Word recognition

Hi there,

I'm trying to design a spreadsheet that can have user input to generat
information (in this case, its about T60, which is all abou
reverberation time in a room. so acoustics).

basically what i want is that when the user types in a material, fo
example "plasterboard", then excel knows where to look for th
absorption coefficients for plasterboard.

is this possible? perhpas i have explained myself properly..

thanks for your help

--
MessianicDream
MessianicDreams's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2988

Hi MessianicDreams,

See:

---
Regards,
Norman

"MessianicDreams"
<MessianicDreams.20jtsm_1135435200.7427@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:MessianicDreams.20jtsm_1135435200.7427@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to design a spreadsheet that can have user input to generate
> information (in this case, its about T60, which is all about
> reverberation time in a room. so acoustics).
>
> basically what i want is that when the user types in a material, for
> example "plasterboard", then excel knows where to look for the
> absorption coefficients for plasterboard.
>
> is this possible? perhpas i have explained myself properly..
>
> thanks for your help!
>

> --
> MessianicDreams
> MessianicDreams's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29887
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495904

0
normanjones (1047)

Mac Word 2008: How can I tile a background or watermark?

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Word to Excel #2
I cant seem to find a forum for MS Word so I am posting this query here. I have a Word document with 926 pages in it. It has been created from a mail merge so each individual page is a new letter with an address at the top of it. Unfortunately we have lost the orginal source file. Does any one know of a way to strip the first 6 or 7 lines out of a Word doucment and put them into Excel? Thanks David Price Technical Support ABI Building Data Ltd www.abibuildingdata.com There is a forum for Word, it's under this section (Office) and Word (at the very bottom). >-----Original Mes...

Yahoo text has multiple deletions since '08 Word was installed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I've probably made some basic error with installing Office: mac 2008. Since doing so, I can't read much of anything on Yahoo. Many letters are missing; some are squished together. Is there are a problem with font compatibility? I'd welcome any suggestions on how to fix the problem. Otherwise, I'll need to uninstall and try again, which I suppose is not a bad initial strategy. Please help. Simply shut the computer down, turn it off, then restart. When you restart, you force a rebuilt of the font caches, ...

How do I create an 11 X 17 document in Word?
I am trying to create an 11X17" document in Word and I get a message that my margins don't fit. When I go to print preview about 1/3 of the document isn't showing. The same thing happens in Publisher. What am I doing wrong? I'll bet your printer can't handle an 11 x 17 sheet of paper. You need drivers for one that does. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "A vexed teacher" <A vexed teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E978CF3-208B-4174-B83A-A2469D5241CE@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create an 11X17" document ...

AUTO DATE RECOGNITION
HOW CAN I STOP PART NUMBERS WHICH HAVE DASHES IN THEM BEING CONVERTED INTO DATES WHEN I DO A DATA IMPORT INTO EXCEL? Yell real LOUD. That does it for me. Seriously, please don't use all caps for subject or body of msg. It is considered shouting and rude. Try pre-formatting your destination range to text. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "TONY" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD32B08C-CD73-4585-B706-6F29B17894D0@microsoft.com... > HOW CAN I STOP PART NUMBERS WHICH HAVE DASHES IN THEM BEING CONVERTED INTO DATES WHEN I DO A ...

Word 2007 Find/Highlight Function
In Word 2007, the Find function allows you to find and highlight words or phrases in a document. However, saving the document with those 'found' words highlighted does not save the highlighted text. Additionally, if searching for multiple different words in a document, when you search on a 2nd or subsequent word, the 1st or previous 'found' word highlight all disappear. This functionality was possible in Word 2003 and XP environment. Question: In Word 2007, is there a way to highlight and keep highlighted multiple word searches/highlighted words and save the do...

Outlook 2003 and Word XP?
Outlook 2003 seems to deny me the option to use Word as its editor. Is there a way around this? MK _______________________________________________________________________ Michael Kenward Words for sale Not that I know of other then upgrading to Word 2003. Office does not like to work with mixed components. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA <kenward@ukgateway.net> wrote in message news:hn70701gt9liv11glcvjn5q2qu99anhi9d@4ax.com... > Outlook 2003 seems to deny me the option to use Word as its...

wondering if i can do this in Word
I have a document of about 40 pages, with page breaks that i have placed. At the moment I would like to get rid of these breaks and have a unified document Would it be possible to somehow eliminate all the page breaks with one action, as in for example "find and replace", or do I have to go about it individually, eliminating each page break? thanks. Find and replace should do it. Open the find and replace dialog. With the cursor in the find what box, click the More button and then Special. You'll see a list of special characters and features you can search for, ...

Set Cell Padding on word tables with merged cells
Dear Experts: Below macro sets certain padding values for the selected table. Regrettably it fails to work on tables with merged cells. Have you got any idea how to re-write the code so that tables featuring merged cells also get worked on? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub SetPadding Dim myCell As Cell Dim myRow As row Dim myTable As Table Set myTable = Selection.Tables(1) For Each myRow In myTable.rows For Each myCell In myRow.Cells myCell.TopPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0) myCell.BottomPadding = C...

How to generate MS Word documents (CRM3.0)
�ste es un mensaje de varias partes en formato MIME. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C8A624.D4495BB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi: =20 We need Dynamics CRM generates MS Word documents merging CRM data and = static Word templates. As far as we know, there isn't a simple way to = have this functionality in place, so there are some third parties = selling such type of add-on. =20 Do you know any good product (and cheap) being capable to perform a mail = merge and generating Word documents? Note: Documents we need ...

