address data base in which I can choose which to use for mailing

I want to set up an address data base in Excel.  They would be a combination
of personal and business addresses.  I want to be able to separate them for
the purpose of printing mailing labels.  I am new to Office, could someone
suggest a template or solution ?  Thank you.

Open a new workbook.

In Sheet1 you will enter your titles across the row in individual cells.

LastName  FirstName  Address  City  State  Zip (and whatever else you wish)

Last column title it Type

Now assuming John Doe has two addresses...one personal and one business.

Row 2 enter  Doe  John  123 main st.  Albany  NY  12345  enter a P in the Type
column

Row 3 enter  Doe  John  456 main st.  Albany  NY  67890  enter B in the Type
column.

Do this for each person in your list.  If it is a personal address enter a P

When you want to print mailing labels, do it through Word with Excel as the
data source.

You can filter or query on the P's and B's in the Type column.

For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm

And a training tutorial for creating envelopes and labels.

http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC010390291033

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:56:02 -0800, "Grammurph7"
<Grammurph7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to set up an address data base in Excel.  They would be a combination
>of personal and business addresses.  I want to be able to separate them for
>the purpose of printing mailing labels.  I am new to Office, could someone
>suggest a template or solution ?  Thank you.
0
Gord
12/16/2005 12:31:56 AM
Thank you, Gord.  I used to have all my addresses in Access and access was
not included in the software on my new computer.  I think your suggestion
just might work.  I'm going to start reading through those links now.  I'm
anxious to enter all my addresses back into the computer.

Grammurph7 wrote:
> Thank you, Gord.  I used to have all my addresses in Access and access was
> not included in the software on my new computer.  I think your suggestion
> just might work.  I'm going to start reading through those links now.  I'm
> anxious to enter all my addresses back into the computer.
>
> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> Open a new workbook.
>>
>> In Sheet1 you will enter your titles across the row in individual cells.
>>
>> LastName  FirstName  Address  City  State  Zip (and whatever else you wish)
>>
>> Last column title it Type
>>
>> Now assuming John Doe has two addresses...one personal and one business.
>>
>> Row 2 enter  Doe  John  123 main st.  Albany  NY  12345  enter a P in the Type
>> column
>>
>> Row 3 enter  Doe  John  456 main st.  Albany  NY  67890  enter B in the Type
>> column.
>>
>> Do this for each person in your list.  If it is a personal address enter a P
>>
>> When you want to print mailing labels, do it through Word with Excel as the
>> data source.
>>
>> You can filter or query on the P's and B's in the Type column.
>>
>> For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source.
>>
>> http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm
>>
>> http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm
>>
>> http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm
>>
>> And a training tutorial for creating envelopes and labels.
>>
>> http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC010390291033
>>

>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>>
>> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:56:02 -0800, "Grammurph7"
>> <Grammurph7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I want to set up an address data base in Excel.  They would be a combination
>>> of personal and business addresses.  I want to be able to separate them for
>>> the purpose of printing mailing labels.  I am new to Office, could someone
>>> suggest a template or solution ?  Thank you.

If you already have an Access database, Access can be purchased separately.
If you have a previous version and upgrade isn't real expensive.
Also if you just open Excel and go to File > open browse to the mdb file
with your addresses you should be able to open the file and bring your data
right into Excel.

gls858
0
gls858 (460)
12/16/2005 4:53:39 PM
If you still have the Access *.mdb kicking around, Excel will open it as a new
workbook.

Gord

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:53:39 -0600, gls858 <gls858@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Thank you, Gord.  I used to have all my addresses in Access and access was
>> not included in the software on my new computer.  I think your suggestion
>> just might work.  I'm going to start reading through those links now.  I'm
>> anxious to enter all my addresses back into the computer.
0
Gord

Using Relative path for XML data file?

invalid email address

using the journal on outlook

data sort

Pulling data from separate tabs

Formula for cross tab data filling

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

Help with importing data

outlook 2007 e-mail

predict future data

OE autodelete OLD mail

Reference / Copy Dynamic Data
Have a worksheet listing products and prices for numerous suppliers. eg.: Supplier--Product---Price ABC-------apple-----1.00 ABC-------orange----1.20 XYZ-------brick-----3.40 XYZ-------cement----0.80 This worksheet will change often. What I would like is to reference this information on other worksheets. I would also split the info onto a worksheet for each supplier. Therefore i will have a worksheet for ABC and for XYZ, and the info in these worksheets will change as the main "index" worksheet changes. eg. Worksheet ABC contains: Product---Price apple-----1.00 orange----1.20 ...