adding multiple worksheet values

Hi all, and excuse the ignorance, but I'm asking this on behalf of a friend.
He has an Excel file with 12 spreadsheets named January to December. Each
spreadsheet has a column of figures which individually tally up on the
bottom of each page using a standard formula.
Is there any way of setting a formula to add up the 12 totals of each
worksheet to give a gross total on the month 12 spreadsheet.
Best wishes,
John

One way

=SUM(January:December!A500)

where A500 is the cell with the totals on each page

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"John Orrett" <johnorrett@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all, and excuse the ignorance, but I'm asking this on behalf of a
friend.
> He has an Excel file with 12 spreadsheets named January to December. Each
> spreadsheet has a column of figures which individually tally up on the
> bottom of each page using a standard formula.
> Is there any way of setting a formula to add up the 12 totals of each
> worksheet to give a gross total on the month 12 spreadsheet.
> Best wishes,
> John

0
terre081 (3244)
2/11/2004 12:14:48 AM
Hi John,

If the source cells are on the same location (e.g. C10) on each =
worksheet you can use something like

    =3DSUM(January:December!C10)

Otherwise you can address the cells individually like

    =3DSUM(January!C10,July!C11,December!C12)

Adjust the references to suit.

HTH
Anders Silven

"John Orrett" <johnorrett@blueyonder.co.uk> skrev i meddelandet =
> Hi all, and excuse the ignorance, but I'm asking this on behalf of a =
friend.
> He has an Excel file with 12 spreadsheets named January to December. =
Each
> spreadsheet has a column of figures which individually tally up on the
> bottom of each page using a standard formula.
> Is there any way of setting a formula to add up the 12 totals of each
> worksheet to give a gross total on the month 12 spreadsheet.
> Best wishes,
> John
>=20

Suppose the cells on the various sheet are in different cells

=January!$D$25 + February!$D$50 + .... + December!$D$100
(you don't have to type everything, you can just select the worksheettab
ande the cell).

If they are all in the same cell (say D50) you could use   =
Sum(January:December!$D$50)

--
Regards,
Auk  Ales

* Please reply to this newsgroup only *
* I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *

"John Orrett" <johnorrett@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all, and excuse the ignorance, but I'm asking this on behalf of a
friend.
> He has an Excel file with 12 spreadsheets named January to December. Each
> spreadsheet has a column of figures which individually tally up on the
> bottom of each page using a standard formula.
> Is there any way of setting a formula to add up the 12 totals of each
> worksheet to give a gross total on the month 12 spreadsheet.
> Best wishes,
> John

Thanks for the feedback folks. All the values on each worksheet will be in a
different cell, as each month's figures will vary. I will pass on this
information to my friend.
Many thanks for your prompt responses.
Best wishes,
John

"A.W.J. Ales" <awj_alesnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Suppose the cells on the various sheet are in different cells
>
> =January!$D$25 + February!$D$50 + .... + December!$D$100
> (you don't have to type everything, you can just select the worksheettab
> ande the cell).
>

> If they are all in the same cell (say D50) you could use   =
> Sum(January:December!$D$50)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Auk  Ales
>
> * Please reply to this newsgroup only *
> * I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *
>
> "John Orrett" <johnorrett@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi all, and excuse the ignorance, but I'm asking this on behalf of a
> friend.
> > He has an Excel file with 12 spreadsheets named January to December.
Each
> > spreadsheet has a column of figures which individually tally up on the
> > bottom of each page using a standard formula.
> > Is there any way of setting a formula to add up the 12 totals of each
> > worksheet to give a gross total on the month 12 spreadsheet.
> > Best wishes,
> > John

Pivot tables remember values that are not available anymore
Hello everyone I would like to ask you is it is possible to reset the fields in a pivot table to make disapear values that they are not anymore available on the data form the selection-criteria when a fields is drill down example lets make a simple table like :: uno dos tres a q 1 s q 2 d q 3 f q 4 g q 5 a w 6 s w 7 d w 8 f w 9 g w 0 make a pivot table and drilldown "uno" (row fields), drillacross "dos" (column fields) and "tres" as Data-Items so in the selection criteria for "uno" ...

