Zip codes in mail merge - first digit doesn't display in merge

Office 2007 - used spreadsheet to create an address list; zip codes appear
correctly in spreadsheet but when using spreadsheet as a mail merge document,
the first digit disappears in the zip code field, i.e., 05401 becomes 5401.

=text(a1,"00000")

or use Word field formatting codes:
Mail merge Excel to Word:
  a.. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm
  b.. http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge
  c.. http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx
  d.. http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CustomizingWord2002.htm
  e.. news:microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

--
David Biddulph

"Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Office 2007 - used spreadsheet to create an address list; zip codes appear
> correctly in spreadsheet but when using spreadsheet as a mail merge
> document,
> the first digit disappears in the zip code field, i.e., 05401 becomes
> 5401.

0
David

Undeleting Mails
Any way to undelete the mails which has deleted from delete folder see your previous post. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Thomas" <thomas_jiji@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:78c201c43105$e436ca50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Any way to undelete the mails which has deleted from > delete folder ...

Outlook 2000; email display isssues
Very strange issue! Have 2 computers with same problem; when they click on a previously read email, their new email shows up. New email does not get received when clicking the Send/Receive button or as it normally should from the Exchange server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jennie McLean <jennifer.mclean@krause.com> wrote: > Have 2 computers with same problem; when they click on a previously > read email, their new email shows up. > > New email does not get received when clicking the Send/Receive button > or as it normally should from the Exchange server...

Unable to send mail on telephone line or DSL, but can send on cable modem
I never used to have a problem. Recently I cannot send mail from Outlook if I use a dial up modem or if I am on a DSL modem. I can receive mail OK. I can send mail on a cable modem. All it does is say "Connecting to Server" and the mail does not send. Then I get an error message "The TCI/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server.(Account: "Name of My Account', SMTP Server: 'name of my server.com', Error Number: 0x800ccc0f). I called the hosting company and they say everything is working and that I have a problem with Outlook 2000. Any ideas wha...

e-mail address converted to include single quotes
Occasionally when sending a new email or replying to an email the address is changed upon sending to include single quotes, ie. username@userdomain.com changes to 'username@userdomain.com'. When this happens the email is kicked back as undeliverable. here is what the kickback looks like, I had to substitute username into the actual email addresses. -----Original Message----- From: MAILER-DAEMON@vbbn.com [mailto:MAILER- DAEMON@vbbn.com] Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 9:16 AM To: username@pesenv.com Subject: Undeliverable mail: Document Delivery to 369 Pine Failed to deliver to ...

Outlook 2007 Ignoring Mail Format Configured for Contact
I posted this question in microsoft.public.office.misc before I find this group... So I am posting again. I need to send emails to a particular internet email address (i.e., not in exchange) in Plain Text. I attempted to configure this in the following ways: Attempt 1: 1) Open Contact window 2) Double click Email... field under Internet section 3) Set Internet format to "Send Plain Text only" Attempt 2: 1) Open Contact window 2) Right click Email... field under Internet section 3) Select Send Option... 4) Check "I want to specify the format..." 5) Selec...

Multiple records in table to display single records
My table has 3 columns, A is account numbers, B is first name, C is last name. If an account has 2 owners, the account number is listed twice in C1, like this: A B C 123 Hank Jones 123 Ann Jones 231 Mike Smith 321 Jim John I want to query this table to display the names side by side if there is more than one owner, so that my data appears like this: A B C D E 123 Hal Jones Ann Jones 231 Tim Smith 321 Jim John Help please! Sorry, got the names mixed up! "Hurrikane4" wrote: > My table has 3 columns, A is account numb...

