worksheet tabs 01-06-10

Hi

In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically
go in alphabetical order-- or do you have to do in manually?
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Ruth,

Use this code:

Sub ArrangeSheetsInOrder()
Dim iCount As Integer
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
iCount = Sheets.Count
For i = 1 To iCount - 1
For j = i + 1 To iCount
If Sheets(j).Name < Sheets(i).Name Then
Sheets(j).Move Before:=Sheets(i)
End If
Next j
Next i
End Sub

"Ruth" wrote:

> Hi
>
> In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically
> go in alphabetical order-- or do you have to do in manually?
> --
> Thank-you!
> Ruth
You can do it with code. See www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.aspx

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
[email on web site]

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 07:08:01 -0800, Ruth
<Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically
>go in alphabetical order-- or do you have to do in manually?
0
Chip

restoring GP 10.0 32-bit into GP 10.0 64-bit
Hello: We are going to install GP 8.0 on a 32-bit server in-house and restore a client's 8.0 data into these SQL databases. Pretty cut and dry. Next, we will upgrade this in-house server from 8.0 to 10.0. Continuing, we will install GP 10.0 on the client's new 64-bit server. Finally, we will restore the upgraded 10.0 databases from our in-house 32-bit server to the client's 64-bit server. Here's the question. Is there anything "wrong", from a technical standpoint, in restoring SQL databases from a 32-bit environment into a 64-bit environment? Thanks! chil...

GP 10 and Terminial Server 2008
My customer is having issues with GP 10 sp4 and Terminal Server 2008. Whenever they are in one of the Navigation panes (Purchasing) and they choose an option in the navigation Pane other than the PURCHASING (ie VENDORS) they are kicked out of GP. Has anyone come across this? ...

Tab order #5
Pressing tab or enter key selects next cell to the right or below. Is there a method by which the tab/enter order can be customized to enable other specific cells to be selected? Thx! Don't know about your version of Excel, but in mine: Tools>Options>Edit, Move selection after enter, Directions, gives you some options -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Manhar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c0bf01c4218d$e0db99d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Pressing tab or enter key selects next cell to the right > or below. I...

Sales for Outlook Installation 10-24-05
I'm having trouble installing CRM sales for outlook. The installation errors literally on the point of finishing. The message is "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup was unable to install the .msi file for microsoft crm sales for outlook". I have searched the knowledge base and newsgroups to find any info on this matter but at the moment I have struggled to find any signifcant information. The pc used is running XP pro SP2. Thanks for any assistance in advance ...

installing GP 10.0 on workstations only
Hello: I understand that you can install GP 10.0 and forego installation of the application on the server. If you choose to go that route, then how do you path to SQL during the first-time run of GP Utilities when you create the company databases? I mean, if you install GP on the first workstation without installing GP on the server at all, you have to tell GP the path to the database (in the Database Setup window). Can you use UNC pathing in that window or do you have to use mapped drives? Also, what sort of security do you need to create the databases from the workstation? Domai...

Macro Question #10
Hi, I am working with a text file that I imported into Excel. It is a transactional report of sales by customer. The data will have the customer number and name spread out over three cells. What I want to do is to create a macro that will contatenate all three cell and then perform a paste special and paste them into another cell in another column. Since the number of transactions by customer can vary the customer name and number can appear anywhere on the page. I created a macro to do this using the first customer which appears in cell B5 through D5. The next customer appears...

Extender problem with GP 10
Hi all, I setup a Dynamics GP 10 system for a customer. The system is used from HRM staff. I used Extender to add a number of extender windows and detail windows. On the Sever all users can access the extender windows but when they login on a separate terminal server (with a client installation) the Extender windows are not accessible. Only the Extender Detail Windows can be seen. When trying to go to the windows all users including sa get the following message: "Not all required fields have been entered for the window <window name>." I went in the extender and opened ...

Printing a worksheet on 11x17 paper
I want to print a worksheet on 11x17 paper. When I try to change to that paper size in print options, there is no size like that available. What do I do??? thank you for your help in this matter. Katie It's the printer that decides that.. Do you have that option on the printer it should be available in Excel -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Katie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9fca01c4345c$bcdca970$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to print a worksheet on 11x17 paper. When I try > to change to that paper size in print options, there is ...

how do I prevent a worksheet from being copied in excel
yet allow users to select values in a defined range Good evening kensanjose You really need to supply more information about what you mean - cop the file/sheets/ranges etc Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1893 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38531 How do I prevent a worksheet from being copied in excel? Can I disable right click within a file so that the sheet cannot be copied into another file and manipula...

Tab control + having same size for all tabs
Hello All I am working on tab control in which I want to set the same size of all tabs of tab control. I am adding the tabs dynamically . When I saw the .NET style tab control ( Look tab control used in MSDN) , I felt that it is more elegant than the old looked MFC tab control. My ultimate goal is to have the same size for all tabs irrespective of text it has ( MFC's default behaviour shows the full text in tab ) If the text exceeds that width, then It will make it shortened by adding .... ( three dots ) (e.g. "The text of tab...Will Come here" ) , I know that I will have to wri...

Help Locking Worksheet
I inherited a workbook that has several sheets, have gone thru and mad changes and now when I lock it I cannot go from the last table cell o the first row to the second row. Tabbing will just continue you out o the same row. I want to be on cell BD3, hit tab and go to C5. Does the fact that I have the to & leftmost cells frozen have anythin to do with this? How can I fix it -- jlabshe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jlabsher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

Name a worksheet tab with data in a cell
I have Excel 2002 and would like to rename a worksheet tab with a cell reference. Example, name the tab "John Doe" his name is located in cell b2. each time I change the value in b2, the name of the tab will change accordingly. Hi Donovan, In the worksheet's module (right-click the sheet's tab | View Code), paste the following: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B2")) Is Nothing Then Me.Name = Target.Value End If End Sub --- Regards, Norman "donovan" <anonymous@discussions...

