2003 excel

I would like to change the cell color if there is a "r" found in it. All the
cells are in the same colum and there are also numbers in the cells with the
"r". Can anyone help ?
0
dave871 (680)

Assume data in col A

Select the col, then apply conditional formatting
using Formula Is:
=ISNUMBER(SEARCH("r",A1))
Format to taste > OK out

Replace SEARCH with FIND if you need it to be case sensitive
--
Max
Singapore
"Dave" wrote:
> I would like to change the cell color if there is a "r" found in it. All the
> cells are in the same colum and there are also numbers in the cells with the
> "r". Can anyone help ?
0
demechanik (4694)

Move mailboxes from original Exchange 2003 server
I am moving from 1 Exchange 2003 server to another - due to horsepower. Do I still need to go through this - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931. I am just moving resources one server to another and deleting / uninstalling the original Exchange 2003 server. Thx. Yes you need to follow that article if you intend to remove the first server. Nue "YONAS" <yonas@msn.com> wrote in message news:evQWaBQhGHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I am moving from 1 Exchange 2003 server to another - due to horsepower. Do >I still need to go through...

need info on excel
Hi. This is my first time posting to this NG. I visited my accountant today and he recomended me to get Microsoft Excel so that I can stay more organized and present my tax figures easier. I dont know a thing about excel. I have been doing things the old fashion way. I use COrel Word perfect to do documents and make my own graphs and log info to that. But thats it. I went to the web site and I beleive Excel 2003 costs about $200. to upgrade is $109 or so. Is there a cheaper way to get this program or an alternative. Please, is there anyone who can also tell me why excel is go good,what it can ...

Scan documents directly to excel
I am looking for a good OCR program that will allow we to scan thousands of pages of phone bills diretly to MS Excel. If anyone has any idea what I could use, I would appreciate it. http://www.textbridge.com Hope you have a scanner with a sheet feeder. Actually, faxing into the computer may work once you have OCR. HP makes printer/fax/copier/scanners with OCR software as part of the package. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "Debbie" <DLLower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:02b201c347d3$1e2c5800$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am looking for a good OCR program that...

Outlook 2003 email #2
i am new to the outlook software; currently beginning to use outlook 2003. i am receiving duplicate emails in my in-box; including all the emails i imported from my web based email, yahoo. how do i fix this problem? many thanks for any and every ones helpful guidance. happy new year, technot -- "the world will not solve it''s current problems with like-minded thinking." -Albert Einstein Not a techie here but I have had the same problem. I think that your Outlook profile is corrupt. You can create a new one and import the messages again from your backup. To create a ...

MS Money 2003 #2
I am trying to load MS Money on my PC running Win 2000. All I get is a menu bar that is minimized in the bottom of my screen. Nothing else. I have close virus check and zonealarm, but I can't get the software to install. ...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

Exchange 2003
Howdy: We ahve recently migrated from an existing WinNT4/Exchange 5.5 Installation to a new Win2k3/Exchange 2003 mixed mode installation. All went well with the first server install but I am having problems installing the second and getting it to accept mail probably due to the reasonably complex computing environment. In short: All external mail is first handled via one of six UNIX servesr which does a look up and forwards the mail to the appropriate server in the format user@server.domain.com. This worked well enough with a single server, for the average Exchange customer the UNIX would...

Is this error exchange 2003 based?
HI, I have a ecommerce package that after I submit the form, it usually sends an email, I recenlty moved this site to a new server with Exchange and now when I try and submit, I get this. Exchange 2003 and the website are both on the same W2k3 server. error '8004020f' /ssl/SFLib/mail.asp, line 311 Thanks David Also, In IIS would the application Pool be ExchangeAppPool or the DefaultAppPool being that this program uses CDOSYS. Thanks much "David" <dross@si.rr.com> wrote in message news:#6m611lsEHA.1344@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > HI, I have a ecommerce package ...

