Write Contents of TextBox to new Workbook

Hi,

I am trying to get a macro to write the contents of multiple textboxes to a
new workbook.  The idea is that the macro would open up a new workbook, write
the contents of the textbox to a named cell range and then save the new
workbook with the name of say range "A1" in the new workbook.  Is this
possible.

Many thanks as always.
--
Andy Tallent

New e-mail in Public folder
How can i configure my public folder to show new email notification like in the inbox ,ie INBOX(3) "shabha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:0cd301c4a17f $22920550$a301280a@phx.gbl: > How can i configure my public folder to show new email > notification like in the inbox ,ie INBOX(3) Adding it to favorites should do the trick. Or you can use a mailbox instead of a public folder. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com Thanks Arlo Moving it to favorites has done the trick, pl...

open file from WinExplorer in new window
is Currently when i open an Excel file from WinExplorer, it shows up on the task bar but not open in a window where i can see the worksheet. Can that be set to always open in a new window? I thought I saw that choice with some application recently. I have just upgraded to using MS Office Excel 2007. I am not quite clear on what you are trying to achieve but based from my understanding I think you want to open several excel files in different windows? If you do, apparently excel doesn't do that, it only opens one windows tih all the documents inside. Please let me kno...

new account welcome email
How can I suppress the Welcome to Outlook email on new accounts. ...

Copy data from one workbook to another workbook
I want to set up a new workbook using bits of data from existing workbooks. Say data from workbook 'A' cell c21 to new workbook 'C' cell h42, then from workbook 'B' cell f9 to new workbook 'C' cell h43 How do I do this? Copy and paste special as link or paste special as values if you don't want the link Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Dizzy Des" wrote: > I want to set up a new workbook using bits of data from existing workbooks. > Say data from workbook 'A' cell c21 to new workbook 'C' cell h42, > then from workbook 'B...

Excel fails to open specific workbook
Whenever one of the end users tries to open an excel file on the serve it comes up with the following error: "EXCEL.exe generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You wil need to restart the program. An error log is being created." Running excel in safe mode, "excel.exe /safe", lets me view the fil just fine, and if I log that user off and log on under my username o her PC it lets me view the file with no problems. Is there something can change to the user profile to fix this problem? Recreating the fil has not been a sucessful venture. On a side note, where the h...

Public Folder Content Tab Error
In 2003 Exchange Admin, when you select the content tab on a public folder, it brings up an SSL certificate error (SSL is installed on the server for OWA). Is it trying to use IE to view it? Thanks. You only need to enable SSL on the Exchange virtual directory, sounds like you have it enabled on the Public directory as well, remove SSL from the Public virtual directory and see if that fixes it. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Randy Faulkner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1877901c44b...

Playing a macro from another workbook
I have a workbook that contains a macro I need to run on a large number of other workbooks. Is it possible to play a macro from another workbook on the current workbook with out copying either the data or the macro manually? I've found that if I open the workbook containing the macro, and then open one of the "target" workbooks, I can open the Run Macro dialog box in the target workbook and all macros in both workbooks are displayed if "All Open Workbooks" is selected in the "Macros in:" field on the Macro dialog. However if I select the macro I n...

Best Practice on Ex-employees
I administer Exchange but only have an inherated Exchange 5.5. server and will like to know what is the best practice for ex-employees. When a person leaves what do yo do with their mailbox? Then... What do you do when people ask you for their Email files? I know there are several options like exporting their mailbox to a pst but I want to know YOUR tactic!! the BEST PRACTICE ! you implement on your experience. Thank you for helping me go up the stairs one step at a time.... that really would depend on policies set by your upper management and/or your HR department...if they wish to reta...

Notification of new email to external address
Due to the sensitivity of some emails, company policy is that we do not forward emails to users with external email addresses automatically. I need to find a way to send a notification of new email to employees that are offsite without forwarding the email they received. Can this be done and how? Various paging software or wireless devices could help you out. Blackberry or Smartphones if you need to deliver the message. "Tony Caudill" <Tony Caudill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD08D1D0-EAA5-4064-B995-E97341AACAF5@microsoft.com... > Due to the sens...

