add row

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet that has 250 rows, I have to add a blank row after
every fifth row, is there a formula to apply to my spreadsheet.  Manually is
quite a hassle.

Thank you, all
--
smile
0

Sub addrowevery5()
counter = 6
Do Until Cells(counter, "a") = ""
Rows(counter).Insert
counter = counter + 6
Loop
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"israel" <israel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a spreadsheet that has 250 rows, I have to add a blank row after
> every fifth row, is there a formula to apply to my spreadsheet.  Manually
> is
> quite a hassle.
>
> Thank you, all
> --
> smile

0
dguillett1 (2487)
1/20/2009 6:10:41 PM
Sorry to bother, can you be more specific how to execute the formula, I'm a
bit confused.

Thank you again
--
smile

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> Sub addrowevery5()
> counter = 6
> Do Until Cells(counter, "a") = ""
> Rows(counter).Insert
> counter = counter + 6
> Loop
> End Sub
>

> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "israel" <israel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a spreadsheet that has 250 rows, I have to add a blank row after
> > every fifth row, is there a formula to apply to my spreadsheet.  Manually
> > is
> > quite a hassle.
> >
> > Thank you, all
> > --
> > smile

0
israel (30)
1/20/2009 7:28:01 PM
Formulas can not do anything except return a value. This is not a formula.
It is a macro

--
> Sorry to bother, can you be more specific how to execute the formula, I'm
> bit confused.
>
> Thank you again
> --
> smile
>

> "Don Guillett" wrote:
>
>> Sub addrowevery5()
>> counter = 6
>> Do Until Cells(counter, "a") = ""
>> Rows(counter).Insert
>> counter = counter + 6
>> Loop
>> End Sub
>>

>> --
>> Don Guillett
>> Microsoft MVP Excel
>> SalesAid Software
>> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>> "israel" <israel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I have a spreadsheet that has 250 rows, I have to add a blank row after
>> > every fifth row, is there a formula to apply to my spreadsheet.
>> > Manually
>> > is
>> > quite a hassle.
>> >
>> > Thank you, all
>> > --
>> > smile

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Changing rows by Columns
Hi, I have a query. I need to show the result of this query changing rows by columns in the table of my report. How I can to make it in SSRS 2005? Best regards and thanks!! Julio I would T-SQL , a new PIVOT command does that "julito" <julito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79F47EB-504E-494B-AA4F-EFEEFF510A8D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a query. I need to show the result of this query changing rows by > columns in the table of my report. > > How I can to make it in SSRS 2005? > > Best regards and thank...

How do I add numbers in visible cells using Excel 97
I need to add values in visible cells using Excel 97 using a formula instead of adding values of each cell individually. Thank You John Kennedy If you mean your data is filtered, check out the SUBTOTAL function -- eg: =SUBTOTAL(9,B:B) Rgds, Andy -- Support Boris - visit http://www.ncadc.org.uk/letters/newszine36/boris.html If you are hidding the rows using a filter, then look in help at the Subtotal worksheet function. Other than that, there is no built in function that ignores hidden cells. Perhaps there is a cell value condition you can check - so you could use Sumif, use the c...

How to delete rows automatically with values zero out?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows. Many of them were entered at the beginning and then were reversed out. I got this spreadsheet from our ERP system. It is just like this: Part# Quantity Value 013-001 1 $1.00 013-001 -1 $1.00- 013-002 5 $25.00 013-007 3 $120.00 013-007 -3 $120.00- 022-001 12 $17.00 041-009 7 $251.00 041-009 -7 $251.00- 052-061 10 $30.00 How can I delete those rows autometically with the quantity were zero out. I don't want them show up on my spr...

add cell
i have a long list all in one column. the data in the first fifteen ( thrue 15) is related and must be kept in sequence. the first fiftee cells repeats with changes in its data for the next fifteen (16 thru 30) and also must be kept in sequence. this repeats over and over for list of about 4000 cells. what i need to do is this: i need to insert an empt cell betwwn each group of fifteen cells.-to seperate them. between 15 & 16, 30 & 31 etc without disturbing the continuity of each 15 cel grouping.. thankyou so much -- ROL ---------------------------------------------------...

Help needed to add commets, arrows, etc to existing graph...
I am wanting to add comments and arrows (that look proper) and fill i the area between two lines on a line graph i have created in excel. Ca someone please guide me on how this may be done... I was thinking: i. there may be a way to do it in excel that i am not aware of, ii. there may be another charting program which will draw the chart with all the frills from data exported from excel, iii. there may be another program that allows me to add stuff t already created excel charts, iv. something else. My aim is to export these graphs to word - they will form part of report i am writting. An...

