Advice or tutorial on creating variables from clkipboard contents

Where can I find advice or a tutorial for creating a variable from
selected cell contents, i.e. from the clipboard content.

I have a relative macro that captures a string from one worksheet and
searches for the string in a second worksheet.

	On finding the string in the second sheet, it returns to the
first sheet and picks up the sting in an adjacent cell and returns to
the second sheet and pastes the second string into a cell adjacent to
the 'found' cell.

	The macro then returns to the first sheet and moves down one row,
preparatory to repeating the capture/switch/search/ etc routine.

It would be much simpler to make variables of each of the two strings
in the primary sheet , switch once to the secondary sheet, search for
the matching string with the first variable and than paste the second
variable into the adjacent 'found' cell.

Lindsay Rollo
Wellington, New Zealand
0
lrollo (3)

Sounds like you are trying to do a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH - look for
these in Excel Help - so why not just enter a formula and copy down?

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 21, 11:43 pm, lro...@paradise.net.nz wrote:
> Where can I find advice or a tutorial for creating a variable from
> selected cell contents, i.e. from the clipboard content.
>
> I have a relative macro that captures a string from one worksheet and
> searches for the string in a second worksheet.
>
>         On finding the string in the second sheet, it returns to the
> first sheet and picks up the sting in an adjacent cell and returns to
> the second sheet and pastes the second string into a cell adjacent to
> the 'found' cell.
>
>         The macro then returns to the first sheet and moves down one row,
> preparatory to repeating the capture/switch/search/ etc routine.
>
> It would be much simpler to make variables of each of the two strings
> in the primary sheet , switch once to the secondary sheet, search for
> the matching string with the first variable and than paste the second
> variable into the adjacent 'found' cell.
>
> Lindsay Rollo
> Wellington, New Zealand

0
pashurst (2576)

Is it possible to create a table inside of a cell?
I am tring to create a Worksheet and within a cell I would like to have three (3) Fields display : name ID, Team, after looking I cannot find a way to do this own my own. Use concatenation to combine the fields together using the "&" symbol. "Jose" wrote: > I am tring to create a Worksheet and within a cell I would like to have three > (3) Fields display : name ID, Team, after looking I cannot find a way to do > this own my own. ...

Creating CRM Users 02-21-05
Hi, i am having this problem whilst trying to issue the last 2 of ou licenses. I have created the rest of the users with no prblems what so ever. After going through the wizard in the deployment manager i get the following message: User 1 ( *User Name* ) failed : A parse error was encountered in the XML (80041a04) - SOAP Server Application Faulted Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is suddenly doing this?? many thanks in advance Ben are you using an strange characters in the username? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Ben Smallwood" <...

Creating an autofill type function from a data validation box
I have a time keeping spreadsheet that has a data validation box to select the payperiod (ie 01/16/10 to 01/31/10, etc) and I need to have boxes for time entry with the dates above them auto complete for the date range for the pay period. I know it can be done, but I can't figure it out, eveything I try is leading me to a dead end. Go back to original thread and see my last reply. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:53:02 -0800, SethT <SethT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a time keeping spreadsheet that has a data validation box to ...

Hardware Advice (RAID 1 or RAID 5?)
Hello, I'm starting an upgrade to Great Plains v8 this month, and I'm about to buy a new server to install it on. This member server will run Windows 2003, SQL2000, and Great Plains v8. It will support 10-15 GP users. Here is what I'm considering, though I'm really interested in advice on whether I should go with RAID 1 or RAID 5 for this application (no budget for both)... CPU: Dual XEON 3.2 GHz RAM: 2 GB Drives: RAID 1 (2 x 73GB 15k SCSI) --or-- RAID 5 (3 x 36GB 15k SCSI) ....Appreciate any feedback on the merits of RAID 1 vs RAID 5 -Trevor Hi The Hardware/dis...

Advice wanted on VC++6/.Net books & software (from tutor)
Hi all, I'm putting together a proposal for an optional course for medical students to teach them a bit of computer programming. I've done a starter course (in which they built console applications) but would like to do a more in-depth one and introduce windows programming. My development suite of choice would be VC++ 6 (as that's what I use and am therefore very familiar with it), but you don't seem to be able to get student versions of this anymore - at least, not via our UK sources. I was after some advice, therefore, on whether I should use .NET (even though I don't u...

