A Strange Printing Problem

Our accounting department maintains an Excel file, updated in an onging
process, converted to a PDF at month close, and distributed to our senior
management.
There are nine worksheets, seven behave normally, but two worksheets default
to printing 2 copies.
No macros, viruses, etc.
Any suggestions on a fix will be appreciated.
Paul
0
PA (98)

I would try a different PDF converter.  There are a # of free ones out there.
 It would be a simple and quick test to see if that was the problem.

"PA" wrote:

> Our accounting department maintains an Excel file, updated in an onging
> process, converted to a PDF at month close, and distributed to our senior
> management.
> There are nine worksheets, seven behave normally, but two worksheets default
> to printing 2 copies.
> No macros, viruses, etc.
> Any suggestions on a fix will be appreciated.
> Paul
0
Wiley (8)
7/21/2006 7:09:01 PM
I am farily certain it is not the PDF converter.
When you select Print from the file menu, and select your printer, several
of the sheets default to 2 copies and others to 1 copy.
This applies to not only the PDF driver, but also to HP and Ricoh printers.

"Wiley" wrote:

> I would try a different PDF converter.  There are a # of free ones out there.
>  It would be a simple and quick test to see if that was the problem.
>
> "PA" wrote:
>
> > Our accounting department maintains an Excel file, updated in an onging
> > process, converted to a PDF at month close, and distributed to our senior
> > management.
> > There are nine worksheets, seven behave normally, but two worksheets default
> > to printing 2 copies.
> > No macros, viruses, etc.
> > Any suggestions on a fix will be appreciated.
> > Paul
0
PA (98)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Printing In Color
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to print a document in word that is color but it is only coming out in black and white. How can I change the color settings on my printer? Word has no setting to print in color v. B/W -- that's a function of your printer & its driver software. The settings are available in the Print dialog in the Copies & Pages List, but exactly where the setting is located depends to a great extent on what printer you have. Some printers also have physical controls on the printer, itself, but that isn't common. ...

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

set print area #2

request to solve my problem #5

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Print preview distorts objects
I have an XL2000 worksheet that has 4 controls on it (one command button, and 3 radio buttons). When I print preview the worksheet, once I close the print preview window the controls become distorted in size and location. Has anyone ever encountered anything like this? Thanks, Bill ...

Printing problem in booklet format

problem opening up program/file

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

Printing a newsletter on 11x17 not in full size
I am trying to print my 4 page newlsetter that is 8.5x11 on 11x17 so that it is a folded newsletter. It prints on the 11x17 but it keeps printing small with crop lines. It is in the right order but not full size. PLEASE HELP What version Publisher? Are you using Publisher 2007? Are you setting up your printer first for 11 x 17? File, page setup, booklet, select custom size 8.5 x 11, click advanced on the right, select booklet in the pull down type 8.5 width 11 height -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tam Nee...

Add message to customers on printed invoice
We should be able to add a message to customers (holiday hours, holiday message, etc.) to an invoice. Even QuickBooks has this ability, why doesn't GP? -- Art Cabot Director, Information Technology Sizemore, Inc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

PRINT PREVIEW #6
I REVIEW A PRINT PREVIEW AND AM OK WITH IT. I SAVE THE FILE AND WHEN I RETRIEVE THE FILE THE NEXT DAY THE PRINT PREVIEW HAS CHANGED. WHAT IS HAPPENING? -- RON What has changed? -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "RON" <RON@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D42919B-91FE-4B88-B932-EC5E947BB035@microsoft.com... >I REVIEW A PRINT PREVIEW AND AM OK WITH IT. I SAVE THE FILE AND WHEN I > RETRIEVE THE FILE THE NEXT DAY THE PRINT PREVIEW HAS CHANGED. WHAT IS > HAPPENING? > -- > RON ...

printing problems with memorized reports
We have recently been running into printing problems with our memorized reports. We will print preview a report and it will look fine on screen, then we will send to the printer, and the report print extremely small in the corner of the page. However if we go back in and re-print the report then it will print normal size on the page. We are not making any settings changes at all, and when it does this appears to just be at random. We are printing to an HP laserjet 4000 series printer that is on our network. We've used RMS with the same configuration for approx. 5 years now and ...

Reports and sub-reports problems
Dear Sirs,I have a report with 4 sub-reports.How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.Can someone help?ThanksKlaus I just realized. It's not due to being a subreport - it's already showing on the normal report triple data. It was not before and I did not change anything. I hope that someone can help me.Thanks Klaus"Amateur" wrote:> Dear Sirs,> I have a report with 4 sub-reports.> How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.> Can someone help?> Thanks> Klaus...

connection problems
a popup saying internet explorer cannot diaplay webpage and it is a connection problem -- eummer2010 how does your problem/question pertain to windows update? terri wrote: > a popup saying internet explorer cannot diaplay webpage and it is a > connection problem Hello Terry, Would be nice if you could tell us more information, like what OS you're using, Service Pack, what other security software are you running, if any? etc. IE6 ? IE7 ? IE8 ? Repoяt problems and check for solutions automatically <http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/...