Add-ons and verticals
Hello CRM guru's, We publish a website on which we try to give an overview of all add- ons and verticals that are available for Microsoft CRM. We do have over 100 add-ons listed, but only a few verticals. Do you have any vertical that you want to share with the CRM community? Don't hesitate and post them on www.pimpmycrm.com via the comment form or via the emailadres that is listed there. This is a free website, so you have nothing to lose. Of course, if you are looking for extra functions, add-ons or verticals, you can also find them there. I have few, can you listed that on your si...

add wave file to avi file
Can any one give me a working example on how to add a .wav file to a .avi file. I used http://www.wischik.com/lu/programmer/avi_utils.html#code I did get the .avi file working. but when I try to AddAviWav(avi,"wav.wav",SND_FILENAME); it is not working at all. I also tried the code at http://www.codeguru.com/mfc/comments/54222.shtml and code at http://www.codeguru.com/mfc/comments/38536.shtml It is not workine either. Is the play time of the .avi has to be the same as the .wav file? Thanks for help. Jim ...

How to add a new domain to Exchange 2003?
Hey everyone, We are running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Our email domain is "mycompany.com". We would like to tell Exchange also except email for domain "newdomain.com". How do I add that at the Exchange level? I now about DNS, MX records and all of that. We don't need all of that, we are just running a test. Thanks for any and all help. Clayton Recipient Policy http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268838 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Clayton Sutton" <n...

Outlook 2002: can't add new contacts, or new calendar entries
Hi; I've been struggling to get Outlook 2002 to add new contacts. They are created, but the name won't appear. Also when I try to add an event to the calendar, nothing appears. I have had these problems since Outlook 2000, which was the main reason I upgraded to Office XP Pro. But it hasn't solved the problem. I also find I can't get the auto archive to work properly, it often stops. I can't manually drag/move older emails to the archive folders, only newer ones. I've run the SCANPST program a few times, no errors. I've been trying to reduce the siz...

Adjacent Cell to Last Cell in a Row
I am creating two columns where data is continually added. In one column I have units either lbs or kgs listed. In the second column I have a price. I want to create a formula that will pick the last entry in the units column and depending on whether it was lbs or kgs multiply the number in the cell beside it in a further calculation lbs 3.34 kg 5.67 kg 4.50 lb 8.94 lbs 8.94 kg 5.82 lbs 4.33 lb 6.22 lbs 2.68 kg 7.48 In this case in the first example the formula...

Pasting in Rows?
Hi. Would anyone be so kind as to enlighten me about a simple pastin procedure in excel? I have a list (which I copied from a vertica column) that I want to paste into a horizontal row in Excel. I jus don�t see an option for this and the data gets put in vertically. Ther are hundreds of cells to paste so I�m hopeful that someone with mor experience can shed some light on the situation. I had the same proble with Access. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer -- FattyLumpki ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FattyLumpkin's Profile: http://www.e...

Link Rows Between Worksheets
Hi- I am trying to link rows (that are infinitely long in terms of data) between two different worksheets so that I dont have to retype all of the data. (I want them to be active links, so that if the data changes, it will automatically update). Is there a way to do this? (The first worksheet is a master that has a whole lot of information, and I would like the other worksheets to reference rows from the original...) Thank you very very much.. In the other sheets you will have to set then up eg: in sheet2 select the cell you want then type an equals sign = got to master sheet and se...

Pressing Enter to skip rows
We have a pro-forma in Excel for clients. Anyway, the cells where the enter information from a drop-down list are three rows apart, goin down the page. Is there anyway for the client to press Enter just once and go thre rows down rather than pressing enter three times? I am aware that if the sheet is locked with the particular input cell unlocked then Tab will take you to the next box however, we need Ente to do the same. I imagine a macro could achieve this. Thanks in advance D -- DoctorWar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DoctorWard's Profile...

Get External Data
I have a 2 column table which is likely to change length whenever the Refresh Data menu option is selected. The table links to another software package (SAGE). I don't have formulae in adjacent columns so my problem can not be solved by checking the "Fill Down formulas in columns adjacent to data" box. I do, however, have text in adjacent columns (which the user selects from an in-cell drop down list) which I need to remain aligned with the relevant row. The "insert entire rows for new data ..." option does not appear to do what it says! It only inserts rows in the...

Inserting rows into sheet that contains a formula
I have a typical financial sheet where the columns sum (sum(a5:a15)) and the rows sum (sum(a5:h5)). The summation columns are locked and the sheet protected. Is there a technique whereby I can have the user insert a row which will keep the formats and row sum as well as changing the formula in the column sums? Thanks. Rick Hi Rick, The following method is not foolproof but generally it works OK. Insert a blank row between the bottom of data to be summed and the row with the sum formulas. Include the blank row in the sum formula. Protect the blank row along with the formulas and what...

add-in
When logging onto Outlook the following message show up: "The add-in 'C:\pavfn\exch\PavExCli.dll' could not be installed or loaded. THis problem may be resolved by using detect&repair on the Help menu. Unable to load c:\pavfn\exch\\pavExCli.dll. You may be out of memory, out of system resources, or missing a .dll file." I have done all of the things mentioned and am certainly not out of memory or system resources. I have asked this question before many months ago and had to cancel something. Just do not have the message that was sent to me. I have deleted ...