Active X component can't create object (maybe Access 2002 vs 2000 problem?)
I created an application in Access 2000 format using Access 2002. The systems using versions of Access 2000 are experiencing problems. Since the application uses replication, originally an error indicated the Microsoft Jet and Replication Objects 2.6 Library was missing. The existing reference library was replaced with the version 2.6. Then the error "Active X component can't create object" occurred. The only difference I can be in the Visual Basic references is that the application shows Microsoft Access 10.0 Object Library while the Access 2000 systems show the 9...

Multiple-variable Functions
This is driving me crazy, and I am sure it is something small and syntax-related that is holding me up: My Function: =========================================== Public Function RenameRecipe(RecipeNo As Integer, RecipeName As String) Dim Conn1 As ADODB.Connection Dim Cmd1 As ADODB.Command Dim rs1 As ADODB.Recordset ' Establish connection. Set Conn1 = New ADODB.Connection Conn1.Open "DSN=ESE_DM;UID=sa;PWD=" + stDatabasePassword + ";" ' Execute SP Set Cmd1 = New ADODB.Command Cmd1.ActiveConnection = Conn1 Cmd1.CommandText = "Update...

How do I create a pie of pie chart?
I have the following data: a 66% b 33% and b1 42% b2 35% b3 8% b4 15% how do I get a pie showing 66% and 33% and a sub pie connected to the 33% showing the other 4 amounts? The chart wizard is driving me round the bend! It keeps adding a 7th slice called "series 1 point other" aaaargh!!! Help! With the following data in cells A1:B5 -- A B 1 a 66% 2 b1 42% 3 b2 35% 4 b3 8% 5 b4 15% Enter the following in cells D1:E5 -- a =B1 b1 =(1-$B$1)*B2 b2 =(1-$B$1)*B3 b3 =(1-$B$1)*B4 b4 =(1-$B$1)*B5 Select a cell in the range D1:E5, and use the Chart W...

yearbook creating
anyone have a template and/or suggestions for creating a yearbook? i'm presently trying the catalog merge feature. thanks First and foremost - Make sure your printer will accept a Publisher file. "griffin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60E4F2EB-D160-490C-964D-5234348F1F58@microsoft.com... > anyone have a template and/or suggestions for creating a yearbook? i'm presently trying the catalog merge feature. thanks Just my opinion, but the power of using an applciation such as Publisher comes from it's ability to work with your ...

How can I merge Documents created in Publisher with Docs made in w
Hello everyone I have a question for the board. How does one merge documents created in Publisher with Documents created in Word? I am using the 2003 edition. I wrote a book proposal used word to create the proposal and Publisher to create the book chapters. How can I combine all these into a single file? Any info that can be provided will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Which program are you going to use for the final product? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "USAPA" <USAPA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BCB1C1C-E2D6-48A2-AD28-898BC8...

creating forms 05-17-10
sorry if my question seems long and basic as i am a beginner @ access i have a list of items price list that include several columns of categories and types .... etc. i have imported the list to access and want to know how to creat a form with objects that enable me to choose from the several drop down lists field and the next fields gets filtered automatically according to the selection. Example: I choose the car brand then when i go to the model field only the models related to this car barnd is visible and when i select the model and go to the options field only options avila...

Can Customer ID be changed after an Order has been created?
Our order entry person created an order and entered about 100 line items before they realized that the had entered the wrong customer ID for the order. They don't want to have to delete/void the order and create a new Sales Transaction Entry and then 'copy' the info .... They want to know if they can change the customer ID, pulling in the correct shipping info etc? I'm wondering if this is possible to do through the database table for the sales header transaction works table (or whatever the correct name is)...what would be the ramifications? The easiest solution woul...

Changing the "created" date on an email
Exchange 2000, all SP's and patches. We had an NTP issue this afternoon that changed the Exchange clock back 1 day. This lasted about 30 minutes. During that time, emails that arrived are obviosuly displaying the wrong time. Will changing the "created" date on the email in the Exchange M: drive screw anything up? Probably. You don't want to edit items via the M: drive. Ever. What you actually want to do (I think) is modify the Sent or Received date property via CDO or extended MAPI. That will affect what is displayed in the clients. "splavery" <spla...

Macro to clear contents of certain cells
I have a range of cells that contains mostly numeric values but some cells are populated with an alpha dash (-). I would like to clear the contents of only those cells that contain a dash and leave the other cells untouched. Replace won't work because it replaces a dash with an alpha blank cell and the cell contents need to be clear or numeric to perform sumproduct() calculations on them or else it results in a #VALUE! error. Yes, I know I could replace "-" with 0, but I need the cell to be blank (no contents). I assume a macro is required. Any ideas? Sub Cle...

