Worksheet Revision Date only once that day

I put a revision date in a cell (today's date) when I change a
worksheet.  If I merely print, view or something without actually
changing the worksheet, I do not update the revision date even if I
happen to save it again.

I need the worksheet to automatically update the worksheet revision
date only once for that day and only when the worksheet is changed  (or
only once after it's opened & changed will work just as well).

I am trying to avoid changing the date every time the worksheet is
changed since it's not necessary to change the date to the same date
every time a change is made.  More importantly, changing the revision
date every time the worksheet is changed causes data entry to be
slower.

I prefer not to use the today function in a cell that changes every
time the worksheet is opened because the worksheet is not updated every
time it's opened.   Also, doing so causes Excel to prompt to save on
exit of the worksheet when all I've done is printed or viewed the
data.

Any ideas?

mikeburg

--
mikeburg
mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24581

automatic copy cells into other worksheet??
i am trying to find out how i can type text in an excel cell and have it automatically inserted in another worksheet. is this possible?? if so how?? cheers. Hiiiiiiii dear hope u are ok go the sheet2 cell A1 and type =Sheet1!A1 and Drag it and now go to sheet1 and type something in Cell A1 and A2 and A3 and then check them in sheet2 Colum u will find what u have written hope it may work for uuuuu good luck "Matt Hall" wrote: > i am trying to find out how i can type text in an excel cell and have it > automatically inserted in another worksheet. > is this possible?...

count between a date range
Hi, I want to be able to count between a date range and return the value yes. I will show you the formula I currently have: =IF(M2>=DateCell-365,"Yes","No") This gives a yes if the date is greater than the date in M2 minus 365. This however cincludes all the dates beyond M2 which isnt what I want. I want the dates upto M2. If that makes sense? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Try.. =IF(M2>=datecell-DATE(1,0,0),"Yes","No") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Dave" wrote: > Hi, I want to be able to count be...

Help with Dates
Hi all, I have a table with field name "ConnectionDate". I want to create a form with ComboBox that will show the "ConnectionDate" as month and year only. The value the user will choose will be a criteria for a query. Please help. TIA, Tom ?Format(Date,"mmyyyy") would return 112007 so, SELECT Format(ConnectionDate,"mmyyyy") AS ConnectDate FROM SomeTable -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Tom" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a table with field name "ConnectionDate". > I want to create a form with ComboBox tha...

Converting Dates from YYMMDD to MMDDYYYY
Hi All; I'm looking for a format function that will convert a date in the text format of YYMMDD to text format of MMDDYYYY. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance! You can't do it using a Format function, but try: Function SwitchDateFormat(YYMMDD As String) As String Dim strDay As String Dim strMonth As String Dim strYear As String If Len(YYMMDD) = 6 Then strYear = Left$(YYMMDD, 2) strMonth = Mid$(YYMMDD, 3, 2) strDay = Right$(YYMMDD, 2) If strYear < "30" Then strYear = "19" & strYear Else strYear =...

update worksheet in one file with worksheet in another file
I want to have one worksheet in one of my excel files (file 1) to reflect the contents of a worksheet in another file (file 2) every time it is opened (file 1), that is, everytime it is opened this one tab should reflect the last changes made on the tab in another file, including formating. I suspect this is possible but I don't have a clue how to do it. I have a few questions: Can this be done without VBA? (I'm not even a beginner with VBA!) I did search the web some and found the following that looks interesting: http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadI...

Counting # of events per day`
I have a file with the following format col a event name col b event date (e.g., 9/01/2006) col c event day of week (Mon, Tu, etc) col d, etc other info There are about 1600 of them. I need to get the following info: Number of days throughout the year with 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 or more events per day Similar results for Mondays, Tuesdays, etc. Any suggestions on how to go about doing that? Thanks Hi Elliott Create a Pivot Table. Data>Pivot Table>Next>Mark the range of your data>Next>Layout Drag Event day of Week to Column Area Drag Event Date to Row area Drag Event Name to...

Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field.
Hi, Sub: Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field. has anyone assigned 'Today date'( new Date()) to a custom date filed on the form - OnChange of a Picklist field, I have the following code. DatefiledName.value = new Date(); This assigns, currect date to the field, but then when I save it does not like it. When I manually assign a date it displays in the format mm/dd/yyyy, and saves correctly, so I changed the script to: d= new Date(); s = d.(getMonth() +1); s += '/' + d.getDate(); s += '/' + d.getFullYear(); DatefiledName.value = s; This also acc...