Exchange 2003 (SP2) Mailbox Manager Exclusion Question...
I am the admin for a Exchange Server 2003 (SP2) Enviroment and an running into a problem with the Mailbox Manager.. We currently purchased a 3rd party product to archive e-mail outside of the exchange server. Basically a user creates a folder called "Archive" under the root of their folder list in Outlook and then they can create whatever folder structure they like under the folder called "Archive". Any e-mail a user wants to keep over 120 days (the limit we have mail saved on the exchange server) they drag and drop into this archive folder and then the 3rd party pro...

coalesce excel data
I developed a data logger for a computer simulation that people interact with. The logged data is stored in a tab deliminated text format. That data can be imported into Excel. I bring in different subjects and have them test the simulation while I log their usage of the simulation. I would like to be able to coalesce the logged data of all the different subjects data into meaningful statistics about the simulation. I can log the data by time or by room the person is in the simulation. The data logged per time slice or per room is health, amount of object 1, amount of object 2, etc. So it woul...

Excel 97 to Excel XP (default margins)
I have excel files created in Excel 97. When I open this files wit Excel XP, the margins are not the sames. In Excel 97 are 0,0,0,0. In Excel Xp are 2.5,2,2.5,2 Can you help me? Thanks in advance ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I just did a quick test and margins set at zero in Excel 97 stayed at zero in Excel 2002. Puzzled. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Could be a different printer driver from when the file was created in 97 vs now in XP? Or even a differ...

Excel formatting #3
Could someone please help with a macro or any other suggestion to format an Excel sheet. Basically data is downloaded from a bank every week and the size of the file can vary but the formatting is constant. That is each record is 7 lines. So first record is line1-7, second record is line 8-14, third record is line 15-21 and so on. I need to format this data and basically I can record a macro for one data set that is for the record on line 1 to 7. My question is how can I set it to replicate so that it replicates for line 8-14 and then 15-21 and so on. The source formatting remains the same...

Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2003 on the same PC
I need to keep Outlook 2002 and install Outlook 2003 but getting message saying Previous verions of Outlook must be removed to install Outlook 2003. Is there a way around this so I can have both versions. Yes you can install outlook 2003 and then reinstall outlook xp "abissoondial@verio.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26b401c3a957$512a2030$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to keep Outlook 2002 and install Outlook 2003 but > getting message saying Previous verions of Outlook must > be removed to install Outlook 2003. Is there a way &g...

Camera Tool in Excel
Hi, Please advise when using the camera tool in excel why would the linked picture not change when the data in the original range changes I am trying to create a dashbord, using the camera tool Kind regards Renier van Staden In 2003 I cannot replicate your problem. Which version of Excel and what are the steps you take to create a dashboard? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:37:01 -0700, Renier van Staden <Renier van Staden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, Please advise when using the camera tool in excel why would the linked >picture not change when...

Maximum Named Ranges in excel
Hello all, I am using the Named ranges in excel to store metadata about each cell in excel that can persist with the excel file. So 1 cell = 1 Named Range.Advantage of using this approach is excel automatically updates the name references, even if we cut-and paste cells. As per this link(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP051992911033.aspx ), the amount of named ranges is limited only by the amount of available memory. I wrote a small macro that adds names to each cell in excel, considering an average data of 10000 rows into 10 columns. Like this: <short version...

clash between different versions of excel?
Hi all. I created an excel document using excel2003 and save it in a file server. As it is a shared file, it was opened by another user using excel97 for editing. However after the file was saved by the user of excel97, the layout of the content in the file became very different compared to the 1 that was saved by myself when i was using excel2003. As the user of excel97 merely change the data without editing any layout, why did this happened? Is it due to the different versions of excel being used? How can i solve this? Thks in advance. ...

What Excel macro puts data in the NEXT row of a sheet?
I have a list of data in col B of sheet 2 which I need to copy and transpose into sheet 1, then delete the data in sheet 2 to use the form again to copy and transpose onto the next line in sheet 1. I have tried with a macro shortcut I've called ctrl + e. (I am really using the data form process but cannot because I have too many inputs). Is there a simple macro I can copy and paste? ...

