*EASY* question 2!!

BlankAnd as a second thought.
In my A column I need to set it out like this HH:MM (AM/PM) with *no* date,
just the time.
How could i achieve this?
Sorry for my questions but this is the first spreadsheet I have ever
attempted
Thanks in advance
--
@---}--
Laura.....  :)

"Do you know where you're going to?"

0
laura1 (60)

Hi again!

Select column A. Go to Format/Cells and click on Time (on the Number tab).
You can then select which type of time format you would like.

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"Laura ( '_' )" <laura@invalid.example.com> wrote in message
> BlankAnd as a second thought.
> In my A column I need to set it out like this HH:MM (AM/PM) with *no*
> date,
> just the time.
> How could i achieve this?
> Sorry for my questions but this is the first spreadsheet I have ever
> attempted
> Thanks in advance
> --
> @---}--
> Laura.....  :)
> Liverpool, England
>
> "Do you know where you're going to?"

0
Andy
11/25/2005 11:22:24 AM
Yep...Im so dumb on excel :S
Thankyou!"!

--
@---}--

<Andy> wrote in message news:eNZcZKb8FHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi again!
>
> Select column A. Go to Format/Cells and click on Time (on the Number tab).
> You can then select which type of time format you would like.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Andy.
>
> "Laura ( '_' )" <laura@invalid.example.com> wrote in message
> > BlankAnd as a second thought.
> > In my A column I need to set it out like this HH:MM (AM/PM) with *no*
> > date,
> > just the time.
> > How could i achieve this?
> > Sorry for my questions but this is the first spreadsheet I have ever
> > attempted
> > Thanks in advance
> > --
> > @---}--
> > Laura.....  :)
> > Liverpool, England
> >
> > "Do you know where you're going to?"

0
laura1 (60)
11/25/2005 12:02:53 PM
Laura,
For archival purposes, please try to use more meaningful subject lines.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Laura ( '_' )" <laura@invalid.example.com> wrote in message
> BlankAnd as a second thought.
> In my A column I need to set it out like this HH:MM (AM/PM) with *no*
> date,
> just the time.
> How could i achieve this?
> Sorry for my questions but this is the first spreadsheet I have ever
> attempted
> Thanks in advance
> --
> @---}--
> Laura.....  :)
> Liverpool, England
>
> "Do you know where you're going to?"

0
Don

Spacing #2
Hi Trim removes spacing in the beginning and end of word. How can i delete a spacing betwee two words (name) ex "De Wit" > i want "dewit" THX Luc You can use: =substitute(a1," ","") to remove all the spaces (leading/trailing/embedded) or =lower(substitute(a1," ","")) if you really wanted lower case. Luc Vandenhoeck wrote: > > Hi > Trim removes spacing in the beginning and end of word. > How can i delete a spacing betwee two words (name) ex "De Wit" > i want > "dewit" > THX Luc -- ...

GIC (CD) Question
After reading other questions and responses reagrding the creation and management of CD's, I have the following question: I have been struggling to find the appropriate investmant to use for a Canadian GIC (guaranteed interest), another user suggested using CD's which seems to work fine. My employer deposits an amount monthly to a GIC which is locked in for 5 years at a pre-determined interest rate. This started just over 5 yrs ago, so they are starting to mature. Since then, my employer switched to bi-weekly desposits, so now I have new deposits every 2 weeks, and maturing...

Asset accounts for cars and depreciation question
I have an asset account for my car so I can weigh it against money I borrowed to finance it. Over time the car will, of course, depreciate and I was wondering how others are accounting for this. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Richard Annual adjustments in value to reflect www.nadaguides.com, entered as an expense categorized as transportation. You can categorize it however you choose. I believe GAAP requires not revising the actual asset account, but creating a contra-asset account and expensing that. Management reports then include both asset and contra-asset, which ...

the password question
I have just had a new hard disk put onto my PC. I am running Win XP. I loaded up Money 2005 and it continually asks me for my password. Previously it populated it automatically. I always run Money offline. I have the back up discs with all the data. Obviously I cannot remember the password I used. I have tried everything I can think of !! Is there going to be anyway I can retrieve me files, or am I completely bu****ed ? first try opening the sample file and let all updates happen. then restart and open your money file. Please search the newsgroup about reinstallin...