Form Sizing 08-06-07
-- Thanks David G Albury, Australia DoCmd.Maximize ...

list box 06-08-07
Hi! I have two list boxes, one shows the list of creditors,"listCred", and the other,"listAR", shows the list of accounts receivable. How can I make the latter list show only the accounts of the creditor that i clicked from the former list? Thanks! -- ai® Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 Answered in UtterAccess, where you posted the same question. http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=83&Number=1431290&Zf=&Zw=&Zg=0&Zl=a&Main=1431285&Search...

TABS formula Is This Possible & How
I have 50 worksheets in work book each Tab has a different date Say Jan.31 & so on. So what i want to do is in cell B2 on each sheet have the Tab name. Is there a formula for this. Because when i change the tab name in future i want cell B2 to follow suit one way =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))) -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F259216-B026-4E4D-BB3B-...

Excel 2003 Worksheet formatting questions
I have created a simple income daysheet for my medical practice. The idea is for all money collected and received in a day to be inputted in that day's day sheet along with the source of the money, why it was received and if there is a check or statement number associated with the payemnt for it to be recorded. My questions are: 1. Column A is for date - I want to automatically enter the current date in each cell in column A. So when a new payment is being entered the current date is automatically entered for the payment clerk. I can get the date in 1 cell using the date functio...

Custom Function 04-25-10
I am trying to create a tool for yearly employee performance reviews: each employee is ranked on 5-10 different "competencies" and their behavior related to those competencies throughout the year. I have a table tracking those events. At year end I would like to create a report bound to a query that groups the employee by competency, avg rank for the competency and lists each observed behaviour for the entire year in its own field. The tblDailyObserved table lists Empname, Competency, Edate, Behavior, Rank EmployeeN Competency Rank Behavior John Smith Customer F...

import 11-01-06
Hi I have a problem When I import data from CSV file there is no data appears and am view bulk import And see the status reason (pending) No of success is (0) No of fail is (0) Please I need the solution as soon possible Thanks try switch your workflow service to use eithre local system or network service account and restart the service and try again ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "abboushi" <abboushi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F896C91-68D8-45B7-8BC4-B48E872B0329@microsoft.com... >...

Showing argument descriptions as an XLL worksheet function is type
Hi, Apologies if this is wrong newsgroup, I wasn't sure if this or microsoft.public.excel.sdk is better. We're developing a set of XLL worksheet functions that have 5-8 difficult to remember arguments. While the argument descriptions passed to the registration function display properly in the function wizard, they do not appear in the common case of typing the function in the formula bar. In addition, I have these related (but lesser) concerns: - My worksheet function description does not appear when my function name is being typed in the Formula Bar. ...

Form with a tab control
Hello, I've made a form with tabs on it. For some reason, when this form loads, the form is partially off the screen to the left until I hit a tab. Once this occurs, the form centers itself on the screen. Does anyone know what is the culprit for this? Thank you! Is the form large enough that you can see the entire tab control? I've run into this problem when I put the tab control on the right side of the screen and the actual size of the form was not quite large enough to display the whole form. HTH Dale -- Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful! Email add...

how do I make a calendar from 9/05 to 6/06 on one page?
I am having trouble creating a one page calendar with dates from 9/05 to 6/06. When I try to change the dates on the calendar I can only change the months on a "one month per page" calendar. This would create 10 pages (10 months). How do I make it on one page? Thanks you in advance. Find the calendar you like, change the date range from Sept. 05 to June 06, Publisher will create 10 pages, click yearly. Publisher will re-create two pages, ungroup, delete the unwanted months on page one, re-arrange the months from page two. It is the only way I know. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP...

Use 1 form to add new items to 2 databases and update junction tab
Hello, I'm having trouble with the concept of junction tables and forms (Access 2003). Suppose I am in charge of entering data into the databases and we have a new product with at least 1 new feature (never been entered into the base tables) - This is a rare instance but could happen. I would like to create 1 form that would allow me to enter a new ProductName and a new FeatureName. After I click the enter button, the tblProduct, tblFeature, and tblProductFeature tables will all be updated with the new values. Current Tables and structure tblProduct (ProductID, ProductName) - Pro...

Entity tabs and onload script
Does anyone have an example of a script to hide a tab using onload in an entity? We have a custom tab in our business entity that I would like to hide from a particular group, namely Customer Service. I only want them to see the General, Details, Administration, tabs. They should not see the Notes and our custom fields. Hi, Yes, you can hide tab but remember the data is still viewable from print screen or from Advance find. There is no supported way to customize those. Following URLs will help you on hiding tab. http://blogs.infinite-x.net/2005/12/30/hiding-a-tab-on-a-data-entry-form...

Linking one worksheet to another by click on a command button
Hi experts, Please help me, I need to know to how create a command button on one worksheet, when clicked it spits out a static date on anther worksheet. For example, I have an inspection sheet, when completed I click on the command button and it spits out a date linking it to another worksheet. In that worksheet there's a cell where i want the dates to pop up everytime i hit the command button from another workbook. Any tips will be much appreciated ...

Sendkeys 04-08-10
Sub SendURL() Shell "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe", vbNormalFocus SendKeys "www.google.com", True End Sub This procedure can open IE, but the URL isn't entered into address bar. Hi, If you hard coding the URL why bother with sendkeys, why not like this MyPage = Shell("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE http://www.google.com", vbNormalFocus) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the que...