why is my spreadsheet and toolbar locked

i cant work or type nothing in any cel or
0
Mogila (1)

Hi
is the worksheet/workbook protected. Do you receive an error message?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Mogila wrote:
> i cant work or type nothing in any cel or

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Locking a Cell after It's Value is Calculated.
I have One Cell whose value is constantly changing once a week. The results of that cell, I would like to have placed in differents cells, once a week. EX: In worksheet1 Input in cell WK3, resulting calculation ends in cell M3, then cell M3 is copied to worksheet2, A1 (=worksheet1M3) I got this! Input in cell WL3, resulting calculation ends in cell M3, then M3 is copied to worksheet2, A2: The problem is that cell A1 changes to the new number HELP! Can I lock cell A1 after the value is copied to it? Can I set conditions (time / date) on the cell after the value i copied to it so it won...

Excel hangs when manipulating large spreadsheets
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am running an updated version of Excel 2008 (version 12.2.3) on an Intel Core 2 Duo iMac (4GB memory, 320 GB hard drive w/165 GB available). When I am working with a moderate sized workbook (17 MB, 21,000 rows x 26 columns) of data Excel will hang when I attempt to copy and paste sections of the spreadsheet or attempt to copy a function across all the rows of the spreadsheet. The files were originally xlsx files. I saved them to xlsb files but am still having the same problem. Activity monitor shows that E...

Subtotaling a subtotaled spreadsheet
In excel before the 2003 edition I could subtotal a spreadsheet then subtotal again by a different column. It does not work now. All of the items are subtotaled but not in correct order. For example some of the totals calculate above the information not below. Please help! Hi Alane i use this feature extensively and have found no difference in its behaviour between any of the versions, however it is important that the data is sorted in the same categories and order that it is to be subtotalled, e.g. i have a worksheet that has region, state, department information on it and i want t...

Viewing toolbar while in report
I've pretty much got this danged database ready for users, but am having a problem with the custom print toolbar I created not showing up in reports. I designated the custom print toolbar in each report property box (those that use it), but the toolbar doesn't appear. Am I doing something wrong? Linda ...

Toolbar buttons #3
Is it possible to create a button on a toolbar for 'Transpose' to save me going through 'paste special' each time. Liz, Copy the macro below into your Personal.xls, then add a custom toolbar button and assign it the macro. When you want to transpose a range, copy it, select the destination anchor cell, and press your custom button. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub PasteTranspose() If Application.CutCopyMode Then _ Selection.PasteSpecial Transpose:=True End Sub "Liz" <Liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEC0B6C5-5B34-448A-94B4-F88CC3E6...

Locked Checklist
I've created a standard checklist in Word 2007, and according to what I've read I need to create continous section breaks and then lock the particular section to get it to work. So far, so good, the problem is when I look that particular section (located in the middle of the page) Word looks the header and footer too. Is there a way around this? I don't really need the checklist to be looked for any other reason than the fact that it doesn't seem to be clickable if I don't. Much depends on what the point of the check list happens to be. See for example http://www.gmayor.c...

Num Lock on Keyboard
New problem just started and don't know why. When I boot up my PC, the "num lock" light was always automatically on, allowing me to use the numeric keys. It wont come on automatically any more. I have to turn it on manually evry time I boot up the PC. What has caused this change and how can I get it back to what it used to do. Thank you. Tony On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:18:05 -0800, Omaha Tony <OmahaTony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >New problem just started and don't know why. When I boot up my PC, the "num >lock" light was alway...

adding a contact mail form to the toolbar
Hi. I once found an article about how to add a pre-addressed mail form to the Outlook toolbar. When I'm in Outlook, if I want to send a letter to one of several commonly used addresses, I just click on these icons (I use a smiley face with the person's name), and a new mail window opens up, already addressed to that person, and ready for me to type my message. It's a great convenience. However, I have lost the original article telling me how to do it, and I have looked at all the options in Customize Toolbar, and can't figure out how to do it again. I can certainly...

