Why does my bottom double border button not work?

I customized my tool bar to include a button that will put two underlines in
the bottom of a cell.  It seemed to work for a couple of day, but now when I
click on it, it only places a single line at the bottom of the cell.  If I go
in an manually format the cell for a dual line, the button on the tool bar is
highlighted.  If anyone knows what is causing this I would appreciate a
solution.

Jeff
0
Catellier (1)

It's a bug. Some people report that it was fixed by installing service
packs, others (like me) still have the problem.

Here's a thread that suggests a workaround.

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3C59F286.DB7C606A%40msn.com

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Input cell on Data Table will not work
I have re-created the example from Microsoft Excel Help from "Creating a one variable data table", and when I select "Data Table" then select "Column input cell" I select the cell specified in the example. I receive the message "Input cell reference is not valid" The same thing happens when I try to replicate the two variable data table from Microsoft Help. Note that you have to select a "single rectangle that is more than one row high and one column wide" Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Sarah Bee" wrote: > I have re-created the ex...

Visio 2007 Prints to bottom of page
When printing from Visio 2007 Professional the content always fills the bottom of the page instead of the top. Is there a way of correcting this? ...

Double Clicking to go to precendent cell
In my old version of excel I double clicked on a cell and it went to the cell the value had come from - how do I set this on in Office 2003 Tools/Options/Edit - deselect "edit directly in cell" To have it both ways, use VBA to trap the beforedoubleclick event: right-click the sheet tab, select view code, then enter: Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) cancel=True Selection.DirectPrecedents.Select End Sub ...

CPropertySheet doesn't work after AfxSetResourceHandle().
Hi. Please, help me find out what's happenning with 'CPropertySheet::OnInitDialog()' after AfxSetResourceHandle() is called. I'm working at a multilingual application. The user can change it's UI language from the 'Settings' property sheet. When user does it, the program loads the appropriate resource DLL and calls 'AfxSetResourceHandle()' to set the new source for resources. And when the user wants to open the 'Settings' property sheet the second time, a memory access violation arises and the sheet doesn't even appear. BTW, other dialogs (non ...

Close button and RichTextbox
How do I get rid of (or disable) the little Close button at the upper right hand corner on a child form? I have only figured out how to hide the Maximum and Minimum buttons, but not the Close button. Any suggestion? Also, how to determine the number of lines entered in a RichTextbox? Where can I retrieve that piece of information? Thanks!! "C.L." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:027f01c3ad99$28a9bd00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I get rid of (or disable) the little Close button > at the upper right hand corner on a child form? I have &g...

trying to do a if something blank do this else do this. same code works on a different form
If ge > "" Then sql statement else sql statement end if ge is a simple text box. my sql statements are fine. I have the same code running on a different form that also has a simple text box, it runs just fine. I can post me entire code if needed. What is the question? -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "mgworek" wrote: > If ge > "" Then > sql statement > else > sql statement > end if > > > ge is a simple text box. my sql statements are fine. > > I have the same code running on a different form that also ha...

Help: Error when working disconnected in sales outlook
When attempt to work connectionless, it appears to me the following message in all folders: "Cannot access rights of or privilege sufficient lacks to conduct this action". The user is administrator in local machine. The OS is WINDOWS XP SP2 HOME EDITION. Sales for Outlook is not supported on XP Home Edition, because XP Home Edition cannot be joined to a domain "Valentin" <valentincollado@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23xYGPiCmFHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When attempt to work connectionless, it appears to me the following > message in all fol...

Employee Work Schedule
I am trying to create an employee schedule in Excel that is easy to use. I tried modifying the one that's available on the office template, but can't get it right. Here is what I am looking for: - Easy to input - Visually assess who is working each day and at what times - Calculates the number of hours each employee is working - Elminates the need to manually write the schedule first If anyone has anything like this already or can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nadia -- nzatmj -------------------------------------------------------...

