Why is my tab key moving my cursor from column A to column k?

In all of my excel worksheets, when I push Tab, my cursor goes straight from
Column A to Column K or the next column not shown to the right of the sheet.
From there, if I hit Shift-Tab It always goes back to column A, even if
that's not where I started out.  Please help, it's driving me crazy!!!
0
eterp05 (1)

Turn off Lotus 1-2-3 Transition options
     Tools,  Options,  Transition (tab),  turn off all transition options

---
HTH,

"eterp05" <eterp05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97255C1F-77A7-48C4-B39E-0B96F31FFACD@microsoft.com...
> In all of my excel worksheets, when I push Tab, my cursor goes straight from
> Column A to Column K or the next column not shown to the right of the sheet.
> From there, if I hit Shift-Tab It always goes back to column A, even if
> that's not where I started out.  Please help, it's driving me crazy!!!

Tools>Options>Transition.

Uncheck "Transition Navigation Keys".

These settings are for ex-Lotus people who wish to keep some of the look and
feel of Lotus.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:00:02 -0700, "eterp05"
<eterp05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In all of my excel worksheets, when I push Tab, my cursor goes straight from
>Column A to Column K or the next column not shown to the right of the sheet.
>From there, if I hit Shift-Tab It always goes back to column A, even if
>that's not where I started out.  Please help, it's driving me crazy!!!

0
Gord

Culling low columns
Hi, I am a member of a local Bass club and we post the results of each 11 tournaments on a spreadsheet. The three lowest tournaments are culled from the total. I need a formula that will subtract the three lowest totals from each member. The rows are set up as follows: Member Name, Tournament 1 points, Tournamnet 2 points, Tournament 3 points, Tournament 4 points, etc until tournament 11, and the last column is the total points for the tournaments. The next row has the next member......... Hope that I have given enough information...If not please advise... -- patenglish -----------------...

Newbie How to : Move a control's position on a dialog
Hi All I have a control on a Dialog which I need to have displayed in a different position in different circumstances. .................................................................................................................... Control Id : ID_My_DTP Control Variable type : CDateTimeCtrl Control Variable name : m_ctrlDTP In the .rc file it is defined as CONTROL "DateTimePicker1",ID_My_DTP,"SysDateTimePick32", DTS_RIGHTALIGN | NOT WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP,262,49,56, 13,WS_EX_TRANSPARENT ............

Cursor position (Word)
How can I display the measurement of the cursor's position in inches from the left margin/left edge of the page and the number of lines down from the top margin/edge of page in Word? You can use the VBA Selection.Information method MsgBox "The Selection is " & Selection.Information(wdHorizontalPositionRelativeToPage)/72 & " inch from the left edge of the page." MsgBox "The Selection is " & Selection.Information(wdVerticalPositionRelativeToPage)/72 & "inch from the top of the page." The division by 72 is to conve...

Moving cursor
My cursor moves around the page, at will, with no effort on my part. It does the strangest things several times a day. For example, in the middle of typing a message, it literally sent itself. I was not finished at all and it suddenly was sent without any action on my part. Often, when I am typing in either Outlook or Word, the curser will be in the spot I need to be typing. But in the middle of typing a word, the cursor will jump to another spot on the page and the rest of the word is completed in the new spot before I realize the cursor has moved. Has anyone ever heard of such...

Column Chart with multiple vertical axis
I tried building a chart that displays 1 series in dollar sales and 1 series in unit sales. I tried putting one on a secondary axis, but it always overlaps the columns and changing the series overlap setting doesn't seem to have any effect? Does any one know what is going on and how I can separate columns on separate axis? Thanks, Jamie You need to add a couple dummy series to help align the visible series: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://...

PRODUCT KEYS NOT WORKING
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel hello everyone, this is really frustrating, i have been emailing this website and friends and still cant get my office for mac to work.. so here's the deal.. i first downloaded the trial version for office for mac, after downloading it i recieved an email with the product key, when i put in the product key it said "ivalid product key" i tried it over and over again, trying to type it in instead of copy paste etc.. and no hope.. so anyway i decided to purchase it instead.. so a week or so later i went on ...

Moving data from a string
I have a rather complex problem, at least it is for me. I have a column full of addresses. 1234 common way, city, state zip I want to take the column and split it into at least 2. Such that the street address and the CSZ are in seperate columns. A B 1234 common Way, city, state zip I have zero experience with basic and almost none with excel so can someone please help me? Thanks On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 19:47:58 -0700 (PDT), Lacertadeus@gmail.com wrote: >I have a rather complex problem, at least it is for me. > >I have a column full of addr...