How to disable auto lock
By the group policy, all PC's which are joined to the domain are forced to be locked after 15 minutes of inactivity.Is there any way to disable this auto lock on client-side? The situation is like the following. I am using a virtual machine and this is also joined to the domain (using "Bridged connection"). When I am using my PC, I often running the virtual machine too, but I do not constantly use it. When I am trying to use the virtual machine, it is often locked. I think disabling the lock in a VM does not cause any security hole, because the real host PC will be loc...

Wrapping Spreadsheet to side by side
I have a very long spreadsheet. Is there a way to wrap the non viewable area to the side of the viewabel area. I plan on using a very large LCD TV to display and I need to see all of the spreadsheet without changing the actaull spreadsheet. Any Ideas? Thanks, David Chip tell how to do this a www.cpearson.com best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email <davids@redrockcomputers.net> wrote in message news:63ed3df6-8730-456c-bea2-148e64bbdacc@q2g2000vbr.googlegroups.com... > I have a very long spreadsheet. Is there a w...

monthly budget/check registry spreadsheet formula
I'm working on a monthly budget/check registry spreadsheet. What I want to do is have the check register link to the allowed balances in the monthly budget. I have two fields in my monthly budget for each item. A projected cost and actual cost. I want to link entries in the check registry to the actual cost of the fields in the monthly budget. I plan to use account numbers to link these fields to each other. For example . . . Say I buy groceries for $50. When I enter this into the check registry I enter all the necessary information along with an account number that links this tra...

How can I customize the Filter Drop down on the formatting toolbar
I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I have created. Can i do that? Project > Filter by > More Filters, then select each one, Edit, and remove the checkbox for Show in Menu. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I > have created. Can i do that? > I've tried that - it doesn't affect that drop down filter list - whether they are checked or not. "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote: > Project > Filter by > Mo...

Templates to Toolbars
I have created a few templates (emails) which are stored in the defautl templates folder. However, the process of going through ...New->Choose Form-> selecting the form folder -> selecting the template... every time I need to open a template seems to negate the expediency of creating the template in the first place. I would like to be able to create toolbar buttons/icons with which to open my templates to save time. Have not been able to find resources to help me create macros to associate with tooblar buttons (only for Forms, not templates). Any info would be helpful. Tha...

On the keyboard, how do I toggle between tabs on a spreadsheet?
Ctrl+ page up page down -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "BMBCNJ" <BMBCNJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:543135E6-6064-4951-85B7-A77728364666@microsoft.com... > ...

Lock Screen
I have a menu screen in excel with macro buttons and text. can you make it so the cursor cannot be moved around the screen. I hvae tried protecting the sheet bit this seems to stop some of the macro buttons from working. many thanks Duncan The only way may be to protect the worksheet, disallowing selecting any cells (an option in Excel 2002 and 2003, which I assume you have). Buttons will work on a protected sheet but you may have to do some recoding. For instance any code that does a "select" will obviously not work. -- Jim "Duncan" <Duncan@discussions.micr...

Lock the format
I have a spreadsheet that I need others to update with values. I want them to be able to enter text, but not modify the formatting (column width, font, etc). They may need to add additional rows, though. But still do not want them to be able to modify the format of those new rows. Seems like I should be able to do this, but I can't figure out how. Thanks in advance. By default all cells in a worksheet are locked when sheet protection is enabled. It is up to you to decide which are to be locked or unlocked when the sheet is protected. Format>Cells>Protection is where you w...

possible to lock down an employee timesheet
Hi all, Thank you for reading my post: My goal: create a locked down timecard spreadsheet for each employee Is it possible so that each time an employee enters a "time in" or "time out"; each respective field is then locked for editing? For example, an employee goes to his or her private folder on a file server and types in the time he/she came in to work that morning. After typing in that time and hitting enter, can that field be then locked so the employee can't go back and try to edit it? Let me know if this can be done.... thanks! Al...