Edit a word in many publisher files
> I need to change one word in a few hundred documents in Publisher. > I can: > open each file>Ctrl'M'>highlight and paste the text> save and open the next. > This is very lengthy, surely somone will have some software to do bulk > changes to a large numbr of files.Pleasehelp me if you can ...

normal was being edited by another word session
hi frnz, i am getting this error every time.how can avoid it Thanks in advance Hari.A Ensure all copies of Winword.exe are closed - check with CTRL+ALT+DEL > proocesses. Then see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&l...

Word file is not opening. Windows cannot find it..
While using word on my computer I have been getting this message. Windows cannot find 'C: /Users/XXXXXX/Desktop/Folder name/Resume.docx' (XXXXXX to protect name). Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again. The only way I can get it open is to open word then select the file again from its location. Any help would be appreciated. Do you have any add-ins installed? Try running Word in Safe Mode to see if that resolves the problem, then remove any problematic add-ins. You can open any Office or Office family program in Office Safe Mode by pressing CTRL whi...

Word 2004 crashes when editing document
Hello, I am using Word 2004 for OS X. Today, Word 2004 began crashing whenever I tried to edit a specific document. I downloaded the Office update (11.1, I think), and it still crashed. I removed Office, removed all preferences, re-installed Office and the update, and Word still crashes. Thank you in advance for your help. The error log follows: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 1.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2005-01-16 17:18:55 -0500 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Version: 11.1.0.040910 Module Name: Microsoft_Drawing_2001Z Module Version: 11....

converting numbers into words
Does anyone have a script to convert numbers into words (e.g. in the way you would print on a check)? Thanks Joerg Joerg Have a look at the KB article here to build your own Function http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q213/3/60.ASP OR Download MOREFUNC.XLL from Laurent Longre's site. Does this(NumText) and much more. http://longre.free.fr/english/index.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 15:40:52 -0400, "Joerg Reutershan" <joerg.reutershan@adelphia.net> wrote: >Does anyone have a script to convert numbers into words (e.g. in the way y...

word as e-mail editor #6
I have OfficeXP standard edition 2002. The computer (a HP laptop) came with an unregistered copy of OfficeXP 2003. I have two problems which may or may not be related. The first problem is that I inadvertently clicked on Word 2003. The program asked for my product ID. I canceled out and loaded Word 2002. Now anytime I use my OfficeXP 2002 I get a message saying that this program has not been registered and requires a product key. THis usually happens when I close out of a 2002 program. I can still use 2002 but I always get the message asking me for the product ID key for 2003. The se...

remove line breaks in word 07
I want to remove line breaks in word 07 without doing each one manually. All that I've found seems to apply to Excel or older versions of word. Is there a way to do it with this version? Thanks in advance. Line breaks or paragraph breaks? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <&...

word 2003
MS Offices Word 2003 will now only open in 'safe mode' and a dialog box opens telling me 'an error has occurred preventing Word from opening' but nothing tells me why this is happening and what I can do to correct it. Can anybody help? -- ????? See the article "Problems opening Word” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProbsOpeningWord.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Grarobi" <Grarobi@discussions.microsof...

Word Wrap in Cell Stops???
Hi All, I have a spreadsheet where the cell is configured to word wrap. Admittedly the cell contains a lot of text, but after working ok for a bit the word wrap suddenly stops and the remaining text disappears to the right. The text is there because it can be seen in the edit bar at the top. Any ideas how I can get the cell to format properly though please? Ta. Bill. Try adding alt-enters (to force newlines within the cell) every 80-100 characters. Bill wrote: > > Hi All, > > I have a spreadsheet where the cell is configured to word wrap. Admittedly > the cell contai...

MS Word Problem
Hello people following problem: in a MFC MDI application one also shall Being displayed Word97 document. And but not in an external program but as a one prayed OLE object. I have managed this. The following problem lets itself be seen now: if I maximize/reduce the main window the visible range of the Word document shall adapt the visible doesn't become however if I maximize the object frame of the OLE object Range of the document changed but Word zoom lens the document. To this the one prayed window is placed so for this these force Word-Scrollbalken are no longer visible. I can ...

Word 2004 docs not opening on my Macbook Pro

OT: Google search add-in for Word?
I use Ron deBruin's Google search add-in almost daily - it's saved my life more times than I can count! (If you don't know what this is, you need to find out! http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm ) I deal a lot with people who use Word almost exclusively, and opening Excel even to use the Help menu is about more than they can handle. Is there any way to get Ron's add-in in a Word-compatible format (so these people can look up the answers to their own questions and let me go back to work!)? Ed Hi Ed Glad you like it I finish version 6 some weeks ago. There is a Word ver...

Compressing a Word file with jpeg photos
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I have a 16 MB Word file with JPEG photos I'd like to email. Is there any way to compress this file? <br><br>Thanks. In article <59bb8f42.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, <nancfp@officeformac.com> wrote: >Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I have a 16 MB >Word file with >JPEG photos I'd like to email. Is there any way to compress this file? In the Finder, select the file and choose File > Create Archive. Patty No. JPEGs are already compressed as tight as ...

Track changes by multiple users in Word 2007
I have a document that I edited. It is then to be edited by two other people, then again by me. I want each person's edits to be in a different color, but this doesn't seem possible. when I go to track changes and change the color, it changes the color of all the edits. I saved the doc under a different name than the one with the original edits, but that doesn't make any difference. You need to set the color to "By Author." You can't control who gets what color (and this may appear different on different systems), but each user will have a distinctive on...