Automatically updating cells on other worksheets when data typed into primary sheet
I'm trying to create a workbook that will allow me to enter data on the first sheet and it will then append the data to a second sheet by automatically starting a new line. Example: I enter "This is a test" into A1 on sheet 1 First available line on sheet2 automatically updates with "This is a test" When it comes to enter something new in A1 on sheet1, same function above goes into action, accept it should be on the next available line which will be A2 on sheet2, as A1 is already used by previous data entry. Can this be done? I would appreciate any help with this. ...

number changes to date ... how do I change
I am trying to do an "age" range: 1-9 10-19 20-29 Instead I get September 9, 2004 or October 19 I can't figure out how to change it. Please help! Thank you! kk Format->Cells->Number Change the type to Text, and it should keep everything the way you want it. If you don't specify a type, Excel takes a guess based on what you enter. Hope that helps. -Bob --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Automatic date/time aquisition for graphs
Ok, I collect particle count data for a cleanroom which looks like th following: "LASAIR110","04/05/19","15:47:41",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,433,486,236,113,294,196,103,328,4.993,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,"22de" "LASAIR110","04/05/19","16:33:15",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,458,432,163,55,107,55,46,139,5.007,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,2299 "LASAIR110","04/05/19","17:18:49",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,305,286,76,29,14,1,0,0,5.017,1.0000,0.000...

Date Range
When I use the following macro, what reference range is being employed that makes certain decisions for the conversion? For example, when I have a date of 1/12/46, this converts to January 12, 1946, not January 12, 2046; when I have a date of 1/14/20, this converts to January 14, 2020, not January 14, 1920; when I have a date of 2/3//10 this converts to February 3, 2010 not February 3, 1910??? Seems like this was only project so far into the future. I haven't tried all numbers but once you reach that boundary it assigns the 20th century to any number there and above. Su...

Calculating Date Fields
I have a document that is filled with FormFields and users go from field to field filling the fields for a final document. I have been reading up on 'calculated dates' but have not seen a scenario like this. Three of my formfields are "Date1", "Date2" and "Date180." What I am trying to figure out is how to evaluate/compare Date1 and Date2 to see which is the earliest and then provide in Date180 the date 180 days from the earliest date. (Unless the form is blank there will always be a Date1, but there may not be a Date2 and if Date2 exist...

Message -- Worksheet xls. is locked for editing. What is this?
I cannot view or change the data in my worksheet because I am getting this message. Why, and how do I unlock it? Thanks for your help. gman gman Has someone else got the file open? If not........... Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you close out Excel(maybe a crash of Excel?) or the file, so Excel thinks it is still open and locked for editing. You can try a re-boot and see if that clears it up. If not, after a re-boot, clear out your Windows\Temp folder. If using WinXP ...

Linking Values in Worksheets
Is there a simple method of linking a column of values in one worksheet to another worksheet? I can do it manually, one at a time but is there a way of copying the link down the column? (The columns are identical in length) Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1369 Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1370 Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1371 etc, etc Many thanks david Hi David try ='C:\Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C1369 and copy down Frank DavidM wrote: > Is there a simple method of linki...

Help with Lists (tables), Filters, & Worksheets
I'm hoping that I'm just missing something and somebody out there can help me. I'm using Excel 2007, but I'm trying to do something that would also be backwardly compatible. I've used the table (list) function to create a list of campers & associated data for my son's summer camp. What we want to do is have tabbed worksheets within the workbook that shows that data in different views. So, for instance, the first tab is the master list, but the second tab is filtered for the kids in the 1st session youngest class, the third tab is filtered for the kids in the...

Need to convert Julian Day to Gregorian date
I have a table that has a year field and day field. I only need to convert the day field which is a Julian date to Gregorian. If possible in a query. If not then in a module, but, I'm real rusty with access so please give explicit instructions. I have found some codes but have not been able to make them work with the table, I'm sure its me. Thanks for any help you can provide me with. There are loads of examples out there. The simplist one I could find that works is SELECT DatePart("y",[TableName]![FieldName])+(Year(Now())-1900)*1000 AS NewDate FROM TableName; -- ...