Modal popup with gridview row detail
Hi! I've show many example but I don't know how to apply solutions to my code: I've a gridview with a list of records, I'd like using a detail button, open an ajax modal popup with the detail (for update) of the row selected <asp:GridView ID="gvElencoAttivita" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="Id" onrowdatabound="gvElencoAttivita_RowDataBound" ShowFooter="true" AllowSorting="True" CellPadding="8" GridLines="Vertical"> <Columns> ...

Counting rows of blanks across certain columns
I have a survey whose answers were recorded in Excel. The answers for a particular question extend from Q6 to Z505. I need to count the people who did not answer the question (that is, the people, entered in rows 6 to 505 that left columns Q through Z blank). I'm not sure how to do this. Can someone offer a suggestion? Hi You can use a formula like this in Column AA =IF(COUNTA(Q6:Z6)=0,1,"") copy down till AA505 You can use a simple Sum formula now to count the empty ones =SUM(AA6:AA505) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "crossingboston" <...

Alternate row colouring that also works when sheet is filtered?
I usually use the common conditional formatting code to produce alternate row colouring: =MOD(ROW(),2)=0 This doesn't work when the sheet is filtered. i.e., in a worksheet where we filter by a YES/NO column so that just the YES rows show up, the row colouring is no longer alternating. It retains the colour from its pre-filtered state so that we gets clumps of colour together. No good. How can we get alternate row colouring even on filtered worksheets, pls? =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 09:33:34 -0700 (PDT), StargateFanNotAtHome@mailin...

Adding sums in rows and columns and colouring cells with conditions
Hi all, I have a long table where i need to add and colour individual cells based on 'days home' and 'days away'. The table is uploaded here https://www.yousendit.com/download/MnFqaUNBUzhoMlYzZUE9PQ In order to automate some of this i'd like to automate some, but preferably all aspects of this, such as: 1. automatically colour the cell orange for "home" and yellow for "away" 2. add separately in the home and away columns the number of days for each 3. add the rows for the alternate lines (ie days only, rates only) I want to do this without yet another...

Excel Spreadsheets
Can someone help? This is the first time I have asked for help. I am new to Excel and have just developed a spreadsheet that adds up several columns for me. I have, it seems, applied the correct formula to work out different percentages in several columns for me. I am quite pleased with myself. I had to delete several rows from the spreadsheet but I selected "Hide" instead of "delete" on the rows that I wanted to remove! I realise now that the text has been hidden away but the total still includes the figures in that row! How can I reveal the rows that I have hi...

Add a number based on list of criteria ??
Example: Cell A = 50, Cell B = 96%, Cell C = Cell A + (Cell A x Cell B) = 98 I want to be able to compare the list of criteria and add a number to Cell C accordingly For example: If Cell B is between 95 and 100%, Add 1 to the total in Cell C If between 85 and 94%, add 2... etc. There are more than 7 so I know I can't simply nest If statements... Any advice on how I could fairly simply accomplish this? TIA! One way: Put your % bands in a table (say in J1:Kx, e.g.: J K 1 0 11 2 5% 10 3 15% 9 .... 10 85% 2 11 ...

Inserting New rows into IV00108 Table
I am trying to insert new rows of data into the Iv0018 table I have another table in SQL with tthe data but when i use DTS to append this data it will not let me because of a null value being inserted in the DEX_row_Id column. Is there a SQL script that will allow me to apend this data to this table since the part numbers already exisits this is another pricelevel i am adding. This is SQL 2000 and GP 9.0. Thank you Ken DEX_ROW_ID is an identity column so it will auto populate. In DTS do not map a value for DEx_Row_ID (ignore it) "kfoster@pfeinc.com" <kfosterpfeinccom@disc...

Macro to delete rows 03-17-10
I'd appreciate some help in creating a macro to delete rows. Here's what I need: 1) Delete rows 1-13 2) Then find all rows that are highlited blue and delete them 3) Then find all rows that include the text "Distr" and delete them Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Tell us how the rows came to be blue... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "JeffF" <JeffF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:863D165C-D100-42E5-9294-3569F1829DF0@microsoft.com... > I'd appreciate some help in creating a...

Row amd column heading
I have received one excel file in which rows number (1,2...) and column name (A,B,...) are in some big font 18, or maybe more. I couldn't find option to make them standard. Thanks in advance, Emilija Hi Emilija, On you toolbar you should have a font box and next to it is the size of the font. Select the row and change the fontsize to 10 for instance. Help, Answer Wizard Change font size From the topics show, select the topic that matches "Change the font or font size" --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http...