Add day of week to data from external report (html)

I have a spreadsheet which lists a date and time as 1/02/2007 8:31:36
AM. I would like to be able to add the day of the week for the date in
column A. It would be preferred to have the day appear directly in the
column but would be acceptable to add a column for it.

--
Gerry St

As long as you have that date and time in a cell
as an Excel   datetime then it is simply a matter
of formatting in Excel,     Format (menu), cells, custom
    ddd mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm

--

---
HTH,

David McRitchie Wrote:
> As long as you have that date and time in a cell
> as an Excel   datetime then it is simply a matter
> of formatting in Excel,     Format (menu), cells, custom
> ddd mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm
>
> --
>
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>
> "Gerry St" <Gerry.St.2lm018@news.excelbanter.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I have a spreadsheet which lists a date and time as 1/02/2007
> 8:31:36
> > AM. I would like to be able to add the day of the week for the date
> in
> > column A. It would be preferred to have the day appear directly in
> the
> > column but would be acceptable to add a column for it.
> >

> > --
> > Gerry St-
David M,
Thanks for your help. I'll give it a try.
Gerry St

--
Gerry St

sort column data with hidden columns
I want to sort on a column of data (card #) where my worksheet has hidden columns. I read in help that I should unhide the columns, but I am trying to avoid that because it is a corporate worksheet and I have to copy/paste data into it each month. Is there any other way that I can accomplish a sort with hidden columns? I have zero experience with macros...would a macro be able to sort data with hidden columns in it? HELP! I'm trying to find a way to save hundreds of hours/year in gas receipt reconciliations... Hi 'nan'- As long as your data is arranged in consecutiv...

Distinct count for each day
Hi Groupies I know that there are a number of posts regarding Distinct Count on the net but I just can not make mine work. I have tblDailyBoxes that keeps track of who planted which flowers from which box. I need to count the number of different planters each day and show the date and the count in the result. I have figured out the SQL to show just the total number of different planters for the entire table with: SELECT Count(tblDailyBoxes.lngEmpID) AS PlanterCount FROM [SELECT DISTINCT lngEmpId FROM tblDailyBoxes]. AS TEST; However, I can not get my head around the syn...

Rite Label
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C4B449.8A793CB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everyone, =20 We have been receiving a lot of product improvement suggestions and = requests from customers with our Rite Label program and I wanted to = announce we have just released a newer version that incorporates the = most requested features. =20 For those of you that don't know what Rite Label is or want to test out = the new version, you can download it at = www.rite.us/custom/ritel...

Add page breaks after a certain number of cells in a column meet a condition
Hi I'm trying to insert a page break after a certain number (26) of cells, with length >=21, is exceeded I've grabbed snippets of code from here and there but can't get it to work. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Ritchi Sub InsertPageBreak() 'insert a page break after the count of cells in column 1 with a defined length (>=21 by default) is exceeded (26 is the default count to trigger a page insert) Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveSheet.Activate Dim CountOfItems As Long CountOfItems = 0 Call PageBreaksHorizontalRemove lr = Ce...

Linking Data Labels to Cells
I found instructions from Microsoft on how to link chart data labels to worksheet cells. They say to select the series you want to format, select the "Format" menu, then "Selected Data Series" and then the "Data Labels" tab. Then it says to select the "Automatic text" check box. The problem is I don't see an "Automatic Text" check box anywhere on the data labels tab. Does anyone know how to do this? right-click in the chart select "source data" in the "name" box, select the cell that has the name of the da...

Add Third Party DLL to BSP. Dirs file. Bib file. @CESYSGEN
This is probably a long way to a short question/answer CE 6.0 R3. The install is correct. I am adding a Third Party Drive Driver to a BSP. I have created the appropiate Subproject in the BSP Added the ThirdParty.dll,ThirdPart.res and ThirdParty.reg I have created an appropiate Sources file which creates a dummylib along with a WINCETARGETFILES = BinaryCopy I have created an appropiate makefile.inc wich contains the BinaryCopy which moves the .dll and .rel to the release and target directories. I have added the ThirdParty as a catalog Item. Modules: ThirdParty.dll Sysgen Var...

