Add identical $ amount to group of cells

I have imported price lists (via OmniPage)into Excel. We
would like to add a set dollar amount (our profit) to
each of the cells. (ie. Add $500 to each cell). Can we do
this globally?

Thank you very much in advance,
Eric
0
anonymous (74722)

Enter 500 into an empty cell, right click it, Copy
Highlight all the cells you want to add 500 to,
Right click them, Paste Special, Check Add, OK
Delete the cell containing 500,
Regards,

"Eric W" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have imported price lists (via OmniPage)into Excel. We
> would like to add a set dollar amount (our profit) to
> each of the cells. (ie. Add $500 to each cell). Can we do
> this globally?
>
> Thank you very much in advance,
> Eric

0
alan111 (581)
4/7/2004 8:40:53 PM
Eric,

Enter 500 in any cell. Copy the cell and select the cells to be added =
to. Do Edit>Paste Special, click Add, then OK and you're done.

HTH
Anders Silven

"Eric W" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet =
> I have imported price lists (via OmniPage)into Excel. We=20
> would like to add a set dollar amount (our profit) to=20
> each of the cells. (ie. Add $500 to each cell). Can we do=20
> this globally?
>=20
> Thank you very much in advance,
> Eric
Surely you can; select the cell containing your $500, copy it (CTRL C).

Select the range of cells you wish to add $500 to, then go to edit>paste
special>add then OK.

If you want to do this with multiple worksheets, you can group them (by
holding CTRL and clikcing on each one) then do the same, as long as you
always want to add to the same group of cells in each worksheet.

"Eric W" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have imported price lists (via OmniPage)into Excel. We
> would like to add a set dollar amount (our profit) to
> each of the cells. (ie. Add $500 to each cell). Can we do
> this globally?
>
> Thank you very much in advance,
> Eric

0
daverx (100)

How do I compare data in two worksheets to find matching cells?
Each day I work with two worksheets. One is a list of numbers that is given to me by someone else. The other list is something I make myself, again it is a list of numbers. I need to know if there is a way I can compare the data to find out if any of the numbers I input on my list match up to the ones on the list I am given. I am aware of the "Find" function, but I'm working with lists of hundreds of numbers, and it's really annoying to take each one and "find" it on another worksheet. Any answers? Hi Gary, See Chip Pearson's Tagging Duplicates page. In ...

What is a cell mark and what does it look like?
I was working with cells while editing and I need to know what a cell mark is and/or looks like to continue. I am working with Office 2000 Professional. Hi Kira, I am not sure what is this "cell mark" could it be a add comment to a cell? or you just a cell address which refer to A1 - A stands for column and 1 stands for row usually when you select any cell in excel it indicates where you are? Goto pulldown menu option you will see Row & Column Headers see where your cursor lands. "Kira" wrote: > I was working with cells while editing and I need to know wha...

Is it OK to assign permissions to a group during ForestPrep of an E2K3 upgrade?
Hello, We're about to start an upgrade from E2K to E2K3. During the E2K3 ForestPrep, we want to select a newly-created group to assign Exchange full admin permissions to instead of an individual user; however, during our previous E2K ForestPrep a few years ago, we only selected an individual user. Could there be any conflicts in now giving Exchange admin permissions to a new group instead of the same individual user as before? Sorry if it appears to be a silly question but I'm paranoid. Thanks, - Alan. On 27 Oct 2006 05:35:52 -0700, "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wro...

comparing cells in one column to another
I have a column on a spreadsheet and an array of strings. I need to look at the first cell on the spreadsheet and find a matching value in the array of strings. This is how I am doing that With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(Tracker).Range("Order_Number_Header") For E = 0 To Total_Rows_On_Spreadsheet - 1 For F = 0 To Total_Elements_In_Array - 1 If .Offset(E, 0) = FTS_Order_Number(F) Then msgbox"I Have a Match end if next F next E end with Nothing is matching and I know there are some matches. When I display the value in the fields I see "12345678" for both fields. The f...

How do I add or insert holidays into a Word or Publisher Calendar
How do I insert Holidays into a Publisher or Word Calendar? I've always wondered about this myself. Good question. Each cell can be typed into. What problem are you having? If the cell is small, reduce your font size. You can insert images into the cells. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "What''s Mom''s Age? Born 7/11/38" <WhatsMomsAgeBorn71138@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2A41B0F-3153-4133-B518-F0A198BE624A@microsoft.com... > How do I insert Holidays into a...

