adding rows to excel table

I have created an inventory table with about 500 rows (one per item).  Now, I
need to add five blank rows after each already entered row.  These 5 new rows
contain a formula that is constant throughout the whole thing.  Is there a
way to do this without manually adding them one by one?  can't i just create
one set of the new rows including the formula and tell the program to insert
it after each existing row?
0
haystack (1)

haystack

here is a macro that will insert 5 blank lines after every row

something similar can be done to insert formulas as required or to copy
a range and paste it into the blank rows

--
mudraker
mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2473

haystack

Looks like I had a hiccup with my previous post as the code did no
show up

here is a macro that will insert 5 blank lines after every row

something similar can be done to insert formulas as required or to cop
a range and paste it into the blank rows

Sub InsertRows()
Dim lRow As Long
For lRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
Rows(lRow & ":" & lRow + 4).Insert Shift:=xlDown
Next lRow
End Su

--
mudrake
[...]

Looks like I had a hiccup with my previous post as the code did not
show up

here is a macro that will insert 5 blank lines after every row

something similar can be done to insert formulas as required or to copy
a range and paste it into the blank rows

Sub InsertRows()
Dim lRow As Long
For lRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
Rows(lRow & ":" & lRow + 4).Insert Shift:=xlDown
Next lRow
End Sub

--
mudraker
mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2473
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=535761

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Proper Table(s) Layout
I have created a couple of Dbs which the table structure seemed to simply fall into place, it was just logical in my head. That said, I am working on a new db and for some reason I am doubting myself and wanted a second opinion. The db is basically a contract db to input all the info, and there is a lot of info, for each contract. Where I am 'lost' is the fact that the contracts are broken into categories: clients, components,engineering, warantee... For all of the components (with the exception of clients) there are a number of fields but only 1 entry per contract....

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Table link documentation

Duplicate Rows
I have an extract from a student information system in Excel that looks like this. Student Class Grade Quarter John Chemistry 70 1 John Chemistry 80 2 John Math 95 1 John Math 100 2 Alice Chemistry 67 1 Alice Chemistry 47 2 Alice Math 88 1 Alice Math 85 2 What I would like is this: John 70 80 95 100 Alice 67 47 88 85 However, since there are hundreds of students, this would be an extreme pain to do by hand. Is there any built-in formula or function in Excel that can do this? What is it that you actually want to do? (The best approach depends on what your desired end r...

C# Adding Days to a Date
Hello, I have 2 objects: objContract.activeon and objContract.expireson. I am trying to add 364 days to objContract.activeon and assign it to the value of objContractexpireson. ---------------------------------------------------------- // Contract Start Date DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; objContract.activeon = new CrmDateTime(); int iFound = 0; string sTemp = ""; if (objAccount.paymenttermscode.Value == 1) // due on receipt - use Todays Date { objContract.activeon = objInvoice.CFDinvoicedate; } else // ...

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

Adding support for mfc / atl types in a Win32 project
MSDN says this about adding support for classes shared between atl & mfc (I'm just after points and rects btw)... just add the header ( atltypes.h ). I'm getting linker errors for these classes though. Is there a lib I need to add? Any screwy build options need changing? It's in VC 2003. In the project wizard I note that atl and mfc support aren't available when creating an empty Win32 application. Ta. On 26 May 2006 07:42:09 -0700, Simon L wrote: > MSDN says this about adding support for classes shared between atl & > mfc (I'm just after points and rect...

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

adding extra marker styles
how do we add extra marker styles into an excel chart? we have used all the ones it has given us in 2003, but there use3d to be many more in 2002, how do we get them back? Hi, Here is an explanation on how to add custom markers. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomMarkers.html I don't think the marker style have changed since xl2000. Cheers Andy Grizzabella wrote: > how do we add extra marker styles into an excel chart? we have used all the > ones it has given us in 2003, but there use3d to be many more in 2002, how do > we get them back? -- Andy Pope, Micro...

Coloring a row
I have a spreadsheet and I want to have cells colored from column A to K if cell h is not blank. So if h3 has a date in it I want A3:K3 to be say light blue. This is for Office 2003. I can do it with conditional formating in 2007, but my work place doesn't have 2007. I did use column L and put an if statement to give a true or false in the cell depending on if the cell in col. h was empty or not. Any ideas how to get this to work? Hi John This sort of thing will work in 2003 conditional formating. In Cell A3 go to Format - conditional formattting. Formula is Paste...

Pivot Table Defaults
In the pivot table field list, whenever I create a new pivot table and I am inserting fields into the value area, I generally get as default field setting the 'Count' value. Is there a way to format the spreadsheet to make Excel recognize the data as all numbers so it defaults to the "Sum" function as opposed to "text"? Hi The rule that the PT Wizard adopts is, If all the values in the field being added to the data area are Numeric, then it uses Sum. If any of the values are Text or BLANK, then it uses Count. It sounds as though you have defin...

Like a pivot table
Hello every body I'm first time requesting in this group, so I opologize in advance for any mistakes or something annoying I repeat what I have sent before 10 min because I see it unclear when it goes to news group If any one can help me I'm working with data which most of it comes like a table with feilds as columns and records as rows. I want it to be as many rows with each feild an example what is exist name age Joining Date Tele John 20 Jun-90 4321251 Iqbal 30 Jul-95 6583752 George 40 Sep-85 7843125 What I wa...