why is autofilter not available (in light grey on drop down)

Autofilter was working on my spreadsheet but since I moved a line of data the
function is not available. How do I restore Autofilter to a working condition?

Populating a drop down list (attempt # 2)
Hi, I have a drop down list (list of clients) that the user can select from. I have a second drop down list, where I want the servers that belong to the client that was selected from the first drop down list (above) to be displayed. The second drop down box uses the following SQL: SELECT tbl_Perm_ServerName.ServID, tbl_Perm_ServerName.Client, tbl_Perm_ServerName.ServName FROM tbl_Perm_ServerName WHERE (((tbl_Perm_ServerName.Client)=[forms]![frm_ServBackupNam]![cmb_Client])) ORDER BY tbl_Perm_ServerName.ServName; When I run this SQL, it show the clients in both dropdown lists - can any...

Adobe Acrobat isn't available in office apps!
I bought the full version of adobe acrobat 7.0 It doesn't show up as an option in office apps. I have tried the "detect and repair' option in acrobat, etc. No luck! Any ideas! I desperately need to make pdf's from Excel files! File - Print - change the driver to Adobe PDF. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3941A9AD-4A7F-40C7-865A-9DE3204ECD31@microsoft.com... >I bought the full version of adobe acrobat 7.0 It doesn't show up as an > option in office apps. I have tried t...

Links in a drop down menu
HI, I was wondering if anyone could help? In my spreadsheet I have several links to various places in the sheet At the moment they are just hyperlinks, and so I can only have 1 lin per cell. I created a drop down menu to try and incorporate more links into eac cell. Is there any way to have the items in the drop down menu to work a links to places in the spreadsheet? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Mark -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Depends on how you created the dropdowns--Data|validation, or a dropdown from the Forms toolbar or a Combobox from the Con...

Qty sold/Qty available
is there a report to get both qty sold and qty available on one report??? CT, Detailed Sales Report and add the On Hand column. (right click on the report, Show/Hide Columns) -- Jeff Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security ===================================================== When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue. ===================================================== "CT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26eb601c4638f$063fe3a0$a601280a@phx.gbl......

I need a "Tutor available for Math" template with telephone tabs
Like a job flyer. With phone numbers running perpendicular in cut away tabs On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 05:17:27 +0000, Tutor available wrote (in article <B83788BB-0469-4028-9E5B-361C130502E6@microsoft.com>): > Like a job flyer. With phone numbers running perpendicular in cut away tabs But too lazy to create his own flyer. Anyway, it's *MATHS*. The subject is mathematics, plural, therefore the shortened plural form is, logically, maths. You Yanks were never much good at logic, though. What version Publisher? In 2002/03, file, new, Publications for Print, flyers, scroll way down to...

Increasing the size of text in a Drop Down box
I would like to increase the size of the font in the drop-down box but have not found a way to do that. Has anyone else found out how to do this? Thanks! "Stu" <Stu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F9A688E-5A05-4F67-9913-F5D62A064A5C@microsoft.com... >I would like to increase the size of the font in the drop-down box but have > not found a way to do that. Has anyone else found out how to do this? > Thanks! Hi Stu, Natively, in Excel, I am not aware that this is possible Perhaps you could use a ComboBox from the Control ToolBox which provides s...

Drop down arrow location for validated data
I have created a large database of rating bullets for students at military academy. They are all fairly long and wordy. I want to mov the arrow from the right side to the left side so it can be see without having to scroll right to the end of the cell. Is thi possible with a list of validated data? Is there any other way that can do this without the validated lists -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can't change the position of the dropdown arrow in a cell with data validation. You could make the column narrower, and use code to temporarily widen it when the cel...

wmp10 "choose columns" greyed out
This may be a duplicate post. My computer crashed while I was posting it, so I don't know if it went through. Anyway, my problem is with WMP10. There used to be an option to see the song titles (probably an older version), and I don't see that anymore. Under "All music" there is "Artist/Album" and all I see is the artist. I went to "View" to try and add columns, and the option for "choose columns" is greyed out. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm not too familiar with WMP (was using WINAMP) so any help would be appreciated. ...

