why does excel add 0's to a cell?

when I add numbers to a cell, excel adds tree zero's to the number. Is this a
bug in excel? How can I fix this problem?
0
Kathryn (25)

Check the number format for the cell.  Format it as General.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Kathryn" <Kathryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when I add numbers to a cell, excel adds tree zero's to the
> number. Is this a
> bug in excel? How can I fix this problem?

0
chip1 (1821)
11/7/2004 11:32:29 PM
Kathryn,

If Chip's suggestion does not cure your problem and the  zeros are after the
number then try

Tools > Options > Edit and uncheck fixed Decimal Places

HTH

Sandy

--
to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"Chip Pearson" <chip@cpearson.com> wrote in message
> Check the number format for the cell.  Format it as General.
>

> --
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
> www.cpearson.com
>

> "Kathryn" <Kathryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when I add numbers to a cell, excel adds tree zero's to the
> > number. Is this a
> > bug in excel? How can I fix this problem?

0
sandymann (252)

Highlighting cells #2
Excel 2007 sp1 with vista 32 business sp1 Background: When you highlight multiple non-contigious cells (i.e. hold the control key down and select several cells that are not connected) Excel highlights the selected cells in light blue. Problem: This light blue does not show at all on many projectors. In some case you can adjust the color temp and this helps. We do hundreds of presentation in North America each year and can not control what projection equipment we will be using. Requested solution: I would change the light blue background that is applied to selected cells to some other colo...

if cell starts with characters formula
Hi I need to count cells in a column starting with certain characters. each cell's data varies in length. I have tried with @countif( but does not work if the cell contains other characters after the "prefix". eg. row 20 cell 5 apples row 21 cell 5 apples red row 22 cell 5 apples green row 23 cell 5 plums green row 23 cell 5 plums purple totals required for apples = 3 (regardless of colour) total required for plums = 2 (regardless of colour) @countif(C20:c30,"plums") gives answer of 1 require answer of 2 @countif(C20:c30,&quo...

move cell contents

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

how do i add time up in exel
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an odd number of hours. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12306C49-050C-4DED-AD75-2ECEE54A24F7@microsoft.com... > everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though > i &g...

visible cell only

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Excel 2007

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

Excel Problem

Event Planning/Event Management Add-On
Does anyone know of a good add-on to handle event planning? It appears that Axonom sells a product. I'm not sure it's compatible with CRM 3.0, though. The screen shots are from 1.x. We're looking for an add-on that will help us plan our annual user conference with about 300 attendees. Before I go off and build our own custom entities to handle this stuff, I thought I'd see what's out there. Our requirements are pretty basic: - Track attendees to the event, and which training sessions and activities they'd like to attend. - Payment information including total fee...