Custom or conditional format to highlight today's date?
Using Excel 2002, I have all 365 days of the year listed in column B, formatted as "03/14/01". When i open the workbook, I would like the current date to be bold and red. Can I do this with a conditional format? I have tried =Today with no success. Thanks Tonso "Tonso" <wthomasss@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:13885af2-777c-43ff-9684-1b5bda8d95d6@o6g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > Using Excel 2002, I have all 365 days of the year listed in column B, > formatted as "03/14/01". When i open the workbook, I would like the > current date to b...

Excel formula with date constraints
Could use some help with the following: I created a spreadsheet to track payments made to contractors. In this spreadsheet I have a simple formula that tells when the payment has to be made based on the date it was rec'd from the contractor and adding on the payment terms. Now what I have to do is add in some date constraints. Our paying office only processes payments between certain windows during the month. Lets say that for this month the payment window closes Jan 27th to Feb 2nd. What I need to do is if after someone enters the date the payment is rec'd and the 14 days is ...

Mail Merge Date Format Problem
Trying to merge in data from an Excel spreadsheet but when the date goes in, it is in US format rather than english format, i.e 08/31/04 rather than 31/08/04. Tried changing the format in Excel first which doesn't work and my PC is set up with UK date as standard. Any ideas how I can change it? Cheers Nick Hi Nick (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Trying to merge in data from an Excel spreadsheet but when || the date goes in, it is in US format rather than english || format, i.e 08/31/04 rather than 31/08/04. Tried changing || the format in E...

Excel opening blank or Gray worksheet
I have 50 spreadsheets, one for each doctor, that was created with what looks like some macros in them. When a nurse opens the spreadsheet, the workbook is gray looking as if there is no data. However if they click Window - Arrange and OK, then it tiles the worksheet and it's fine. While this is an easy work around, I am attempting to figure out what causes this. I understand that the original owner created macros in the spreadsheet and then copied a template to create these 50. I also understand that there was probably a personal.xls create to save and hide the macros. What ...

sum of dates
I have a list of sales with dates, like 23-Mar-00. I would like to add up how many sales were made in the year 2001. I know this is probably very easy but I am new at this. Thanks for your help. Brent ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =SUMPRODUCT((YEAR(date_range)=2003)*1,sales_range) Jerry debtless wrote: > I have a list of sales with dates, like 23-Mar-00. I would like to add > up how many sales were made in the year 2001. I know this is proba...

summing a column gives me a date
I have a worksheet with each month listed on the columns. I have each row totaled out, and wish to total expenditures for the month. But when I do, I get a date, and not a numerical value - which is what I want. What am I doing wrong. Without seeing the formula, it is impossible to give a meaningful reply. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com [email on web site] On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 15:13:01 -0800, jimfitegcs <jimfitegcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a worksheet with each month listed on...

Search records with dates, then Group by month
I'm writing a macro that searches a spreadsheet for dates. I want to find records that are associated with a certain month. The dates in the spreadsheet are in the mmddyyyy format. How can I write code that would recognize any date within a given month and return true. For example, 7/12/2007 or 7/2/2007 would both return "true" for the month of July. 5/5/2007 or 5/27/2007 would return "true" for May, etc. thanks You could use the Autofilter to give you a LessthanGreaterthan range. Otherwise, keying just on Months, you would get May06, May07, etc if your datab...

Auto detect the range depending up on the input date.
Hi All, I have an excel as below. If I give the date as input, suppose 6/1/2009, excel should do a count if function with the range starting from the 1st cell below the input date till the next date in the dates column. I am confused, please help. 6/1/2009 N New 291420 Roger N New 291425 Fred N New 291427 Lisa N New 291532 Lima N New 291741 Lisa N New 291531 Roger N New 291494 Roger 6/2/2009 N New 291532 Lima N New 291741 Lisa N New 291531 Roger N New 291494 Roger 6/3/2009 Thanks, S Where do you give the date as input? In the same sheet? ...

dates and times #2
I hope someone can help me with this problem, and new to the forum. I my sheet col A is a list of dates and col B is a list of referenc numbers col c is a start time and col d is an end time. Each date ca have a number of reference numbers associated with it. Is it possibl for excel to find the earliest start and latest finish time? if this i possible is it also possible to specify times -- aav ----------------------------------------------------------------------- aavm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum...