XML to Excel 97?

Hello,

I have a .xml-file and I need the data in Excel 97. Excel reads th
xml-file like a text-file but I just need the variables. Maybe someon
knows an Add-on or a macro for that?

Thanks in advance

cu zipm

--
zipm
zipme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1683

Formatting of Excel OLEs in Word is messed up after updating links
I have a Word document with multiple Excel objects pasted and linked to their source files. Every time I try to update any of them, they revert to their original size they had when I first pasted them in, instead of the formatting I applied afterward. I've tried to fix this by editing the links, but the "Preserve formatting after update" box is greyed out on all of them. Is there another way to force these objects NOT to revert to original size every time I update? The way it is now sort of defeats the whole purpose of linking them in the first place. ...

Problems with loading xml from XmlTextWriter
I use an XmlTextWriter to generate xml data. The declaration is: System.Text.StringBuilder sb = new System.Text.StringBuilder(); System.IO.StringWriter sw = new System.IO.StringWriter(sb); XmlTextWriter w = new XmlTextWriter(sw); And I write to it using .... w.WriteElementString("foo","bar"); When the creation is done, I need to load it into DOM to select an XmlNode or an XmlElement to apply to another method (which I cannot control). I thought I could do it with: XmlDocument xDoc = new XmlDocument(); xDoc.Load(sb.ToString()); XmlNode node = xDoc.SelectSingleNode(&...

XML as a database that can be written to
Has anyone had any luck using XML as a database that not only can be read, but also written to? What features are available in .NET to do this? I need to do all of this from a Web based application. Am I thinking File System Object? Thanks. mjc wrote: > Has anyone had any luck using XML as a database that not only can be read, > but also written to? That's doable, but you better use real database instead. XML wasn't meant to be used as a database, it's just a data format. -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP] http://blog.tkachenko.com Yes, it can be done and I think its an id...

in excel how can we put formula to convert numericalfigureto word
for example : in excel i have mention 25000.00 in numerical amount , i want to know how can i convert in next colum , about word ?/; How can i put formula to make the numerical in to words like 25000 in numerical to twenty five thousands in word. There is no direct functions to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the below links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "excel" wrote: > for example : > > in excel i hav...

How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 ve.
How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 versus the square root of 7? try the formula =7^(1/10). HTH Alan P. "kestig1" <kestig1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99C16AB7-8BD6-4671-B138-5F2961E46067@microsoft.com... > How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 versus the > square root of 7? ...

Creating a Microsoft Words document from an existing Excel spreads
Hi all, I need your kind guidance on how to create a new microsoft words document using an existing excel spreadsheet? At present, I have an excel spreadsheet, say "data.xls" containing data for example 6 fields such as COMPANY NAME, DATE, ITEM1, ITEM2, ITEM,3 & QUOTATION TOTAL. Under these 6 fields are some records of my customers. COMPANY NM DATE ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 QUOTATION TTL ---------------- ------- -------- ------- -------- ------------------- ABC Limited 3 Apr xxxxx xxxxx ...

excel 2002 crashes
Hi, When i try to add a control to a from in Excel VBA using the function OLEObjects.Add, Excel 2002 crashes. Well, i have found the solution to the problem which is that before adding the control I set the EnableEvents property to false. Then everything works fine. The reason for my post is that, this same problem does not happen in Excel 2000, it happens only in Excel 2002.. Any idea why this is so ? Please help!!! Thanks & Regards, Veena. ...

Formulas in Excel using [R-1] not A10 references
I converted a Word document into Excel 2003 and when creating formulas,they are formatted as the cell the formula is in plus or minus a number of rows or columns. An example: =SUM (R[-4]C:R[-1]C). I would like to see these formulas in the regular format referencing Row and Column number i.e. =Sum A1:V52 Tools >Options, the General tab, uncheck R1C1 reference style "Drregion" wrote: > I converted a Word document into Excel 2003 and when creating formulas,they > are formatted as the cell the formula is in plus or minus a number of rows or > columns. An example...

Problem inserting delta symbol into Excel
Dear Group, Hello. I recently posted a question related to the issue of putting a mu (=B5) symbol into MS Excel charts. Someone kindly suggested using the Alt-numeric code (alt-0181) to place this symbol into the spreadsheet cell which then showed up nicely in the chart. However, when I try to do this same operation using alt+ NumPad 68 (susposed to give the delta symbol), all I get is a capital D. What gives? Why does one symbol work and not the other? I even downloaded the program QuickKeys from SourceForge.net and this still did not solve the problem. Any ideas?? Thank you....

excel fillin color
Fill-in color does not show on worksheet while working on the sheet only in the preview Have I turned off a switch or what needs to be done? Hi The high contrast setting may be turned on. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ron" <roncyn@bresnan.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#Ro$W7fOEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Fill-in color does not show on worksheet while working on the sheet only in > the pr...

convert text in excel to uppercase
Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all uppercase? In VBA Editor Sub MakeUpper() Dim MySht As Worksheet, MyCell As Range For Each MySht In ThisWorkbook.Sheets For Each MyCell In MySht.UsedRange.Cells MyCell = UCase(MyCell) Next Next End Sub "elaine" wrote: > Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all > uppercase? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "elaine" <elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> s...

Save as Excel from Master Project
I am trying to export from a master project with about 8 sub- projects. When I try and export from the master to excel, it does not include certain text fields. Why? Any work arounds? I need the text field (name) to use the excel sheet. How are you exporting? Data lives in the sub-projects, not the master. However, try expanding all sub-projects and try again Not all custom fields roll up to the sub-project tasks, so their data is not available in the master. For this and other reasons (including no risk of file corruption) I usually create new masters every week but no...

Excel link update question
I need to maintain an excel workbook which contains a lot of links to other workbooks. Since the linked workbooks change every week, I need to change all the links accordingly. For example, a cell with formula "='[aug_28.xls]sheet1' !A10" will be changed into "='[sep_4.xls]sheet1'!A10". I tried to do this with Find/Replace. However, the link is updated every time it is changed. The link updating takes a couple of seconds. So it may take a hour to finsh it for a workbook with thousands of links. Could anyone tell me how to shut down the link updating when...

What exactly is office, excel, and encarta?
Office is a collection of programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access. Excel is a spreadsheet program that is included in the Office collection. Encarta is an encyclopedia, dictionary, and thesaurus. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Samantha" <Samantha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11F2ABDE-D337-44AC-9A93-EDB079460BD1@microsoft.com... > ...

Excel 2003
How can I tell Excel NOT to round up when it calculates? Click Tools menu, choose Options Choose Calculation tab Check "Precision as Displayed" "Peppermint" wrote: > How can I tell Excel NOT to round up when it calculates? Excel does *not* round up, unless you tell it to so in the formula, like with the ROUNDUP() function. It may seem that it rounds (not UP, just plain round); because no more digits fit in the column width or because you told Excel (via Formatting) not display more than a certain number of digits. "In the background" there is still an ...

how to format and print labels from an excel file
I have an excel list of people with 12 cells of information. I want to format and print "name tags" (labels?) using only the information in four cells. How can I do this? You can print labels in Excel but formatting can be a problem. Best to use Word for the mailmerge operation and select the 4 labels to print during the setup in Word. For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm And a t...

Comments in Excel #2
When you create a comment the font and size defaults to "Tahoma", "8". Is there a way of changing the default font and size for comments so that when you create comments after changing the default they will all be the font and size that you set as the default. eg. "Arial", "10". You can change the default font size: Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK or use a macro to insert a comment with specific f...

