Wrapped text is not displaying in Excel

Suddenly wrapped text is not displaying in Excel. I can select the cell and
see the text in the function bar that it is in the cell and if I turn off
wrapping it displays. None of this text is very long. Thoughts?
0
18000rpm (2)

How long is not very long?

If it's a little long <bg>, you could add alt-enters (to force a new line within
the cell) every 80 to 100 characters.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Thanks

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> How long is not very long?
>
> If it's a little long <bg>, you could add alt-enters (to force a new line within
> the cell) every 80 to 100 characters.
>

> 18000rpm wrote:
> >
> > Suddenly wrapped text is not displaying in Excel. I can select the cell and
> > see the text in the function bar that it is in the cell and if I turn off
> > wrapping it displays. None of this text is very long. Thoughts?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
18000rpm (2)
1/10/2006 10:00:02 PM
How about just making the row height larger--so you can see more????

--

Dave Peterson
0

PDF Table to Excel Spreadsheet
This has been asked in numerous places all over the web but I have not found a workable solution. We have a mainframe system that generates PDF reports for billing. However, few people in our organization these days speak mainframe. We need Excel to do calculations on the data. I began working on a method for converting using UEdit Macros and an Excel macro because the fields are fixed-width. My attempts have been unsuccessful. Here is what I want to accomplish: -Copy a region of text from a PDF -Paste into Excel -Break the values out into the appropriate cells. http://www.google.com/sea...

Excel Drop Down Boxes #2
Question; does anybody know how to add additional data to a previous drop down box? I have created a form that has several drop down boxes a while ago, and due to some information that has been change I need to input more info in the drop down boxes but for some odd reason I cant remember how I executed these actions!! If it helps I am using Excel 2000. -- CRS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CRS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27444 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46...

How to execute Macros through Text Links?
Hi There, can anybody help me out is above problem?? I need to execute a macro written in VBA, through Text Hyperlink. I can access a macro through any object, but how could I do this with text links? please guys, it is urgent. -- Sheikh Saadi ...

Charts from columns of text #2
I can create charts from data that takes the form of numbers but can't work out how to do bar charts when there's text, e.g. the following: Column A has 30 cells that contain either 'Patient', 'Relative' or 'MP'. I want a bar chart that has these labels along the bottom and the number of times they occur up the side. Column B has the same number of cells and contains either 'Upheld', Not upheld', 'Withdrawn' or 'Pending'. I want a bar chart that shows how many times the column B categories occur for each category in column...

Varying Column Widths for Text Import
Hi all, I have limited experience with VBA, so I decided to seek some help here. I need to import a text file into Excel, it does not contain commas, nor special characters. I have 3 different layouts given to me by the user, for example Format 1: Field 1. 3 chars Field 2. 20 chars Field 3. 13 chars So the 3 different layouts have different column widths. The text file is such that it loops from Format 1 (1 line) to Format 2 (20++ lines) to Format 3 (10+ lines) and then back to Format 1. The only way to identify which format each line belongs to, is to search for certain positions whe...

Use of wildcards to find text in e-mail
The following extract from "Microsoft Outlook Help" describes the usage of * and ? as wildcards to search for text in e-mail messages. It does'nt work on my machine which is loaded with Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional on a military base. Can someone help me make it work? Our MCOM LAN administrators don't know very much. Use complex search criteria to find files: When you click Files in the Look for box (on the Advanced Find dialog box) to search for files on your computer or a network, you can use complex search criteria in the Named and Search for the wor...

How do I use excel names with INDIRECT with charts
Hello, I want to create a Chart that does not directly reference cell-ranges (i.e. A1:A6), but excel-names that make the reference sheet-independent. My aim is to be able to copy one chart to other worksheets, which have their dataareas at the same places like the source-sheet. Problem: This works fine in cells but not in charts Excel name definition: =INDIRECT("R3C2";0):INDIRECT("R3C5";0) Any idea about this? Thanks in advance, Holger. You have to include the sheet name in the final formula that you want XL to use. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.co...

Can i display an Icon on a toolbar?
Hello, I'm building a toolbar but i do not want to manualy draw the buttons. Instead i want to be able to display prebuilt ICONs there. Can this be done? How do i proceed? Many thanks You should be able to do it by simply adding a CStatic on the toolbar and placing bitmap/icon on it. Following article shows how to add controls to the toolbar: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/toolbar/placingcontrolsintoolbars/article.php/c2547/ ------------------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> wrote in message news:<eMRs7FziEHA.636@TK...

hide hidden text from viewing
This is very confusing! Where is the option to turn off the viewing of hidden text in the document? I selected a number of hidden text and now I cannot turn it off so that others do not see it. I would recommend that your new version of Word includes something useful and easy to find in this regard! Thanks. There are (at least) two ways to unHide the Hidden Text: (1) with the Show Non-Printing Characters command (Ctrl-Shift-8, or the paragraph- symbol button on your toolbar or ribbon) and (2) a check-box in the View Options. If (2) is on, (1) won't override it. On ...

text date to date format
I have column filled with: 'Apr 3 2005 4:37PM And I need to change it to: 04/03/05 4:37PM How do I get a textual date column into a sortable date/time column? I'm having problems because it sorts everything by alpha then numeric. For example, I have "Apr 15, 2005" before "Aug 10, 2003". I need to get these sorted by year, month, day...not alphabetically. Thanks in advance for your help! you are right: the filter is not a time but a alpha sort you may change the cell format or copy the value in an other cell and put the new format in the new column. ...

extracting numbers from free form text field
Is there any easy way to extract numbers from a free form text field? For example: 123 abc def abc 456 def abc def 789 The results I'm looking for are: 123 456 789 The alpha characters and the numbers are randomly disbursed in th field :confused: . I'm looking for one cool formula that would extrac the number from the field whereever the number resides within the field Thanks in advance. landmar -- landmar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- landmark's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1509 View this ...