Mail Merge 2007
(I'm new to this--please bear w/ me... Since I've downloaded Publisher 2007, I have not been able to do post card (or label) mail merge using multiple addresses. I've tried everything! Can anyone help??? -- Dot Miller Define "not been able to do post card (or label) mail merge using multiple addresses". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Dot Miller" <DotMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1842CBB-A45A-49DA-B4EC-D25E8FD8E95D@microsoft.com... >...

new live mail client acting differently
o just installed new windows live pkg today.. including live mail. live mail now acts differently. don't understand how to do what I need. 1.) the new client now grays out my subject and date field in the top pane (not just after I have pulled up the msg in the reading pane). like I would really like it to. *saw how to set up a color coded mail rule but this isn't helping me. 2.) the color is too light in the top pane. I can't see it on my monitor and need to knock it down a little or recolor it to something I can see. how can I do this? 3.) is there a way...

smtp.live.com via windows vistas built in mail : SSL error
I am using Vistas Winmail ( not "livemail" ) and I use it for a hotmail account. Don't tell me it does not work, because it did all the time succesfully in and out for months. Hotmail is not possible via pop3 is a myth.It also works via Outlook Express on xp. I needed to format the laptop and reinstall vista, so am starting from new. I have installed every Servicepack and Update available to the OS via automatic updates. Account : Username myname@msn.com and the Live ID password ( same as for messenger and so - it works ) - Server : pop3.live.com / secur...

Limit Accounts displayed to just customers while in Service Activi
What's the easiest way to limit the Accounts that are displayed in the Form Assistant to actual customers when I create a new Service Activity? I've set the "Relationship Type" within the Account record. I'm assuming I could do an OnLoad trick to filter the Account based on "Relationship Type = Customer" right? Any pointers?? ...

I am trying to show names in my address book in last name first or
I am trying to show names in my address book in last name first order. KB gives info about sorting contacts but that does not help me with my personal address book. When you post questions, include your Outlook version so someone can answer you. ------ Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] M Gerber wrote: > I am trying to show names in my address book in last name first order. KB > gives info about sorting contacts but that does not help me with my personal > address book. ...

Windows 7 Update broke my code
I have been developing an app in VB6. My development machine is an XP Pro machine but I have a Windows 7 box that I use for testing. Everything has been working great.....until today. I use a text box that I have modified to automatically capitalize the 1st letter of each word. This ocx control is based off of a text box. On the Windows 7 box, it stopped working. Does anyone have any knowledge of a change that would affect the behaviour of a text box, or anything I can do to try to fix this? This is used all through my program. Thanks in advance. Kflash Sor...

messy imported mail body
I just set up my Outlook 2007 and imported a large number of mails from Eudora. The problem is, MANY imported mails have in the mail bodies the HTML codes shown up -- Is there an easy way to "clean" them out? (Or let Outlook be aware they are hyper text so that to properly display them) Thanks, Zhiliang ...

Outlook 2002 and Mail Accounts
Hi, I have a DSL service and my mail accounts with GoDaddy.com. I was able to set up my mail accounts but when I go to make a new message and pick from which account I want to the mail to go through nothing shows up except my default mail. Can anyone help. I am at my wits end. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Office. Thanks There are two things you may want to try: First recommendation: ---------------------------------------- 1. On the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive Settings, and then click Define Send/Receive Groups. 2. Click All Accounts, and then click Edit...

Name display on sent messages
How do I configure WLM so that my name is displayed on sent emails instead of my email address. I also cannot find the tools menu. Menu button. (To the left of the Help button). Click it and Show Menu Bar. Then: Tools | Accounts | Mail Account | Properties | General. Take your address out of the Name field and put in your name. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Bonbrad" <Bonbrad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94FB735B-DC0C-4065-A907-B8CF66BE20AA@microsoft.com... > How do I configure WLM so t...

mail merge training
Do you have any mail merge training that is on video? Because I am having trouble understanding how to mail merge from just reading how to do it on your website. Thankyou Hi David this is a user-based peer to peer network where excel users can post questions and various people will attempt to answer them - i'm sure there are a lot of people around who might be able to suggest training material that could help, but if you'ld like to let us know what versions of excel & word you're using and where you're getting stuck with the mail merge - you might be able to save ...

IE8 cannot display the webpage (but Firefox can)
Suddenly I can no longer access web pages with IE8 (running under XP). My Firfeox browser works OK as does Outlook Express. I removed IE8 using Add or Remove Programs, and downloaded a new copy of IE8. It still won't work right. "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." Does Firefox load your Internet Explorer add-ons? "You receive an error message: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage” http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196 --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est bergiesplace wrote: > Suddenly I can no longer access web pages with IE8 (run...

first row on all pages
My Spreadsheet first 2 rows has data in columns A - which is merged through Column J for centering purposes - That is the only thing on Rows 1 and 2 The spread sheet goes through column AD When I setup page to have first two rows repeat at the top - it does not work. The data is only printed on page 1 Any suggestions Gladys Although I cannot replicate the problem using your description......... Try un-merging the cells in A:J and use the "Center across selection" method instead. Can be found at Format>Cells>Alignment>Horizontal. Merged cells cause no end of proble...

how do i get my new e-mail messages to outlook??
i have two e-mail accounts coming from aol into outlook. one has all the current e-mails but the second one does not. please help ...

Exchange 2003 for Outlook Calendar Sharing only (no e-mail)
Hello, I don't have much time otherwise I'd do the research myself; I have not used Exchange in years + what I do know has all changed. Basically, my scenario is as follows: I have Win2k3 Server 2003 Enterprise Edition running a domain controller, and several persons in the office with PCs. They have e-mail already (IMAP) from a separate ISP--all we need to do at this point, and do it quickly, is add calendar sharing capabilities without having to use Exchange to serve their e-mail. How is this possible? Thanks, Gabe Have them use OE (or some other mail client) for e-mail and O...

Srv to Srv mail Encryption
This company wants all the comunication encrpted between their Lotus Notes Server and our Exchange Server. I understand exchange to exchange ... TLS can do this for us. How can this be achieved between 2 servers? Hoe will the mail flow work and know that it has to travel through this encrypted tunnel? Advise please. Thanks, You could implement IPSec. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821839. Nue "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B598D3C5-CEBE-4009-983F-0142042C4765@microsoft.com... > This company wants all the comunication e...

Disappearing email contacts in Windows Live Mail
It has become truly aggravating that every time I open Windows Live Mail all of my contacts and groups are missing. I'm running Live Mail at the desktop on a Vista PC. When I go to C:\Users\my name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Contacts the contacts are there yet when I open Live Mail nada. Why? -- Grace, peace, joy and prosperity to you and all whom you love. My windows live mail contacts are at Computer\Local Disk (C:)\Users\walraven\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Contacts\<my live account name>\real (this is Windows 7, Windows Live Mail...

Mail preview in e-mail folders
Hi.... I've learned many years ago that the preview pane in email folders in outlook was a sin. The email had to be opened to be shown, and that could lead to the activation of malicious code. Even to day as I make new folders, the preview pane is automatically there. I have many, many email folders in my outlook 2007, all of which has gotten their preview pane reactivated after a recent hard disk crash. Now I wonder: Is using the preview pane lowering the security level? Is there an easy one step way to turn off the preview pane in all folders? Is there a way to prevent Outlook to ...

Excel Newsgroup: not receiving e-mail notification nowadays
Hi, I have to change my e-mail address recently due to relocation. I have registered for a new MS Passport ID then. However I noticed that whenever my post is replied nowadays, I am not receiving any e-mail notification. May I know the URL that I need to highlight this problem to MS for rectification ? Many Thanks. Low The "e-mail" notification of the web interface to the newsgroup is an intermittent affair. You could subscribe directly to the underlying newsgroup using a news reader instead. Mr. Low wrote: > Hi, > > I have to change my e...

Default mail settings Question
Outlook 2000. MS-Word is my default mail editor and when I click for a new email it defaults to a size 10 font. I would like it larger but don't see where the setting is. When Word itself starts it defaults to 12. -- Thanks in advance... Bob In Outlook; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format-> button Fonts... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@att.net> wrote in message news:7tBad.794$HG3.658@lakerea...