Hiding Exchange 2003 user's group membership in Outlook 2003
When a user X sends an email to user Y, user Y can find out all groups user X belongs to (both Security & Distribution Groups and those Groups' members) by simply double clicking on the sender's name in Outlook 2003. This could be serious a security issue in some deployments. Is there a way to hide the groups a user belongs to? I can hide the members of Distribution Groups (user X is a member of) from user Y, by configuring "Hide membership" of those Groups using Exchange Tasks option with AD-Users/Groups tool. However, I cannot hide the members of Security Groups (...

Metadata add in for email?
Is there a way to add metadata from a table to an outgoing email? Such as a customers company code, company name. ...

How to Add OnClick Message for a dynamic control
Hi Group If i had included a static control via resource , i would need to add the OnClick message handler via Class Wizard. So when the user clicks that control the OnClick function would be called. But if i had created the control dynamically during runtime, how can i add such message handler. Regards >If i had included a static control via resource , i would need to add the >OnClick message handler via Class Wizard. So when the user clicks that >control the OnClick function would be called. > >But if i had created the control dynamically during runtime, how can i a...

How can I add transaction while using the online version of money
Ok... when I first bought Money several years ago and installed it on my home computer, I could then login while at work via the passport and see the information that I had entered on my home computer. If I purchased something during the day I could go online and add the transaction which was great way to know at any given moment what my TRUE balance was in my account. Now when I check my Money account online from work I can see all the information I've entered at home but now there is no way to add a new transaction other then from my home computer where I have Money installed. ...

How to change existing table record value by VBA and How to add new record in existing table by VBA
Hi all, I got table in my database with name "tbldata" and i have two fields in that table with the name "Ticket_No" and "Amount". In "Ticket_No" filed column i have value "SD001" and in same row of "Amount" column i have figure "50". With VBA how can i lookup for value "SD001" in "Ticket_No" field and change figure "50" to "30" which is appearing in same row of "Amount" column field. My other question is that how can i add new record in same table with VBA. I want...

Cells losing formatting
This is driving me nuts! I use excel 2000. From time to time certain cells (usually blocks of cells or an entir row) containing numerical data lose all formatting. Excel no longe recognizes the data as numbers and will not sort them etc. Selectin the cell(s) and changing the formatting has no effect. Copying, the "paste special / values" only works sometimes. Manually retyping th data over the old usually works but I am dealing with a spreadshee with about 1000 records. I just had this happen with a row containing date / time stamps. Each cell has an entry like "7/26/04 9:5...

Mass change of same cell in multiple files??????
I have about 180 files that are price pages from a company we sell products from. The same cell in every file, Sheet 1 P1 is a factor that is used in formulas through out the files. I guess I am wondering if there are 1 of 2 solutions. 1) Can I mass change that P1 cell in all 180 files to be a different number instead of 1.0? or 2) Can I mass change any reference to that cell in any sheet to point to one cell that we can change anytime and only do 1 update for all 180 files? Thanks in advance Hi Jim You can do this with a macro http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm You can use a form...

Hide "Grouped" Controls
Hi Folks - I have 15 controls (labels, text boxes and lines) that I would like to hide for a certain set of criteria. I know I can set each control's visible property to false, but I'm wondering if there is a way to 'group' the controls together, then just hide the group. Any ideas? Thanks. Michael You can use the TAG property and give each of the controls you want to show/hide the same tag. Then you can loop through the controls, check the tag value and show or hide that way. 'UNTESTED AIRCODE (with no error handling) Private Sub sShowStuff(Optional tfShow as ...

SUMMARIZING DATA BASED ON DATES GROUPED IN WEEKS
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6ED3C.00C7C2B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello! 1) The RAW DATA SHEET is where I maintain a cash receipt register in a = list form on a daily basis. Any date may have multiple entries due to = different customer payment. 2) The SUMMARY SHEET shows how I want to summarize the data contained in = RAW DATA SHEET. Basically the summary sheet is summing based on the date = grouped in weeks. =20 RAW DATA SHEET DATE DAY CUSTOMER AMOUNT=20 ...

expanding on sumproduct command to add all cases
Thanks to Roger Govier and Paul for previous help! This is a restart of an older thread... I want to expand on the formula below to add together all the instances of "D", "E", and "N" in the range B12:B376, can anyone offer help with doctoring the formula =SUMPRODUCT(--(B12:B376="D")*(A12:A376<=Today())) to do this??? See below for original thread Thanks again, Alan PART 1 I am working on a scheduling system in Excel 2002. In cells A12: A376 I have the dates from 1/1/2004 > 12/31/2004 and in column B12:B376 the characters can be "D"...

