worksheet tabs 01-06-10

Hi

In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically
go in alphabetical order-- or do you have to do in manually?
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Ruth,

Use this code:

Sub ArrangeSheetsInOrder()
Dim iCount As Integer
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
iCount = Sheets.Count
For i = 1 To iCount - 1
For j = i + 1 To iCount
If Sheets(j).Name < Sheets(i).Name Then
Sheets(j).Move Before:=Sheets(i)
End If
Next j
Next i
End Sub

"Ruth" wrote:

> Hi
>
> In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically
> go in alphabetical order-- or do you have to do in manually?
> --
> Thank-you!
> Ruth
You can do it with code. See www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.aspx

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
[email on web site]

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 07:08:01 -0800, Ruth
<Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically
>go in alphabetical order-- or do you have to do in manually?
0
Chip

combining tabs through drop downs
I'm not even sure if this is possible, or how easy/difficult it would be, but if someone could at least tell me where to look or what I need to start researching to be able to do this it would be great. Basically, I want to take a workbook that has 10 tabs - each of the tabs has similar formatting, but different info. What I want to do is combine it all onto a single tab and use a drop down to select what info is viewable. ie - rather than having tabs for june, july, and august, those would be drop down choices. Keeping in mind that the info for each is similar in formatting, but not e...

Tab control question about updates
Searched but couldn't see this discussed. I have a form with 5 tabs. Data can be loaded three ways, manually entered, imported from a text file, and imported from a Word template. On one of the tabs (the second) when the user enters information such as a social sec. number (SSN) that matches a file already in the system, a flag goes off and alerts the user. Works fine. On the import functions, the data is loaded and appears correctly, but when the user moves to the second tab where the SSN number appears, it does not set off the flag when the page opens. I can make it happen with a c...

coucou 01-09-08
Mon peti zoro gros bisou ma ch�rie bonne nuit ...

Seperating worksheets
I have a workbook with about 15 worksheets in it. Is there a quick way to automatically seperate all 15 into single workbooks. or do I have to go 1 by 1? Thanks, Steve Hi Steve Try this macro It will save each sheet in a seperte wornook in C:\ Sub test() Dim a As Integer Dim wb As Workbook Application.ScreenUpdating = False For a = 1 To ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Count ThisWorkbook.Sheets(a).Copy Set wb = ActiveWorkbook wb.SaveAs "C:\" & wb.Sheets(1).Name & ".xls" wb.Close False Set wb = Nothing Next a ...

Powerpoint 2007 Excel import change tab
Hi, The situation is as follows: Powerpoint template needs to import data from specific fields from within a tab in excel. This tab name changes depending on the client. Using the "paste Special" i can get the info imported fine. The part i have a problem with is changing the name of the tab to import different data.Powerpoint doesn't have an option under "Prepare>Edit Links To file" If anyone can suggest a solution even a macro to prompt the user to enter the name of the new sheet they want to pull the data from. The Execl file does not change ...

How to automatically rearrange data on a worksheet.
Hi all. I am a noob when it comes to Excel, so I hope there is some of yo gurus who can help me out with a probably trivial problem. Thing is, I have a program that automatically logs data to a CSV file All the data is added sequentally to the file. If I open it with Excel it looks like this: Code ------------------- VarName TimeString VarValue Test_tag_00 20-10-2005 13:41 1 Test_tag_01 20-10-2005 13:41 2 Test_tag_02 20-10-2005 13:41 3 Test_tag_03 20-10-2005 13:41 4 Test_tag_00 20-10-2005 13:48 1 Test_tag_01 20-10-2005 13:48 2 Test_ta...

excel 06-05-10
I have a spread sheet and in it i have data validation tables when i finish picking from them and email the sheet i then want to clear the info in the tables but not the data validation table and not usr macro I'm not exactly sure about what you want to do, Is the whole range filled in with data validation in the cells to create your table or only part. If you can select all the cells with data validation then you can press delete on the keyboard to clear all the contents, but the data validation remains. Or if this is difficult because the data validation is dotted about the...

