adding number in next cell

Every  month I have to change the sales amount in my worksheet.  I would
like this amount to be added automatically to the total for the year sales
amount in the next cell.  Is this possible?
0
Ed4190 (308)

Of course it's possible!

If you would like a suggested formula:

=SUM($A$1:A1)

Now, if this doesn't work for you, how would I know that, with all the
information that you gave us?
--

Regards,

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"ED" <ED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Every  month I have to change the sales amount in my worksheet.  I would
like this amount to be added automatically to the total for the year sales
amount in the next cell.  Is this possible?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
1/11/2006 4:52:16 PM
right click sheet tab>view code>insert this>modify a10 to your cell>SAVE

If Target.Address <> "$A$10" Then Exit Sub
Target.Offset(, 1) = Target.Offset(, 1) + Target
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"ED" <ED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Every  month I have to change the sales amount in my worksheet.  I would
> like this amount to be added automatically to the total for the year sales
> amount in the next cell.  Is this possible?

0
dguillett1 (2487)
1/11/2006 4:52:20 PM
I guess I should explain myself a bit better.
Every month I enter the actual sales amount in Cell C13,  then in Cell D13 I
enter the cummulative sales amount for the year (which I calculate manually).
The following month I enter the new actual sales amount in Cell C13 and I
add this amount to the previous cummulative sales amount from the previous
month in Cell D13.   Can D13 be updated automatically with a formula every
time I enter a new amount in Cell C13?

"ED" wrote:

> Every  month I have to change the sales amount in my worksheet.  I would
> like this amount to be added automatically to the total for the year sales
> amount in the next cell.  Is this possible?
0
Ed4190 (308)
1/11/2006 9:10:05 PM
Why not just qualify Rag's offering with an IF
or
modify mine

   'If Target.Address <> "$A$10" Then Exit Sub
If Target.Column <> 1 Then Exit Sub
Target.Offset(, 1) = Target.Offset(-1, 1) + Target
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
>I guess I should explain myself a bit better.
> Every month I enter the actual sales amount in Cell C13,  then in Cell D13
> enter the cummulative sales amount for the year (which I calculate
> manually).
> The following month I enter the new actual sales amount in Cell C13 and I
> add this amount to the previous cummulative sales amount from the previous
> month in Cell D13.   Can D13 be updated automatically with a formula every
> time I enter a new amount in Cell C13?
>
> "ED" wrote:
>

>> Every  month I have to change the sales amount in my worksheet.  I would
>> like this amount to be added automatically to the total for the year
>> sales
>> amount in the next cell.  Is this possible?

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Scanning for new files added to directory
I'd like to write a program that can monitor a download directory and identify the addition of new files added. Could someone give a suggestion as to how this could be accomplished. Many thanks, Marcus >I'd like to write a program that can monitor a download directory and >identify the addition of new files added. Could someone give a >suggestion as to how this could be accomplished. Marcus, Have a look at the FindFirstChangeNotification API documentation on MSDN. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ok, thanks for the tip David "Marcus" <mcde...

Sort
We've recently made a very long spreadsheet with about 80 columns. BAD things happen! When people do a lazy sort - that is, ctrl home, Sort and use the populated defaults, Excel only "selects" 64 columns. Of course this totally pooches the data and creates disconnects. No problems when the user selects the whole spreadsheet (by selecting the upper lefthand corner), sorts and fills in the criteria themselves. My question is, is this for real or am I imagining it? Is there a limit of 64 columns in Excel on that lazy sort? We're dealing with the workaround, I j...

Generate Sequential numbers and letters combined
All my relationships in my database are one to many. The table consists of 9 fields, one of them being my "contract number" field and it has a drop down box. The other fields are prices. I have it set up in my form when I click on "contract number" the company name and all the related prices and calculations come up for that specific "contract number". The only thing I can not figure out is how to generate a sequential work order number to relate to EACH different contract number. For Example if I click on "contract numbers" and I choose A000...

how do i create an access code sheet to number my office files an.
im new to this office. the former person made an access code sheet (looks like it was made in excel, but im not sure) the sheet numbers and color codes files that are in the office. i guess the former did not save the sheet, and i need to add new files. So if i need to make a new access code sheet to number and color code all files, which way will be the easiest to do this. (and i've never used excel or word to do this, so please leave how-to instructions) you may want to use word to do this so you can use the label function. you could just as easily do it in excel as well simpl...