Organizing data #2
Sorry, the list didn't appear correctly, the list looks like this 2 23 27 ... 1 11 3 -- sams ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samsg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27763 See your other post "samsg" wrote: > > Sorry, the list didn't appear correctly, the list looks like this > > 2 > 23 > 27 > ... > 1 > 11 > 34 > > > -- > samsg > -------------------------------...

neep help,CSV,import data
My problem is the following: - I have this contacts in my outlook personal folders - I've installed MS CRM - Now I want to add these contacts to the CRM server - I exported them from outlook2003 as CSV file - Then I imported them to MS CRM using the import wizard - While importing the Arabic names appears as unreadable characters - Any ideas……..plz..... ...

Append new data to existing XML for output?
I'm sure there's a very weasy way to do this, I've been running hard and fast on several things at once and just may be at the point of overthinking this... I receive an incoming XML document via a string feed within a web service: <Root> <Product> <File>Order</File> <Origin>OregonOffice</Origin> <Details Name="Product" Value="Binder" /> <Details Name="Qty" Value="1" /> </Product> </Root> I need to modify the outgoing XML to read the status of an approval check...

data validation errors messages
I've created a datasheet that will be used in conjuction with th PivotTable function of Excel 2002. Knowing that data inconsistency i can be troublesome, I've added Data Validation wherever I can in th data sheet. The first column's validation requires exactly an 11 digi entry and a STOP error message if anything more or less appears. I works as intended. However, there are a half dozen other columns that use a Lis validation and also have the STOP error message if invalid data i entered. The problem is that the error message *does not* appear i invalid data is entered. Th...

Stored procedures/automated reports
I want to automate reports (run stored procedures) in Access so they can be e-mailed to specific managers on a weekly basis. I'm pretty good with GUIs and Wizards, but might not understand really technical explanations, so please help me along. Thx mb You might start by posting details, including your Office version, in an = Access programming forum. This newsgroup is for general usage issues = related to Microsoft Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programm...

Returning a value if data is in a large list
I think you use a IF function but I am not sure. I have two large lists of numbers. The lists are in columns A and C with columns B and D blank. In B, I want to insert an "X" if the number in column A next to it is somewhere in column C. I tried =IF(A2=C:C,"X","") and =IF(A2=C2;C1000,"X","") but they do not work. Is there a way I can do this? One way: =IF(COUNTIF(C:C,A1)>0,"x","") Another way: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,C:C,0)),"x","") I like the second way. It'll be faster for larger lists ...

Pivot table
The item i want in my data field is text (words). I do not want a count or a sum of this data. Is there any way to see text data in a pivot table? It is possible to show text fields as first, second, third... item in Rows or Columns. I never had them in Data section. -- Topola Not in the data fields--they're numeric summaries. You can put them in the row/column or page field, though. pum75 wrote: > > The item i want in my data field is text (words). I do not want a count or a > sum of this data. Is there any way to see text data in a pivot table? -- Dave Peterson ...

Actual work reported by resources in PWA gets overwritten
We are using PS 2007, resources submitting actual work via PWA "My Task". PM accepts changes. In some cases we have noticed that actual has been overwritten by numbers with lots of decimals (looks like some sort of automatic leveling). In the approval history I still see original figures. In admin we have settings protecting actual work. Where can this be coming from and how to get correct numbers back? Thanks in advance Vera This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060607060308000306050003 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed Co...

vlookup with two data in a single cell
I have two sheets in my Excel 2007 spreadsheet---Sheet 2 is a list of all courses with several columns, but two in particular (Column 1 is COURSE ID and Column 2 is COURSE TITLE) and Sheet 4 is a list of textbooks that all courses use with two columns in particular (Column AA lists the COURSE IDs that use a particular textbook and Column AB that shows the COURSE TITLE using vlookup on Sheet 2). Sheet 2: Column A: Course ID Column B: Course TItle Sheet 4: Column AA: Course ID (entered manually or pasted link from Sheet 2 Column A) Column AB: Course Title (auto displayed usin...

