YMMV - users 'seeing' graphs differently

Could really use some help on this one.  I generate logarthmic x-axis/%
y-axis graphs.  The pertinent range on the x-axis is from 0.001 to 100.
There are no external references in the file anywhere.

Here's the problem - a client (only one thus far) has reported that the
graphs appear 'wrong' when viewed on her computer.  I've seen a
screenshot to verify this.  The x-axis only displays 1-100 and the data
is inaccurate.  Whereas the original graph shows a gradually increasing
trend from ~20% to 100%, the screenshot shows a DECREASING trend - but
not a mirror image of the original.  I had the client save the file
under a new name and send it back to me.  It displays perfectly well
under both WinXP and 2000.  All systems are using excel 2000.

So - are there user-defined setttings that would force the graph to
improperly display on her computer?  (Note: getting her to manually
change the x-axis range does not get rid of the erratic data display).
Can I 'force' the graph to display the way I want it regardless of
end-user settings?

Much thanks for your help,

Kent

--hope this isn't a double-post (attached file too big error stopped
the first post)--

User Defined Cells counting
Im tryin to find out how could I count a user defined cells (6 rows) containing a string (ex. 2435 Smith Dr) using a formula. Currently, I'm entering the count manually and I know there's a solution how to automate the counting. If the cell is empty the value to be returned for that cell must be 0 and if it contain the string, its value is = 1..This is how I'm approacing it but it doesn't work using the IF function....Thanks I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but you might look at the FormulaExists function. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Co...

Adding User Lookup Field
I am new to MS CRM and I am having trouble being able to add a lookup field to a customized entity. Basically, I just want to be able to let users select a user from the CRM user list from a lookup field. I cannot seem to find a way to reference it. I'm sure it is rather easy to do, but I've been stumbling about on this. Can anyone help? Thanks, Larry Larry, This can be accomplished, but at the moment cannot be done with the standard configuration tools. Here are some options: 1. Use a picklist to store the user names (reasonable if you have a reasonably smaller numbe...

Call from a different sheet?
I'm wondering if it's possible in Excel to call data from a different sheet. For example if I changed A1 in sheet 2 it'd affect forumlas in sheet 1. -- HisHighness ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HisHighness's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511552 You can link to another worksheet with a formula like ='Sheet1'!A1 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson...

how do you graph with year dates as IV1998, I 1999, etc
I have an assignment where the years are 1 1998, iv 1998, ....IV1999, ect, my data for it is normal like 100, 2323, stuff liek that but how would you grpah that I am confused. If you can do a line chart (rather than a scatter with lines) Excel will accept the text for the X axis. Otherwise, create a dummy series of numbers 1998 1998.25 1998.5 1998.75 for your quarter and another dummy series2 with the Y-axis minimum values for each time point. Use the first dummy series as your X axis, but hide the axis Then plot the second dummy series with just a "+" marker. Use a chart la...

ActiveSync fails if the SMTP primary e-mail is not the same as the user ID #2
Please help. I have already made a posting below. Is there any fix for this. Or some configuration changes. ...

One email address to three users
Hi, Our Clients have Exchange 2000 and they want to have (info@domain.com) emails to be sent to three diffrent users, in the sales team. How do i do this, one frowarding i can do but more then that help..... Many Thanks JP Create a Distribution List. If you need to retain messages for sales@ in a separate mailbox, then you can forward to the DL. If all you need is to have messages for sales@ delivered to mutliple users, simply call the DL "Sales" or assign it the email address sales@. Good practice for all generic addresses like sales, info, ir, jobs, etc. -- Bharat Suneja M...

database differences between 2003 and 2002
currently using version 2002 EA (obtained end of year 2001 i think). we use it for database modeling, or just started actually. Want to know if there are any new features or major bug fixes in the 2003 version for db modeling mostly. also, does it have all the db modeling that the 2002 EA version has? It seems that EA is no longer and that only Pro is the version for 2k3. Could not find a 2002/2003 comparison on the ms site. v2002ea was renamed to v2003ea with no significant changes other than the name. Al "Jeff" <jm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f...

