1 entered in cell comes up as 0.0000000001

I have checked the cell format properties and set it to general and then
number w/ 2 decimal, the only way i can get 1 to stay as a 1 is to change the
cell properties to text. Why is it doing this? it just started today and i
dont know what i did.

thansk!
0
Breezy (4)

have a look at .......tools.... options....edit......and uncheck fixed
decimal places

--
Greetings from New Zealand
"Breezy" <Breezy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have checked the cell format properties and set it to general and then
> number w/ 2 decimal, the only way i can get 1 to stay as a 1 is to change
> the
> cell properties to text. Why is it doing this? it just started today and i
> dont know what i did.
>
> thansk!

Thanks!

"Bill Kuunders" wrote:

> have a look at .......tools.... options....edit......and uncheck fixed
> decimal places
>

> --
> Greetings from New Zealand
> "Breezy" <Breezy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have checked the cell format properties and set it to general and then
> > number w/ 2 decimal, the only way i can get 1 to stay as a 1 is to change
> > the
> > cell properties to text. Why is it doing this? it just started today and i
> > dont know what i did.
> >
> > thansk!

0
Breezy (4)

5.2.1 NDR
I have an issue with users unable to send messages to mail-enabled public folders in the same organization. Email can be sent to the public folder from outside. I found this is a pretty common issue but nothing helped resolve my issue. It appears to be fixed in SP2 however I am still having problems. I looked at the KB articles listed below and verified the Anonymous user has the appropriate rights. I see there was a hotfix in Exchange 2003 RTM and SP1. I also looked at all the AD permissions and the Exchange Enterprise Server group has permissions that was mentioned in various...

blanks instead of "0" in vlookup
This is a vlookup: I am looking up a cell that happens to be blank, but the result of the vlookup is "0." How do I change the O to a blank? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200507/1 =IF(ISBLANK(vlookup),"",(vlookup)) Replace vlookup with your current vlookup formula. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Patty via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:5107F8367ABD0@OfficeKB.com... > This is a vlookup: > > I am looking up a cell that...

Formatting 0 values to show blank cells
I am using the =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),0,VLOOKUP(...)) to return a zero value. For printing purposes I need the 0 to not show in the cell (blank cell). I can do this by using the accounting format, but a dash (-) still shows in the cell. The sheet is protected to protect the formula. How can I protect AND not show anything in the cell WHILE keeping the value at "0"? You can use set the custom format to ;;""; See Worksheet and Excel table basics > Formatting numbers in Excel help file for details. "RLD" wrote: > I am using the =...

putting date and time together in 1 cell
Hi I need to convert New Zealand time to UK time, the time is displayed in two parts A B date time dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss How do i get cell A and cell B into one cell with the format dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss and then I can just minus 13 hours. any ideas please. =SUM(A2,B2,-13/24) and format the cell as dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi I need to convert New Zealand time to UK time, the time >is displayed in two parts >A B >date time >dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss > >How do i get cell A and c...

how to count cells with equal sign
Hi guys please help me to write this formula: if the integers of the A1 and A2 are of the same sign(+ or -) =1 if not =0 I need to count cells with equal sign and i don't know how to expres in formula "equal sign" Appreciate your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! Perhaps use the fact that, if you multiply together two numbers wit the same sign the answer will be positive. And if you multiply two wit opposite signs, the answer will be negative. So: =if(A1*A2>0,1,0). This doesn't cover the cases of A1 and/or A2 being zero. Does tha matter? If i...

How to change a Macro based on content of a cell
Hi, I need to import a text file into a spreadsheet. I can do this manually by doing File > Open > then select a text file. Then Excel goes through the Text Import Wizard I can automate this by recording a Macro in Excel. The macro looks like this (Excell wrote that for me, I did not): Sub Macro1() Workbooks.OpenText Filename:="C:\DrillData\" + "MOR701.pck", Origin:=xlMSDOS, _ StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array(Array(0, 1), Array(12 _ , 1), Array(26, 1), Array(37, 1)), TrailingMinusNumbers:=True End Sub How can I change ...

auto reply email entering queue
How can I configure an autoreply function to a queue so that sender get a message back as soon he send something to a queue? I wanted to use a workflow but it seems we cannot add workflow to queues. Any idea ? -- Christophe As far as i remember this is not possible because the Exchange-Account which is used for the queue has to be "disabled". Maybe you can configure Exchange as it would auto-forward incoming mails for your queue to another Exchange-User and try to get auto-reply work this way. Another option -which is highly unsupported- is to create a trigger on Activity-Tabl...

