Adding columns automatically based on worksheets

MVPs

In a workbook, I have initially 2 sheets.  Sheet1 contains
information about sheet2 which is reflected in Column B.
How can I automatically add a column (column C, D, etc..)
of information if I add another sheet3, Sheet4, etc..
Meaning, I want to be able to freely add sheet3, sheet4 and
in sheet1 columns would be automatically be created based
on these new sheets.
0
anonymous (74722)

Reports - Customization - Add new Columns
I have a few questions regarding customizing the active reports. For example, in detailed sales report, we want to add columns like Average Selling Price (ASP), Average Units Sold/Transaction etc. How do we go about it? What needs to be done? Any documentation available? Regards. ...

Insert pull-down menu in a worksheet
Hello - I am looking to see how I can insert a simple pull-down menu within a worksheet. I want the user to be able to pull down and select the value instead of typing it. Can this be done & how? I'm having no luck in 'help" or "functions". Thanks. Hi, First you need something to populate the drop-down. Put the values you want to use into a column someplace. In the Data menu choose Validation, then choose the List option. Select the range with the values and that should do it for you. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within ...

VB Scripting/Macro
Question: What VB code will allow me to rewrite just the worksheet reference in a function/cell reference. For example it says =January!$AH40 and I would like a macro that would change it to =February!$AH40 Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! :) Background: I have 12 cells in a row that each refer to the same cell location on twelve different worksheets within the same workbook. The fill function does not "fill" the worksheet reference. It is too time consuming to manually input or edit 2016 cells. Hi you may have a look at the INDIRECT function for this ...

Adding columns #4
I have a spreadsheet with values in column E an I want to add them to column F with the first f2=e2.So as I add a value to column E the value in F changes to sum all with the blank cell showing 0. ie Column E2 Column F2 $1000 $1000 $500 $1500 $0 Okay, so in F3, type: =if(isblank(E3),"",F2+E3) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "bbc1" <bbc1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9664CDDF-CC23-400A-AFCE-A8BA2974297C@microsoft.com... > I have a spreadsheet with values in c...

Numbering worksheets using Auto Fill
Is it possible to number worksheets using Auto Fill Method? Your assistance will be appreciated. If you're referring to the worksheet (tab) names, no. In article <2A39D5BC-631A-4DEF-BC8B-49083DFD5DE7@microsoft.com>, Dhaval <Dhaval@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to number worksheets using Auto Fill Method? > > Your assistance will be appreciated. Hi, What do you mean by Autofill? Could you just eloborate with some example. You can only rearrange worksheet tab in the workbook an then right click to the left corner of the Worksheet tab row ...

Adding a new line to an existing graph, using excel 2007
Hi: I would like instructions on how to add a new line to an existing graph (that already has 5 lines), using Excel 2007. The data is already in my spreadsheet. -- jim white EXCEL 2007 1. Right click in the graph. 2. Of the options that become displayed select:- Select Data . . . 3. Select Data Source window should launch. 4. Highlight the extended range of data you want to include in your graph (including the new data). 5. Hit OK. 6. The 6th line should get added to your graph. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "...

Adding currency fields together
I am attempting to add two currency fields together in an Access 2003 Form by inserting the following expression in the Control Source: =[1_Price] + [2_Price] Extraordinarily it strings the values together like $20$50. To check the methodology I replaced the + sign with -, * and / and each of these worked exactly as I would expect. I have exhausted all help facilities. For some reason the fields are being treated as if they were text fields and not number fields. Duane was attempting to determine if they were being treated as text. When displayed text fields align to the left, num...

Unmerging and populating merged cells by column
This group is the best thing since sliced bread. The people that help out here are the best, thank you! With help from this group I've been able to copy and paste data across multiple worksheets into a single sheet. This is huge progress for me, and I now have one hurdle left. Some of the cells in my combined data worksheet are merged. However, my users are going to want to create pivot tables from the data, and the merged cells affect the results. So what I *think* I want to do (and someone may have a better idea) is to: 1. Go column by column through the worksheet. 2. As it goes down...