Bank Recon GP 10 problem
Hi We are a VAR that's upgraded one client to GP 10 and installed GP 10 for another new client, both on SQL 2000. In both cases there's an incorrect balance showing for Cashbook Balance field (cashbook maintenance screen) using the Bank Recon module. Also the cashbook balance is not re-calculated (recon screen) when "Incl Trans To Date" field is changed, for both clients. We can update the balance in Cashbook Master table (CM00100) in SQL but this doesn't solve the problem. Any suggestions? ...

Preventing extra Worksheets when drilling down in Pivots?
Is there a way to prevent the creation of a new worksheet for a drill down, unless I want it to stay in my workbook? it drives me nuts deleting all those extra worksheets that get automatically created everytime I double click on the data when I just to take a look. Thanks so much. Maybe you should use a Userrform with a combobox to store your lists. http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway "STILLA" wrote: > Is there a way to prevent the creation of a new worksheet for a drill down, > unless I want it to stay in my workbook? > > it drives me nuts deleti...

data entry on multiple worksheets
I have a book with one master worksheet and then several other worksheets with data from the master. Is it possible to have the data I enter or update on the master to automatically populate the correct information into the other worksheets, even though the other worksheets store the data on different rows than the master? Hi you could use cell links such as ='master sheet'!A1 in your target cells -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "diosdias" <diosdias@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A674ACB3-C5F7-477D-954E-561B85FF705E@microsoft.co...

Question #10
If possible... How do I get excel to change the color of a "grid" if I enter say specfic letter or word in it. Example. 800 columns by 800 rows All columns and rows are small as possible Each letter would mean something, and I would need the grid with tha letter to be a specifc color. To allow easy viewing of the information V = red R = grey H = blue So instead of filling in each color per grid myself, I would get exce to auto-fill Any help would be greatly appreciat -- dirtytongu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dirtytongue's Profi...

Setting Up Windows Mail 01-05-10
I am having trouble setting up windows mail. This is the message I get "The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'Work', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" I don't know what to enter when I go into accounts & properties. I have Time Warner Cable internet and I am working off of a laptop. "NormaH" <NormaH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B119C5BC-0455-4A2B-8346-FD86236D0F9C@microsoft.com... >I am having ...

Access reports 04-01-07
I have check boxes in an Access report. I am exporting the report as an rft file. When I do this, the captions for the check boxes show up, but the boxes themselves disappear. Is there some way to fix this problem? Thanks I assume you mean rtf and not rft. An answer given by Allen Browne on the subject: None of the graphical elements survive when you export in RTF (Word) or TXT (text) formats, so you lose the lines, check boxes, pictures, etc. If the recipient does not need to edit the report, you could use Snapshot format. The snapshot viewer is a free download for them: http:...

Split worksheet?
Hi guys - I have a problem with Excel and I don't know what the feature is called so please stay with me whilst I describe it! In the very top left of the sheet (beneath the Name Box) are two numbers in boxes side by side. They are labelled one and two, and when I click on them it either hides every-other line or shows them. There is a new bar down the left of the screen with + signs that you can click on to expand individual lines, or minus signs that you can click to hide them again. This happens when I export from the database I'm using to excel, and the data on the "sub"...

CRM Mobile Express Error 10-23-06
Hi, i installed CRM Mobile Express, it works almost fine. When access in any entity, example Opportunitties, it shows, but the opportunity details, send this error: Message: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. Stack trace: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.We...

Publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files in a mail m.
I am a student who is learning MS Publisher 2003. In mail merges, publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files. If you try to mail merge with a tdt file, the data appears as one column entry, making it impossible to sort by separate fields or insert separte fields as a formally formatted address block. Converting the file to a comma-delimited text file (comma separated values) solves the problem. The fields appear separately as they should in the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box, so that you can sort by separate fields and then set up a properly formatted address block. Pl...

