Word Wrap in Cells

Hiya,

Have a strange one.  Have word wrap set to on in cell format and have
text in paragraphs (using alt-ret) within the cell.  Some sentences (all
within the same cell)are wrapped but others aren't.  Any ideas?

New one on me this.  Many thanks, Shaun
0
shawk (4)

Hi
if you have lots of text in your cell (>1000 characters) this could happen

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hiya,
>
> Have a strange one.  Have word wrap set to on in cell format and have text
> in paragraphs (using alt-ret) within the cell.  Some sentences (all within
> the same cell)are wrapped but others aren't.  Any ideas?
>
> New one on me this.  Many thanks, Shaun

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/21/2004 3:07:24 PM
Frank Kabel wrote:
> Hi
> if you have lots of text in your cell (>1000 characters) this could happen

Hmm, thanks for that.  Have just checked and there are less than a
quarter of that.  Have since tried a few things.  Copying the cell and
pasting it into another cell makes no difference.  Neither does removing
all formatting and reapplying it.  Strange one.  Thanks again.  Shaun
0
shawk (4)
12/21/2004 3:48:55 PM
Maybe you could add some more alt-enters to force line breaks.

Shawk wrote:

> Frank Kabel wrote:
> > Hi
> > if you have lots of text in your cell (>1000 characters) this could happen
> >

> Hmm, thanks for that.  Have just checked and there are less than a
> quarter of that.  Have since tried a few things.  Copying the cell and
> pasting it into another cell makes no difference.  Neither does removing
> all formatting and reapplying it.  Strange one.  Thanks again.  Shaun

--

Dave Peterson
0

Name cells before sort
Hi everyone I've a long list of clients, all with values. I have to count and sum them all but first i have to name them all. I'd like, if possible, to do a sort first and name it all and then put the list back how it was, but i loose the reference of the names. Any ideas? Tks in advance Pedro Hi Pedro, Try using a pivot table to summarize your data. For more help see: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot...

Can I highlight a cell and link it to another workbook?
I need to highlight one cell and link it to another cell in a different workbook where I want to enter a text definition of the first cell. I don't think linking works because that just gives me the same information in a different cell. I want to be able to click on a cell in one worksheet and be able to "flip" to its definition in another worksheet. Thanks! -- Jenn Create a hyperlink... Click the cell you want to link so it is the active cell. Go to the Insert menu and choose 'hyperlink' In the hyperlink window select the 'Place in this Document' button...

Locate a cell, based on a criteria, then use the 'Cell' command...
I am using a pivot table to configure some data. In the first column, the pivot table of course displays only one instance of the text representing of data group. What I need to do is determine in which cell a particular item of text (i.e. the criteria) resides in. Once I can locate the cell where my 'criteria' text string resides, I can then use the CELL function to return the row number. My question is... what excel formula can I use to locate a cell in a single column range, where the cell contains the text = "XYZ" My eventual plan is to then use the following ...

Hidden Cells #4
How do you total the number of cells in a column without includnig the hidden cells in the same column? If the cells are hidden as a result of filtering, you could use something like: =SUBTOTAL(9,A2:A8) If you have manually hidden the rows, I don't know how you achieve what you want Regards Trevor "Helpme" <Helpme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB29AD75-E25B-40EC-AB7D-5C9A6DADE6F3@microsoft.com... > How do you total the number of cells in a column without includnig the > hidden > cells in the same column? Trevor and Helpme. If row...

tables in word
Hi Can anyone help. I can't line up a column of figures on a decimal point in my word table. They look terrible, as they're all over the place. Thanks. "sharon" <sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F1FBE47-3F91-4395-89AC-73FADB50A1EF@microsoft.com... > Hi Can anyone help. I can't line up a column of figures on a decimal point > in > my word table. They look terrible, as they're all over the place. Thanks. You need to ask in a discussion group for Word. This group is for .NET programming questions. Here's how to...

I need 2 add a legend 2 pictures in a word or publisher document
can anyone help My first suggestion would be to use proper words. Using cutesy shorthand is downright annoying. Having said that - what exactly do you want to do? And in which program? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "add legend to word or publisher document" <add legend to word or publisher document@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6C68A8C-6C18-4A36-9B62-B66FBE049F31@microsoft.com... > can anyone help Is this English? -- Don ------- Vancouver, USA "add legend to word or publisher document" <add legend to word or p...

Problems with inserting Word doc in Excel
Hi, I am using MS Excel 2000 SR1. When I insert a Word document as an object in my worksheet (Insert->Object->Create from File), I notice that Excel imports only the first page of the document. Is there a way to overcome this problem ? Thanks and regards, Viral. Only the first page of an embedded Word object will be visible, and there's no way to change this setting. You could split the Word document into multiple files, and insert each one separately into Excel. Viral A wrote: > I am using MS Excel 2000 SR1. > > When I insert a Word document as an object in my w...

Printing Quotes on Word Document
We just upgraded to CRM 4.0. I am creating a Word template to allow us to print from our Quotes and have run into two problems. First when I import dates from CRM into my document in brings the time as well even though I have set date only on the attribute for the field in CRM. The second issue deals with products. Only one line item is imported onto the Word form, but all of the totals and discounts track properly. Any ideas? I just went through this as well. I was able to get four products in a "Table" but the formating was aweful. I used a Word Basic loop "{IF ...

Word 2008 "Draft View" font drawing issues
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I work in &quot;draft view,&quot; which is most of the time, and I'm scrolling, the program often doesn't properly redraw the text. As a result, the ends of lines of text disappear or sometimes I see double images of text. I can redraw the text either by doing a &quot;select all&quot; or by flipping to &quot;print layout view,&quot; both of which are complete time-wasters. <br><br>I didn't have this problem in Word 2004 when I was in &quot;normal view,&quot...

directing the sum of a cell to either of two cells depending on va
I have a spreadsheet for working out hours worked that ends like this..... Total Hours _ Add Credit brought forward _ Deduct debit BF _ Total Hours for the week _ Less Standard hours - 36 Total _ What i need to do is forward this balance to another copy of this sheet using a formula that says if its a positive number then it goes to the credit cell but if its a negative number then it goes to the debit cell. Hope this makes sense. If not please ask - I need help. Thanks Debi Would 2 seperate "if" functions work for you. In the debit column put, "if&quo...

Search for Words in Documents
Hi, I'm trying to create a engineering database whereby there will be hyperlinks to engineering documents. I'm trying to create a query whereby I can search for words in these engineering documents. How can it be done? Please do not multi-post and cross-post your question. You are much better served to have 1 post were everyone's ideas are located so a true discussion can occur. See you post at for a possible solution: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=enus&dg=microsoft.public.access.ge...

Outlook not opening word attachments
I am having trouble trying to get into my emails through both Outlook 2003 and on msn messenger? Basically, it tells me the attachments are not available to open! even though they open on other machines when forwarded etc!! The files are normally either word .doc or .jpg's Any HELP would be appreciated Paul add yourself to the admin group to the pc >-----Original Message----- >I am having trouble trying to get into my emails through >both Outlook 2003 and on msn messenger? > >Basically, it tells me the attachments are not available >to open! even though they op...

Using text in a cell in a formula
I need to have a formula use the text of adjacent cells to determine where to look for values. I want to grab data from multiple datasheets but I don't want to have to type the sheet name in every formula, I want the formula to grab the name of the sheet from an adjacent cell. i.e. I need a formula like =if(sheet1!B2>0,100,""), but I need a function that will fill in the sheet name from the text value of an adjacent cell that would have the sheet name in it as I will be doing this for multiple cells on the same sheet. see your other post -- Biff Microsoft...

how do I restrict cell input to dates only?
how do I restrict cell input to dates only? I want a message to be displayed informing the user that only dates are allowed in the cell. Try data|validation. On the settings tab, you can specify that the cell wants dates. James E Slack wrote: > > how do I restrict cell input to dates only? I want a message to be displayed > informing the user that only dates are allowed in the cell. -- Dave Peterson Have a look at Data > Validation Under the "Allow" drop down choose date -- Cutter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cutter&...

Removing text from cells
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a list of reference numbers in column A. The numbers are like this. AAA/12345/Smith J Mr What I want to do is remove the text after the last / eg. Smith J Mr. I have thousands of cells I need to remove this on. Please help. Thanks. Hi Craig are all the entries the same number of characters for the first two sections, AAA/12345/ BBB/67890/ etc if so you can do this using a "helper" column - in column B type ==LEFT(A1,10) and then double click on the fill handle (bottom right hand side of cell) to fill down now copy column B click on A1 and ch...