Multiple choices for a cell
I am creating a worksheet which deals with employee or job candidates qualifications. Each cell will hold the various details pertaining to a person's qualifications. Different people have different degrees. This will be all stored in a single cell and separated by a comma. Is it possible to create some sort of custom or drop down box which contains controls or check boxes so as to create a standardised list of qualifications the data entry clerk can choose from? For example, i would like a cell to have a drop down box, which is a field that displays the qualifications a particular gra...

help with spliting data cells
I am looking for assistance with splitting data between cells. I have a column of data (first (space) last name). I need to split that column into two seperate columns so each name value is in it;s own cell and i end with 2 seperate columns. (john smith) to (john) (smith) Please advise if this is easy and can be done. Thanks, Phil pcavalcanto@Aol.com -- pcavalcanto ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pcavalcanto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32212 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...

Select range for function in a cell
Hi, is it possible to select create a formula in a cell. such as =SUM( and have the cursor be between the () so the user can select th appopriate range to enter? Or would this just be done separately. (Since one would need to know the range and WHERE to put the formul in..ie. what cell) similar to if you hit the autosum button but ther are no numbers above or the left, it simply waits for the user t select a range and then hits enter. THanks! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if I understood you correctly: No -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, is it p...

Copy and Paste in Excel, copies cell and formula, but shows same v
Excel 2003 with 2007 converters installed. Not constant problem, but have seen it once before, can't remember how to stop it happening. I have a bank forecast which I have a running total column, against a individual line item list. Noddy stuff. Problem. If I make changes to the forecast I need to recopy down the running total formula to refresh the running total when it doesn't pick up the additions, usual when a cut has been pasted in. Whilst it allows me to dragdown or copy and paste the formula and the new cells take on the correct line/column numbers to do thei...

String of numbers
Hi, I have a problem to make a string of numbers. What I'm trying to do is following. Ex. 1 Cell A1 45-0001 Cell B1 5975 The result I want in Cell C1: 450001005975 I'l be wery grateful for some help! -- Best regards Mia You can start with this =replace(A1,"-","") & text(B1,"000000") -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "Mia" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a problem to make a string of numbers. What I'm trying to do is > following. > > Ex. 1 > Cell A1 > 45-0001 > Cell B1 > 5...

displaying a comment only when the cell is selected #2
I'd like to insert a comment in a certain cell, so that when that cell is selected by a user, the comment is then displayed. I know this must be possible, but I haven't been able to figure it out.... I can show or hide comments in various combinations, but can't find a way to hide the comment UNTIL the cell is selected, and then display it. How do I do this please?! Thanks Hi Jeff, Try: Tools Options | View tab | select 'Comment indicator only" | OK --- Regards, Norman "Jeff" <no_em@ilplea.se> wrote in message news:JdidnecOi7ehGVbfRVnyhg@eclip...

Last Cell #2
I know this has been asked before but I cant find what I want on Google. I need to get the address or row number of the first empty cell in column A, either will do, I need to use VB to copy and paste data from ten sheets into one. A formula or a VB way would be great, anyway of identifying the first empty cell. This cell may be empty or contain a null string. Any help would be reaaly good. TIA Alan. to find the last row x=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row+1 to find the next empty x=cells(1,1).end(xldown).row ' or address -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com &...

duplicate cells linearly?
Hello all - Is there a way to duplicate a formula in cells were the row reference grows linearly, instead of simply the number of cells? For instance, if you have in Sheet2 the formula Sheet1!$c1 and you duplicate it into rows below, you get Sheet1!$c2 Sheet1!$c3 Sheet1!$c4 Sheet1!$c5 However, we would like to do : Sheet1!$c4 Sheet1!$c8 Sheet1!$c12 We have a spreadsheet composed of two worksheets. In the first worksheet there are cells which are summed every 72 rows. We want those summed values to appear in worksheet 2, in one row after the other. Since we have a lot of summed cells, i...

Numbered Discovery Requests
Could you advise of a way to number discovery requests sequentially, for instance, Interrogatory No. 1, Request for Production No. 1, Request for Admission No. 1. They need to be numbered individually as these requests are normally intermingled throughout a document and not grouped together. But each type of request needs to be sequentially numbered according to the type of request it is. Is this explanation confusing? Maybe this will help: Interrogatory No. 1 Request for Production No. 1 Interrogatory No. 2 Interrogatory No. 3 Request for Production No. 2 Request for Admi...

Cell Not working
I have office 2002, my windows is home xp. Last week we had to reformat my xp, got a hold of a nasty worm! I just use a chart to display numbers in series. Now when I try it from an old sheet it inserts the number as a date? I keep trying to change the cell to GENERAL, but it dosen't work. Can't understand it. When you say you keep trying to re-format the cell as General, what result do you get? If I do it on a date cell (re-format) I get the date code (i.e. the value of the date). Ex. cells has "03-01-11", select cell and re-format to General = 37632. -- Regards; Ro...