Creating a Graphical Map
Aloha, I don't what it is called but I want to make a floor plan or map of say 400 storage units. I have done this before with "Stationary" storage units by creating text boxes on a form page and using mouse-over to bring up data, but now I am on a project where the storage units are changeable! I created a form with subforms and using "conditional formatting" I was able to do the color-boxes criteria thing, but it is a very large memory hog and get "cannot any more forms" errors all the time So is there any free or nominal cost add-on programs that will all...

replacing the Macro name with a variable
Hi, I have a sheet which contains 1 main macro and 19 sub macros. from the main macro i need to call any one of the sub macros using the call function. However is there any way i can write the names of those 19 sub macros in a cell and accordingly the macro should be called depending upon what is the value in the cell. like. Call (value in the cell) instead of Call Macro1 Thnks in advance Application.Run Range("A1").Value -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) <raikar.manish@gmail.com> ...

How do I create check boxes in a form and protect
How do I create check boxes in a form and protect the rest of the sheet? Using Office 2007 B. Morris Are you trying to create a protected document that is backward compatible with earlier versions of Word? If so, first display the Developer tab (if it's not already showing): Click the Office button, and click Word Options. In the Popular category, select "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" and click OK. Then click the Developer tab. Use the Legacy Tools button to add the form fields that you want. When you are done designing the form, click the Protect Documen...

IMF archive is not created as advertised
We are attempting to use the intelligent message filter that arrived with Exchange 2003 SP2. Supposedly we should be able to set the Gateway filter to archive messages that get scored above the level we define and they are placed in \Exchsrvr\mailroot\vsi 1\UCEArchive. However, since implementing this setup the UCEArchive directory does not exist in the default location and we cannot determine what is happing to the messages that get scored over the level we selected. User perfmon to determine what SCLs are being assigned to messages. Are any messages getting a higher SCL than your gate...

creating stacked column/line chart combinations

how do i create a record sheet
i am trying to recreate a record sheeti currently have a copy of but am having trouble doing so. like how do u have text go under each other in the same cell etc. and and how do i put some text above the database but not part of it as in a cell. sorry im not too good at explaining myself Hi Jen Format>Cells>Alignment and select Wrap Text Alter the column width accordingly by hovering the mouse between two column letters until it becomes a double sided arrow, hold left mouse button down and drag to the desired width. If your text is still not coming out as you wish, typing Alt+En...

Keeping variables in a formula
I'm copying a formula to 100 different cells, and I want every cell t maintain a reference to an array, but in another area of the formula, want it to update with the corresponding row that it's on. Is there way to do this? This is an example of the formula: INDEX(Sheet1!A1:G20, MATCH(LEFT(A1, 4), Sheet1!A1:A20,0),20) I want "Sheet1!A1:G20" and "Sheet1!A1:A20" to stay the same, but I wan A1 to change to A2, A3, A4 and so on.... Any Suggestions? Thanks Bria -- Brian Man ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Brian Mann's ...

How can I create a graph or something like a receipt on Excel?
For a graph, see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html I'm not sure what you mean by "something like a receipt". ...

Create Index
Hi all, I have a workbook with quite a lot of sheets and diagrams inside i would like to create a sheet which will work as an index page for the rest of the sheets... eg. i want ot have the name of the sheets and with a way to make a click on the name and go directly to the sheet Do you have any good thoughts? Thanks in advance Manos Manos, have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 97 & 2000 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from m...

create users
I create an aplicattion in Access2002 and I want create many users for use this aplication. But they can't modify aplication. How can I make this? Taken from a post by Rick B: Here are a few resources... Security FAQ http://support.microsoft.com/?id=207793 The Security Whitepaper is also worth reading to help you understand. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=148555 Joan Wild: www.jmwild.com/AccessSecurity.htm Lynn Trapp http://www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/Security.htm -- Hope this help Daniel Pineault "florin" <florin_serban@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

Help with Forms: Creating a button to replicate a table
Essentially what I need to do is have a button or some other click-to-activate control that can be used from 1 to 20 times to generate a copy of a table in a form filled with many other tables. I cannot come up with a way to do this and was hoping the masters here could help. On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 08:14:02 -0800, Hugh Montoya <Hugh Montoya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Essentially what I need to do is have a button or some other >click-to-activate control that can be used from 1 to 20 times to generate a >copy of a table in a form filled with many other tables...