Still confused on whether this will work
Hi, I hope you can help with my question, and thanks in advance! In my use of MSMoney Plus Premium, I do bill payer through a bank directly (Wachovia) and download transactions directly using my web site passwords directly to those sites (T Rowe Price, Wachovia, Am Express for example). I am thinking this will still work after Feb 2011 (and my license goes that long), that I will still be able to get transactions automatically downloaded daily like I do now, and I can use the bank for billpayer through MSMoney? So the only thing I will lose is the stock price updates as they come fr...

Generate/Paint custom ctrl border
Hi, Is there functionalities or tips to easily create control borders with 3D look like standard control (will be used in a custom OCX). Thanks Hugo There a few functions to help you do this. Take a look at Draw3dRect, DrawEdge, DrawFrameControl... "H.B." <hbcrdv@_hotmail_.com> wrote in message news:1075480613.374259@news.drenet.dnd.ca... > Hi, > > Is there functionalities or tips to easily create control borders with 3D > look like standard control (will be used in a custom OCX). > > Thanks > > Hugo > > ...

Double e-mails #4
I dis-abled my virus detection for my e-mail, yet I am still getting double e-mails from everyone in my inbox. How do I correct this? Running Win XP w/ Office 2003 RED Uninstall and reinstall you AV without the option for scanning your email. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, red asked: | I dis-abled my virus detection for my e-mail, yet I am still getting | double e-mails ...

Conditional Formatting Not Working As Intended
I have the following Conditional Formatting rules set up. This is the order they appear in the Conditional Formatting Rules Manager: Rule Format Applies to Cell Value > "$H$41" L.Blue =$E$3:$J$3 Cell Value = "$H$41" D.Green =$E$3:$J$3 Cell Value >= "$G$41" L.Green =$E$3:$J$3 Cell Value >= "$F$41" Yellow =$E$3:$J$3 Cell Value < "$F$41" Red =$E$3:$J$3 Cell Value is set to =$E$41. The problem is the affected cells are Red no matter wh...

Will Outlook 2007 work on my Windows 7 64 bit system?
Have just bought Office Outlook 2007 but haven't opened it yet. On the bottom of the box (in the 'continued' section of the System requirements) it says Internet Explorer 6 or later, 32 bit browser only. I have Windows 7 64 bit as my operating system. Does this mean that Outlook will not work because my operating system is not 32 bit? Outlook 2007 will work just fine with Windows 7 and is fully supported by Microsoft as well. I believe the box refers to the use of several components that are being used within Office itself that depend on the 32-bit version of Intern...

A button to navigate to the last page of view
In all the views, there is a first page, previous page and next page. It should also have a last page to allow user to navigate to the last page and not clicking the next page multiple time to go to the last page ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://...

The 'sizing handles' on the axis titles don't work!!
I'm working with a column chart in Excel - I'm trying to resize the title box of the y-axis, but I can't. When I double-click, I see the thick line and the dark boxes of the sizing handles. However, when I try to use these, I get no double-headed arrow and can't resize the box. I can move it around, but that's all. I can't resize the chart title and x-axis titles either. Weirdly, I CAN resize the legend box. Anyone know how I can fix this? Nicole, Unfortunately the only way that you can resize the title box is to change the font size. You still get the borders...

Spell check
When running spell check, if I select ignore all, Word ignores the word in the existing document as well as new documents created. I used recheck document to reset and flag the mispelled word for new documents. Is there a fix for this problem? -- marcopolo ...

ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI_RANGE not working
Hi, hope somebody can help me with this strange issue. I've a DLL that exports a CDialog based class, which contains a menu. For this menu I've declared both ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI_RANGE and ON_COMMAND_RANGE macros: ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI_RANGE(IDC_RESOURCE1,IDC_RESOURCE4,OnUpdateResource) ON_COMMAND_RANGE(IDC_RESOURCE1,IDC_RESOURCE4,OnResource) so my idea is to check the correct menu option when it's displayed, by using OnUpdateResource: void CMyDialog::OnUpdateResource(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->SetCheck((m_nResource == pCmdUI->m_nID - IDC_RESOURCE1 + 1)?1:0); } The str...

