Why is this formula returning "#Name?"?

Hi,

I'm using the attached formula across 30+ rows on a number of
worksheets in a number of workbooks. On every worksheet the formula
returns #Name? in Row 17, but returns the correct value everywhere
else. If I open the linked files instead of updating the links the
correct value is returned in Row 17 as well. This is obviously time
consuming and annoying. Can anyone help?

=+IF(('http://mysite.xxxfoods.com.au/personal/rsutherl/NSW_C8/Shared
%20Documents/[2_Comm_NSW_C8_09.xls]Summary'!D16)="","0",('http://
mysite.xxxfoods.com.au/personal/rsutherl/NSW_C8/Shared%20Documents/
[2_Comm_NSW_C8_09.xls]Summary'!D16))

Thanks in advance,

Rohan
0
RPS

#Name?
I have a form named [frmPKsContainerFills] with a subform named [sfrmPKsContainerFills]. This subform has the subform [sfrmPKsContainerFillsOFs] with a control named [ml]. This control's source is: =[Forms]![frmPKsContainerFills]![mlConv]*[PercentVolOF]*0.01 This works fine. Another control in [sfrmPKsContainerFillsOFs] is [Productg]. Its source is: =[Forms]![sfrmPKsContainerFills]![SpecificGravity]*[ml] This returns #Name? [sfrmPKsContainerFills]![SpecificGravity] is 100% correct. Also, there are no other controls with duplicate names. Any ideas why #Name? returns? I've reviewe...

#Name? error in Form text box
Dear All, I have a form where in text field the following error is encountered #Name? I couldn't understand why is it happening? Please assist? Rgds, Aligahk06 On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:36:02 -0700, aligahk06 wrote: > Dear All, > > I have a form where in text field the following error is encountered > #Name? > I couldn't understand why is it happening? > Please assist? > > Rgds, > Aligahk06 Access returns a #name error in a control when it cannot fine the field referenced in that control's Control Source. For example, the actu...

after crash forms display #name?
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

#NAME? error in nested if & VB
I have many cellse (5 x 10) usine up to 6 nested ifs in each cell. a cell looks similar to: =IF(AND(ISNUMBER(Summary_GOOD),AB40),CompDM($D40,"GOOD",Summary_GOOD)-IF(AB39,CompDM($D39,"GOOD",Summary_GOOD),IF(AB38,CompDM($D38,"GOOD",Summary_GOOD),IF(AB37,CompDM($D37,"GOOD",Summary_GOOD),IF(AB36,CompDM($D36,"GOOD",Summary_GOOD),IF(Summary_GOOD_Writer="REP",CompDM("REP","GOOD",Summary_GOOD),0)))))) In an attempt to reduce the size of the formula I created in VB (1st attempt at VB: Function CompDM(Contract_...

#NAME? is driving me crazy
When I load a spreadsheet from our servers on the network, I get #NAME? errors all over the place. Other people can load it just fine. Any ideas what the problem might be? Jeff, One cause may be that you don't have the Analysis Tool Pack loaded. Go to the Tools menu, choose Add-Ins and put a check next to the Analysis Tool Pack. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Jeff" <jeff@globaldataguard.com> wrote in message news:0e6c01c36270$c4897db0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I load...

conditional formatting
I have a subform based on a query. The query includes a text field for "details" and a memo field for "Notes" in which contains additional information which is beyond the capacity of the details field. I want to apply conditional formatting (a change of colour) to the details field on the subform to indicate when there is additional information in the notes field. I have based the conditional formatting on an expression which tests whether the Notes field contains a null value. The notes field in placed on the subform, as I understand that it needs to be there in order to ...

subforms and relationships getting #Name? error
I am pretty new at access and need help! I have several forms that I need linked together. When I put them all together using tabs I get the #Name? error. I have checked the "record source" and it appears to be correct. (Unless I am not understanding it correctly). I use the field "CID" as my id number for the relationships. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:31:01 -0700, mholt261 <mholt261@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am pretty new at access and need help! I have several forms that I need >linked together. Whe...

