Wrap text, Merge cells

I have merged 2 cells in a column, wrapped the text.
There are actually 20 rows of data ( sentences) in one cell
After the 18th row within that merged cell the data is no longer visible.
Is there a limit to how high a cell can be ( mine is at 350, but can be made
a whole lot large, not that the data is visible though) or how many "rows"
wihin a merged and wrapped cell are possible?

Stumped in IN.
thanks for any info on this subject

0
ufopilot (81)

A row's height (with or without merged cells) cannot exceed 409.  Also, a
cell can display only about 1000 characters even though it can hold over
32000.

--
Jim
"ufo_pilot" <ufopilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have merged 2 cells in a column, wrapped the text.
| There are actually 20 rows of data ( sentences) in one cell
| After the 18th row within that merged cell the data is no longer visible.
| Is there a limit to how high a cell can be ( mine is at 350, but can be
made
| a whole lot large, not that the data is visible though) or how many "rows"
| wihin a merged and wrapped cell are possible?
|
| Stumped in IN.
| thanks for any info on this subject

0
jrrech (1932)
8/17/2005 8:10:35 PM
If you add alt-enters every 80-100 characters, you'll be able to see more than
that documented 1000 characters.

You may have to adjust the rowheight manually (or even change the font size) to
see more.

ufo_pilot wrote:

> I have merged 2 cells in a column, wrapped the text.
> There are actually 20 rows of data ( sentences) in one cell
> After the 18th row within that merged cell the data is no longer visible.
> Is there a limit to how high a cell can be ( mine is at 350, but can be made
> a whole lot large, not that the data is visible though) or how many "rows"
> wihin a merged and wrapped cell are possible?
>
> Stumped in IN.
> thanks for any info on this subject

--

Dave Peterson