Scheduling 05-13-10
Hi I'm trying to develop a system that will drag out a 16 week roster from a monthly (annual)schedule. I have seven worksheets, One illustrates an commencement of the week that the classes commence. The second details the week commencing& the days of that week (and is summarized into months, (eleven months are hidden) The third and forth sheets are the sixteen week roster for chefs and management students I have written a macro for this) The fifth sixth and seventh sheets are for trainer and room allocation My question is can a macro be written to recognize the date and f...

Default value 03-23-10
hello! I put in new form two fields of Date. when i set value in the first date i want the default value in the second date will be the value of the first date but i want can to change it. In the properties of the second date i put "=[FirstDate]" but when i am enter a value in the first he don't copy it to the second. I need it work from the properties! I think It must... what I can do? Hi, Try this: In the afterupdate event of txtFirst Date enter code as " txtDateSecond = txtDateFirst" Regards Kevin "piku" <piku@discussions.micr...

worksheets vs. templates
Hello, I am an excel newbie. I am using Excel 2000 and cannot find any templates installed on the system which I am using (which is a public system that I do not own). I would like to know what the difference is between an excel worksheet and an excel template. Thanks, John Goche A template is a workbook that you can use to create a certain look and feel for specific tasks, and when you open that template a new workbook is added with all of its attributes. -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "John Goche" <johngoche99@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:...

Excel 97 worksheet with macros won't open in Excel 2000
I've got a workbook saved in Excel 97 that has some embedded macros (not sure where-we don't really need them). When trying to open from Excel 2000, get error message "An error occurred while initializing the VBA libraries (126)" and the workbook won't open. Any ideas on how to make this work in 2000? Or maybe even find where the macros are and get rid of them? Thanks, Marion ...

Excel crashez every time i open a worksheet with formulas
I would apreciate your help, thank you. I have Windows Vista Businees x86, Microsoft Office Basic 2007. The problem first appeared when i reinstalled everything a few days ago. The steps i took are the folowing: Format c: -> Reinstal Vista(internet cabe unpluged) -> install Office -> start Office - > open worksheet(any worksheet) -> Office crashes I also tried the folowing: Format c: -> Reinstal Vista(internet cabe unpluged) -> install SP1 then SP2 -> install Office -> install updates(windows Update) -> all updates installed-> start Office - > open wo...

Tab key moves
Can I pre-select which cell the tab key moves me to? I have a specific order I would like to follow each time. Is there a way I can fill out one area of my form before having to tab through another area? Not in a reasonable userfriendly way, no. The default behavior is left-to-right next unlocked cell, top to bottom. (But that is IMO how your application should be designed anyway.) HTH. Best wishes Harald "DCZ" <DCZ@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:43C38961-D5BF-4F45-9CF5-DF2CD5958E9D@microsoft.com... > Can I pre-select which cell the tab key moves me to?...

Outlook 2002 10-14-04
I want to setup outlook 2002 to have two different accounts use the same .pst file. I have numerous sales people that work a lot out of home and at work have a domain account. Is there a way to have outlook use the same pst file for two different account setups. ...

Formula help 01-27-10
I have a long list of contacts with phone number and a team name and I want to create sheets of each team member. Like on "team" sheet I have Green in column I and I want to bring all the items from Row A-C and G-H to the Green sheet. Can anyone help with this I would GREATLY appreciate it Hi Your question is too vague - it is more like a rough idea of a question. Where are the phone numbers and team names. Does that phone info come too and how? Is there other info you want too? Where in column I? Is Green a colour on the screen or a word? Is Green the name of a team...

How do I put in a week's events (ex. Oct.6-10) on calendar
I want to put dates on a calendar without having to type in each box for a week. I recall using banner style. Is that applicable to Publisher? A text box filled with white stretched over the days in question. Not sure what you are trying to do. A calendar is a table, you can merge cells. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dr. DST" <Dr. DST@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A1AA998-E63B-496A-9BE3-DFCBD4796750@microsoft.com... >I want to put dates on a calendar without having to type...