worksheet size in bytes

Hi Everybody,

is there any algorythm/function to know the size of given excel
worksheet in byte?

Tamas

--
Tamas Nagy
Tamas Nagy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28000

I think you'd have to save the worksheet in question as its own workbook.
While you could add up all the characters in all the cells that's only a
part of the picture given that many other things are part of the sheet,
formatting for instance.

--
Jim
"Tamas Nagy" <Tamas.Nagy.1wqo2a_1129035902.1478@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote

| Hi Everybody,
|
| is there any algorythm/function to know the size of given excel
| worksheet in byte?
|
| Tamas
|

| --
| Tamas Nagy
| Tamas Nagy's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28000
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=475020

0
jrrech (1933)
10/11/2005 2:20:41 PM
Thanks for the reply,

the problem is that I have a very large excel file (mainly because of
the formats), and I have to choose the biggest one, trying to reduce
them.
The file has more than 300 sheets, so the "manual" saving as a sole
sheet is not feasible. That is the reason why I have to get a
algorythmical solution in code (the savings requires lots of time).

--
Tamas Nagy
Tamas Nagy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28000
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=475020

macro geting separated from worksheet
Hi all: I have a worksheet where I have created a macro. When I email this worksheet the recipient gets it without the macro. What am I doing wrong? Please advise. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.648 / Virus Database: 415 - Release Date: 3/31/2004 Hi Sonoman Your macro is in a normal module (not in the Sheet module) The best you can do is to add a button from the Control Toolbox to the sheet and copy your code in the Click event of the button. If you mail the sheet now it will send the code also -- Re...

Message Undeliverable due to Size
I have an issue with Exchange 2003 rejecting messages due to size limitations even though I have no restrictions set on message size either sending or recieving. Here is a copy of the undeliverable message; Remote host said: 552 4.3.1 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size I have checked the global settings, the individual setting in Active Directory, and the SMPT server settings and they all allow for large messages. Any Ideas? remote host means it's a message size limitation on the receiving server...was this an outbound Internet email? "Brad" <Brad@di...

Database size #6
I have right now about 10-15 POSes in Navision (self-made addon) and there is an idea to change them to RMS. As my inventory list contains about 50.000 items and database size is 35GB I'm a little bit afraid to do that. If anybody has experience with such a database size and no. of items, can RMS handle them? I am an RMS Partner, we have a store that has 156,000+ skus, they have been running for a year now and there database size is only around 300MB. For the most part there system runs very smoothly, with some minor performance issues when moving large amounts of data. But to get...

publisher custom paper size
I am using Publisher 2003 and an HP Photosmart 7660 printer. I am trying to print on precut paper which is 5.5x8.5" I follow the directions for setting up custom paper sizes, but when I am in publisher the custom form does not appear. However, the custom form is set up in the printerand does show up when not in Publisher. Any suggestions? Also is there some sort of work around? Did you select the custom option in the page setup after you setup your printer? If it did not reflect the printer setting... Use your custom page setup in your printer rather than the HP default. You s...

Size Limits
What is the size limit of an attachment that Outlook 2003 can email? Is this a constraint of Outlook or only my DSL or eMail provider? The mail server restricts the message size limitation. Note that a 1.0MB file attachment will increase to 1.3MB, not account for the message content and header information. UUencode adds an average of 33% of file sizes. "JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:g7JOf.17245$_A4.12074@trnddc06... > What is the size limit of an attachment that Outlook 2003 can email? > Is this a constraint of Outlook or only my DSL or eMail...

File size increase
I am working with a pretty simple file of 500 rows and 11 columns. I began noticing today that it took a very long time to save. When I checked the properties of the file it shows that it is 2,444 k . That is much larger than most all my exel files with even more information in them. The sophisticated thing I had done was to set up conditional formatting for all the cells with data in them. Experimenting and removing that did not decrease the file size. Where else should I look to decrease the file size? What could have happened? Thank you Bill Bill Hit CTRL + END to see wher...