USER.EXE
I am running Windows Me and when I open Excel from Start/Programs I get a USER.EXE error message, I've tried doing a rapair and install to no avail. What do I do or where do I go now? Thanks Hi Place an empty textfile in C:\Windows and name it user.exe (not user.exe.txt !). The file doesn't have to do anything. If no good then try moving it around to C:\ , C:\Windows\System and other critical locations. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> skrev i melding news:eFkHdO%23OEHA.2636@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I am running Windows Me and w...

Timeline Question
Running: MicroSoft Vision Standard 2002 I am trying to create a timeline via the timeline stencil, but cannot resize the associated textbox after a milestone shape is applied. When the shape is applied, the grey "locks" appear around the textbox. I then, via right-click, selected format, protection and deselected the checkmarks - so no protection existed. The grey "locks" were changed to greensquares with X's in them. When I move the cursor over the green squares, arrows appear, as if I can resize the shape, but resizing does not actually occur. It seems that th...

Different Vista product keys on sticker and via Jelly Bean
Using Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder v2.0 http://www.magicaljellybean.com/ , I get a Vista product key that's completely different than the one on the sticker on the Toshiba L505D-S5965 laptop. It's very unlikely Windows was reinstalled, but I am not the first owner. Is that the only explanation? ~ Nehmo Big manufacturers (called OEM's) have a single key for each model they make. Such Windows are preactivated and the end user does not need to activate again. However, if the machine fails in such a way that the replacement of motherboard is required and a different (...

how do I graph asymptotes in Excel
If I have x values in col A and y values as the function =((3*A1)+2)/(A1-3), .... Ahh, I think I just found it, where the denominator is the unknown number (DIV/0), in this case x=3, leave an empty row for the x and y values. That got rid of the annoying connecting line that crosses the horizontal and vertical asymptotes shown in the XY Scatter with smooth lines chart. Hope this helps someone else. Thanks. ...

laptop client for an external user
Is there any workaround to get the following configuration for a laptop client to work? John Smith has an account in the crmdomain and in CRM - crmdomain\jsmith. John's laptop is in the domain thirdpartydomain where John Smith has an Exchange mailbox. John is using Outlook for his jsmith@thirdpartydomain mailbox and needs to have a CRM laptop client installed on the laptop. John needs to have direct access to his jsmith@thirdpartydomain mailbox (without having to log out of the laptop and log in as crmdomain\jsmith and yet have 1. CRM folders/records available in Outlook and go off...

Public folder calendar items display differently
We use Public Folders for some of our calendar items. If I use OWA a calendar event is different than when I use full Outlook. For example, an appointment will be a different day and hour, but all the contents of the appointment are the same from OWA and Outlook. This is not the case for all our appointments just some of them. Has anyone else seen this who may have a resolution for the problem? Thanks, Chris ...

Remove users from Mailbox Store Securities
I need to remove the Domain Users Group from the securities on the mailbox store. Yet, when I apply the changes I get an access denied error from facility LDAP Provider with an event ID of 80070005. I've tried to just change the securities and get the same error. I've tried to remove them one by one in advanced and get the same error. Any ideas? ...

Open worksheets containing graphs
Why is it that a particular excel file I have contaning graphs takes ages to open on my PC (using Excel 2000) and everyone around me can open it fine. We all have the same spec PC's and network connection speeds. Copy of previous post from Norman Harker in response to a similar question that may help. Gist of it is that a bunch of garbage temp files may be slowing down your system:- Most Probable Causes Most probable causes are: ** Windows 95/98/ME Too much accumulated junk in: C:\Windows\Temp File ** Windows NT/2000/XP Too much accumulated junk in: C:\Documents and Setting...

show comments from my worksheet in my graph series
I have selected the columns to graph from my worksheet. one column has comments but they don't show on my chart ...