Column of data
I have a column of numbers that have been copied from another spread sheet and each box has a green triangle in the upper right corner. The column will not sort properly as some of the boxes do not have the triangles in the upper right corner. I can get ride of these by going to the box and double clicking but I have approximately 4000 to do . Is there a way to do this with one command ? Hi, maybe some numbers have blank spaces, try something let's say your numbers are in column A in another column enter =Trim(A1) copy formula down, then copy this column an...

freeze column and row on same spread sheet
freeze column and row on same spread sheet - will only freeze one or the other Select B2 and Freeze Panes. Column A and Row 1 will remain frozen. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:20:01 -0800, linda <linda @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >freeze column and row on same spread sheet - will only freeze one or the other This is somewhat version specific Click one cell below the bottom row you want frozen and on column to the right of the columns you want frozen. In Excel 2003 and earlier, Window menu, Freeze Panes (that is from memory for sure ...

2nd Axis on 3D Column chart
First, using XP, is this possible Second, if it is possible, I have four columns of data like below A B C 1 70,000 60,000 7,000 4,000 2 80,000 70,000 8,000 5,00 3 90,000 80,000 9,000 6,00 4 100,000 90,000 10,000 7,00 My boss wants a 3D column chart with the data arranged (from back to front) A,B,C,D. I want to put Columns C and D on a second axis, but I cannot find this option in Excel or on the boards Thanks in advance for your help Hi cwilson, Unfortunately with 3d charts you can ...

Subforms, Continuous Forms, and Locking Columns oh my...?
Hi, Ok, let me see if I can explain this... We're moving from Excel to Access. In Excel we could lock the first 5 columns in place. Great. In Access the only way to lock columns is to use the datasheet view. The problem with that is the user can change the width of the fields; also, I can't dynamically hide fields. I also have a requirement to have custom field labels. If I use the datasheet view, I'll get the grey boxes with fieldnames. I can blank them all out (I'm willing to live with this), but I can't add a Form Header to the datasheet view which allows me to ...

Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe v17.0 and missing 401(k) fund from man
We had recently upgraded from Microsoft Money 2006 to Money Plus Deluxe v17.0. All accounts/transactions seemed to have converted just fine. However, one 401(k) fund does not appear under Money Plus' 401(k) manager. The fund that does not appear under the manager is the only account that has online services previously enabled. Is there a way of adding this fund into the manager? In microsoft.public.money, jimjobmon wrote: >We had recently upgraded from Microsoft Money 2006 to Money Plus Deluxe >v17.0. All accounts/transactions seemed to have converted just fine. However, &g...

Tab Order 2 Subforms
Hello, I am using MS-Access 2003. I have 1 mainform and 2 subforms, on the mainform. I can tab perfectly from the mainform to the 1st subform, but cannot continue to tab through the 2nd subform, then back to the mainform... I need to tab through the mainform, both subforms, then back to the mainform. I have tried several searches for this process, but have had no success or I'm overlooking the answer. Can/will someone direct me to some examples or samples??? Thank you, Charles L. Phillips Hi Charles Unfortunately there is no automatic way to tab OUT of a subform. You can tab...

Moving from Outlook (not Express) to WLM
Is there any way to move our old Outlook saved emails to WLM - other than individually selecting each email and hitting forward . . . (and turning off check for new messages) Moved from Win XP with Outlook 2003 to Win 7 with Windows Live Mail. The Windows Live Mail (WLM) program cannot import a PST file from the Office Outlook program. You have several choices. All of them require that you have a working version of Outlook and that the desired PST file is active in Outlook. 1) If you have Windows XP, you can import from Outlook into Outlook Express (OE) and then import...

List Box
Thanks for helping. I have a list box showing three columns of data from another sheet. The problem is that the widths of the columns in the list box are really far out, and I need to adjust them somehow. The columns are B, E, and AA (B-D and E-Z are merged) Here is the Listrange; MAIN!$B$16:$AA$39 The first column especially is really wide, and results in a massive scroll along to see the others, and strangely the third column is thinner ! Bemused Robert You can change the column widths by going into the properties sheet as I described in my answer to your first post, then set...