Non approved work in Project 2007
Hi, we recently moved from Project 2003 to 2007, and we have a report that shows the work which has not been approved yet by the project managers. I've been looking for a way to retrieve this information in project 2007 (through webservices or directly from the database). Where can I get this information from? Thanks in advance Hi RainieroDon, Microsoft actually offers a Project Server report pack that you can download. This is a good starting point. Check out this site, it has a lot of content that you may be looking for http://blogs.msdn.com/project_programmability/arch...

Removing Buttons #2
Dave, Not sure if a new post will help or not - but I wanted to also add that some of the error messages from your macro were 'out of memory'. But when I returned to the spreadsheet I noticed the formula line for the button read =EMBED("FORMS.HTML:Submitbutton.1","") and the button was surrounded by the 4 little circles and I was able to delete one button -- but could not repeat the process. Steve >-----Original Message----- >If there's no shapes you want to keep, maybe this'll do it for you. > >(Save your file first--just in case.) ...

combine/merge 2 worksheet (tabs) into 1 work sheet
Hi, after reading countless forum discussions, i am still very confused for something that should be fairly simple! i have a workbook file with several work sheets (tab) that have data comparing two year revenue income. And now we need to compare them side by side vertically. I tried consolidation but it doesn't work. VB is too hard. I can't imagine doing cut and paste for 40 tabs. worksheet (tab1) shows year, number and ratio 2010 $8,782 811% 2009 $964 worksheet (tab2) shows 2010 $3,425 -33% 2008 $5,112 what i would like to see is ...

need a button for each row to create a graph for the data
hi, i'm hoping someone can help me as i dont have much of a clue about excel formula or macros. i have a table that contains the names of all the students in a class, the names of the tests and their score. over the year there are about 16 tests but to this point only 8 have been completed. the bottom row of the table contains the class average for the class Looks something like this: A B C D E F G H I J name test1 test2 test3 test4 test5 test6 test7 test8 joe 44 87 96 54 ...

moving mouse highlights cells without touching left mouse button
in excel, it seems there is some sort of lock on so when i move my mouse around in a worksheet, it highlights all of the cells i move across. this happens when the left mouse button isn't being touched, and i can't work out what i have done to do this. have already tried the f8 button, but this doesn't help Is it a wheelie-mouse? Try depressing the wheel a few times. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 02:41:05 -0800, "bremboy" <bremboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >in excel, it seems there is some sort of lock on so when i move my mouse >...

tablet pc button driver
I want to do tablet pc button driver. But when i install button driver in win 7. The win 7 always show not suitable for 32 bit driver. Could any body have answer to help ? ...

The sheet tabs at the bottom of my worksheet has disappeared?
When I saved my excel work sheet using 2007 microsoft office, all my Sheet tabs at the bottom of the page has disappeared? How do I get them back? Try Tools > Options > put a check in the SheetTabs box Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "tresses8m" <tresses8m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4363C337-FF3A-4C2A-A7EB-F565B6122DCA@microsoft.com... > When I saved my excel work sheet using 2007 microsoft office, all my Sheet > tabs at the bottom of the page has disappeared? How do I get them back? What if the Sheet Tabs box already has a check in it? --...

Widescreen monitors/Missing Buttons
On laptops with widescreen monitors, the dropdown menus are cut off at the bottom hiding the lower selections and the scroll down button, and the bottom of windows end early, hiding the ‘Ok’ and ‘Cancel’ buttons in many places. Any known was to address these issues? -- Thank You, Robert Harrison Portland: 503-345-9176 ext 814 Seattle: 206-686-3254 ext 814 Gateway Solutions Inc www.GSIcrm.com Certified Microsoft CRM Solution Partner Hi Rob, I'm not sure if this is part of the same problem but some C360 products have similar issues because of the DPI setting of the display. Det...