How do I add subscripts to normal sized letters in Visio?
I would like to make some electrical engineering drawings, and I want to use subscripts to distinguish variables. I do not want to do all sub- or all super- scripts as Visio is trying to make me do. Is there a way around this? Matthew Pfluger Are you in text edit mode? Press F2 to edit the text. (Usually you can also double-click to edit the text.) Then select the characters you want to change and make your formatting choices. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "P...

open workbook on same worksheet
Hi, Can anybody advise how I can get my workbook to automaticaly default to a certain worksheet once opened, ie when the workbooked is opened it will always default to the 'welcome' worksheet. thanks ps I'm a novice - so go easy Excel opens workbooks with the same sheet active as when the workbook was saved. The only way around that is to use a macro to switch sheets when the workbook opens. Of course this requires that the user not disable macros. Open the VBE and select the ThisWorkbook module. Paste this code in, changing Sheet1 to your sheet: Private Sub Workbook_Ope...

Copying Formats between workbooks and worksheets
I have spent a reasonable amount of time setting up a spreadsheet with a particular format. I have changed column widths, row heights and added some colours to certain cells. I want to copy the format between workseets and workbooks but when I use the paste function te format deosn't copy. A friend recommended 'paste special' but this doesn't seem to work either, even though I choose to retain all the formatting. Can someone help please. Geoff Cox So, copying the whole sheet isn't what you need? http://www.officearticles.com/excel/copy_sheets_to_another_workbook_i...

How do you print an Excel worksheet to show the rows and columns?
I'm new to Excel, and trying to print a document that will show the rows and columns, rather than just the information. How do I do this? In Excel 97 (later versions will, I assume, be similar) click File - Page Setup. Then select the "Sheet" tab and in the box labelled "Print" will be a checkbox labelled "Gridlines". Check that and print it. Peter "Michaelangelo" <Michaelangelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A635EBC2-AB49-45D8-803D-5C2E91ACDDAC@microsoft.com... > I'm new to Excel, and trying to print a document th...

how to include real time & date on a worksheet
how to include real time & date on excel spread sheet I was supplied with a small macro that would enter the current date/time in a cell when invoked. Sub NOWTIME() ActiveCell.Value = Format(Now(), "mm-dd-yyyy h:mm:ss AM/PM") End Sub Is that what you want? Barb Reinhardt "nde" wrote: > how to include real time & date on excel spread sheet ...

Copying info entered on one worksheet automatically to another
I have a spread sheet that I am entering information. I would like the information (including as I add lines) to be created on another worksheet in the same workboook. As an example, I have to insert X company onto a new line of informaiton on the main worksheet and I want that line to automatically insert on another worksheet in the workbook. My workbook has three tabs, one for "overall information", one for "completed" and one "in progress". I know there are ways to filter data but I am not familiar enough with macros to apply them here. ...

MFC DLL vs. Win32 DLL + MFC (small size is important)
I've noticed that there is smaller size of DLL when created like Win32 DLL project and then linked MFC as static lib, then when it is created as MFC DLL project. Is this truth? I'm trying to make my dll as smaller as possible. ...

How can I create a button to save one worksheet into a new workshe
I want to create a button on a main worksheet to transfer data and save it into another worksheet each time the main worksheet is used/filled out for inventory purposes. In other words, once my employee fills out the worksheet, they can push the "completed" button, for instance, and it will transfer into another worksheet. -- Courtney "court" wrote: > I want to create a button on a main worksheet to transfer data and save it > into another worksheet each time the main worksheet is used/filled out for > inventory purposes. In other words, once my employee...

How to Organize Worksheets
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a very large workbook with about 40 worksheets. Is there any way to organize these worksheets into sub-folders or some other method to make it less unwieldy? Hi this is not possible. But you may create something liek a table of contents. See: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany phil6666 wrote: > Hi- > > I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a very large workbook with about 40 > worksheets. > > Is there any way to organize these worksheets into sub-folders or some &...

Size of workbook is over 5MB
We have a workbook that contains three worksheets. Worksheet one is designed as an input form for budget additions. Worksheet #2 and #3 are the values that create a tab delimited file to load into our Financial package. All three worksheets are no large than 60 rows and do not go past BA column. These are fairly small sheets. However when I go to save it, saving takes forever and the size of the file is 5mb. It appears that the 'end of file' is the max in both ways (column and row). How can I reduce the file size? Thanks Hi Jeffrey! You need to re-set the used range. T...

