Window resets to A1 when entering data

I'm using Excel 2004 for Mac on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.5.8.  When I go to
enter data into a cell, the window automatically moves so that A1 is the
uppermost left cell.  This is very frustrating because I then have to find
the cell I was entering data into by scrolling all over the place.  Any ideas
on why the cell I'm entering data into won't stay in view?

not sure never seen a mac, but does it only happen in one workbook on one sheet?
do you have any code on the code page?

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"Mac User" <Mac User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Excel 2004 for Mac on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.5.8.  When I go to
> enter data into a cell, the window automatically moves so that A1 is the
> uppermost left cell.  This is very frustrating because I then have to find
> the cell I was entering data into by scrolling all over the place.  Any ideas
> on why the cell I'm entering data into won't stay in view?

0
Gary
1/5/2010 4:29:46 AM
Thanks for your response!  It does only happen in one workbook on one sheet.
As for the code page, I'm not sure how to check that...

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

> not sure never seen a mac, but does it only happen in one workbook on one sheet?
> do you have any code on the code page?
>
> --
>

> Gary Keramidas
> Excel 2003
>

> "Mac User" <Mac User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using Excel 2004 for Mac on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.5.8.  When I go to
> > enter data into a cell, the window automatically moves so that A1 is the
> > uppermost left cell.  This is very frustrating because I then have to find
> > the cell I was entering data into by scrolling all over the place.  Any ideas
> > on why the cell I'm entering data into won't stay in view?
>
> .

i can only go by the windows version, but if you open the vb editor, view the
project explorer and then double click the sheet in question, is there any code
there?

--

> Thanks for your response!  It does only happen in one workbook on one sheet.
> As for the code page, I'm not sure how to check that...
>

> "Gary Keramidas" wrote:
>
>> not sure never seen a mac, but does it only happen in one workbook on one
>> sheet?
>> do you have any code on the code page?
>>
>> --
>>

>> Gary Keramidas
>> Excel 2003
>>

>> "Mac User" <Mac User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm using Excel 2004 for Mac on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.5.8.  When I go to
>> > enter data into a cell, the window automatically moves so that A1 is the
>> > uppermost left cell.  This is very frustrating because I then have to find
>> > the cell I was entering data into by scrolling all over the place.  Any
>> > ideas
>> > on why the cell I'm entering data into won't stay in view?
>>
>> .

0
Gary
1/6/2010 4:05:50 AM
It's taken me all morning to find someone with the same problem that I have.  I'm a new Mac user (Macbook Pro) and am getting so frustrated with this.  The spreadsheet was created in Office 2007 but is working fine apart from the same problem.

I have been working out the hotkeys to move around the sheet which I'm getting there with, but now have the issue where the active cell doesn't show on the page.  I can use the scroll function to scroll to the active cell but if I start typing into it, the sheet moves to A1 and I can't see the active cell.

If I turn on the freeze panes function it stops doing it.  HELP!!

Also, where is the scroll lock function on a Macbook Pro?

Mac User wrote:

Window resets to A1 when entering data
04-Jan-10

I am using Excel 2004 for Mac on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.5.8.  When I go to
enter data into a cell, the window automatically moves so that A1 is the
uppermost left cell.  This is very frustrating because I then have to find
the cell I was entering data into by scrolling all over the place.  Any ideas
on why the cell I am entering data into will not stay in view?

On Monday, January 04, 2010 11:19 PM
Mac User wrote:

Window resets to A1 when entering data
I am using Excel 2004 for Mac on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.5.8.  When I go to
enter data into a cell, the window automatically moves so that A1 is the
uppermost left cell.  This is very frustrating because I then have to find
the cell I was entering data into by scrolling all over the place.  Any ideas
on why the cell I am entering data into will not stay in view?

On Monday, January 04, 2010 11:29 PM
Gary Keramidas wrote:

not sure never seen a mac, but does it only happen in one workbook on one
not sure never seen a mac, but does it only happen in one workbook on one sheet?
do you have any code on the code page?

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

On Tuesday, January 05, 2010 10:21 PM
Mac User wrote:

Thanks for your response!
Thanks for your response!  It does only happen in one workbook on one sheet.
As for the code page, I am not sure how to check that...

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

On Tuesday, January 05, 2010 11:05 PM
Gary Keramidas wrote:

i can only go by the windows version, but if you open the vb editor, view
i can only go by the windows version, but if you open the vb editor, view the
project explorer and then double click the sheet in question, is there any code
there?

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

The ASP.NET Codebehind vs. Inline Code Debate
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/eee864c3-5a7c-4998-9539-69bf068d9437/the-aspnet-codebehind-vs.aspx
0
Stephanie
2/4/2010 12:23:06 PM
You may want to post in

Stephanie, Barlow wrote:

> [...]
>
> Gary Keramidas
> Excel 2003
>
> On Tuesday, January 05, 2010 10:21 PM
> Mac User wrote:
>
> Thanks for your response!
> Thanks for your response!  It does only happen in one workbook on one sheet.
> As for the code page, I am not sure how to check that...
>
> "Gary Keramidas" wrote:
>
> On Tuesday, January 05, 2010 11:05 PM
> Gary Keramidas wrote:
>
> i can only go by the windows version, but if you open the vb editor, view
> i can only go by the windows version, but if you open the vb editor, view the
> project explorer and then double click the sheet in question, is there any code
> there?
>
> --
>
> Gary Keramidas
> Excel 2003

> The ASP.NET Codebehind vs. Inline Code Debate

Dave Peterson
0
Dave

Window Redirection?

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Macro

macros entering data

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

find data and autopaste when found

Disappearing data in sync'd forms

SOP Sales Transaction Entry Window
Dear Folks, I have noticed that i couldn't choose/select a salesman Id from Sales Transaction Entry Window (Transactions-> Sales -> Sales Transaction Entry). In my case for every Invoice i have to select a Diffierent Sales man ID. Could any one help me how can i enable this. BUT IT IS AVAILABLE IN Transaction Entry Window which we use without inventory module (Transactions-> Sales -> Transaction Entry Window) Awaiting for your favourable feedback. You can find that field by clicking on the customer number expansion button to the right of the customer number field. Thi...

Calculating Subsets of Data
I have data for records that can span between 1 to 16 months.. I want to be able to calculate the average activity for the most recent six months in a query and be able to display that in a report. I can create the calculation in the query for the entire duration of months for each record but am stuck on how to have it choose only the most recent six months of data to do the calculation and understand that the six months may really only be between 1 to 6 months of data.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..My skill level is somewhere between meatball surgeon and ki...

Entering More than 15 numbers
I'm trying to import numbers that are 25 characters in length. When I do this (or even if I enter over the 15 character limit) I get an overflow number. How do I enter or import numbers greater than 15 digits and have it display the entire number. I am using Office XP. precede with an apostrophe to get text, Excel's limit for numbers is 15 digits precision -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:308101c428be$93500a10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to import numbers that are 25 characters in > lengt...

Active Directory , Windows 2003 SBS to Windows 2008 SBS
Hello! I've got a little issue here. I work for a company and we are getting a new Intelserver. Now the problem is we've got an 32bit windows 2003 small business server with an Active Directory (and sql). And we are getting a Windows 2008 Small business server 64bit. Is there any possible way to ''Transfer'' ''Move'' or ''Copy'' the Active Directory to his new server without changing, removing or adding any data. I really need to be sure that nothing goes wrong cause 25 people are working on it everyday (Ofcourse i have a...

Outlook 98 Crashes in Windows NT
I have a few Windows NT machines that Outlook 98 crashes on with a Dr. Watson error - almost always when the user is typing an e-mail. I have tried re-installing, creating a new outlook profile, and replacing various files related to Outlook 98, but nothing seems to work. It is very important to note that I have many other users who have Windows NT and Outlook 98 on our network that do not have a problem at all. Can anyone decipher the Dr. Watson error message below? Thanks in advance. Microsoft (R) Windows NT (TM) Version 4.00 DrWtsn32 Copyright (C) 1985-1996 Microsoft Corp. All rights r...

Automatically open Detail Entry Window
In SOP Transcation Entry, I'd like the Sales Customer Detail Entry window to open automatically after the customer ID is selected. Is this possible? How would I go about doing this with Modifier or VBA? Extender would come in very handy. You don't need to write a single code. Record a macro using GP macro and embed it on the SOP Entry window using Extender. "Elaine" wrote: > In SOP Transcation Entry, I'd like the Sales Customer Detail Entry window to > open automatically after the customer ID is selected. Is this possible? How > would I go about doi...