Activating a sound alert on cell value
I have a excel book where I link on-line quotes from internet. HOW DO I SET UP AN ALERT TO ACTIVATE A SOUND WHEN THE CONTENT IN A CERTAIN CELL REACHES A PRE-DETERMINED VALUE? I have not worked with Visual basic before and its Excel 2003 Im using. Can anyone help please? (It would be great if the formula is in Swedish). Kind Regards, Sebastian Flyte ...

sum a cell value over 75
Please help!! Excel beginner! I need to build a formula that will add any remaining value over 75 in a cell. For example: In cell A1 = 76.5 In cell A2 - I need a formula that will sum anything over 75 and enter 1.5 into cell A2. Thanks in advance for everyone's help!! > For example: > In cell A1 = 76.5 > In cell A2 - I need a formula that will sum anything over 75 and enter 1.5 > into cell A2. Perhaps, as a start .. try in A2: =IF(A1>75,1.5,"") A2 will return 1.5 if A1 contains a number exceeding 75, otherwise A2 will just appear empty ("") -- ...

Allow VBA code to change a locked cell??
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I have written some VBA code that sets the values in certain cells using code like the following: Worksheets("MySheet").Range("A5") = MyValue This code works when my worksheet is not protected and cell A5 is not locked. When I protect the worksheet (with A5 locked), my code does not work. I get run-time error '1004' - "The cell or chart that you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only". I'd like to keep the cell locked (so users cannot edit it), but I do want my VBA code to be able...

WORD FORMS
I need to change the colour of a CELL in a word form depending on the seletion of a Dropdown form called "Select Level" which provides 4 differing levels to choose from. Level 1 = Platinum Level 2 = Gold Level 3 = Silver Level 4 = Bronze And i Wish to change the colour of cells further down the form to those colours specified against each level. I believe that I may need touse a macro to do this, but have never actually used one before and do not even know how to start (Complete Novice in Macro) so would need instructions of how to input the macro if anyone is kind e...

Links between cells
I have cells linked within my workbook so that I change a source tab and automatically update other tabs. The text updates fine. The color of target won't change when I update the source color. Any suggestions. Hi not possible in Excel. Even with VBA event macros not feasible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "lsm" <lsm@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D0940D5D-A044-4B50-945F-B5F749D0DAC7@microsoft.com... > I have cells linked within my workbook so that I change a source tab and > automatically update other tabs. The text updates...

Changing Names of Multiple Cell Link Ranges
I have a series of drop down boxes created with the Forms menu. The cell link range for each dropdown is different, as follows: Cell Link Box1 = DemandBase_A_UndistExp1 Cell Link Box2 = DemandBase_A_UndistExp2 Cell Link Box3 = DemandBase_A_UndistExp3 Cell Link Box...n = DemandBase_A_UndistExp...n I want to change them all at once to: DemandBase_A_OtherCost1 DemandBase_A_OtherCost2 DemandBase_A_OtherCost... I know I can change the entire name using the following code: Sub Change_Drop_Link() For Each bx In ActiveSheet.DropDowns If bx.LinkedCell = "DemandBase_A_UndistExp1" Then ...

cell formula
I have a cell formula i want to modify so it says "YES" if today is a monday and "No" if today is any other day of the week. =IF(B9="","YES","NO") at this stage it works if B9 is not empyy is this possible? thanks rslc Hi, How about this =IF(WEEKDAY(B9)=2,"Yes","No") -- Mike When competing hypotheses are...

Paste Formula that skips a cell.
I have a user that has received a file from a client that must not be altered apart from the required edits. The user has already discounted VLookup. The list from the client has two rows per "site". I need to paste a formula which looks to another file, this source file has only one row per "site". How can I paste the formula down the Client's site list but not have to edit the thousands of pasted formula to align the cells. eg. the paste into say client H4 is ok but client H6 should look to source H5, and client H5 will be blank, Client H8 will look to source H6....

Vlookup on 0 cell entry
Hi I have some vlookup formulas on looking at cells with a 0. I am getting a return of #n/a in the cells. I would like these to be blank. How do I do this please? Thanks Brian On Nov 13, 4:27 pm, "brian.bake...@googlemail.com" <brian.bake...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi > > I have some vlookup formulas on looking at cells with a 0. I am > getting a return of #n/a in the cells. I would like these to be blank. > How do I do this please? > > Thanks > > Brian Try this formula: =if(iserror(YOURFORMULA),"",YOURFORMULA) hth Carlo ...

Import "tab name" to cells
Hi. Is there a way to import the name of each tab to each worksheet? I'm creating a rather large worksheet and each workpaper needs to have the name of tab listed at the top. Please help!! Instead of using the Header/Footer option, I need to show the name of each tab in, for example, cell A1 of each w/b. Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >What do you mean? >You want to print them? > >"Stan" <stanyoo@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht >news:8db601c35b60$0b56c5d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... >> Hi. >> >> Is there a way to import the name of each ...