Workbook with macros hangs up when opening, only with certain user

0
Ron516 (1)

Chip Pearson has some notes about startup problems at:

Ron516 wrote:

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Filter Switches vs Macro?
Excel 2000 ... I have Filter Switches which I activate with various recorded Macros (1 Filter Switch per Macro) ... this is working fine as long as there is not a Filter Switch already activated. Above said ... I need a little Macro instruction I can paste into my recorded Macros that will set any activated Filter Switches back to ALL before activating the Filter Switch I am calling for??? This so I do not get multiple Filter Switches activated by my Macros ... Thanks ... Kha Selection.AutoFilter resets all filters HTH, Gary Brown "Ken" wrote: > Excel 2000 ... I ...

Once user is created in active directory, it cannot find name in o
I have recently had to create a new user in Active directory and for some time it has been working well but today it seems that I cannot link the new user to Outlook. It keeps coming up with an error saying that "the name could not be matched in the list" I have had this problem in the past but was told to update the recipient list, which I have done but it still does not seem to replicate. I know the account exists because it is in our distribution lists but not in the global list or when trying to link to the server. I understand that it may take time to replicate but I am...

Outlook 2007 Crashes Upon Opening
Hello, I'm running Outlook 2007 SP1 MSO 12.0.6425.1000 and always errors out and closes when I start it. Everything that I can see points to the mso.dll file. I swapped it out with another copy (have the orig) and still same result. My OS is Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600 Below is the info from the event log, hope someone can assist. -------- Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6316.5000, stamp 4833a470, faulting module mso.dll, version 12.0.6425.1000, stamp 49d65443, debug? 0, fault address 0x00dfef5d. Fo...

share and merge workbooks
I cannot get this to work, and I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. I’m saving the workbook as a shared workbook. Then I’m saving test copies to merge. When I go to compare and merge I get a message saying the workbooks can’t be merged. “cannot be merged into the current workbook. Workbooks to be merged must be copies made from the same shared workbook (is there a special save option that I’m not doing ?) and must all maintain the change history for a sufficient amount of time (currently I set it at 30 days). -- excel student ...

Open A Network Folder From VBA
All - I'd like to be able to open a network folder when a user clicks a button on a form. The shared folder has a static name, but the sub folder will change with each record. For example.... Shared Folder \\server\share\folder Record ProjectNumber I'd like to have it set so that when a user is in ProjectNumber 123, they click the button and the folder \\server\share\folder\ProjectNumber opens. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Jeff Hi Jeff, At my job all users have Windows 2000 or Windows XP, and I use something similar to the follo...

user doesn't get internet mail
hi, i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. he can get from inside and send with no problem. thank you ron On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 03:19:04 -0800, "iz" <iz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi, >i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. >he can get from inside and send with no problem. >thank you >ron Has he actually got an smtp address on his mailbox properties? Internal mail in 5.5 doesn't use the smtp ...

macro needs info on currently highlighted message in search folder
I created a search folder, "Messages Sent Or Received Prior To 2008) by using the Advanced Search and creating a query. The list of messages is shown, including just the lowest level folder name. I can navigate through the messages, and I'd like write a macro to show the full folder path of the currently selected (not opened) message, because I have many dozens of folders and they're not all named uniquely at the lowest level. Can this be done? Thanks tbone Show it where? Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Program...

New users not working or in address book
We just loaded up a new exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 domain. Everything seemed to be working fine: All our users have email accounts and email was sending correctly. That's when we found out 1 user could not log in. He had no email addresses in his account settings, so I added them manually. Now he can log in but is not in the addressbook. All new accounts created are not going into the address book. In the eventvwr, I am receiving 8270 errors and 8315 errors. The checkbox for allowing rights to propogate are all checked. Thanks in advance, Chris See...

