workbook duplication #2

how do I duplicate a workbook with formulas so that it can be used for a
different application, with the same formulas?
i have saved and reentered data, however it keeps linking back to the
original and data gets changed automatically.
i have clicked on do not update.
thanks, bruce
0
becamp (1)

Look at Edit/Links. Change the source for the new workbook as appropriate.

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 07:07:04 -0700, becamp <becamp@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>how do I duplicate a workbook with formulas so that it can be used for a
>different application, with the same formulas?
>i have saved and reentered data, however it keeps linking back to the
>original and data gets changed automatically.
>i have clicked on do not update.
>thanks, bruce

0
anonymous (74722)

parsing a date and time field #2

Money Central Portfolio #2

macro #2

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Statements #2

Yet another duplicate record dilemma
I have a table with records where one field are duplicates. I'm able to query to find duplicates and delete them, however what I need to do is find the duplicates, produce a total from another field, delete the duplicates and update the record field with the new total. Use the Find duplicates wizard, the build an Update query and either add to the field: Update MyTable Inner Join Querty1.ID On MyTable.ID Set MyField = MyField + Query1.MyField or just update it: Update MyTable Inner Join Querty1.ID On MyTable.ID Set MyField = Query1.MyField Then delete the duplicate data. -- Ar...

Macro

Find and mark duplicates
If I have two columns with data, how do I compare these two columns to find all duplicates and put an X on a third colum next to all duplicates? Thanks. =if(a1=b1,"X","") "maxtrixx" <maxtrixx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:139BC711-FAAC-4CD2-A533-CE49BA77291F@microsoft.com... > If I have two columns with data, how do I compare these two columns to > find > all duplicates and put an X on a third colum next to all duplicates? > Thanks. The problem is, I don't know which two cells to compare, I need to know if any o...

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Duplicate personal folders problem
Hello all, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 and I hope someone can help me resolve it I imported a PST file from Outlook XP that was on a different machine, and now I have two versions of Personal Folders in my All Mail Folders list. They both have Deleted Items, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-mail, Outbox, Sent Items and Search Folders in. One of them has an icon of a piece of paper with a clock to the top left and a house to the top right. The other one has an icon like a stack of files (like from a filing cabinet) They are clearly referencing the same thing, as the Deleted Items both have al...

Excel pivot table #2

Outlook Express 6 Spell Check #2
I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a problem with spell check. When you send an email, it says "spell check has been haulted, do you want to send anyway" and if I ask it to spell check, it says an error has occured in spell check. All my spelling options are correctly set, so I don't know what the problem is. Kimberly McNabb <knmcnabb@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a > problem with spell check. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Database #2
Hi I'm new to Outlook. I hear of an Outlook database in other threads. Is this synonymous with the ..pst or .ost files people mention? Does it corrupt often and if so are there tools to repair it? Regards Craig. There's a utility called ScanPST.EXE that will scan and attempt to repair the file. Yes, typically when a user says Outlook database they're referring to their PST file "Craig Roberts" <craigroberts@jkr.co.uk> wrote in message news:C4C8E141.211DE%craigroberts@jkr.co.uk... > Hi > > I'm new to Outlook. > > I hear of an Outlook d...

unique with 2 columns

Excel number formatting #2

host unreachable #2
hi, if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi queue im using E5,5 sp4 thks Is that for all domains, even for Yahoo and Hotmail? Rick wrote: > hi, > > if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i > don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong > until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi > queue > > im using E5,5 sp4 > > thks ...

Duplicate Public folders
I am struggling to get all my public folders replicated on both of my servers. The Status seems to be either "local Modified" or "both modified" I then discovered that MOST of my public folders viewed when I clicked on "View System Folders" did not have a listed replica on the other server. So I added a replica for each System Folder. Now I seem to have duplicates of some of these folder listed in the Public folders list of one of my servers. Can someone tell me where I can find a lits of folders that _should_ be replicated and which should not? Many tha...

Closing Excel #2
I have inherited an App desigend by an ex employee Sometimes the program leaves Excel in the task manager The programe uses various routines and calling various functions that define Excel sheets etc (badly named) I'm finding it hard to follow (my 1st experince of .NET) is there a way to KILL any Excel instence when exiting the program. I have come across some posts about GC (garbage collection) like this System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWsheet) oXLWsheet = Nothing 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWs) oXLWs = Nothing oBook.Clos...

hidden transactions #2
I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I tried to find out why, I got some greyed out transaction when I went from bill schedule through right click to payee. This transaction cannot be changed or deleted, but in total all such transactions made up the difference in balance. Any suggestions? Oscar -- Elvart In microsoft.public.money, elvigor wrote: >I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off >on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I ...

Finding and naming duplicates
Hi All, not sure if anyone can help with this. I have a column called VNTR24 which has 10+ digit numbers - these are not unique and we want to be able to identify people with matching VNTR24 numbers to cluster them. In excel I've used the following formula: =COUNTIF(A:A,A2)>1 to return in the next column a TRUE or FALSE based on whether two records are matched on VNTR24 number. I need to do the same in Access 2007, returning either a "TRUE" or "FALSE" if the records are clustered/matched on this VNTR24 or not in an UPDATE query!? Can anyone h...

Merging seperate workbooks into one workbook
Hi, I am looking to merge a bunch of workbooks with one sheet in each of them into a single workbook with a bunch of sheets. All of the files are in the same folder. Once upon I time I downloaded a utility from microsoft.com that did this in a snap, but I cannot find it. Does anyone know where I can find that utility or how I can do this? Much thanks, Raoul Duke Hi Raoul Start here http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Raoul Duke" <RaoulDuke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86D64287-6247-4FD6-9CFB-F...

Stats/PivotTables #2
I have to produce stats from data exported as a CSV file from a piece of custom made software we use here. The data displayed in Excel looks like this: 01/04/2003 05:31 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 01/04/2003 08:56 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 01/04/2003 11:16 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 02/04/2003 11:42 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 02/04/2003 05:31 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 02/04/2003 08:56 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 03/04/2003 11:16 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 03/04/2003 11:42 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY I have to produce a spreadsheet saying how many examinations were done by a particular doctor over a certain timespan. Each date li...