Question about Web Publishing Wizard
I'd like to ask about an old program called "Web Publishing Wizard". It works great when uploading website material to my server, with newer versions of my files overwriting the older ones. I want to know if there is a way to use WPW to delete all of the files previously uploaded, so that my space on the server is empty. Anyone know? ...

Limitations to # of Decimal places for seconds (time)? #2
Bernie Deitrick Wrote: > Xprezons, > > Are you really recording every 1/10 millionth of a second? And, yes > Excel > limits you to three decimal places on the seconds > > Thanks a ton for your help, Bernie. I guess this is what I have to do. And yes, the system does log time to the accuracy of 6 decimal digits. Thanks and Regards, Xprezons -- Xprezon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Xprezons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1505 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

Excel VBA
Hi again, I have enclosed a timesheet which i want to break down the day activities by a percentage, so if my sheet says an activity took a hour then the day column would tell you percentage of a seven hou day. Also i want the date column date to change each day. Currently it work for one day but then the next day it changes all the above cells to th current date. I have attached the file Cheers Stev Attachment filename: book2.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56396 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Public Folder Auto-reply #2
Hi Is there any way that I can enable an auto-reply for emails that are going to a Public Folder that is mail enabled. The emails will not only becoming from inside th company but externally as well. Thanx for the help Sulaiman yes, you can...on the Administration tab, click Folder Assistant...but be very cautious with this...it's very easy to get into a "mail loop" condition that could conceivably crash the store... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E3D127F-2CBE-40D3-9AC3-333F3D25B465@microsoft....

outlook mobile access broken #2
I noticed this morning that my OMA was give ASP application error reports when a device tried to connect. I put it down to changing the installed .net framework at the end of last week - using the aspnet_regiis.exe command located in the C: \WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework directory, I changed from v1.1.4322 to v2.0.50727. So I reverted back to v1.1.4322 hoping it would resolve the issue, no all I get is a 404 page not found - even though there are files there - now I'm a bit stumped. What is going to be the easiest way to fix/repair/recreate this virtual directory? Any pointers would ...

Creating New Mailboxes #2
Hi, ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FROM THE EXCHANGE TASKS ON A USER IT TAKES UPWARDS OF 1-2 HOURS BEFORE THE MAILBOX APPEARS? ADVICE/INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS PHIL MATHER ZETEX PLC IT SUPPORT Before the mailbox appears where, exactly? In the GAL? In ESM? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "PHIL MATHER" <PHIL MATHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577D27BC-B370-4501-A09D-65151B5E901F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FRO...

PatchFactory 2.0 Released. Professional and easy-to-use patch building tool for Win9x/Me/NT/2000/XP.
Description: Professional and easy-to-use patch building environment that can help you to create instant patch packages for software and file updating. Generated patch packages are small size self-extracting executable update programs in a famous installer style with adjustable user-friendly interface and multilingual support. Enhanced with features like easy-to-use interface including a Wizard mode, powerful patch engine, integrated compression technology, adjustable multilingual user-friendly interface of the update program, this program will most definitely become a valuable asset for softw...

Macro for checkbox (2) #2
Hi Still does not work new message is Sub or function not defined. I normaly just record macros so this is a bid more of a chalange Sub Macro1() ' ' If CheckBoxes(46).Value = True Then Range("O54").FormulaR1C1 = "50000" Range("T54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("Y54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AD54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AI54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AN54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AS54").FormulaR1C1 = "...

Pivotchart Multiple series question
Is it possible to have 2 separate clustered series in 1 pivotchart table and if so how. Regards Jason ...

Cmd.exe and VC++ console app question
Hi, I was uncertain as to where to post this, so I thought I'd start here. We have a number of console apps that are multi-threaded and are essentially running batch jobs like a service. The programs are started by a "*.cmd" file, hence the cmd.exe reference. We have coded the programs to detect a "q" in the input buffer to attempt to close the program down cleanly. However, this doesn't always work (program does not log that it even received the request) and I am uncertain as to why this is occurring. Any ideas on this would be helpful as to how to trpa wh...

beginning balances #2
Hello: This is a new client who is entering invoices and data as of 2006. There are two open fiscal years--2005 and 2006. We created 2005, as the client will need to enter beginning balances for 2006. I just want to make sure that I have the correct steps down. In order to enter beginning balances for 2006, they need to: (1) In GL Transaction Entry, enter a debit or credit to the balance sheet account and a debit or credit to Retained Earnings (or a suspense account) as of 12/31/2005 and (2) They need to close 2005 in the GL, so those beginning balances (BBFs) will roll forward to...

