Zip Codes 5 digits only

Is there a way to change zip codes in a spreadsheet to
only display 5 digits?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi,

Use custom cell format 00000. This will add leading zeros, if the cod
is shorter than 5 digits.

- Asse

=LEFT(zipcode,5) will strip off the extended codes.

Jerry

> Is there a way to change zip codes in a spreadsheet to
> only display 5 digits?

0
post_a_reply (1395)

dates #5
how to change text dates (03082007) to mm/dd/yyyy (03/08/2007 Data>Text to Columns>Next>Next>Column Data Format>Date. MDY or DMY Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:05:23 -0800, duine <duine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how to change text dates (03082007) to mm/dd/yyyy (03/08/2007 ...

alt + code
I want to type in excel the sommation simbol, using an alt code, which is the keyboord shortcut? alt228 -- Greetings from New Zealand "Antunes" <pedro.g.antunes@gmail.com> wrote in message news:75668a8e-a9a7-4347-a607-2bf3d86ad5ef@c36g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I want to type in excel the sommation simbol, using an alt code, which > is the keyboord shortcut? On Apr 15, 10:17=A0am, "Bill Kuunders" <bill.kuund...@xtra.co.nz> wrote: > alt228 > > -- > Greetings from New Zealand"Antunes" <pedro.g.antu...@gmail....

Create group out of vba code
Hi, When a new database is created a group 'Favorites' exists already. I would like to create additional ones, but with vba code. Furthermore it would be great to assign tables and queries to the groups which have been created. Is that possible? Thanks, Ralf The code below should get you going and the original source is listed if you wish to looked it up further. Public Sub CreateUserGroup(strGroupName As String, _ strPID As String) ' Create a group ' Source: Graham R Seach - MS Access MVP ' http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.ac...

Formula or UDF to add figures by code #
I have a list of figures in column A & each figure's 3 digit code i column B. What would be a cell formula that could be put in columns C & D t subtotal by code? Example _ ___A__ __B__ __C___ _D_ 1| 100.00 | 105 | 211.15 | 105 2| 115.06 | 118 | 315.06 | 118 3| 122.15 | 107 | 272.15 | 107 4| 111.15 | 105 | 5| 200.00 | 118 | 6| 150.00 | 107 | I am trying to do this without VBA, only formulas or possibly a use defined function. However, if it can't be done with formulas or function then VBA would help a lot! Thank you for all the help, mikebur -- mikebur ----------------...

Cut last 5 character
Hi, What function can we cut (trim) last 5 char in a string? Ex: I am a student in CA After cut=> I am a student Thank you in advance. MN First make a backup copy of the table if you are updating the data. Then use this --- Left([YourField], Len([YourField]) -5) -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "MN" wrote: > Hi, > What function can we cut (trim) last 5 char in a string? > Ex: I am a student in CA > After cut=> I am a student > Thank you in advance. > MN Thank you - thank ..... How smart you are :-) MN "KARL DEWEY" wrote: &...

Error code 646 04-17-10
I keep getting error code 646 when I try and install updates. The help option is not any help at all. Maybe somebody can tell me how to fix this problem. I have tried this for two week and always get the same code. Mircosoft need to fix error code so You can get better answer when you get a error code. Use online for $70.00 a hour for a error code same that they are greeded. -- Edward Meister Hello Ed, Please always state which Windows edition and Service Pack level ? and what version of Internet Explorer? as it often does make a difference - Also, could you supply so...

ldap on Exchange 5.5
I'm having an issue with doing ldap queries against our Exchange 5.5 server. Using the ldp.exe utility on 2 separate servers, I can see the DN's just fine but when I try to view the Tree, it says that there are No children (0 records). I verifed that the ldap is enabled on Exchange and permits anonymous access. Can anyone help me with getting this working again? "MandG" <gscanga@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1169737654.672887.292810@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com... > I'm having an issue with doing ldap queries against our Exchange 5.5 > server. Using the ...