Exchange 2003 mailbox size in outlook is smaller than reported in
I know others have posted on this, and I've never found any explanation as to why this happens, or how to stop it. My guess is that cached exchange mode in reality sucks just as much as synching with offline folders in 5.5 did, but that may just be the pet peeve talking... Environment: Exchange 2003 SP1 Client: Outlook 2003, end users are using cached exchange mode. Here's the scenario: A user exceeds their mailbox limit (I've yet to see this happen where someone hasn't gone over) The user calls the helpdesk, they right click the mailbox, go to folder size, and see th...

Same Worksheet Opens Every Time Workbook is opened #2
Hi Jon - OK, I pasted the code into the "thisworkbook" area and it still doe not work. I will mention that Under "Microsoft Excel Objects" (wher the "ThisWorkbook" is), in Sheet1 (DocList) I have the following cod also: Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeRightClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel A Boolean) Cancel = True MsgBox ("Sorry I can't allow you to do that") End Sub I don't know if this makes a difference. Do you want me to email m workbook to you -- rmm3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rmm30's...

Mailbox size #11
Hello all... I know this is a tough question to answer, as there are so many variables. I am trying to get mailbox size limits implemented, and need some info on determining the recommended mailbox size allowed. I'm just looking for general info, as I know there is no well-defined rule. I would appreciate it if I can get a document from MS, so I have some ammo at the meeting. Thank you. Ed On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:05:20 -0400, "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote: >Hello all... >I know this is a tough question to answer, as there are so many variables. I ...

Worksheets within a worksheet?
I need to make a separate worksheet for each State, which I can do, but within each one of the State worksheets I need a separate worksheet for each month. So I can tab through the information for each month for each State. Essentially, when I click on a State, a new set of tabs labeled with the months starting with January appear and then I am able to scroll through each month's information for that particular State. Is this possible? No "ceemo33" <ceemo33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C16642A8-7471-4AF1-9232-79D18F627A26@microsoft.com... : I need t...

Backup file size
I run a script to backup my databases. The critical lines of code are: OSQL -U sa -P password -S ServerName -Q "BACKUP DATABASE StoreOps TO DISK = 'C:\RMS Backup\DailyBackup1.bck' WITH FORMAT, STATS And a second line just like the first for database HQ and filename DailyHQBackup.bck The files generated are 107MB (Store Ops) and 196MB (HQ). Recently I executed a 'no going back' query so I manually backed up my database. I don't normally check the file size when I do this sort ofthing, but last night my backup media (DVD-RW) ran out of space... The HQ Admin-ge...

Distribution List Size Limits
Does anyone know the size limits on a distribution list in OL2002. How many names can I have in a single distibution list? Thanks Outlook does not set a number for the maximum recipients. Your ISP or your company does, depending on whether you are a home user or a corporate user. >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know the size limits on a distribution list in OL2002. >How many names can I have in a single distibution list? > >Thanks > > >. > Depends on your ISP. Ask. "Rob" <iwantfreestuff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:emfQX%23...

Problem with multiple users opening a worksheet
We occassionally have problems with multiple users being able to ope the same worksheet and edit it at the same time. The worksheet is no set to be shared, and normally notifies the second person that it i already open and that they will have read-only access. I am not to sure where to proceed with this. My thoughts are that it could be corrupt workbook, or perhaps network connectivity problems. They ar using the same version of Excel (2002), but one is on Windows 2000 Pr and the other is on Windows XP Pro. The document is stored on Windows 2000 server. Any ideas -- Message posted fro...

How do I change the pge size to A4 in excel 2003
Hi I'm not too good at this, when I print the worksheet its not in A4 size. How can I change it to A4. Any help would be great thanks Check out 'Paper size' from menu File>PageSetup and hit OK. Now see the Preview -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Peachz" wrote: > Hi I'm not too good at this, when I print the worksheet its not in A4 size. > How can I change it to A4. Any help would be great thanks ...

How do I duplicate value in multiple worksheets in same workbook?
When I change the value in Worksheet A, Cell C4 I want it to als change the value in Cell D8 in Worksheet B. How do I do this -- jwnorri ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jwnorris's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2932 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49042 In D8 of worksheet B enter =worksheetA!C4 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 12:03:17 -0600, jwnorris <jwnorris.1zh7im_1133633401.2853@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > >When I change the value in ...