Why does this date conversion number work?

Hello i had a little problem.... Excel sees a certain date as a date
however has the wrong month/day order:

06/09/2004 sees excel as a date: 6 september, however i mean it to be
june....

Function Datum_mmddyy(datum As Date) As Date

Datum_mmddyy = Format(datum, "dd/mm/yyyy")

End Function

I now have this function and it actually works in converting th
date... i don't quite understand why though haha as it is formatting..

Hi
some ideas:
- check your regional settings for the default date format
- preformat the cell with the correct format for your date
before entering a value

mean it to be 9
>june....
>
>Function Datum_mmddyy(datum As Date) As Date
>
>Datum_mmddyy = Format(datum, "dd/mm/yyyy")
>
>End Function
>

>I now have this function and it actually works in
converting the
>date... i don't quite understand why though haha as it is
formatting...

>---
>
>.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Can i use Windows Search to find a number within Excel?
If i use Widnows search of the CONTENTS of files (not file names), i find in Excel, that for cells that contain text, they can be found. But, it does not appear to me that numbers can be found. Of course the number as Excel stores it may differ from how it is displayed. But, does anybody know if this is possible? For instance, i have a cell with the number 3,709,227 in it, as it appears in Excel (as formatted). I tried typing the number both with and without the commas, into WIndows search, but Windows search still does not find the Excel file that contains that number. So, any kn...

How to copy number NOT equation
How do you copy the number in a cell not the equation? I need to compare a lot of data which I got from calculations but don't want to have to import all that data just to get a few plots. -- jimbo_jones ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jimbo_jones's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27244 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494122 Try: Copy > Paste special > Check "Values" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/p...

Benifits of tracking number on email subject line
According to the Techknowledge article https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/techknowledge.aspx turning off the tracking number results in the loss of the Microsoft CRM system's ability to automatically track incoming e-mail. Can someone please explain which trcking functionality are we loosing here ? What are the other benifits of having the tracking number ? Thanks. Sorry, I didn't give the right link. http://mbs.microsoft.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp? id=34747&target=PS Document ID: 34747 >-----Original Message----- >According to the Techknowledge arti...

Help!! sort address field by street, then number??
Is there a way to accomplish this feat?? cell data "7004 Brookville Rd" need the file by street name , then by number. All suggestions deeply appreciated. Keef If you're lucky you could use Data|Text to columns. To separate pieces into individual columns. But I've never been lucky enough to get 100% -- lots of manual effort may be required. Keefer wrote: > > Is there a way to accomplish this feat?? > cell data > "7004 Brookville Rd" > need the file by street name , then by number. > > All suggestions deeply appreciated. > > Keef...

highliting works on with html format?
Hi guys, Here is what I would like to do: In outlook, suppose I get a message in plan text format. I would like to open the email, and maybe make some sentences bold and colored. and then I can save it. Hence after sometime the email will be noticable for me. Now, I can do this if the e-mail is sent in html format cause then I open the message and then I press "edit message" and the edit toolbar becomes usable and I do things on the email. However, if the email is sent in "plain text" format, I can not edit the email at all. I try to push the "edit message" butt...

putting date and time together in 1 cell
Hi I need to convert New Zealand time to UK time, the time is displayed in two parts A B date time dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss How do i get cell A and cell B into one cell with the format dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss and then I can just minus 13 hours. any ideas please. =SUM(A2,B2,-13/24) and format the cell as dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi I need to convert New Zealand time to UK time, the time >is displayed in two parts >A B >date time >dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss > >How do i get cell A and c...

Exchange 2003 OWA stopped working and DNS Events
Hi All, I am struggling with yet another Exchange 2003 problem. It has been working flawlessley for almost, nothing changed and all of a sudden quit working. When I try to open up my OWA I am getting the 503 service unavailable page. In my Event Logs, I am seeing this when I reboot the server: The dynamic registration of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.ForestDnsZones.ic-MYDOMAINXXXX.us. 600 IN SRV 0 100 389 exchange.MYDOMAINXXXX.us.' failed on the following DNS server: DNS server IP address: 205.178.190.31 Returned Response Code (RCODE): 5 Returne...

Number formatting issues
An ongoing issue I have had is with one of the columns in the reports I am accessing. One of the fields I access has a numbers in it such as "063740285007037" but when they are copied and pasted into another sheet "6.37403E+13" is displayed. Is there any way to correct this after the data has been pasted? Thank you for your help. Change the number format of that range. Select the range to fix Format|cells|Number tab|custom category type: 000000000000000 (as many as you need to keep the leading 0's) Or maybe you could paste a second time: Edit|Paste special|p...

Working offline, but no exchange server to go online with.
Hi, I use: Win XP SP2, Office 2003, SP 2. I started to create an Exchange Server account but shortly after, deleted it. Since then, I get an "Offline" icon in the right lower corner of the Also, when I try to use Rules and Alerts, I get the message: "You are currently working offline. To use this command, you must go online and connect to the Exchange Server." I do not have Exchange Server. There is no choice to go online in File Menu either. Any help would be appreciated. Create a new mail profile in Control Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles. = Configure it with...

Extender and SOP master number
I have created an Extender window linked to the Sales Transaction Entry window. At first the key field was the SOP Number but then I realized the information won't transfer when the Order is transferred to an Invoice. How can I link the Extender window to the master number instead? In the key field selection, I do not see it in the list. Is this possible? Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks. -Joe ...

autorecover doesn't work reliably during a forced reboot
Scenario: - Auto-recover is enabled in excel - An Unsaved Excel document is open - An SMS process for applying security or windows update patches causes a forced/unattended system reboot After the reboot is performed, the unsaved changes are lost in the excel document, because Autorecover doesn't think there is an autorecover document (apparently). I've had this happen a number of times, but it isn't 100% consistent. Is there anything I can do to increase the likelihood that autorecover will actually work (short of trying to disable SMS and windows update)? Is it possi...

Formula Error
I have a list of codes in F$19:F$1500. I was attempting to use the following code to assign a number to each unique value in the list and repeat the previously assigned number if it is duplicated. This works for the first 15-20 numbers, but returns an error (#n/a) afterwards as if the code stopped working. I have tried EVERYTHING... Same result each time. =IF(COUNTIF($F$18:F19,F19)>1,VLOOKUP(F19,F$18:G18,2,FALSE),MAX($G $18:G18)+1) Any clues? My guess... =countif() treats everything as text. So the text string ="1" (or '1) will be counted as a match as well as the num...

Task Due Dates & SFO
I have found a problem with the due dates and SFO. When I change Task Due Dates in Outlook it DOES NOT change them in CRM. I synchronized, but the Due Dates do not update. On the other hand, when I change the Due Date in CRM it DOES change in Outlook. Is anyone else having this issue? Has anyone solved it? ...

sorting by date #2
I am having trouble sorting a table by date. When I choose to sort th column by date - it sorts it alphabetically by date - i.e. with Augus coming first. How can I have Excel sort chronologically, when the date include month, day, yea -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It sounds as if the dates are formatted as text. You can change this to an Excel date value by inserting a helper column and using the following formula (assuming your dates are in column A: =DATEVALUE(A1) and copying down. Excel will then recognize the values as date values, not text, and will sort chronol...

How to format number with mixed number and text?
I put the following formula into a cell: =6.65+0.15&" lb". It did what I intended, namely: add the numbers and display the result with the tag, i.e. "6.8 lb". However, the Number format seems to have no effect on the displayed result. For example, if Decimal Places is 2, the above result is still "6.8 lb", not "6.80 lb". I get more decimal places only if they are "needed". For example, =6.65+0.1511&" lb" displays 4 decimal places, even if the Number format is 2 decimal places. How can I control the format of the numeric ...

Calculating days and dates
I need to calculate the number of working days (ie Monday to Friday) from the date entered in cell D4 (22/07/2005). This needs to update each day in cell E4. I can do this not based on working days, by entering =DATEDIF(D4,TODAY(),"d") but where in the formula do I reference it to working days or network days? HELP! -- HDV ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HDV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26299 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395788 You can use the ...

Legacy driver conversion needs means to identify process sending I
I am still converting a massive and old WDM driver. We found where the old driver copies the Irp->Tail.Overlay.OriginalFileObject in order to identify which process sent the WDFREQUEST. While inspecting MSDN's docs on the IRP struct, we noted that the OriginalFileObject member of Tail.Overlay is not recommended for driver usage. So here is my question: What is the ideal way for a KMDF driver to determine which instance of our DLL (which user mode app) sent the WDFREQUEST? What our driver must do is enforce that one and only one app open certain items like channels o...

Numbered Shapes
Hi, I am using Visio 2003. I numbered all the shapes in a flowchart using the Tools|Add-Ons|Visio Extras|Number Shapes. I now find I can not get rid of the numbers. How can I delete the numbers? I will probably say "DUH" when it is pointed out to me Thanks Carl Hello Carl, The addon adds a custom property to each shape named "Hide shape number". You can set this to false (View / Custom Properties if the custom properties aren't visible) on a shape by shape basis or by multiple selecting the shapes and then making the change. If you really need to delete them...

Dates and columns
This is the layout: 12/03-------------Months in between-------------------->11/04 Now once the month of December is over and January comes in my row no reads: 01/04-------------Months in between--------------------->12/04 As a month comes to an end it drops and the current new month shift over and it adds a following month at the end. So it will always hav an updated 12 month look. Now under every month there is dat associated with it. What I want to do is capture the current month an the data associated with it and save it on another worksheet. And a the new months come in I want to ...

Fixed Asset ledger by date
Is there a report for fixed assets that can be run which shows cost, a/d beginning, depr, a/d ending for a specific time? I'd like to run such report in April 05, for the period ending Dec 04. I haven't found such a report. I can't believe it's not there. There is not a report to go back and get the ending depreciation. You can create a report that starts with the cost; displays the monthly depreciation; and displays and ending accumulated depreciation. "tjchamp" <tjchamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91FAEF4F-E91D-4DD9-9F41-A3D004A...

Re: Exporting "Date Received" field
In trying to export Outlook 2003 email messages to an Access database for long term archival, I find it impossible to include the date the email message was received. As this is a rather important piece of information I would like to preserve, it is diificult to understand why Microsoft would exclude this field from any exporting utility. Does anyone know a workaround for this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. George ...

Help! EXMERGE Doesn't work
Could someone help me get ExMerge working please? I carefully followed Jim McBee's recipe for setting up ExMerge permissions (http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2005/07/recipe-for-setting-up-permissions-to.html). However, I still couldn't get it working. I turned on the maximum logging and the logs show me that there is a permission problem as the following: [14:53:37] OpenStores: Start [14:53:37] GetMsgStoresTable successful. [14:53:37] Checking service 'Microsoft Exchange Message Store' [14:53:37] Found service 'MSEMS' in current profile. [14:53:37] Error opening...

fill color doesnt work on new install of office 2003
fill color doesnt work on new install of office 200 I installed office 2003 over office 98 called the local computer store and they couldn't help either All settings seemed o Any ideas from anyone? Refers to previous versions, but may well be the cause:- MS Article found at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;Q320531 OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed The information in this article applies to: Microsoft Excel 2000 Microsoft Excel 2002 Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Microsoft Publisher 2002 Microsoft Word 2002 Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Microsoft...

csv conversion
How can i break apart a comma delimited text string in a single cell to multiple cells based on comma loaction? Select the column of values and use Data | Text to Columns, specify Delimited and check the Comma box But first make sure there are enough blank columns to the right to accept the new values best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Rozman" <Rozman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FEF33ED-3C0C-4C84-8400-8E0A9B5A703A@microsoft.com... > How can i break apart a comma delimited text string i...

weighted random numbers
Would appreciated any help on this. I'm looking to create a spreadsheet that can generate weighted random numbers much like professional sports leagues do with their draft lotteries. I play in a league with 20 teams and we have a draft every year. I would like to generate a lottery where the teams that finished near the bottom would have a greater ( say i.e 25%) chance of selecting the 1st pick than the teams that finished near the top. Any input would be appreciated. Thx Jorge Jorge <eisen_h...@yahoo.com> wrote... >Would appreciated any help on this. I'm looking to cr...