CHECK BOX CONTROL USING EXCEL 2000
I am working on a worksheet that has over 2300 rows. I would like to have one field on each row to contain a true or false value. I'd like to have a check box being referenced to each cell. I'd like to be able to copy the control and have it maintain a relative cell value in the link cell property. Right now when I copy the control to the other 2,300 rows, the link cell is a4 and every control uses the same value at a4. Cell a4 is the only cell that changes values when any check box is clicked. How do I conect the check box control to a specific/different cell without ma...

Excel deleting xml item problem
I have an excel macro (in an add-in) that is called by the main excel macro that is deleting various items in an xml file When it gets to the last line as below it generates the following message “An unhandled error occurred: Object variable or with block not set” the variable is dimensioned see Dim statement that I have copied here. This has worked for some time with no problem but suddenly out of the blue generates this error. I have tried replacing the xml file with a copy, also tried replacing the add-in with a copy (in case either have been corrupted). The error desc...

Validating a XML document with a XSD
I found code for validating XML documents with the XML Schema cashed for rapid access. Example 3: Validating with XMLSchemaCache. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm/xsd_devgd_hdi_validate_5zzn.asp This code seems not to be working no matter I do to fix it. I receive the following errors. Private Sub Form_Load() - Statement is not valid in a namespace Function ValidateFile(ByVal strXmlFile As String, ByVal strUrn As String, _ByVal strXsdFile As String - Statement is not in a valid Namespace. Sub Main was not found in 'XML_Valid_Test1.form1 - This project does not h...

Access 97 on Win XP ? Help ?
Hi, We have upgraded our PC from Win 98 SE to Win XP. Also changed to MS Office 2000. All went well, except the old Access 97 database that we had now gives us a strange message. I don't know Access at all, can anyone help me ? When I try to open the database in Access 2000, it wants us to convert or just open. Either option just says "The Visual Basic for Applications project in the database is corrupt" What does this mean, and how do I fix the problem. I tried installing MS Office 97 again, but this also does not work. Gives an error about objects. We would prefer t...

Export to Excel question
I have a project where I must export my OUTLOOK 2002 data to EXCEL regularly for manipulation in EXCEL. When the OUTLOOK data is exported, all of the OUTLOOK fields are included. However, I only need a few fields (name, address, phone number). So I have to do a lot of deleting of EXCEL columns that I do not need, after each export. I would like to create a template of some kind that would have Outlook only export the few fields I need, instead of all of the OUTLOOK data. Is this possible, and if so, how? ...

Open .jpg/picture file from link in excel
I am having issues opening a .jpg from a link that I have created in excel. Instead of opening the file in the default program (Irfanview), it opens it in IE7. When I find the file locally on my HD, it opens with the default viewer, but when I click the link I have made in excel (in a cell), it opens in IE7. Why? "Dano" <djleahy22@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184511407.019109.143140@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I am having issues opening a .jpg from a link that I have created in > excel. Instead of opening the file in the default program > (Irfanview),...

Sum
Hi, I just found this "feature" at Excel formulas today. Please, have a look at: http://danielgudang.multiply.com/journal/item/192 (in portuguese, but images show all) Let me explain: some cell C1 = sum (C2:C5) some cell D1 = sum (D2:D5) some cell E1 = sum (E2:E5) A1 = C1 - D1 - E1 B1 = C1 - (D1 + E1) A1 = B1 ??? Oh, not always! Sometimes A1 will be +0, sometimes -0. Really strange! It's a feature of any application that uses IEEE double precision floating point math (e.g., every commercial spreadsheet I know of). It's the result of having finite precision ...

How do I convert Excel 2007 Spreadsheet to Access 2007 database?
I used to be able to conver earlier versions of Excel spreadsheets to MS Access. How do you do this with Excel 2007 & Access 2007? Excel has never been automatically convertible. Import the Excel spreadsheet as an Access table then create new, empty tables in Access and import the data into them as needed. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "DaveG" <DaveG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD374AB9-1536-48AE-A776-5E342CDF1297@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to conver earlier vers...