Word Table into Excel

When I copy a row of text (divided into a number of columns) from a wor
table and paste in Excel - it copies down all information from acros
the columns down into ONE column (col A) instead of across int
seperate columns.  Is there any way I can copy over details from
table in word to cells into Excel without writing VB

you can create a table in Word that is the same size as
the excel information that you are trying to move and
then simply copy and paste (when pasting make sure that
you highlight the entire table though.)

columns) from a word
>table and paste in Excel - it copies down all
information from across
>the columns down into ONE column (col A) instead of
across into
>seperate columns.  Is there any way I can copy over
details from a
>table in word to cells into Excel without writing VB?
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/23/2004 1:59:44 PM
Dear Sandy

In Word, move your cursor over the top left corner of your
table until you see a 4-way arrow appear. Click on this
arrow to select the entire table, copy the table. Move to
Excel and right mouse click in the cell where you want the
table to start and click paste. You should now have all
you table information in Excel in the same layout as your
Word table.

Hope this helps

Paul Falla
from across
>the columns down into ONE column (col A) instead of
across into
>seperate columns.  Is there any way I can copy over
details from a
>table in word to cells into Excel without writing VB?
>

>---
>
>.

0
paul_falla (99)

PDF Table to Excel Spreadsheet
This has been asked in numerous places all over the web but I have not found a workable solution. We have a mainframe system that generates PDF reports for billing. However, few people in our organization these days speak mainframe. We need Excel to do calculations on the data. I began working on a method for converting using UEdit Macros and an Excel macro because the fields are fixed-width. My attempts have been unsuccessful. Here is what I want to accomplish: -Copy a region of text from a PDF -Paste into Excel -Break the values out into the appropriate cells. http://www.google.com/sea...

Excel Drop Down Boxes #2
Question; does anybody know how to add additional data to a previous drop down box? I have created a form that has several drop down boxes a while ago, and due to some information that has been change I need to input more info in the drop down boxes but for some odd reason I cant remember how I executed these actions!! If it helps I am using Excel 2000. -- CRS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CRS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27444 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46...

Make a pivot table from an existing pivot table
I'm trying to make a completely new pivot table out of an existing pivot table where the existing table is actually the source data (not the original data table). The problem I have is that this intermediate pivot table has 3 columns of unique values (with over 1000 rows) before we get to the data. I can't just copy it and make a pivot table, or create a mirror sheet that isn't a pivot table because of the blank cells underneath each change in value. I have this: Source Name Attempts Data Mail Joe 1 654 2 700 ...

Best way to design tables for cascading on my form
My company inspects damaged cars for insurance purposes. Up to now, (relating to this issue) I've had tblDamageArea populate a list box on my form where the user can select the various parts of the car that were damaged. I've had this list include parts for multiple kinds of cars and I'd like to make this list cascade to include only those parts relevant to the car type inspected. I've created a tblVehType to separate Sedan, Coupe, 4DoorTruck, SUV, etc. which populates a cbo on my form where the user will select the type which will then be used as the crite...

Missing something basic
Working with Access 2003. I have a table of users, their phone numbers, and job classes called tblUsers. A query extracts that information into qryUsers. I have a form that uses the query as the record source called frmUsers. The form only contains a single combobox so someone can select the user for which they wish to view data in other forms. It works fine for the first user on the list in the combobox. Selecting any other user in the combobox causes the first record in the table to change to that user's name. For example: The table and the query both contain: Timmy Bobby ...

How do I use excel names with INDIRECT with charts
Hello, I want to create a Chart that does not directly reference cell-ranges (i.e. A1:A6), but excel-names that make the reference sheet-independent. My aim is to be able to copy one chart to other worksheets, which have their dataareas at the same places like the source-sheet. Problem: This works fine in cells but not in charts Excel name definition: =INDIRECT("R3C2";0):INDIRECT("R3C5";0) Any idea about this? Thanks in advance, Holger. You have to include the sheet name in the final formula that you want XL to use. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.co...

Excel
i use Excel with office xp. i have a form we have made that requires client Name, Address, Phone, Fax etc etc etc... currently i keep all those contacts within my outlook contacts... is there a way i can type in the client business name in that cell, and have excel do one of the following: autofill with available address, phone, fax, PC, City/Town, contact... or... give me a choice of available contact... keep in mind, the Address, Phone, Fax, PC, City, Contact Name are all different rows and colums... Any thoughts Big One method....... Export your Contacts from Outlook as a *.CSV f...

Excel VB Code Error
I am trying to create a .csv file from an Excel workbook using a VB module and am wondering if someone can tell me what's wrong with the below code: Public Sub CSV2() Application.DisplayAlerts = False Sheets.Add ActiveSheet.Name = "Temp_10001" For Each ws In Worksheets If ws.Name <> "Temp_10001" Then ws.UsedRange.Copy Sheets("Temp_10001").Range("A1").Activate x = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count If x > 1 Then ActiveCell.Offset(x, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpec...

Problems saving excel file from outlook
I have an EU that whenever he saves an excel file from outlook, it will rename the file (by adding the number "2" at the end of the file "file2.xls") and it also changes all the embedding links in the document. (The embedding link of F:\users\file.xls changes to c:\documents and settings\file.xls) Are you setting a Hyperlink base for your links? See Menu > File > Property > Summary tab. Put the original folder location there and when you move or save the file the links will not be renamed. Also assigning a letter to the drive can cause problems (not ...

Summing cells in pivot tables
I have a problem summing cells in a pivot table. When I double-click on a cell that I want to add, the formula from that cell gets added. Eventually I run out of characters. Is there a way to switch how the cell gets picked up. I can manually enter the cell addresses that I am trying to sum but that takes forever. Thanks, Ted There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Ted wrote: > I have a problem summing cells in a pivot table. When I double-cli...