Navigating to Referenced Cell
I run Excel 2002 with SP-2. I finally discovered how to move to a referenced cell ( Control +[ ). I saw somebody else do it with a simple double click of a cell that had a reference in it. Mine, however, doesn't work that way (is there a way to make the double click method work?). The real question is this: After I get to a referenced cell with Control +[ is there a way to QUICKLY get back to where I started? Jeannine I'm surprised you didn't try the obvious: <Ctrl> <]> BTW, double click should work if you; <Tools> <Options> *UNCHECK* "Edit Di...

Grouping Calculations
I’ve created a report in which invoices are grouped by vendor and then by service period. I’ve calculated the total invoice amount. But I also need to calculate the average invoice amount per service period. The problem I’m having is that there aren’t the same number of service period by month groupings per vendor. Please help. Jen wrote: >I�ve created a report in which invoices are grouped by vendor and then by >service period. I�ve calculated the total invoice amount. But I also need >to calculate the average invoice amount per service period. The problem I�m >hav...

Importing from Windows Mail: lost my contact groups
Is there anyway to get my contact groups back? I imported from Windows Mail in Vista to Outlook 07. All my addresses are fine, but I don't have my contact groups. No, contact groups are not exportable. You'll need to make the groups in Outlook (where they are called distribution lists). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mai...

Extracting text from cells
Can anyone suggest a formula to use to extract certain text from a cell? The text may be found anywhere in a single cell, it may vary in length and not always preceded by punctuation, however, it will always be preceded by a "M0" or "P0" . Here's an example: CCN 02/04/04, PAID 05/28/03, M02-10708, BOX AE-3912, DD 01/31/08. The task is to extract just the text, "M02-10708". -- AusTexRich Hi: Use the text function FIND in conjunction with LEFT, RIGHT or MID functions to extract it. However, this might prove to be difficult since you say that what you...

Money 2001 Auto adds of payees
How do I stop Money 2001 from automatically adding the payees of a downloaded credit card file? It DOES ask me whether I want to add names in a normal check book... ...

i want to set conditional format to cells containing odd numbers
i want to set conditional format to cells containing odd numbers 1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:A10). Please note that the cell reference A1 mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell will have a white background even after selection 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula =MOD(A1,2) 4. Click Format Button>Pattern and select your color (say Red) 5. Hit OK PS: If you are using XL2007 Goto Home tab>Styles>Conditional Formatting>Manage rules>New...

Help! Need to add/delete email users
We are a nonprofit in a sticky situation - our old consultants are terrible and we are replacing them next week, but in the meantime I have a new assistant starting on Monday and need to get rid of the old assistant's email/login and set her up. I am the most skilled at computers in our office unfortunately, and am in the network room (luckily it is logged on) but have no idea where to find a place to change it or how to change it. I am guessing its not too difficult if I'm pointed in the right direction. We can't have the original consultants come in to do this so any...

transpose 3d cells to a column in single workbook
I would like to extract 3d cells from a set of worksheets into a single column on another worksheet within the same workbook. How can I do this? Insert a worksheet named Summary, then select the 3D range, and run the macro below. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub TryNow() Dim mySht As Worksheet Dim dataSht As Worksheet Dim myRange As Range Dim myCell As Range Set dataSht = Worksheets("Summary") Set myRange = Selection For Each mySht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets For Each myCell In mySht.Range(myRange.Address) dataSht.Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2).Value = _ myCell.Value N...

Possible to "rotate" range of cells so columns are rows and vice versa?
Is it possible to select a rectangular range of cells and then generate a copied range of cells that is a rotation of the first range, where the columns are the rows, and vice versa? Maybe copy, then paste special and select transpose Regards, Peo Sjoblom davidmichaelkarr@gmail.com wrote: > Is it possible to select a rectangular range of cells and then generate > a copied range of cells that is a rotation of the first range, where > the columns are the rows, and vice versa? > Never mind, I discovered "Paste Special" and "Transpose". ...

Add-ins not loading when opening MS Access 2007 a second time
I have some add-ins that are used with an MS Access 2007 .accdb application. When I open the .accdb file --the first time-- (after logging into the PC), the add-ins initialize successfully. If I then close MS Access 2007, the second (and subsequent) time(s) I open MS Access, the add-ins do NOT initialize. They will load, however, if the user clicks on the MS Office Button > Access Options > Add-ins > "Manage: COM Add-ins" > [Go...] > [OK] (Or [Cancel]) 1. Is this a bug? Is this expected? 2. Is there some way (with VBA code) to force the Add-ins to init...