Steps to assure a successful Optimization of Exchange 5.5
I am in the process of correcting what has to be one of the most messed up installations I've ever seen done by what is supposed to be a technical consultant group. In my readings and research, just about every rule you can find regarding Exchange 5.5 that says: "DO NOT EVER DO THIS!" has been done. For example: - Everything is on the C: drive. Data stores, log files, *EVERYTHING*. There is no D: drive - The server that is running Exchange is also our main (it has the FSMO's) Domain Controller. In fact, until recently, it was the **ONLY** DC in the domain..... Before I came...

Overtime Calculation based on multiple hourly pay codes.
The system presently is just not designed to calculate overtime based on multiple hourly pay codes. If you enter 20 hours in one hourly paycode and 25 hours worked in another, these would all need to be entered for the same hourly pay code in order for 5 overtime hours to auto-calculate. The system should have the ability to check all the hourly paycodes for a given pay-period and then automatically calculate overtime if need be. Thanks Girish ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this s...

Exchange Server 5.5, all Services keep stoping
It has been a more than a week our exchange 5.5 (nt4.0) server having problem. Keep stoping all the services (NT serve seems to be very very slow)Get the error message on the event log "Error oxffffbd3 occured during a back ground cleanup on attachment 11-1569dr" Couldn't find anything on microsoft knowledge base. pls. help. thanks s Please check both your application and system logs. If the Exchange services stop, normally events would be logged. Even if they are generic events that simply say the service stopped. Also please post the complete event id source and descrip...

Xpath query #5
Given following XML: <RESPONSE> <DATA REQUEST_ID=3D"465466189C701F41E040007F01004D25E6B23D14793EB72753CE2387F85A5= 7E5"> <ENTITY name=3D"Q_ARI_KLS"> <ATTRIBUTE name=3D"ID" value=3D"10000307968" /> <ATTRIBUTE name=3D"NOSAUKUMS" value=3D"ABAB=C4=BBEVA" /> </ENTITY> <ENTITY name=3D"Q_ARI_KLS"> <ATTRIBUTE name=3D"ID" value=3D"10000323423" /> <ATTRIBUTE name=3D"NOSAUKUMS" value=3D"CITSKAUTKAS&qu...

City and State Populated by Zip Code
Does anyone know of a way to load a program that when you type in the Zip Code the City and State are automatically populated? I have seen a MSCRM add-in from a company called QAS (http://www.qas.com/). This is more than just Zip Code/City&State. It's a full address validator along with streamlined data entry. They have integrated with CRM via an ISV pop-up and it seems to work fairly smoothly. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 15 Apr 2005 11:13:56 -0700, "Morgan" <tzeoli@att.net> wr...

Delete Company in Great Plains 7.5
Would anyone please tell me how to properly delete (remove) a company in Great Plains 7.5? Thanks. Setup>System>Company...select your company Id and then delete. Once you have deleted this in Great Plains go to Enterpise Manager and delete the database. "Shirley" wrote: > Would anyone please tell me how to properly delete (remove) a company in > Great Plains 7.5? Thanks. Thanks klewis. "klewis" wrote: > Setup>System>Company...select your company Id and then delete. Once you have > deleted this in Great Plains go to Enterpise Manager and...

Exchange 5.5 OWA on Windows 2000
Currently I am running OWA on NT4 server and planning to upgrade OWA hardware and alos operating system to 2000. I have heard issues regarding Exchnage 5.5/OWA running on Windows 2000, if you have successfull insatallation please advise me. I run it in my lab and it works just fine. Not sure about what problems you are hearing about from others. -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms spec...

VBA code to create multiple charts in a single Excel sheet Options
Hi, I need to create a macro in Access which creates a report in an excel sheet. The excel sheet needs to contain a number of sheets (Sheet 1,Sheet 2,Sheet 3....).Inside each Sheet around 9 charts have to be displayed. Please can somebody help me with some vba code for the same. Thanks, Sobha ...