Internet - Take Advantage of Multiple Windows When Surfing
-- Internet - Take Advantage of Multiple Windows When Surfing SUMMARY: Stop jumping back and forth between index pages by using several browser windows. Why use one web browser window when you can have multiple? If you have an adequate amount of memory, open up several web browsers to maximize your surfing experience. One great way to do this is via a start page. Select a page from where you would like to begin browsing, such as a table of contents or links page. Now, instead of left-clicking on links or entries to view other pages, right-click the links. From the pop-up menu that a...

worksheets with in workssheets?
I am trying to setup a class scheduling workbook. I want work sheets that represent weeks and then within that sheet have separate tabs for the days of the week...can this be done? ie I click on "week 1" tab and then I can select any of the days of the week and that gives me my list of classes for that day. Thanks No, this can't be done... why re-invent the wheel... look online for a class scheduling workbook, I'm sure there are plenty out there that you could use to start out with and have the ability to customize! Regards, Armando ...

Multiple search change calendar view
Hi Here's my problem : I go 2 calendar My view is day/week/month with preview When I do more than one search with the little search (not advanced) box, go to another folder then go back to calendar, view is changed to "active appointements". How can i prevent this ? Thanks Fred ...

Multiple aliases in Exchange 2003
I work for a company that provides both internet and television service. We run aan old version of qmail for our email server.(This is before I started working here) Recently the two areas split and formed two seperate companies. I am with the TV side and am in the process of moving us to Exchange 2k3. There are two employees of the internet company that helped found the overall company, that do not want to loose their email addresses and aliases. I have created domain accounts for them, but do not give them their passwords. I then created a contact to forward the incoming email to....

Pasting cell values doesn't remove the formula
WindowsXP Excel2003 I select all, copy, go to a new sheet, edit, paste special, values..its pastes different numbers and not the number that I previously had on the sheet. If you select the cell in the original range that looks different after you paste it, what do you see in that cell? What do you see in the formula bar for that cell? Any chance you're copying a range that has hidden rows/columns? Or even pasting to a range that has hidden rows/columns? HT wrote: > > WindowsXP > Excel2003 > > I select all, copy, go to a new sheet, edit, paste special, values..its ...

Insert worksheet grayed out
I want to insert another sheet in a workbook, but I don't understand why the insert menu, the option worksheet is grayed out. Thanks Hi Richard, your workbook could be protected. Check Tools - Protection. If there is displayed "Unprotect Workbook", your workbook is protected... and in that case you cannot add worksheets, unless you unprotect the workbook. Regards, Nika Lampe "Richard" je napisal: > I want to insert another sheet in a workbook, but I don't understand why the > insert menu, the option worksheet is grayed out. Thanks > > &g...

scripts for adding TCP/IP printer and driver
Is there a sample of scripts or batch file how to add TCP/IP printer for local machine? I would like to use local machine to connect printer by using TCP/IP printer, I don’t want to use printer server because we always having some sort of issue. To make my life easier I just like client machine to use local TCP/IP printer and I want to in some kind to scripting to automated add the printer for them. Try asking in one of Windows newsgroups. drpepper wrote: > Is there a sample of scripts or batch file how to add TCP/IP printer for > local machine? > I would like to use local ma...

Convert a textbox string value into date
I need to convert a textbox string value in the form of 31-12-09 into a date in the same format, can any one help please, thank you. >>I need to convert a textbox string value in the form of 31-12-09 into a date in the same format, Converting I understand but 'into a date in the same format' is confusing. DateSerial("20" & Right("31-12-09",2),Mid("31-12-09",InStr("31-12-09","-")+1,2),Left("31-12-09",2)) If you format it for display the results is a string. If you are going to use it in calculati...