validation list drop down box, how do I bring in text commands
I have a reference set in excel that is two columns. The first column lists functions in text (i.e. AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNTA, MAX, MIN....). The second column lists the corresponding function number (i.e. AVG = 1, COUNT =2....). I made a drop down box using data, validation, list so that the function numbers appear in a row. The row below I put in subtotal(grab command from drop down, data set to calc). I can't figure out how to return the TEXT from my columns above, rather than function number. I want my drop down to have AVERAGE, not 1. Hi Scott, Debra Dalgleish has pages ...

autofilter max # of entries?
I am working with a very large file and when I use the autofilter, can't see the value I'm looking for but when I scroll down I can fin it. It appears that I've maxed out the number of entires in the Autofilter Is this possible and if so, was is the max? Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com shame on me for not searching first...answer is 1000 entries...moderato feel free to delete this pos -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

drop down list creation
I have an existing template that has a drop down list of our client's names. This is to the right of the actual template we use. I tried to add on a few more companies but the list is not providing it when I go to the Template's drop down list. Can anyone help? If this is a data validation dropdown, you may have to change the range to which it refers. Select the cell Choose Data > Validation Click in the Source box, and select all the cells that contain client names Click OK swesa wrote: > I have an existing template that has a drop down list of our client's names....

simple way to send and receive email when exchange not available
Hmm, what's the best way to configure Outlook 2000 so that when the user is out of the office away from the Exchange 2003 server, he can: a) read and reply to previous messages (offline sync, I know about this part) b) send replys or new emails out from another connection, say dsl or cable without access to exchange. c) get any new mails that come into the exchange server I presently have only OWA setup via ssl for remote access. I also have vpn capability, but hope not to have to give this user that ability. RPC-over-HTTP, hands down. --- David L. West http://www.deskoptional.com ...

Norwegian: Available language?
Anyone know if CRM3 will be available in Norwegian, and if so, when? -- _________________ Rolf @ Questus ans The norwegian version will be released around the 1st of march 2006. All estimated dates: english 12-1-2005 french 1-1-2006 german 1-1-2006 russian 1-1-2006 dutch 1-1-2006 spanish 2-1-2006 danish 2-1-2006 brazilian portuguese 2-1-2006 italian 2-1-2006 polish 3-1-2006 swedish 3-1-2006 hungarian 3-1-2006 czech 3-1-2006 turkish 3-1-2006 norwegian 3-1-2006 greek 4-1-2006 finnish 4-1-2006 portuguese (iberian) 4-1-2006 chinese traditional 5-1-2006 chinese simplified 5-1-2006 japanese 7-...

Crystal report wizard not available in excel
I've loaded Crystal Report 8.5 on my laptop and I'm trying to create a report out of a current Excel Spreadsheet, but the Crystal Report Wizard is not available for use. Any ideas on how I can fix this within Excel will be appreciated. ...

Autofilter: Does Not Contain
I have a worksheet with several columns that are autofiltered. In one column, I am trying to custom filter utilizing Does Not Contain 0.11588*. The 0.11588* is due to the fact that there are three items that begin with these digits. I have tried Does Not Begin With as well. Neither work. Then, I tried to use Contain, to see if that worked. It doesn't. My goal is to filter these out so that I can get a quantity sum on the remaining parts. I also have a column for shipped dates that is filtered to Blanks only. When using Contain/Begin with, don't use the wildcard. -- B...

Drop Ship PO in MRP
We created a drop ship PO to send product from a vendor to a customer and everything seemed fine until it showed up in MRP. The drop ship PO for a qty of 5 is showing in the scheduled receipt and the projected available balence. What is the theory behind having it show up in MRP? The product is never going to be received and its never going to affect my physical inventory so should it really show as an extra 5 units in my projected available balence. Am i doing something wrong or is there something I am missing? Hi Wes. Are you generating the PO from the SO? Do you have a Site ID asso...

