Adding text in cells

I would like to add text to a cell just like using word. That is, being able
to type a short line and hit return for the next line. Right now I can not
have separate lines of text.
I would like it to look something like this.

The 1st stop is Dallas.
Go to the top of the hill and turn right at the tee. Go 14 miles to the
light and turn right again.

Call me at 12:00 PM.

And can parts of the text be bold or have color?
Thanks,
Art

Type first line then hit Alt + ENTER to give a linefeed within the cell.

Yes, you can boild and color text within a cell.

In the formula bar select the part(s) of the text to bold and color and
format as such.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 05:24:02 -0700, Skip cell with dates
<Skipcellwithdates@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would like to add text to a cell just like using word. That is, being able
>to type a short line and hit return for the next line. Right now I can not
>have separate lines of text.
>I would like it to look something like this.
>
>The 1st stop is Dallas.
>Go to the top of the hill and turn right at the tee. Go 14 miles to the
>light and turn right again.
>
>Call me at 12:00 PM.
>
>And can parts of the text be bold or have color?
>Thanks,
>Art

0
Gord

Prevent clicking on a cell

if cell is text move left one column

C# Adding Days to a Date
Hello, I have 2 objects: objContract.activeon and objContract.expireson. I am trying to add 364 days to objContract.activeon and assign it to the value of objContractexpireson. ---------------------------------------------------------- // Contract Start Date DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; objContract.activeon = new CrmDateTime(); int iFound = 0; string sTemp = ""; if (objAccount.paymenttermscode.Value == 1) // due on receipt - use Todays Date { objContract.activeon = objInvoice.CFDinvoicedate; } else // ...

Separating Date and Time in a cell

pulling certain characters from a string of text
I need to look up "certain critera" within a string of characters, then return that "certain criterea" to a new column. Some examples of a strings of characters may look like these: K5J091509001 Sample PO#S881009 K55sample PO CarrieRJR TJ5 My "Certain Critera" I have listed on another sheet, named "REP ID" K5J S88 K55 RJR TJ5 How do I pull out the 3 characters of "Certain Criterea" from the string of text and copy or enter it into a new column? Hi, =left(a1,3) "SaraMack" wrote: > I need to look up "c...

Adding support for mfc / atl types in a Win32 project
MSDN says this about adding support for classes shared between atl & mfc (I'm just after points and rects btw)... just add the header ( atltypes.h ). I'm getting linker errors for these classes though. Is there a lib I need to add? Any screwy build options need changing? It's in VC 2003. In the project wizard I note that atl and mfc support aren't available when creating an empty Win32 application. Ta. On 26 May 2006 07:42:09 -0700, Simon L wrote: > MSDN says this about adding support for classes shared between atl & > mfc (I'm just after points and rect...

can I snap wrap points to a text box

adding extra marker styles
how do we add extra marker styles into an excel chart? we have used all the ones it has given us in 2003, but there use3d to be many more in 2002, how do we get them back? Hi, Here is an explanation on how to add custom markers. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomMarkers.html I don't think the marker style have changed since xl2000. Cheers Andy Grizzabella wrote: > how do we add extra marker styles into an excel chart? we have used all the > ones it has given us in 2003, but there use3d to be many more in 2002, how do > we get them back? -- Andy Pope, Micro...

Automatic changes in cells

default text height comment
Is there a way to set the default text height for a new comment? Thanks mark (I've looked through help but can't find it if it's in there.) I assume you mean the font size? There is no text height available in Excel. A comment has a shape property and that is what you can use to change the font size. They didn't make it easy ... Range("D4").Comment.Shape.TextFrame.Characters.Font.Size = 12 -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "mp" <nospam@Thanks.com> wrote in message...

Removing spaces from text #4
I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any easy way to remove this space? Use the TRIM() function. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1144876429.220961.309040@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at > the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any > easy way to remove this space? > I tried using that function but the results st...

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Sorting Cells by Colors

Charttitle.Text crashes (Excel 2000)
Hi, when I try to run the following code (on an existing diagram): With ActiveChart Dim globalLstFile as String globalLstFile =3D "02 KOBA_XYZ_C3-06214 02- 20.7-20.8=B0C Touchprobe Mittelpunkte.lst" =2EHasTitle =3D True =2EChartTitle.Text =3D "KOBA Sphere Gauge S/N 38 538 (" + globalLstFile + ")" & Chr(10) & _ "color coding: red =3D Zone 1, green =3D Zone 2, blue =3D Zone 3"= & Chr(10) & _ "light color: measurements that contain spheres that are within 20 cm of the edge of the measurement volume" ..=...

How do I create upper/lower case letters in cells?
I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? You could create helper cells with this formula =proper(A1) "boz130" wrote: > I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I > want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? ...