Referencing the latest entry in a column
I want to reference the latest entry in a column. So that every time the column is updated, and subsequently has another cell added to it, I don't have to update the formula for referencing it. Try =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<>""),A1:A65535) If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "John" wrote: > I want to reference the latest entry in a column. So that every time the > column is updated, and subsequently has another cell added to it, I don't > have to update the formula for referencing it. Hi, Suppose the d...

Delete row where there is duplicate data in Column E
I have a report I download every day and each day the row count is different. I need to perform all kinds of editing so that I can run this spreadsheet against another spreadsheet. I created a macro to perform most of the editing and have my page setup, header, footer, font all set in that macro. Now I want to add code that looks for duplicate entries in Column E in 2 consecutive rows, anyplace in the document, and if found delete the first of the two rows. Normally there are about 10 of these duplicate rows where I need to delete the first on of every time it occurs, is this even p...

how to change the key value
Hi, anybody I wanna to change the key value, because my keyboard's some key have not work. Example: if press F1 actual send the "D" key message to system. Give me some advice!thank you Nizvoo Kensen Jan 27, 2005 ...

Column & Area graph combined
I am trying to draw a column graph except I would like to be able to have the widths of the columns based on another data series so that I can compare the areas of the columns. Is there an add-in of additional chart types that anyone knows of that I can download to do this or does anyone have any idea how I could do this without having to manually change each column?? ...

Changing computers, moving install key
I'm uninstalling from one MacBook, and want to re-install on a different MacBook and use the same product key. This is Office 2004 Student and Teacher Edition. I know how to uninstall; just want to know how to install on the new computer and reuse the existing product key. Thanks. On 8/4/07 5:07 PM, in article 1186272432.925510.177300@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "rbullockv8@gmail.com" <rbullockv8@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm uninstalling from one MacBook, and want to re-install on a > different MacBook and use the same product key. This is Office 2004 > Student...

Vertical tabs on a Property Sheet
Hi, I'm trying to get some vertical tabs on the right side of my CPropertySheet. In the OnCreate function of the parent window I do the following: m_pPropertySheet->GetTabControl()->ModifyStyle( 0, TCS_MULTILINE | TCS_VERTICAL | TCS_RIGHT, 0); From there the tabs are listed vertically on the right side. But according to the MSDN the text should also be drawn vertically, except it keeps drawing horizontally instead. Am I missing something here? Thanks -- Maarten Kools ___________________________________________ Van Gennep - Media Automation Consulting bv Burg. Stramanweg 10...

Problem in Conversion of Excel to Text(Tab delimated)
I am trying to convert excel file to Tab delimated text file.But if there is any comma in between any string then "" is automaticaly appearing in converted text file. E.g In my Excel file I have sting like Good,Morning In text file this is getting displayed as "Good.Morning" Can you please suggest me how to avoid " at start and end of string. If the data doesn't use any double quotes, then I'd just open the text file in my favorite text editor (like NotePad) and replace them with nothing. On the other hand, if the data contains those do...

Scroll Bar missing "Control" tab in "Format Properties" dialog box
Good afternoon, all, I have a scroll bar on a worksheet that, which when I right click and click "Format Control" displays a dialog box with "Size", "Protection", "Properties", "Web" and "Control" tabs, the latter of which allows me to soecify maximum and minimum values and link the scrollbar to a cell to display a value between the min and max, depending on the position of the button within the scrollbar. However, when I create subsequent scrollbars, the "Control" tab is absent. Can anyone enlighten me as to what is ...

How do I get unique values from 2 columns?
I need to get the unique values between 2 columns. For example, if A has 2,3,4,5 & 7 and B has 1,2,3,4,and 5, I need something to tell me that B doesn't have 7. I expect to run through it again so that I see that A doesn't have 1. I do not wish to enter in the data to search for, but rather have a column comparison and kickout the differences (similar to a diff command on Unix for those that know it). Any help would be appreciated. The advanced filter doesn't do what I need as it would give me all values. Thanks, Kelly How about coloring the cells in col. A where the ...

Hiding & Unhiding Columns & Rows
Hello, I have a macro that does the following: Unhides any column from "C" to "AJ" Unhides any row from "4 to 34" Looks for the first blank cell in "column C" starting at "C4" an places the cursor there for data input. This is the macro: Sub unhideeverything() ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False Columns("C:AJ").Select Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False Rows("4:34").Select Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False Range("C4").Select Cells.Find(What:="", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas LookAt:= _ xlPa...