Using Drop Down List to Autofill
Hello there, I need to send a word doc with the same structure to multiple counterparts. I want to create a drop down list so that when I select the name, the address, telephone and email details all autofill. I would also like other parts of the document further down to autofill based on the name selection. Is this possible, and if so, how? Many thanks, Paul -- PaulM This sort of document is described in http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please po...

was support dropped for symchk "/oc" option??
Back on 4/17 there was a post by Jeff Partch which described a way to download debug symbols using symchk and then (I think) copy the *.pdb files to another directory where the VS 6 debugger could use them. http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.vc.mfc&mid=9a42f033-2cce-4577-9034-7f3768bceab8 I tried to follow the procedure described in this post but ran into problems with the Debugging Tools for Windows command symchk %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /oc %systemroot%\Symbols\Dll2 The symchk that I got when I installed (yesterday) the Debugging Tools for Windo...

Autofilter and Charts
I have a chart set up to display the first few lines of data in a large matrix of data. The matrix of data is autofiltered with respect to the first two columns so that I only look at the data that I'm interested in. When it is filtered, the amount of data remaining fits the chart range. I have set this up for one filter case and when I choose another, the chart goes blank b/c they are trying to maintain a link with the first filter that they were set up on. I would like the charts to only read the data in the first few lines of data while I dynamically change this data via auto...

Chart Title Using Autofilter Selection
I have a simple line chart based on the the data displyed from using Autofilter. I select only one criteria at time to display. I want to link the chart title to the filtered criteria. So when I choose a different filter the chart title will change to the new filter. Is there an easy way to accomplish this? Thanks, Roger BTW, I have both XL 2003 & XL 2007. Hi, Use a cell to construct the required title text and the link the chart title box to the cell. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy Roger wrote: > I have a simple line chart based on the the data disp...

Availables : More that 3500 Solutions manuals and Test Banks (Part 1)
List of Solutions Manuals _________________________ contact me to : mattosbw1@gmail.com mattosbw1(at)gmail.com NOTE : "THIS SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR : CHINA, INDIA, PAKISTAN, IRAQ, IRAN, PHILIPPINES, NORTH KOREA, NEPAL, BANGLADESH, SRI LANKA, MALDIVES & BHUTAN". If your wanted solutions manual is not in this list, also can ask me if is available (They are some only). Then if you need solutions manual only contact me by email. This same "list of titles" of texts with availables solutions manual is for download from : rapidshare.com/file...

recover deleted public folder when only public folder sotre backups available
Hi, a public folder was accidentally deleted. Unfortunately, individual backup for this folder is not available, only backups for the whole public folder store are. How can I recover that deleted public folder using the public folder store backups? System: exchange server 2003 sp2, single server ( no replica). Thanks in advance, tree leafs <treeleafs@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > a public folder was accidentally deleted. > Unfortunately, individual backup for this folder is not available, > only backups for the whole public folder store are. > How can I recover that de...

Filter drop-down is not visible
Why does it disappear when I leave the cell (a1, b1, etc.) And how can I resolve this? Are you sure the arrows are Autofilter arrows? Maybe they are Data Validation dropdowns which only show when you select the cell with the DV dropdown. If the latter you cannot resolve it. Color the cells with DV lists or overlay the cell with a small drawing object to make it visually findable. If Autofilter dropdown arrows, I cannot replicate the problem. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:11:32 -0700, Determined07 <Determined07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why does it...

MS CRM SQL High Availability
Since the Implementation Guide says that MS CRM has not been tested on a clustered SQL environment, what's the nearest/best solution to increase the availability of the SQL DBs aside from the Redeployment tools....? Will SQL Log Shipping work? thanks! junet HEllo there Redployment Tools are different , they are not necessary for the the High Availabity. May be i mis understood your question. Can you tell what r u trying to acheive. Dear Junet, Do you want to secure your uptime or increase the power of the SQL Server? If you want to increase the uptime you could use a hardware fai...

Autofilter of Protected Sheet
I have read multiple posts on here about using "Autofiltering=True" when the Protect function is used to allow Autofiltering. I can see this (and multiple other sub options) in the Help File for Excel 2003. However I am writing an application for Excel 2000 and this option does not appear available. I would like the Autofilter for various columns to be selectable, either by the user or macros, whilst the Worksheet is protected. Is there anyway around this apart from making users upgrade their version of Excel ? I am assuming the answer is 'No' but if someone t...