Excel
i use Excel with office xp. i have a form we have made that requires client Name, Address, Phone, Fax etc etc etc... currently i keep all those contacts within my outlook contacts... is there a way i can type in the client business name in that cell, and have excel do one of the following: autofill with available address, phone, fax, PC, City/Town, contact... or... give me a choice of available contact... keep in mind, the Address, Phone, Fax, PC, City, Contact Name are all different rows and colums... Any thoughts Big One method....... Export your Contacts from Outlook as a *.CSV f...

Excel VB Code Error
I am trying to create a .csv file from an Excel workbook using a VB module and am wondering if someone can tell me what's wrong with the below code: Public Sub CSV2() Application.DisplayAlerts = False Sheets.Add ActiveSheet.Name = "Temp_10001" For Each ws In Worksheets If ws.Name <> "Temp_10001" Then ws.UsedRange.Copy Sheets("Temp_10001").Range("A1").Activate x = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count If x > 1 Then ActiveCell.Offset(x, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpec...

Problems saving excel file from outlook
I have an EU that whenever he saves an excel file from outlook, it will rename the file (by adding the number "2" at the end of the file "file2.xls") and it also changes all the embedding links in the document. (The embedding link of F:\users\file.xls changes to c:\documents and settings\file.xls) Are you setting a Hyperlink base for your links? See Menu > File > Property > Summary tab. Put the original folder location there and when you move or save the file the links will not be renamed. Also assigning a letter to the drive can cause problems (not ...

Text doesn't fit in the top shape of pyramid diagram
I created just simple daigram by using pyramid diagram. However, the words seem don't fit in the top shape of this diagram. Is there anyway so that I can adjust the size of each shape so that my text will fit in the shape? >I created just simple daigram by using pyramid diagram. However, the words > seem don't fit in the top shape of this diagram. Is there anyway so that > I > can adjust the size of each shape so that my text will fit in the shape? Which version of PowerPoint? The easiest way will be to resize the whole pyramid. Or to use less text. ...

Excel tab as windows
Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open another tab as a smaller window that is always on top. So I can enter information in both tabs without having to minimize, maximize, or switch back & forth? Thanks C. Fillmore Hi you could align the windows so you can see both at the same time. But a 'always on top' option does not exist AFAIK -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany surveyorinva wrote: > Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open > another tab as a smaller window that is always on top. So I can > enter in...

Adjusting Text box size
In Access 2007, after creating a form using the wizard, all of the text boxes created for entering data are the same size. When I try to adjust the width of one, they all change width. How can I unlock or change this feature? I have deleted a box, and then re-added it. This sometimes works -- however if you get the size close to the size of the other boxes, it “locks in” again. I appreciate all sincere answers. Ron ah yes....a new feature in 07... in Design View; select the 'Arrange' tab then on the left side of my ribbon is: Tabular Stacked Remove You want t...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

Display value of cell
Using Excel 2000 In a cell the formula shows instead of the value/result, how do I correct this? I want to see the formula. Reply to kdfoxca@yahoo.com Thanks. Are all formulas cells show the formulas or just one? Maybe you have a space before the = (Excel think it is text now) Or your cell is format as text -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Kenya" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:050b01c3942b$e28b7240$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Using Excel 2000 > In a cell the formula shows instead of the value/resul...

how do i search an excel sheet for links to another spreadhseet?
Is there a Find function that allows me to look for links in a sheet? When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm Flutie99 wrote: > > Is there a Find function that allows me to look for links in a sheet? -- Dave Peterson ...

Excel Reader scroll bar???
I'm using an Excel viewer to read e-mail attachments from my home office. I don't have Excel installed on my machine, only the viewer. Often I do not have the horizontal scroll bar. I have tried maximizing the window and still no luck. Any solutions for this? Thanks ...

Number to text conversion ......HELP
Dear Friend.. I need help in converting formula calculation ( Number or Currency ) into Text EQ. Result = 2,500.00 converting to .....two thousand five hundred.. Thanks Check http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm at "The Access Web" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Eko Hery" <eko@megaenterprise.com> wrote in message news:BCD8B0CE.1D8%eko@megaenterprise.com... > Dear Friend.. > I need help in converting formula calculation ( Number or Currency ) into > Text > > EQ. Result = 2,500.00 con...

data extraction from excel
I need to pull information from one collumn. If the collumn is comprised of yes's and no's, can excel create a list of just the yes's? Try something like this: Assuming your list is in A1:B100, with A1: Question B1: Response C1: Response C2: Yes D1: Question (the same col heading as A1) E1: Response (the same col heading as B1) Select your list (A1:B100) Data>Filter>Advanced Filter List Range: (already selected) Criteria Range: C1:C2 Click the [OK] button to filter the list in place. OR To copy the matching records to another area: Click: Copy to another location Copy...

batch importing of mailing lists to Excel
I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then have to individually copy & paste (or type) all the info in three Excel columns? Or is there a simpler solution for batch importing of mailing lists to the Excel spreadsheet? "bgsignal" wrote: > I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and > Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> > Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then ...

Excel Slooooow. It takes 4 to 6 seconds to perform each input or command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Excel 2008 on a new installation of Snow Leopard and it does not work properly. It takes ages to register every input or command, like a large Lag. <br><br>EG. each figure or text, input into cells takes 4 seconds from hitting enter to accepting the input. Changing the width of a column takes 6 seconds from letting go of the mouse after dragging to the new width. etc etc. <br><br>I have checked for updates. Any ideas? > I have just installed Excel 2008 on a n...