To automatically give fiscal period/fiscal year
I need to put the current fiscal period and year into a cell. Our fiscal year starts in October, which is period 1, November is period 2, through to September which is period 12. As the fiscal year runs October - September, it is named after the year it mostly falls in, so for instance Dec 2005 is 3/2006 (period/fiscal year). Is there a way to automatically put the period and year in a cell (it is normally written in the form period/fiscal year - but this is not essential), by adapting the =TODAY() function or otherwise. Thanks. -- Turnipboy ----------------------------------------------...

Numbering for column
Hi, Good Day! I seldom used microsoft excel but sometimes i do used it for some simple calculation. When I just opened an excel spreadsheet, the numbering of column is in number format(1, 2, 3...) and not in alphabet format(A, B, C...) May I know how can i reset it back to alphabet? Thanks in advanced. rgds, Phoebe Tools|Options|General|Uncheck R1C1 Reference Style (this is picked up from the first workbook you open in that session. So make sure you save your workbook after the change--and make a note of how you fixed it. It can happen again if the first workbook opened has R1C1 refe...

Automatically Changing downloaded info
Money is changing the name of the business where I bought something as well as the budget account. This happens when I download my bank statement. The first time I downloaded I made a couple of mistakes in changing information and now Money repeats these each time I download. Is there a way to stop this feature? Only in Money 2003. There, it's the Payee Rules Manager Brian "Kip Thomson" <cthomson@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:018a01c3432d$9795ebc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Money is changing the name of the business where I bought > something as well as...

Adding attributes to nodes...

Initialization of SDI Doc/View interface from MFC-based dll
I am trying to create MFC-based dll that will present SDI Doc/View interface to the user. My question is at the end of this rather lengthy post. This dll will be called from Win32 application that is not MFC based (also, this app is written in C, not in C++). I created MFC-based dll project (called MFCDLL) using the Wizard. In this project I created following classes: CPrintingDoc (derived from CDocument) CPrintingView (derived from CView) CMainFrame (derived from CFrameWnd) I created an exported function in this dll: extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) int SomeFunction(int n) { ...

Adding and Multiplying Question
Hi, I have an inventory spreadsheet and I am trying to figure out how to add column "E" and column "F" then at the same time multiply column "D" to get a total in column "I". E F D I ie: 5+2*10=70 Then how do I apply this to every row (there are 260 rows) without typing the formula in for each row? Thank you, John The formula you want in column "I" is as follows Assuming you begin with row 1 and that the order of operations is as you have written: =E1+F1*D1 If you actually want to multiply the sum of columns E and F times c...

how to automate min and max on axis based on calculation
While automating some chart making with code, I am trying to automate the span of time reflected on the x-axis. Auto doesn't work because I need the beginning to be based on an October of a given year. Similarly I have requirements for the max. The appropriate min and max are calculated elsewhere, but I am not sure how to code it to accept the value from a cell. Any help would be much appreciated. TIA This has to be done programmatically. For a ready-made solution see AutoChart Manager http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/autochart/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www...

Adding a group of contacts as attendees to an appointment
Hi Is there a shortcut way to allow a group of contacts to be added as attendees to an appointment. The users of this CRM are frequently inviting the same group of contacts to an appointment and they would like an easy way of selecting the contacts without having to go through each contact one-by-one each time. Any possible solutions? TJ ...

Display report / summary based on data in two worksheets
Hi, I've uploaded the excel sheet at this location http://rapidshare.com/files/339230049/Test_SAMPLE.xls.html The first sheet has the list of features in column B. I2:W2 contain the Block# This is used to depict which features are being covered in which block. For eg. I5 and I6 show that Feature 1 and 2 are being covered in Block 1 In the second Sheet, Project Timeline, T8:T:19 show the iterations. each iteration can have one or more blocks within it. Based on the blocks selected for each iteration, the dates are calculated in column R "Bug Fix". I need ...