Excel VBA
Hi VBAers, I put some code in a workbook that I now want to re-use. My problem is I cannot remember which workbook it's in & thus, it could be in one of 30 workbooks. I was wondering if anyone can suggest a better way to find the code rather than searching for it 30 times please? Also, I think best practice is that I put my favourite code into my personal.xls file - is that correct? kazzy was thinking very hard : > Hi VBAers, > > I put some code in a workbook that I now want to re-use. My problem is > I cannot remember which workbook it's in & thus, it could be ...

Timesheet with multiple in/out daily
I have downloaded Pearsall's timesheet, which is wonderful. However, I need to have 3 sets of In/Out columns. I added the two additional columns, but now can't figure out how to correct the calculations. Also, is it possible to input the data without needing to use a colon? I don't care if I'd have to use military times. I have a ton of times to enter, and using only the numeric keypad would be most efficient. Thanks! Do you mean Chip Pearson's OT timesheet at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm ? If so you need to explain what you added You can us...

Graph Question. Values from different pages. Not in same cell ranges.
Hi, I have an excel work book which keeps track of players averages in a dart league. Every week gets a different page. I would like pages for individual players, that will keep track of only 2 columns on a weekly basis, which I will use to make a graph. Because the stats are sorted by high average, the players don't always stay in the same cells. The long way would be for me to reference the necessary cells, week to week. I was wondering if there is a script that can do the following pseudocode. Using C1 in the current individual player's sheet. C1 = Where "Week1.Ce...

Count with difficult/multiple citeria
Hi, I have a complicated question for help. I hope that I make it sound ok. First thing to remember is that this sheet is linked to another, which is in-turn link to another...ive been filtering data! so what i have is: >From B3:B200 a list of brands >From column F2 to to Z2 I have a list of shop names and then their respective sales in F3:Z200 What I want is for it to idenitfy where there are only sales in one store (so where there are it will say one)...that is easy I can do that! but the next bit is where I am stuck. The brands can be the same, so there could be more tha...

Generate multiple ACH Files (NACHA files) based on routing numbers
We are using GP 9.0 with Direct Deposit Module. We would like to find if there a way in GP to Generate multiple ACH Files (NACHA files) based on routing numbers setup for employee's in Great Plains. We are currently setup to generate 1 ACH file per company. Customer support response was that there is no solution in any version of GP. If someone can of any assistance with this request, it would be great appreciated. Thanks. Azfar Azfar, You could write a VBScript or VB program that will take the output file and split it in multiple files based on routing number. This should be...

Item being recognized in multiple accounts
hello, I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction with this requirement. We are currently looking to implement a new Chart of Accounts in GP and one of the requirements is that an item can be recognized against multiple accounts depending on some parameters (departments, function) of how it's sold. In our current configuration all of our items just hit one account. To support this I see two approaches ... either we dynamically construct the account the item has to hit on input and override the accounts in the transaction or we have multiple versions of the sam...

Charting Multiple Series Data with Dates?
Hello I am plotting 5 data series on the same line chart. Dates are plotted on the x axis and concentrations of chloride on the y axis. The dates are formatted like "5/12/2003" as "general" data in the "alignment" menu of "format". The trick is, each data set does not have the exact same date range. For example, one sampling site may have 10 data points that range from 4/2/1991 to 5/12/2003 where as another sampling site may have 12 data points ranging from 4/30/1991 to 5/1/2003. That is to say that the sampling dates for each sampling site are not ...

How do I get '&' to print within the Header of a Excel Worksheet?
I am having trouble getting the & to show up in the Header of an Excel Spreadsheet. What am I doing wrong? For example: Smith & Smith Use two ampersands. The first one gets eaten by Excel. Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict) http://www.TheExcelAddict.com mmmmmmmm ampersands.... "ExcelNut" wrote: > Use two ampersands. The first one gets eaten by Excel. > > Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict) > http://www.TheExcelAddict.com > . > ...