Create address list based on the Group Membership of user
Hello ! In exchange 2003 was posiible to create an address list based on the Group Membership of user as article ID 321723 in KB Microsoft describes. We are trying to do the same on Exch 2007. How can we do this using Opath syntax ? What exactely is the command for the dynamic custom filtering? Thank you very much Paolo & Corrado memberOf Attribute can now be used in OPATH filters! http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/memberof-attribute-can-now-be-used-in.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------------...

error message when trying to send email to users in same admin gro
All, I've joined a 2003 ent. exch. server to a 5.5 site. Upon migrating a test user to 2003 and trying to send mail to the 5.5 users, I get this error "user on 7/21/2005 4:11 PM The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again.The MTS-ID of the original message is:c=US;a= ;p=XXXX;l=XXXXXXX-050721211119Z-4 MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:XXXX:XXXXXXX" Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance. Dan ...

Printing on different size paper
I'm using Publisher 2000 and I don't know how to print on a 5x7 piece of paper. I've configured the tray on the printer for 5x7 paper, but don't know where to do it in the program. Thanks! The same place you would for many other Microsoft Office programs. File - Page Setup. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "efg20" <efg20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32D34648-D8FE-4D2C-9CF9-A4DCE425FBB4@microsoft.com... > I'm using Publisher 2000 and I don't know how to print on a 5x7 piece of > paper. I've configured t...

Standard chart types over-ridden by user-defined 'default'
Excel 2002, Chart Wizard, all of the standard and built in custom chart types have been over-ridden with one of my user-defined chart types which has appeared in the list as "Default". Whatever system-defined type I select I get a mangled version of the user-defined chart called default. On the standard types tab the option to select a default type has gone altogether and there does not seem to be an option to delete any of the user defined entries. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office without success. How can I reset this part of Excel? Hi, You delete user def...

Excel 2000 file reacts differently in Excel 2010
I have a spreadsheet that reacts as expected in Excel 2000 but differently in 2010. The spreadsheet is generated from an Excel 2000 template. The sheet is protected, allowing input into restricted parts of the sheet. In Excel 2000, by repeatedly hitting 'tab', I can jump from one field to the next and when I get to the last unlocked field, the next 'tab' will take me back to the top of the sheet. This is all as expected. In Excel 2010 everything reacts the same way until I get to a group of merged cells towards the bottom of the sheet (B49:P56). Once the focus is at th...

Data Bind with a Graph / Chart Object
Hello How do I go about binding data to a Graph or Chart Object using publisher 2007. I am trying to do a mail merge and would like a chart object to show up using the same data that I am pulling in from my database connection. Thank you! Take a look at catalog merge. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "perkins2099" <perkins2099@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AE803C1-1FB8-40A0-BA65-90B38...

Multiple users on single PC
To the group: We have three email accounts (3 users) for a single non-networked PC using Windows XP Professional. 1) Would creating three User Profiles allow each user to access their email in Outlook? 2) Does anyone know how to change the location of the default mail .pst file? We would like to (eventually) have two more PCs and a "file server" (on a peer-to-peer network). How would we change the default location of the .pst file to the "file server?" Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated. Thank you. John >We have three email accounts (3 users) for a single ...

Location of "Switch User" graphics?
Where does windows store the graphics used for the "Switch User" graphic (not the user pictures, but the actual button that says "switch user") ? Thanks, "+Bob+" <nomailplease@example.com> wrote in message news:g07ar5tvdv8juh3q0gvke5gi6g0u8ja0sk@4ax.com... > Where does windows store the graphics used for the "Switch User" > graphic (not the user pictures, but the actual button that says > "switch user") ? > > Thanks, > I doubt that you'll find what you're looking for. The object (button wi...

See these corrective patch
--wiunvgbmkndviqzg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ppjrsdotaymubgo"; type="multipart/alternative" --ppjrsdotaymubgo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="oraajjghun" --oraajjghun Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to pro...