Variant #2
Good Day, I have a VB6 Com object that I am attempting to use in VC++. One of the methods returns a VB6 Variant datatype. When I look at the IDL for the object that value is also defined as a VARIANT*. The problem I have is I am not sure how to deal with this value on the C++ side. What datatype do I use to store this value. Unfortunately, I can really be almost anything. Do I need to store it as a byte array? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! >I have a VB6 Com object that I am attempting to use in VC++. One of the >methods returns a VB6 Variant datatype. When I look at the...

FRx Forecaster #2
Hello, In a Calc Set when a range of Accounts is used the Calc set does not work (Calc = '1000..5000') Have followed all the TK and it does satisfy all the requirements for a Calc Set to work. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance Ajay Ajay-- is the variable on the left side a valid Account? (i.e., does 'Calc' exist in the list of accounts, and in the lineset? Also, check the syntax in the actual calculation. It should read Calc='1000..'5000 with the single quote in front of the variables. "Ajay" wrote: > Hello, &...

Help with combining 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts
Hi, I have 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts that I would like to combine to use in one woeksheet and I'm sure how to do. I am kind of new to VB. The first script is for hiding columns based on a value selected in picklist. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'SalesAid Software If Target.Address <> Range("L2").Address Then Exit Sub 'MsgBox Month(Target) If Target = "All" Then Range("N:BV").EntireColumn.Hidden = False Else lastcol = Cells(6, Columns.Count).End(xlToLe...

Report WRITER legends values #2
Hello. I need to modify existing modified report. Where can I find values for legends fields? Thanks. Sofiya. Hello Sofiya, Legend fields are placeholders that may contain pretty much anything, depending of the report you are working with. For example, on many reports, they are used to display the range values used when generating the report. (From-To) One thing you must remember though is that they are always typed as strings so you need to convert them if you want to do any arithmetic operations with them. In conclusion, if you want to evaluate the legend field values for a report,...

Data validation causing problems when using a data form in Excel 2
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the form is not entered onto the worksheet. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found that when using a ...

Project Green #2
Those of you counting on or worrying about Project Green might want to check out the rants and replies on this forum on the Sept 20 subject entitled ".Net Plans?". ...

Need Help #2
I have created a custom button for Tag along item.and I am having problem with cursor box. It is not moving down. It is staying where the tag along item rang up. It should move down to empty line, But It is not. How Can I fix his problem. Any one can help me ? ...

Formula Question...
I have a general ledger spreadsheet with a annual and monthly tab followed by the individual account tabs. On the monthly tab I have the following formula: =SUMIF('9000-Muck Site'!$J:$J,"="&(TEXT(I$5,"mmm-yy")),'9000-Muck Site'!$D:$D) My problem is the range is not picking up all of the rows. Based on the formula above it stopped at D96. How do I extend (or show) other rows past D96? Thanks! Are the entries in column J really text? -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "sarge355" wrote: > I have a general ...

More database questions
I couldn't find the answer in microsoft.public.vc.databases, so I thought I would ask here. I'm trying to find out how SQL Server can get a list of servers with databases, and then find all of the databases on that server. I basically have three servers, one is an AIX server with SYBASE, one has SQL Server 2000, the third is used for Access .mdb's. I want to give the user an option to view all of the instances, so that they can search for what they need, rather than finding it somewhere else and explictly specifying it in my application. I'm wondering if there is an easy wa...

Need to take out checkboxes from from some items of the listcontrol.. #2
Hi, I have a listcontrol in which i want to have checkboxes for only selected items.... For that i m trying , m_cListCtrl.SetItemState(nRow , LVS_EX_TRACKSELECT, LVS_EX_TRACKSELECT); which is not working..... PLease help me.. Lotz of thanx in advance, This link may be useful http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/LVChecked.asp Regards Amar ...