2003 Macro not working in 2007
Can someone please help. I have macro for IE automation in 2003 but I do not know VBA. Here is the code that works in 2003 but will not run in 2007. Does anyone know what the new code would be for Excel 2007. This is the VBA code Dim objIE As Object Set objIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") With objIE .Navigate "http://mywebsite.com" Do While .Busy: DoEvents: Loop Do While .ReadyState <> 4: DoEvents: Loop .Visible = True This is where Excel 2007 gets stuck. Do While .ReadyState <> 4: DoEvents: Loop Then it ge...

How Migrate mail account from SendMail to Exchange 2003
Hi... a new infrastructure has been created,new domain in Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I need to migrate the mail accounts that are in a Sendmail to Exchange Server Some idea or suggestion? If you are using Outlook with Sendmail, export the user mailbox to PST file. Once you have the users Exchange Mailbox created, import the PST file into the Exchange Mailbox. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "[TkT]" <TkT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5E545A6-35E8-4F42-8FE0-E43469F21B0A@microsoft.com... > H...

Excel 09-06-07
Need some help please............. Senario....... in Column B you have a company names (different ones), then is say coulmn E you have some figures like say number of kgs. Is it possible to add all the figures from column E for each different company... Column B Colum E Smiths 123kgs Jones 200kgs fred 75kgs Smiths 450kgs so you get say a months total of the kgs each company has done. Use &qu...

Ctrl-H crashing Excel 2002 fixed by Office XP SP3.
In thread "Ctrl-H crashes Excel 2002", a couple of dozen threads before this one, I reported that, in Excel 2002 without Service Packs applied: After you do a search by Values (as opposed to Formulas), henceforth Ctrl-H crashes Excel. (You could prevent that by reassigning Ctrl-H to a macro.) Thanks to Mike Mendelson & Dave Peterson, I found that Office XP SP3 fixes the problem. (I don't know which SP fixed the bug--1, 2, or 3.) Now, Ctrl-H brings up the Search dialog without crashing. *** ...

create chart /table excel-save, close & reopen colors change? Why
When I create a chart/table in Excel - save, close & reopen to use again, the colors have changed for my formating. How do I set the formating so that the colors stay the same - I have tried styles with no luck. The colors need to be the company approved. Thank you, Anne, I am unable to reproduce yr problem. Excel should NOT override yr manual settings. However,you can set yr company colours as default under Tools/Options/[Color tab]. Here are the colours Excel uses by default for the workbook. (Under that thin line you see the defaults for fill and line colours.) Hope this...

Long URL hard wrap in plain text e-mails in Outlook 2003
When I send an plain text e-mail in Outlook 2003 containing a long URL (beyond 76 characters), this breaks the long URL where users cannot click on the complete URL. In Outlook Express 6 SP1 I could change the plain text to Quote Printable to avoid this issue. How can I do this in Outlook 2003? I do not want to change the text format from plain text to HTML or Rich Text, I need to use plain text. Thanks. I found my answer and this solves the problem for me in Outlook 2003: Line Wrapping Does Not Appear As Expected When You Send E-Mail Messages in Outlook 2003 http://support.microsoft.c...

JET/ESE failure when backing up Exchange 2003 Online Stores
Hello, Operating System: Windows 2003 SBS Service Packs: Windows 2003 SP1, Exchange 6.5 SP1, Sharepoint SP1, SBS SP1. Prelim: When performing an online backup, the job fails, logging the following information. ============================= NTBackup Log: ----------------------------- Backup started on 30/07/2005 at 8:41 PM. The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function...

Font property in Excel VBA causes 100 % CPU loop
I am using Excel 2002 SP-2 on a Windows XP machine running a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz processor with 1 Gb RAM. When building a VBA userform, whenever I click on the properties box to change the font size for e.g. a label or textbox caption, Excel starts another process (i.e. I see another Excel process on the Windows task bar) and consumes close to 100 % of my CPU. The first couple of times I tried this, Excel eventually brought up the font properties window (after more than a minute). The third time I tried this, I had to crash Excel via Windows Task Manager. At the time of trying to change the ...