Outlook 2K3 After SP1 Hangs
Since applying SP1 to Outlook 2003, Outlook fails to fully close and come out of the system after exiting. It appears that when I start Outlook, if the initial Send/Recieve hangs (which it never used to) that I see this problem. But occasionally the S/R works right away and then I know it will exit cleanly and I won't need task mgr to kill it. Any fixex for the SP1 fix coming out soon??? or is this a new feature? Thanks Bill ...

No macros in 2008

opening excel document with shell as read only
Hello, I am presently using access to open an excel file by using the shell command. Is it possible by some command e.g. \readonly to open the excel file as read only? Cheers If you're automating excel from another program, you may be able to just create an instance of excel and open your workbook readonly: This worked for me from MSWord: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myXL As Object On Error Resume Next Set myXL = GetObject(, "Excel.Application") If Err.Number = 429 Then Set myXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") End If On Error GoTo 0 myXL.Visible =...

Outlook 2003 slow opening first html msg
Anyone else noticed a slowdown recently when opening the first html formatted message in Outlook 2003? It might have occurred during the recent MS updates, or it might be where I upgraded to IE7. That all happened about the same time. On my Pentium 800 with .5gb of ram, the message frame appears in about 20 seconds and the contents in another 20 seconds. This seems to only happen on the first e-mail to be opened. The next opens instantly. Dave ...

Macro Not Loading XLSART excel
I have created a macro and placed into the xlstart folder and the macro will load at first. At some point, the macro stops loading, yet the macro is still in the xlstart folder. Any thoughts? S Macros don't load from the XLSTART folder. Workbooks load from the XLSTART folder. The macro must be in workbook. Is your macro stored in a file named Personal.xls or in another workbook? Is the macro in a general module or Thisworkbook module or Worksheet module. Show us your macro code. More information please. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 10 May 2004 15:05:49 -0700, "S Crowel...

HELP!! Windows Explorer Hangs on Startup!
Hi all, I've had this Presario 2195US laptop for 4-5 years; running XP from SP1 to (now) SP3... no problems. 2-3 weeks ago, I tried to connect a 160gb USB-encased hard drive with no luck... proceeding along I pretty much hosed my windows. Anyway, I decided to reformat/install a copy of XP Pro w/SP3 (thought XP Home didn't like 160gb) and, after a few MS updates, every time I boot the system it shows the DESKTOP, the bottom left of the TaskBar and NOTHING on bottom-right. Cursor moves, I can Ctrl-Alt-Delete and, when I move cursor to TaskBar area... cursor turns in...

Active users on system
At some point one of the users was logged in to Dynamics GP 10.0 and was deleted while logged in. Is there any way to view who is currently logged in and perhaps log them off? Nevermind, finally found the answer in the posts. You can always go to Utilities=3D>System=3D>User Activity to see a List of Users logged in. However, Be aware that killing these users while logged in could create issues if they are in the middle of some postings or processing. You could also go to SQL Studio and Run against DYNAMICS database Select * from ACTIVITY to see the Users sessions. If you want to dri...

Having problems with window sizing on a protected workbook
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have some questions. I created a workbook for my shop that basically has simple macr functions that take you from sheet to sheet. The problem I'm having is when I protect the workbook, then re-open th workbook the window that displays the info is too small and is coverin some comments and a little text. How do I resize this window to suit my needs? Thanks Jo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi what window do you mean? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all, > > I'm new to the forum and have some qu...

Outlook 2000 hangs on exit..
Has anyone figured why Outlook 2000 hangs on exiting? I have all the latest updates, not using Internet Only set up (Workstation?), using XP Home... Most posts I've read never seem to identify any one cause.. MSKB doesn't seem to resolve it either - I must have missed something somewhere... Thank you! -- B'Regards, Vinnie I am researching this myself, I found this info, but cannot find where to download the hotfix as of yet.... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834005 I will post if I find more info. >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone figured why Outlook 2...