after crash forms display #NAME?
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

#NAME? Error on Form
I want some form fields to automatically populate with data once another field on the form is filled in. Specifically, I want a city and state to fill in automatically once a zip code is entered. My table tblZipCodes has 3 fields: fldZip, fldCity, and fldState My query qryZipCodes has an expression, expCitySt, which combines fldCity and fldState, which looks like, expCitySt: [fldCity] & ", " & [fldState]. The expression produces the desired result in the query On the form when I enter a valid Zip Code from tblZipCodes, the field that points to qryZipCodes.expCitySt, just...

After crash, form displays #Name?
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

Sum in Subform & Main Table #Name?- HELP!
I'm using Access 2003 and I have a subform within a subform and I keep getting #Name? Main Subform is "frmsubContractors" Other Subform is "frmsubContractors2Agree" and in the frmsubContractors2Agree I have a total currency field in the footer called "calcTotalAwardsContract" The control source of "calcTotalAwardsContract" =nz(Sum([fldawardamt]),0) which works great However when I refer to the "calcTotalAwardsContract" field in the main subform with a field named "calcTotalInitialAward" with a control source of =frm...

Excel 2000 to 2002
Hi, I have recently updated my Excel 2000 to 2002 (XP). But i noticed that when i open a file that works in 2000, in 2002 i just have #NAME? in cells. What i need to do? Thanks. Paulo Freixieiro Well... I choose the complete install from the office setup. I also have checked the box on Add-Ins in Analysis ToolPak and Analysis ToolPak - VBA, but it remains the same situation. Any idea? "Mike" wrote: > When you updated did you update all addins like the Analysis Toolpak > > "Paulo Freixieiro" wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > I have recent...

#Name?
I have a form based on a query. The query output will change depending on the user selection of associated data used by the query. The form fields contains all variations. When the query does not supply the data for the form, #Name? appears in the form field. The form is providing the output as expected. When #Name? appears, can this be replaced with a default value of 0 or have an alternate message appear other than #Name? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200710/1 Access displays #Name when it cannot recognize the sourc...

AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error
Hello, How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin functions in them? I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble with my Excel addin workbook functions. There are a number of addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there computer so IT can upload updates. After the Office 2007 upgrade I added all these addins to Excel 2007. In 2003 I would be able to access the addin functions by typing in the name and pa...

#Name? error
I have the following table to convert month names to french. Mth_Name Field 1= Month Number Field 2= Month Name example: 1 janvier 2 fevrier .... 12 decembre I have a query, QryCurrentMonth which uses DatePart("m",Now()) to return the current month number and find Month Name. My problem is this. When creating a report I need my date to be displayed as: "le 6 fevrier 2008". I have tried many options in my control source but to no avail. ="le " & " " & DatePart("d",Now()) & " " & [QryCurrentMonth]![MONT...

#name? error
Whats wrong with this expression in text box on main form reading value of field [SumOfEmp_Act_Prod_Hrs] in subform named 'qry_Emp_TotalHrsWorked subform' - it is getting #name? error =IIf([Forms]![qry_Emp_TotalHrsWorked subform]![SumOfEmp_Act_Prod_Hrs]>1920,"EMP HOURS ARE GREATER THAN 1920","Emp Product Hours Less Than 1920") Are hours in units of time or text? If text your 1920's must be "1920" -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Steve Stad" wrote: > Whats wrong with this expression in text box on main...

Expression Builder
I build a Form which contains many calculated fields... The form was working absolutely smooth 2 days ago and suddenly today non of the calculated fields are working??? its showing #Name? error???? everything is correct... I rechecked... rebuild... but same results??? Can anybody help me solve tis issue please... its very very urgent !!! Thanks. Kunal. Check your references and correct any marked as Missing. From any code window: Tools >>> References -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com &...