Move/Migrate 7.5 To New machine
I'm a sysadmin spearheading the migration/move of a GP 7.5 installation to a new Win2K server (SQL Server 2000, of course). Right now we do not have a GP consultant to help us with this. I would like some tips/experiences of others who have done this. Do you really need a consultant to help. (And if you are a GP consultant, please tell me why we need you!) We also have two allied apps to move: Xpede and WorkforceROI. Any experiences you might having moving/replicating these apps along with GP would be helpful. Many thanks! Rich I just did this migration a week ago. First, there is a ...

How to keep a running total on a col that has frequent new entires
Hello all. This is my first post in the excel groups, so I was not sure which group would be most appropriate for my question (so please forgive the crosspost). I want to do something that seems so simple, but I have not yet figured out how to best do it. I will be entering several fields of data such that a1 - b1 = c1 with subsequent rows entered as data becomes available such that the next row would be a2 - b2 = c2, and so on. I want a total of column 'C' such that every day when I enter a row of new data that the total of all entries in column 'C' moves down as new...

How can I test the text content of a cell
I wish to create a logical test - an IF statement that tests whether a cell contains H, M or L, and output the result as a number. I cannot get the IF statement to recognise text as true or false - my Excel 2007 gives an error when I try to do something like IF(E9=H ....) is there a way to do this? =IF(E9="H" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:43:01 -0700, catefaulkes <catefaulkes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I wish to create a logical test - an IF statement that tests whether a cell >contains H, M or L, and output the result as ...

Duplex printing separate worksheets in the same workbook
Can anyone tell me how to set up configuration (if possible) to print worksheets in the same workbook duplexed on the printer. I have tried settings in the page setup and with the printer and so far have had no luck. any ideas? Tim ...

How to write event for WM_CHAR?
I have an old application I wrote with MSVC5 that has an handler for WM_CHAR. This works. I created a new MFC MDI application/project in MSVC7 and created a handler for WM_CHAR. I could not get it to coorperate. The handler is simply never called. I created similar event handlers for WM_LBUTTONDOWN and WM_KEYDOWN they worked. What is different about WM_CHAR? Siegfried What class did you put it in? What class was it in? joe On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:55:38 -0600, "Siegfried Heintze" <siegfried@heintze.com> wrote: >I have an old application I wrote with MSVC5 that has ...

no vista recovery disc
Hi I have a acer aspire 9301 awsmi, and have just had to replace the hard drive. I have no restore / recovery discs. Do i have to purchase a new edition of window vista and new licence? Or can i use a different recovery disc? A friend has a Samsung r60, will these discs work or just give problems? Thanks -- frank1234 On Apr 14, 5:47=A0pm, frank1234 <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote: > Hi > > I have a acer aspire 9301 awsmi, and have just had to replace the hard > drive. > > I have no restore / recovery discs. > > Do i have to purc...

Data Source Issues After Moving ReportServer DB to new server
Our report developers had created RDLs and posted to Report Manager. Then in Report Manager, reports data source is changed to point to a single new datasource set up in Report Manager. Now we have migrated Report Server database to new server using backup\restore (not RSScripter) but reports now generate error An error has occurred during report processing. Cannot create a connection to data source 'XXX'. The XXX data source is seen in the .rdl file. It seems that reports revert back to data source that was set up when developers designed reports in BIDS. Is ...

using charts to read off new data
I've created a chart with a linear trendline as a standard graph. I would like to use the trendline to read the x values for new data (y- values). Is there a function that can do this and how can it be done without altering the original graph. Use worksheet functions. Any of the following will do - Slope and Intercept - Forecast - LinEst - Trend Jerry HKD wrote: > I've created a chart with a linear trendline as a standard graph. > I would like to use the trendline to read the x values for new data > (y- values). Is there a function that can do this and how ca...