Excel tab as windows
Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open another tab as a smaller window that is always on top. So I can enter information in both tabs without having to minimize, maximize, or switch back & forth? Thanks C. Fillmore Hi you could align the windows so you can see both at the same time. But a 'always on top' option does not exist AFAIK -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany surveyorinva wrote: > Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open > another tab as a smaller window that is always on top. So I can > enter in...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

how do i search an excel sheet for links to another spreadhseet?
Is there a Find function that allows me to look for links in a sheet? When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm Flutie99 wrote: > > Is there a Find function that allows me to look for links in a sheet? -- Dave Peterson ...

Excel Reader scroll bar???
I'm using an Excel viewer to read e-mail attachments from my home office. I don't have Excel installed on my machine, only the viewer. Often I do not have the horizontal scroll bar. I have tried maximizing the window and still no luck. Any solutions for this? Thanks ...

data extraction from excel
I need to pull information from one collumn. If the collumn is comprised of yes's and no's, can excel create a list of just the yes's? Try something like this: Assuming your list is in A1:B100, with A1: Question B1: Response C1: Response C2: Yes D1: Question (the same col heading as A1) E1: Response (the same col heading as B1) Select your list (A1:B100) Data>Filter>Advanced Filter List Range: (already selected) Criteria Range: C1:C2 Click the [OK] button to filter the list in place. OR To copy the matching records to another area: Click: Copy to another location Copy...

batch importing of mailing lists to Excel
I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then have to individually copy & paste (or type) all the info in three Excel columns? Or is there a simpler solution for batch importing of mailing lists to the Excel spreadsheet? "bgsignal" wrote: > I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and > Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> > Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then ...

Excel Slooooow. It takes 4 to 6 seconds to perform each input or command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Excel 2008 on a new installation of Snow Leopard and it does not work properly. It takes ages to register every input or command, like a large Lag. <br><br>EG. each figure or text, input into cells takes 4 seconds from hitting enter to accepting the input. Changing the width of a column takes 6 seconds from letting go of the mouse after dragging to the new width. etc etc. <br><br>I have checked for updates. Any ideas? > I have just installed Excel 2008 on a n...

Deleting a word from a Cell
Hi Can anyone help, i am trying to deletel the last word from a Cell My cell currently read: - M04274059519 Total and I need a formula that will delete the "total" word Would really appreciate some help linexe On Jan 21, 7:27=A0am, Linexe <l.clark...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone help, i am trying to deletel the last word from a Cell > > My cell currently read: - =A0M04274059519 Total > > and I need a formula that will delete the "total" word > > Would really appreciate some help > > linexe C...

pasting excel data in a powerpoint slide
I am attempting to paste an excel data table in a powerpoint slide but once pasted, the data is cut off. If I double click and enter the excel data table and resize the window from Powerpoint, the same data shown simply stretches to the new size. I have tried numerous ways of pasting from the excel sheet and it still acts the same. I tried a new workbook and was able to resize correctly. But to recreate all of the data and formulas in a different workbook would be difficult. Is there a setting or something in excel that is not allowing me to resize this particular workbook? Thanks...

Simple coding in Excel
I have created a series of forms which go from one to another via a macro, which is simply: Sheets("Implementation").Select DialogSheets("Implementation").Show (created by record macro). There are two issues: 1. This same code does not work when assigned to auto_macro for the first form? 2. After moving to subsequent forms, the previous forms are visible (but not accessible) in the background. This just looks untidy and I would like a command to close them. Many thanks Have you tried? Sheets("Sheet Name").Visible = True Sheets("Sheet N...

excel time formulas
I have a column which shows a format of hours, mins and seconds an would like to find a formula which can convert it into minutes only i.e 10:50.2 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Format the cells as [mm] -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "aly1cat >" <<aly1cat.185f1c@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:aly1cat.185f1c@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a column which shows a format of hours, mins and seconds and > would like to find a f...

excel 2007 home key
how do i get the home key to work. excel 2003 did it in tools/transition When you say get the home key to "work", do you mean have it return the active cell to A1? Click on the Office Button (top-left of screen) Click on the "Excel Options" button (at the bottom of the menu) Select the "Advanced" Tab on the left Scoll down to the bottom of the page Look for the section "Lotus Compatibility" Check the "Transition Navigation Keys" checkbox Click OK HTH Elkar "joyce" wrote: > how do i get the home key to work. excel 2003 did it...

Startup Template
I have a template (.xltm file) containing a macro that is assigned to a button on the QAT for that template. The macro is in ThisWorkbook. When I just open the template, or double-click it from Windows, the button displays and the macros runs correctly. I want the button available all the time so I saved the template in the Excel start folder - C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART. When I launch Excel the button does not display, which I take it to mean the template has not loaded. Same result if I put the template in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Offi...

Searching for variables in excel database
Hi, I have an excel database ( 10 columns x 1500 rows ) and I want to be able to have a search function on a seperate worksheet. I want the search function to work like the autofilter function, but this way could be more appealling to the eye. Any tips on how to achieve this ??? Thanks -- Gavin77 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Gavin77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25824 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392161 ...

Typing the date into Excel
Hi, and thanks in advance. I've recently updated from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. I'm having a problem with entering dates: (1) I enter a date, say: 5/17/2009 or 5-17-2009 (2) The cell displays 0.000146 or -2021. (3) I format the cells as "date". (4) The cell displays as 1900/01/00 or ##### (indefinite) (5) The formula bar displays =5/17/2009 or =5-17-2009 (6) It doesn't matter if I format the cells as dates in advance or after entering the date. I'm guessing that there is a setup option somewhere that is wrong, but I can't find it. The documentation, and my ...