Pivot table from Multiple Consolidation Ranges
Dear All Excel Experts, Creating a Pivot Table from 1 data table in 1 worksheet gives me the Pivot Table the way I want it, meaning as many Page Fields as I defined them at the top left of the Pivot Table. These Page Fields represent the column lables and in the drop-down I can choose the data under that lable of the respective column. Now I wish to have precise the same Pivot Table, but this time from data tables spread over several worksheets, whereby the format of these data tables are exactly the same. But now the drop-down of the Page Fields at the top left of the Pivot Table g...

How to anchor data label show value option on Pivot Chart
I have a pivot chart and I like to show the data value above the column, however when I resort the chart with a new query, the data labels disappear and I have to go back through format data series/data labels/show value all over again. How do I get the data labels to stay and update automatically based on the new sort Leroy This is an admitted deficiency in pivot tables and charts. Next time you have to redo a chart's formatting, record a macra, then play it back every time after that. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Sol...

Adding other contact folders to address book, as it were?
I have several contacts folders (5 to be exact). I have them because I use these to import/export to to other email clients, or to files and I need these addresses to all be separate from one another. I just recently needed to actually use a third set of addresses. My address book accesses a personal address book and the main contacts folder when I'm addressing an email. A third one needs to be made accessible. How do I add that in? I went to TOOLS > SERVICES thinking that it might be through there, but I'm either doing something wrong, or that is not where I can do this. Is ...

Receiving Multiple Copies Of Certain Emails
I just switched from Pocomail to Outlook 2007, and find that certain emails (and only certain emails) are downloaded more than once. Specifically, this relates to auto-generated messages from my two blog accounts. I have a Blogger account and a LiveJournal account, both set up to notify me when comments are posted. I'm find I'm receiving four copies of the Blogger notification, and two copies of the LJ notification. This does not happen with emails from any other sender. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks. Hi Merk, have a look on this site : "Why does my Outlook keep r...

Adding external classes
I was checking out a project on www.thecodeproject.com last night called a FooButton. This morning I was doing some preliminary test prior to trying to incorporate this class into some projects I have coming up. I've added the appropriate .h and .cpp files to my project. The class appears in my class view but when I try to add a variable relating to button I placed in my test case it wouldn't show the FooButton control as being available either in the message maps or the member variables.. I installed the original demo project to see if it appeared there or if the source file was b...

Generating Multiple MS Reports
I have two tables in MS Access and would like to generate a master report separated on individual pages for eahc user. Table 1: PeopleID Fields: NameID, Last Name, First Name Table 2: Contributions Fields: NameID, Date, Amount I would like to be able to generate a report that would print a page for each NameID so they can use for tax purposes that shows their contributions to a fund. Any help on writing this query and report would be helpful. Thanks, michael_quackenbush@yahoo.com wrote: >I have two tables in MS Access and would like to generate a master >report separated ...

Multiple calendars, how to choose which one meetings go into
Hi I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting request how can i change which calendar the meeting goes into, at the moment they all go into what i guess is the default calendar which i want to change to a different one any ideas? thanks Chris You really can't change it. Outlook treats certain folders special. "Chris S" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message news:43cf7167$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > Hi > > I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting > request how can i change which calend...

the date value of series is incorrectly displayed
I'm drawing a 3d graph with 2 series of data. The graph is displayed as 2 separate rows of bars behind each other. In Excel 2007 the type is Colum in the first row to the far right. 1. series is a units of work. y -axis displayed in units of Thousands 2. series is a date when the units were done. x -axis. If I hover over the the date bar in the 2nd bar row I can see all the right values including the right date. the table is: 10000 1.11.2009 10000 3.11.2009 50000 10.11.2009 (in fact todate() function All the dates are displayed as 9.02.1900 if I try to dis...