Problems running Duplicate Detection in CRM 4.0 in web interface
When I click on Workplace -> Duplicate Detection, I receive the following error: "Error: An error has occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organizations's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support." Duplicate detection is enabled and there are several duplication rules that have also been created. Those rules also can be published without error. In researching this error, the only thing I can find that has been suggested is that there i...

how to sort cells with sheet reference
i an unable to sort the data in cells containing a reference to anothe sheet. it seems as though excel is treating this reference as absolut and not relative. is there any way to do this, such that thes equations adjust to the sorting? any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks -- vba_neophyt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vba_neophyte's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2418 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37804 one way would be to copy and paste specail values only - a...

Negative Adjustment To Inventory Transaction
Whenever we adjust inventory downard using the Item Transaction Entry window, the cost displays as $0. Why is this? Are we set up correctly? Thanks, Jason There is a setup option under inventory control setup window that can be marked to display the cost for the decrease adjustments. Thank you! "VJ" wrote: > There is a setup option under inventory control setup window that can > be marked to display the cost for the decrease adjustments. > > ...

page guide at bottom of project reads 1-24
When I print I have to ask for page 4 if I want 3, 5 if I want 6, etc. Will not print page 1. What's up? Booklet? View, uncheck two page spread. Print current page. What version Publisher is always helpful to know. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Church Lady" <Church Lady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28192282-D5AD-4387-8C61-C5C5720441B8@microsoft.com... > When I print I have to ask for page 4 if I want 3, 5 if I want 6, etc. Will > not print page 1. What's up? > ...

Excell Cells: Auto Formatting
I have protected a workesheet and unfortunately when the people submit information on the cells and it is too long than the actual height of the row and it wont extend. What can I do? When protecting the sheet allow users to format cells and rows. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:14:01 -0800, Sophie <Sophie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have protected a workesheet and unfortunately when the people submit >information on the cells and it is too long than the actual height of the row > and it wont extend. What can I do? How do I jus...

range to cell
Hello, I am writing a program. I have a excel range object. And I want to point another cell at this range. how can I do that? On the range there is column = 4 row = 3. but I cannot just say =4,3 or something like that? don't you need =D3? why is the column D and not 4? strange =sheets("Sheet1").range("D4") or =sheets("Sheet1").cells(3, 4) -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "greg" wrote: > Hello, > I am writing a program. > I have a excel range object. > And I want to point another cell at this range. > how can I do that? > On the ran...

if the cell value exceeds the limit to have a dialog box appear
Is there a way that, if the cell value exceeds a certain limit, a dialog box would appear? Thanks for any assistance. Dave Check Data Validation: Select the cells Data>Data Validation Allow: (check out the number options: whole number, decimal, etc) Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "Dschro" wrote: > Is there a way that, if the cell value exceeds a certain limit, a dialog box > would appear? > > Thanks for any assistance. > > Dave > Ron, Here's the scenario -- on an Expense Report: If an employee was to fill in any amount in the &...

Excel cell display
I want a text box to display when I click on a particular cell - how can I make that happen? Would Insert> Comment work for you? "slantt" wrote: > I want a text box to display when I click on a particular cell - how can I > make that happen? Yes, thanks - I found that after I posted of course (newbie to Excel). I was looking to see if there was a macro I could gen to do the same thing... "ufo_pilot" wrote: > Would > Insert> Comment > work for you? > > > "slantt" wrote: > > > I want a text box...

Relationship replaces related contacts in opportunites in V3.0....
I need some help...in V1.2, you could relate Contacts to opportunites....in V3.0, this has been replaced by "relationships" which is fine except...I have a customer who used the Contacts view in Opportunity to display info on related contacts such as job title, address, phone, etc....I just edited the Contacts associated view to disply this info and it saved their call center reps a few clicks by not having to actually open the contact record just to verify or see this info. Now, if they want to see that info, they have to open the contaqct record from the Relationship view. Here is...