Loan numbering stops
Loan numbering has stopped when I last changed my payment amount due to escrow recacluation. I get this error attempting to manually assign them: "You cannot change this transaction into an electronic payment or trnasfer because the date is not within an acceptable range and cannot be changed" How do I get the numbering restored? ...

delete row if given cell = 'X'
Is there an easy way to do the above. Thanks much Carl "MSNews" <nf@no.com> wrote in message news:%23Fj6fBvPKHA.764@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to do the above. > > Thanks much > > Carl > I'm not an expert but use data filter to select the rows, select and delete them. Try it with a trial sheet first though! Peter Several ways 1. data>filter>autofilter>filter on the x>delete 2. a looping macro from the bottom up sub delifx() for i=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row to 2 step -1 if lcase(cells(i,&qu...

How do I stop numbers from converting into dates?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I want to enter 4/1 or 4-1 into a cell but every time I press enter it converts it to 1-Apr. this is very irritating and despite looking in the the various preferences and format tabs I have yet to find a way to stop it. What am I doing wrong? First of all, any formulas need to be preceded by an equals sign (=) to let Excel know that what follows is an 'instruction' to be executed. Otherwise the content is interpreted as a text string or -- as in this case due to the operators you're using ("/&quo...

using two cells 1 with total time n 1 with date how can i put the.
I'm trying to put the amount of time spent in to a seperate sheet (Cell # 2 column E ) from a sheet that has the dates in one cell (column A) and the time spent in another (column K) and the reason for the time spent in column B. On the seperate sheet I have to put the amount of time spent in column E and match with the date I have in column A on the seperate sheet to populate the chart that I'm making. The only thing that I have been able to do is create a formula to show the amount of time spent and for what reason but i can't match it to the date because the dates ...

matching part numbers dispersed in two columns
Hello - I work with price lists in Excel. I want to match lists whos main columns are part numbers. Problem is that there are part number that do not match in between the two lists. For example, the part numbers column in one list (I'll call it "A")ma have the part numbers 72579, 72580, 72581, 72582, 72583. The par numbers column in the other list (I'll call it "B") may have 72579 72580, 72582, 72583, 72584. I want to match the numbers from list "B" to list "A". If Excel coul just line up the matching numbers on a new column (and leaving blan ...

print title page setup/sheet can not enter cell in row/column lin
On page setup in the sheet page we can not enter cells into the print titles row or columns. Also the worksheet cell query on these lines will not open. Hi Are you trying do this from Print Preview page, or File|Page Setup? I think it's only possible from the latter. -- Andy. "don r" <don r@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26C400D7-14A0-41F8-BBE6-8DF2F5579A30@microsoft.com... > On page setup in the sheet page we can not enter cells into the print > titles > row or > columns. Also the worksheet cell query on these lines will not open. &g...

Number line (teachers)
how to draw a number line as in mathematics? a line with numbers, integer/fractions/decimals. Manually. Use drawing items/autoshapes and text boxes. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "dharmika" <dharmika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B473C4DB-6F31-4170-9F99-E8E923FA156C@microsoft.com... > how to draw a number line as in mathematics? a line with numbers, > integer/fractions/decimals. ...

Help Wanted with phone numbers at bottom
I've noticed two others with the same problem. We need a program for phone numbers at the bottom of the page. Yard Sales, help wanted, and other sale items. There are some templates at http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx? for fliers with tear-offs. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Pulseofwa@hotmail.com" <Pulseofwa@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4C49309-7AB2-4984-9EC6-D552B3240B91@microsoft.com... > I've noticed two others wit...

lowest Digit Cell...
hello what's the formula to use when i have 20 cells with digits & i want to get the lowest digit on those 20 cells, in a different cell ? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ i ment like If A1 is 8.02 A2 is 8.24 A3 is 9.79 A4 is 7.09 A5 is 7.15 & Cell C1 suppose to Show 7.09 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: C1: =MIN(A1:A5) In article <Pivotrend.ysouy@excelforum-nospam.com>, Pivotrend <Pivotrend.ysouy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > i ment like If > > A1 is 8.02 > A2 is 8.24 > A3 is 9.79 > ...

How do I compare cells in a column
I am inputing a large column of names and numbers and would like to insure I don't repeat any. I'm not sure how the Vlookup works I continually receive errors and the If command only works with 2 cells. Thank you in advance for any help!! One way .. Suppose the list to be entered is in col F Select col F Click Data > Validation Make the settings: Choose under "Allow:" : Custom Source: =COUNTIF($F$1:F1,F1)<=1 Click OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Jim K" <Jim K@discus...

How do I find the minimum NONBLANK value in a sequence of cells?
How do I find the minimum NONBLANK value in a sequence of cells? codeslinger, =MIN(A1:A10), Min will ignore blank cells if you have a number in one cell -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "codeslinger" <codeslinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69AD1DAE-BC84-47BF-8A0F-F56D2EAFD316@microsoft.com... > How do I find the minimum NONBLANK value in a sequence of cells? =min(a1:a10) =m...