Need to add up some cells in an certain way
In my worksheet, I want to look for a Value in Column L and then look at the Value in Column I on the same Row and add these "Column I" values together and put the result in a Cell on another page(Sheet2 C3). Can anyone help with a formula. Thanks.............. ...

Pivot data
I have my pivot table shown my data as % of row but I would also like to see the number can I do this? What I would like to show is on my pivot stacked column chart I want the y axis showing the actual numbers and the columns showing the difference in % for that column ...

Back ordered items report
2007 Jun 19 I have the purchasing analysis options window open. I am trying to print the back ordered items received. Item numbers have been entered in the restriction field but the report is blank. The items have been set up in inventory to allow backorders. Any ideas or solutions Thanks, Jacqueline Chay This perhaps is a dumb question but you left it unanswered....do you KNOW that there are items on backorder? Are there backorder type documents in the SOP work tables? Are there Order type documents that have items that are marked as backordered (Qty to Backorder >0)? -- Ric...

Retrieving data from a corresponding row from a different column
Hello everyone. I have a dilemna and I need some help. I have values in rows 1-100, and columns A-J I need to put, into A2, the name of the person who has donated the most money to my charity fund. What I currently need to do is have a fluctuating chart that constantly changes as I change the data. What I am looking for, is somthing like this Find the MAX(G:G) From that value, determine the row which it is in. From that specific row, retrieve the value from column A in there I am trying to do something like... A3 Formula: Column A of ROW(MAX(G:G)) Of course we all know that doesnt work, w...

Outlook Scheduling Add-On
I have a client that would like to purchase an addon for Outlook / Exchange (both 2003) that will enable them to do the following: "We need to be able to sort on initials (of each individual), dates, location and event. We need to be able to isolate one individual's calendar from the group in a flash, and be able to print that copy of the inidivual's calendar." Does anyone have any suggestions on products they currently use to accomplish this. Thanks, Mike ...

Unable to open dictionary (Reports.dic)
I am upgrading Great Plains 7.5 to version 9.0. I installed a new Great Plains server, but when trying to open reports I receive the following error message: "Unable to open dictionary :C:Program Files/Microsoft Dynamics/GP/Reports.dic" I received this error message before and after copying the Reports.dic file from the version 7.5 server to the 9.0 server. When trying to use the export feature on the "Customization Maintenance" window, Great Plains has disabled that feature. I have also been unsuccessful at using the Great Plains Utilities. Thanks for your help....

60 day trial for microsoft office.
I have just downloaded this free trial and it will not work, it keeps telling me. microsoft office professional has expired. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Did you activate it with the key they gave you? "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D5FDE22-B4D5-4680-84DB-193D38893EA9@microsoft.com... :I have just downloaded this free trial and it will not work, it keeps telling : me. microsoft office professional has expired. : Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is this the first time you have installed the trial on this PC? Y...

Notification if no external e-mail recieved for over 2 hours.
Recently the SMTP authentication settings were changed so that no external e-mails could be recieved. There was no way to see that this was the case until someone complained. Is there any way to monitor externally recieved e-mails so that if none are recieved after a certain amount of time for a notification to be generated? In this case a script using telnet could be used to check if e-mails could be recieved externally, but I was looking more for something like if no external e-mails recieved by any users for two hours then create notification. I can't seem to think of any way to che...

MRP Reporting
I'm trying to create a report (in Crystal) based on the MRP Months table (MP010330) to show selected info for each item for each planned period, but can't figure out how to handle the dates. In MP010330 if I run a regen today (8/14/08) and go out 6 months the result for any given item would be one row with a date of 8/13 for all past info, one row dated 8/14 for the current months, and additional rows dated 9/1, 10/1, etc. based on the number of months planned. I can find the right row for the current month by comparing the date field in MP010330 to the run start date for the...

Outlook Crashing w/html
I have two machines that are running O/L 2003 w/Word03 used for editing. Both users are receiving mail from someone using a hotmail account, sending html messages. Each time the users attempt to reply to the sender's messages the machines hang. It only occurs with this particular sender's messages. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to resolve it or if this is something that is the sender's issue? ...