How to run a macro by opening a file?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to run a macro when I open a file? For example, I would like to run a specific macro within file.xls, if current time is between 9 am and 10 am, otherwise, don't run this macro. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? I am using XP with SP3 and Office 2003. Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi something like this might work........ Private Sub Workbook_Open() If Time > "9:00 AM" And Time < "10:00 AM" Then call ASpecificMacro Else MsgBox "current time out of range. terminati...

How to open Excel docs default with Excel 2007?
I had Office 2003 installed, then installed Office 2007 as well. The system was automatically configured then to open all Excel files (2003 or 2007) in Excel 2007. However, here at work they just did some Office 2003 update, and now XLS files are opening with Office 2003. If I go into Windows explorer and to file types and find XLS, when I browse to the office 12 directory and select EXCEL.EXE as the file used to open, it simply selects the "Microsoft Excel" that's already in the "Recommended Programs" section (at the top) of the "Which program to open the file wi...

AddWindowsPrinterConnection, but the mapping is NOT stored in the user profile
Hi everybody, I would like to add a network printer connection to a XP client with a logon script, but *without* store the mapping in the use profile. Is it possible ? Thanks in advance. -- Fran�ois Lafont francois a �crit : > I would like to add a network printer connection to a XP client with a > logon script, but *without* store the mapping in the use profile. Is it > possible ? Has anybody got an idea about this? I use roaming profiles and in the logon script I use the AddWindowsPrinterConnection method which stores the mapping in the profile. I...

macro for copying file
How to write a macro which copies a file in one loacation (source location) to other folder (destination). I used the function FileSystemObject.CopyFile "c:\mydocuments\letters\*.doc", "c:\tempfolder\" but it returned error. Can any one help me. Regards, Joseph My bet is you don't have a folder named "c:\mydocuments\letters" or you don't have a folder named "C:\tempfolder" or you don't have any *.doc files in that source folder. (c:\mydocuments could be c:\my documents (with that space character).) But you could check each before ...

Contact List in Address List for multiple user's
I created a Contact List in the Public FOlders. I want the list to appear in everyones Address List. How can I configure the Contact List to appear in everyones Address List without visiting each user's PC like through the Exchange System Manager, AD, GPO, etc? Thanks in advance. Greg In news:8AB85031-AE20-4CC9-B5D4-89556B7C5DC5@microsoft.com, Greg <gregkh@hotmail.com> typed: > I created a Contact List in the Public FOlders. I want the list to > appear in everyones > Address List. > > How can I configure the Contact List to appear in everyones Address > Lis...

Multiple Users receiving same account
This is a newbie question, but I can't think for the life of me. I want to setup 1 email address that will be received by 4 users. Do I set this up as a Group then add the users to that group? What kind of group? I don't want to have to go around and setup a pop3 account on each workstation. I know how to acheive this in Linux, but can't think how to do it in MS. Thank you everyone for helping I really appreciate it. Kevin Exchange versions would be helpful. You could set up a distribution list and add those four users to it. "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microso...

A macro to copy & paste many rows (a range) to the next column ..
Hi, I have some data that needs to be reformatted. (see below) The data has 4 columns, Col A ("Position"), Col B ("Assay") and Col C ("Alpha"), Col D ("Sample ID"). I want to select "the Col B & Col D sorted data" to be copied and pasted to the adjacent Cols-E thru H, and so on for all the different Assays (Col B) till end of file. Can this be done through a macro? A present I am filtering on Col C and then copying and pasting manually for each Assay. e.g WELL ASSAY_ID Alpha SAMPLE_ID A01 Statin1 C 1 ...

auto open message
Here is what I would like: Open the Excel file and the first thing I would see is a message box that tells me what is located in cell u12 Thanks pcor You can use a macro: Option Explicit Sub Auto_Open() msgbox thisworkbook.worksheets("Sheet9999").range("u12").text End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm pcor wrote: > > Here is what I would like: Open the Excel file and the first thing I would > see is a message box that tells me what is located in cell u12 ...