ANN: MathType 5.1 for Mac Now Shipping
MathType 5.1 for Macintosh is Now Shipping New version supports Microsoft Office 2004 LONG BEACH, Calif. -- July 26, 2004 -- Design Science announced today the release of MathType 5.1 for Macintosh that works with Microsoft Office 2004. MathType is the full-featured, professional version of the Equation Editor in Microsoft Office, AppleWorks and many other products, and is used by math and science educators, research scientists and publishing professionals to include mathematical notation in printed documents and web pages. In addition to providing support for Office 2004, MathType 5.1 is b...

Out of Office Assistant #5
It was suggested that I post my question here, my appologies if it looks like a cross post. My users make use of the Out of Office Assistant consistently. Lately we have noticed it will only send out of office notices internally and not externally outside of our network. Going through our change-log for the Exchange server, all that has changed in the past few months is some CU's and a Relay rule allowing our Internal IIS server to relay messages through our Exchange server. How can I get the Out of Office Assistant to send to all email, internal and external to our network? thanks i...

Migration from 5.5 to 2000 in different domain
What is the best or preferred method to migrate mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 server to Exchange 2000 Server in a different domain? thanks. Stv I could be wrong but I think the only way to really do is Export everything using Exmerge to PST files from 5.5 then back into your 2000 Server. If they were on the same domain then it would be much easier. Good Luck. "stvbrx" wrote: > What is the best or preferred method to migrate mailboxes from an Exchange > 5.5 server to Exchange 2000 Server in a different domain? > thanks. > Stv the best way to migrate the mailboxe...

Exchange 5.5 Mialboxes Losing their Home Server
Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there could help me fix a problem with a couple of mailboxes which keep losing their Home server, so that they are unable to send or receive emails. We have an email server with 100 users and half of them had lost there Home server settings, so we went into each individual mailbox and manually selected the Home server for each mailbox. We then ran the Consistency Adjuster and everything after that was fine during the day. However, the next day a couple of mailboxes had lost their Home server setting again, so we did the same thing again. Things were rig...

Moving a mailbox from Exchange 2000->Exchange 5.5
At our organization, our "parent" company is currently running an Exchange 5.5 system. Long story short, we are in the process of breaking our ties (including our in-house Exchange 2000) system. We recently were having problems with ADC not connecting & relaying the information correctly between the two servers. Because of this, I created a new connector, and things appeared to work fine. Until now... I'm trying to move a mailbox from the Exchange 2k system to the Exchange 5.5 system. The operation is failing and gives this as the error: ------------------------------...

Outlook 2000
How can I get back contact list in outlook after running exmerge for exchange 5.5? ...

Why am I getting this only on one user. We are running exchange 2003 single forest 2 domains, one exchange server in each domain, I can send mail to the user buy clicking new mail and picking their name off the GAL and it works. When that person mails me it works, when I click reply And try to send the reply it gets kicked back. I have looked at the users properties under delivery restrictions and it says everyone. My mailbox is in the first domain and the problem users box is in the other domain. otherwise the system is working fine, The user can send mail to anyone in our domain but w...

Macro code produces error

Sales Transaction Integration / Default Account Codes
I have several sales transaction integrations. The sales distribution account is in the source file, and I have "Use Source Recordset" selected in the mapping options. However, when the transactions are viewed in Dynamics, the default sales account codes are displayed--not the account codes from the source file. How can I fix this? Thank you in advance, Caroline PS: The account codes are correct except for the state segment (state where inventory derived) and location segment (actual facility where inventory is produced). But the inventory does not always come from the ...

www.smallbizserver.net Newsletter, Volume 5-1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0072_01C66D26.CFB49120 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable New articles published How to install CRM 3.0 SBE on SBS 2003 Premium [Subscriber article & PDF = download] This document describes in detail how to install CRM 3.0 SBE on a Small = Business Server 2003 Premium. It has all the necessary steps including = screen shots for a smooth install. It has a few special tips and tricks = that won't be found easily, and here you will have them all in one ...