How do I compare 2 worksheets, 1 old, 1 updated to find difference
I have 2 large worksheets of text information, the 2nd being an update of the first, I need to identify/highlight the updated fields. Is there a way to do this? There is a workbook compare add-in by Myrna Larsen and Bill Manville on Chip Pearson's site you might try: http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "alienstew" <alienstew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1CD24D8-93AB-47CA-AAF0-708A4D3EA14C@microsoft.com... |I have 2 large worksheets of text information, the 2nd being an update of the | first, I need to identify/highlig...

Data migration from ACT! 10 to CRM 4.0 (hosted)
Hi, Does Data Migration Manager support the above? We need to migrate accounts, contacts and related history and activities from ACT! 10 to CRM 4.0 (which will be partner hosted). Thanks. The Data Migration Manager provides out of box maps for ACT 6. But it should be able to migrate records from ACT 10 too. you need to create/update maps for the entities you need to migrate. One good option may be to start with ACT 6 map and add mappings if there is any unmapped entity/attribute. Thanks, Koushik "The Office Guy" <TheOfficeGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

vsi 1/badmail & SP1
I have a 2003 exchange server that has not been taken care of for a while. I can't even get into vsi 1 because I believe that the badmail folder has gotten too big. Can I just can the vsi 1 folder or is there other stuff in there that I don't want to get rid of? Also, is there anything special that I have to do before I install SP1? I can't find any step by step. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks. Jerry wrote: > I have a 2003 exchange server that has not been taken care > of for a while. I can't even get into vsi 1 because I > believe that the b...

unlock frozen cells
I opened excell program to add data but it is locked. I can't add nor delete data. None of the functions work. It opens, but is locked. Help It might be that you have a 'Freeze Panes' issue. To unfreeze the windows... In 2003 - WINDOWS > UNFREEZE PANES in 2007 + VIEW > WINDOWS > UNFREEZE PANES -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Windows 7" wrote: > I opened excell program to add data but it is locked. I can't add nor delete > data. None of t...

formatting cells #3
Is there a global format that will change the same cell on multiple sheets within the same worksheet, simultaneously? If you select a group of sheets - e.g, select the leftmost sheet tab, hold down shift and click the rightmost tab - any changes you make in one sheet gets made in all of them, including formatting. Right-click a selected tab and choose "Ungroup sheets" before performing operations that you want to pertain to one sheet only. In article <2d64701c469c1$2e8ddc30$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "C.C." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is...

Problem Installing MSCRM 1.0
Good day, I have attempted to install MS CRM 1.0 several times, using the Organization name "Adventure Works Cycle", and each time it fails with the message: Failed to install Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server. Failed to provision your initial business. Failed to create root business. Catastrophic failure (8000FFFF). After each attempted install, I remove all trace of the product following the instructions in Techknowledge article 30877. I am trying to install it on a Windows 2000 Server computer that is a member of my domain. The domain controller is running Wind...

Why Am I getting a blank in the result cell?
Can someone assist me with what I'm doing wrong with the formula below? It keeps returning a blank in the resulting cell. I am trying to calculate the weighted avg. of production scores for an employee based on hours worked per month. columns B,D,F,H,J, and L are the hours while C,E,G,I,K, and M are the prod scores. Manual calculation should result in a 90.9% weighted averge. B C D E F G H I J K L M wgtd. Avg. 129 117 - - 29 75 19 32 - - 50 55 90.9% =IF(ISERROR(SUMPRODUCT((B13...

CELL REFERENCE MATH
I am using Exel to analyze mechanical test date. The data files can be 600 to 6000 points. I need to capture an 50 point average at the 25% and 75% points in the data. Is there a way to auto adjust where the averages are taken based upon the number of data points. I can get the number of data points using the COUNTIF function. Is there a way to add this result as the numeric part of a cell reference and do the appropriate math to select the correct ranges. I hope this explanation makes sense. Don't multipost. Either post in *ONE* newsgroup only or *CROSSPOST* to several newsgroup...

Change between 1 and 2 server for SBS2008 Premium?
If SBS2008 Premium is set up all on a single server initially and then a second server is added later, how easy is it to move SQL Server to the second server? Alternatively, if it's set up on the two servers and there's a problem with the second server...how easy is it to put SQL Server back onto the main SBS server or replace it with new hardware? Thanks RG RG Kind of hard to answer? I mean I can do it! But I don't know if I would call it easy or hard? I mean you are just moving stuff around and sometimes it can be frustrating. but as far as Hard/Easy I...