#NAME? Error on Entire Worksheet
I have an excel worksheet that I use for scheduling. One worksheet i pretty much all formulas that look like, =IF(BK193<>"",IF(K193<>"",IF(BK193<>"",WORKDAY(BK193,-K193,Holidays),""),""),"") where WORKDAY and Holidays are defined on another worksheet within th same workbook. This morning I opened the workbook and every single cell with a formul was outputting the #NAME? error. Any ideas on how I can fix this or even where to begin looking? I hav exhausted the excel help options. Thanks, Denis -- Message po...

#Name? What does this mean?
Seen this out here before, but I have never seen an answer. What is this. I have entered all of the criteria for a query, and it opens up, but when I scroll across the columns I seem to reach one that casues all of the data in all of the fields to be converted to #Name?. Thanks Somewhere you've typed in the name of a field that isn't there at all or not exactly right. Other than that, maybe the database is corrupt. Do a Compact and Repair and see if that fixes it. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. &qu...

#Name? error in Formula
Hi there As I mentioned in the subject line, I am currently getting a @Name? error in a formula. The formula I have is =DateDiff("yyyy",[DateofBirth],Date())-IIf(Format(Date(),"mmdd")>Format([DateofBirth],"mmdd"),0,1) I noticed that the field should be [Date of Birth] but when I try to edit the formula, the formula change does not stick. How do I get the formula to stick? Thank you for your help in advance. What is the name of the text box in question? Is it DateofBirth? If so, try changing it to txtDateOfBirth. Then see if Access wi...

#NAME? error on links
Hi All I've copied range [workbook1]worksheet1!D26:K37 and Edit>PasteSpecial>Paste Link in workbook3. I've then copied range [workbook2]worksheet1!D26:K37 and also Paste Linked to workbook3. When I've re-opened workbook3 and updated the links, the range linked to workbook1 is updated correctly, however, ranges D33:E37 and J33:K37 from workbook2 return #NAME? errors (D26:K32 and F33:I37 are correct). If I open workbook2, the errors are resolved and the correct values returned but close workbook2 and update the links produces the #NAME? error again. Any ideas? Regards St...

After crash, forms display #Name?
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

Why is this formula returning "#Name?"?
Hi, I'm using the attached formula across 30+ rows on a number of worksheets in a number of workbooks. On every worksheet the formula returns #Name? in Row 17, but returns the correct value everywhere else. If I open the linked files instead of updating the links the correct value is returned in Row 17 as well. This is obviously time consuming and annoying. Can anyone help? =+IF(('http://mysite.xxxfoods.com.au/personal/rsutherl/NSW_C8/Shared %20Documents/[2_Comm_NSW_C8_09.xls]Summary'!D16)="","0",('http:// mysite.xxxfoods.com.au/personal/rsuther...

#NAME? Error With User Defined Functions
Excel 2007 I have a problem that has been driving me nuts. I created a code module and have pasted a couple of user defined functions into the module. When I am entering my formula into a cell and I start typing the name of the function, I see that the function is listed in the drop-down list of functions. That tells me that Excel recognizes the function. However, after entering the formula I get a #NAME? error. Here is a link to just one of the user defined functions that I've been trying to use. http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#code Other peo...

Calculated control #Name? error
I have simple form with a control source of a data table. On the form I have a number of text boxes with calcuated controls for example: Name: txtTotalFTE Format: Fixed Control Source=[DirExLaborNbr]+[DirTempLaborNbr]+[IndSanNbr]+ [IndFLTNbr]+[IndLeadNbr]+[IndQANbr] This works fine, correctly showing the total. In another text box I have the following but the result is #Name?: Name: txtTotalHrs Format: Fixed Control Source=[txtTotalFTE]*8 I have several other text boxes where I need to reference other calculated controls (with much more complex calculations than this one) but I always ge...