Graph on new Sheet fills Sheet
I print a graph on a new Sheet. The first instance the graph fills the full surface available, and I can adjust the plot area within for the proper aspect ratio. On second instance the graph fills horizontally but leaves gray space above and below. I can still adjust the aspect ratio, but since I start with a graph that has less vertical size I do not get the max size graph. How can I force the Chart Area to fill up the available space? Thanks Pierre Pierre - You might try fixing the chart this way. Go to Page Setup (File menu), click on the Chart tab, and select the Use Full Page option....

New page in multi column report
I have a report that prints in 3 columns. In one of my Group Footers I have a Page Break, but it only seems to force a new column, not a new page. Can anyone tell me how to force a new page? I'm sure I found an example previously somewhere showing how this is done, but I can't find it anymore. Thanks, Richard ...

Moving an Exchange Server to a new office, different subnet and IP
I need to find the simplest way to move an exchange server to a new location, with the least amount of down time. 1 thought is to create a redundat server at the new location, replicate the data in then take down old, ship to the new location, and bring it back up, then probobly taking one down, or making one a front-end, the othe a back-end. The new location is already linked in over a WAN, however they are on a different subnet At this point I am very open to suggestions, any will do Thank you for your time... How fast is your WAN? How much data do you have to move? What do you mean...

how do i open Excel program without loading a new worksheet?
Create a shortcut on your desktop (or whereever you want) that looks like: "C:\msoffice\Office10\EXCEL.EXE" /e Rightclick on the desktop select new select shortcut browse for excel.exe (mine was under: C:\msoffice\Office10, yours may not be) And add that space slash e to the end of the command Then use that shortcut to start excel. mElissA wrote: -- Dave Peterson http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm Recently, this has been occurring more and more. I'll bet that somewhere, someone, or something (publication - web site), is recommending this type of post....

Converting leads to accounts always creates a new account
Hiya, when we convert a lead to an account (and contact at the same time in case that's relevant), it always creates a new account even when one with the exact same name already exists. Is there something we could do to prevent that (i.e. add the contact to an existing account when the Company Name name matches an existing account)? We're mostly converting leads in bunches, using a marketing list, so it's difficult to first check if the accounts already exist one by one... TIA, Antti Kurenniemi You can use a plug-in registered on the pre-create message of the account e...

Getting all records with same name passed from a textbox
Hello, How do i get all records based on the name a customer enters in a textbox from a form Let say in the query i do %betty% - this will return all records with betty partly in it. I am trying to replicate the same based on a value passed from the form How do i get the same result using Like ([Forms]![Main]![txt_exis_pt_name]) - this gives me only one record how do i replicate the same result which gives me all records like when i did %betty% from query design? Thanks for your help. Try: Like * & ([Forms]![Main]![txt_exis_pt_name]) & * That might jus...

New install of windows xp, contacts on other HD
I had to reinstall my OS due to new chipset on my computer (new motherboard :>) anyways my old mail which I had saved in the drafts folder as well as my addressbook can not be accessed? I should have exported them before I installed the new motherboard but I did not think my os would need reinstalling. Anyways is there a way to find the specific files containing the mail and addressbook and import them into the outlook. I have outlook 2002 installed. Thanks See my reply to your earlier post. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably...

new exchange 2003 mail boxes do not show in global address list
Hi there We are running Exchange 2003 on Win2k SP4 in a Windows 2000 domain. We installed SP1 for Exchange 2003 last week. After creating a new user account via AD, and creating and Exchange Mail Box, the user does not appear in the global address list. I get error 9562 in the Exchange App log "Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountControl from Active Directory for /O=Pongrass Group Operations/OU=PGO/cn=Recipients/cn=username." When I tried to move the mail box, just for the heck of it, I got an error 1022 "Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox St...