Export GAL to another AD forest?
Hi, We're in the process of migrating to a new SBS domain. We are not upgrading,.but are starting from scratch. We need to keep the Exchange Global Address Book, as it contains hundreds of Companies and Fax #s that we use. Is there a utility that can export from one domain to another? Thanks, LDIFDE or CSVDE will do just fine in this situation. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Mike Herchel" <sdf> wrote in message news:u1Fg1XAeFHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > We're in the process of migrating to a new SBS domain. We are not >...

running total column help
Hi All, rule: T-SQL prior to SQL2005 Given this: row, amt, run$ ---------------- 1,$15,NULL 2,$0,NULL 3,$10,NULL 4,$15,NULL Transform to this: row, amt, run$ ---------------- 1,15,$40 2,$0,$25 3,$10,$25 4,$15,$15 Basically, is there a way to populate the run$ col with a running total Thanks, rodchar Try: update m set [run$] = (select sum (m2.amt) from MyTable m2 where m2.[row] >= m.[row]) from MyTable m -- Tom ---------------------------------------------------- Thomas A. Moreau, BSc, PhD, MCSE, MCDBA, MCITP, MCTS SQL Server M...

Multiplying A Whole Column By 2 ??? Help
Hello, I recieve product stock list from my supplier in excell. 2 columns, A = products , B = prices I need a formula that will multiply all prices in column B by 2 so I can then easily forward stock list to my customers without revealing original values in column b. I have tried all the basic first thought ideas and none have worked. please provide help. thank you. joe@californiacichlids.com -- joesther37 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joesther37's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30031 View this threa...

change column inside DB
I have for example: [Table(Name="dbo.somedatabase")] public class License { [Column(IsPrimaryKey = true)] public int DeviceID { get; set; } [XmlIgnore] public string Name { get; set; } } Inside class License I keep data. I'm using Linq to inserting this data to database (SQL Server 2008). But I need to have mechanism like this: When I change name or type of property inside this class I need to change database table column before I insert data there. How to do this? ...

Perspective setting won't save in a 3-D column chart
I have a 3-D column chart that has the perspective setting as 20, the elevation as 24 degrees and the rotation as 198 degrees. I change the settings, close the dialog box and click save. Yet the perspective setting resets itself to 15 every time I open the file. I am using Excel 2007. Any suggestions? Thanks. Hi Kathi, I have been able to duplicate your problem, I suggest this is a bug, although there might be some reason for this behavior, I can't think of any. It's probably not worth it but I suppose you could attach a macro to the Open_Workbook event and reset it to...

opening Excel worksheet
I have a user that when he opens any of the worksheets in a particular file, the formatting is all messed up. He has excel 2002. When I open the same file, it looks fine. I have opened it in 2002 and 2003 and it seems fine. Yet, he can open other Excel worksheets in different files without the same problem. Any help would be appreicated. Thanks, I'm not sure what all messed up means. Is it the objects on the worksheet? Have they moved? Is it the fonts (characters in the cells)? Maybe it's a font problem--if you change the font to something else and save and have the pro...

Opening disk containing Excel worksheet
I saved an Excel worksheet to a disk in the a drive. Later I opened it to edited the material, then resaved it to the disk. When I tried to open it again, it would not open. I received an error message stating that "The file may be read-only or you may be trying to access a read- only location." Other files on the disk do open. How can I either open the file, or at least access the contents so that I can have it retyped? I find the following thread to be fairly comprehensive. http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&...

Column additions query
I have 2 columns of numbers. There are no 'zeros' in Col 1 - all are greater than zero. Some of the numbers in Col 2 are zero but most are greater than zero. I want to be able to add all the numbers in column #2 that are greater than zero and then divide that number by all the numbers in Column #1 that coincide only with those numbers in Col 2 that are greater than zero. In other words I do not want to include any numbers in the Col 1 addition that are on the same row as the 'zeros' in Col 2. regards PeterH You could use two SumIf's. Something similar to: =SUMIF(...