Transactions locked!
I have a pair of identical transactions that were downloaded from my bank. I can't edit or delete either of them, and they don't show up when I do a search for that payee - but they do affect my account balance & information in categories. It appears that the transactions are locked. I've tried running the Salvage utility and re-downloading those transactions, and I'm getting really frustrated. Has this happened to anyone else? Can you think of other ways to fix it? Thanks! I had the same problem with one transaction in Money 2004 Deluxe. I also tried all the repair...

Locking cell color pattern when sorting rows?
I am creating a spreadsheet where I want every alternating row to have a light grey solid pattern that acts as shading, so it is easier to follow individual rows from column to column on a printed page. The problem is that when I choose to sort rows by a specific data property in any column, the shading pattern becomes messed up, because there doesnt seem to be a way to lock the shaded pattern of each cell. Is there a solution to this problem? Thanks Sanjay; Might this be a solution ? Seperate lines between groups of data by using conditional formatting. - In a spreadsheet, build a table....

Embedded spreadsheets disappear
I created an embedded spreadsheet for users to edit within a Word document. Sometimes whenusers try to edit the information, the spreadsheet disappears instead of opening. It takes clicking "Undo" twice before it reappears as "unedited". How can I fix this? BBS Brenda, I don't know if this will help, but when you embed a sheet, it embeds the entire workbook. If necessary, make the window larger while in edit mode. You'll be able to see sheet tabs. Maybe you can find your stuff. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net --------------...

Flowchart toolbars in Excel 07
I downloaded a MS template that allows for creating flowcharts; however, Excel 2007 does not show the two flowchart toolbars that the instructions say should be in the View menu. The instructions are: Two toolbars are available with this template to help you create flowcharts. To display these toolbars, point to Toolbars on the View menu, and then click Flow Shapes. Point to Toolbars on the View menu, and then click Flow Connectors. Perhaps these instructions are for an earlier version of Excel; if so, where would they be located in Excel 2007? Thanks -- MZ In Excel 20...

How do I add a balloon message to a locked cell
I would like to add a balloon message to a locked cell to advise other users that the cell is retricted Data Validation>Input Message and check “Show input msg when cell is selected”. A balloon will show up at the cell or at the office assistant if it is active. Mike R. "kden01" wrote: > I would like to add a balloon message to a locked cell to advise other users > that the cell is retricted Insert Comment? Unprotect the sheet, add the Comment then re-protect. If using Version 2002 or 2003 you can prevent the user from selecting unlocked cells. When Protecting ...

Problem enabling a button in a toolbar
Hi all.. First of all, this is a MDI application in Visual C++ 6.0. I have a docking control bar that contains a dialog. I placed a toolbar on that dialog with one button at the moment. The problem I have is that I could never enable the button. I tried WM_KICKIDLE message but even when it is received correctly by the dialog, and enabling the button there, it continues appearing disabled. The button has its handler in the dialog (since it is the parent) To make another try, I placed the button handler in the child frame, and the button appears finally enabled, and when I press it, the hand...

Replace a spreadsheets named cells/ranges with exact cell address.
I have a named range (A1:A6) which is called MyRange. Lets say each cell is populated with a number A1 = 1, A2 = 2. A3 = 3 etc. In the row (B1:B6) beneath it, I have entered =MyRange in each cell. As such the values in B1:B6 mirror those in A1:A6. That is, even though I use MyRange in each cell in Row B, Excel knows which cell to pull from in rowA to correctly populate the cells in Row B. Now If I use the Macro below to delete the named ranges I get the following range in each of the RowB cells =A1:A6. Once again Excel knows which cell to pull from in Row A to populate cells in Row...

Send button/toolbar gone
I am running Outlook in windows 2000 on a PC, ever since opening a hotmail account and installing a web cam I have not had a toolbar in emails. To send an email I have to go to File and then go to send. Any one have any ideas? thanks for your help Jack ...