Why do sheet tabs keep disappearing? Box in Tools is checked.

When I open a new or existing Excel file, the sheet tabs at the bottom may or
may not show up.  I have repeatedly gone to Tools, Options, View and made
sure the sheet tabs box is checked, but still no tabs.  How do I get them
back?  I can't get from one page of a workbook to another.  This is in
Offfice 2003.
0
Arlie (1)

Hi Arlie,

Try Tools/Options/General

In the Sheets in new workbook box, check and see how many sheets are
set to appear when opening a new workbook.

Larry

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287

Not keeping a copy of mail on server
Hi, I've just setup a Microsoft Exchange account in Outlook 2003 and using Cached Exchange Mode but it seems that all my emails have downloaded locally to my PC. I thought the default behaviour was to keep a copy on the server? Thanks - Jamie. Hello Jamie, That's the idea of Exchange cached mode using Outlook 2003, that a local copy of your mailbox is held locally, and periodically updated from your mailbox on the Exchange server (5 minutes by default I believe). A server copy is still maintained by the Exchange server. HTH, Andrew "Jamie Dawes" <jamie_d808@hot...

mouse cursor disappearing in Crect region when mfc linked statically

Page Tab Width
Hi, Is there any way to adjust the size of collapsed page tab widths? Dragging seems only to adjust the size of the expanded page tab width. I have sections with varying collapsed page widths so I assume this is possible. I am using ON2007. Many thanks. Jose Capablanca wrote: > Is there any way to adjust the size of collapsed page tab widths? The tab's width is dynamic. It depends on nothing but how wide the pane for the page tabs is set by dragging the border. > Dragging seems only to adjust the size of the expanded page tab width. Right! > I have se...

Text Box dynamic Color Fill
Hi, I have a textbox in excel that is linked to a cell. Depending if the cell value is positive or negative, I would like to change the textbox background color (fill). Any advice? Tks a lot! - Castor Hi Castor! You can use a macro, like the sample below to change the background color in the textbox. You have to update the name of the textbox in the macro, if it's not "Text Box 1", and the cell where you want to check for a positive/negative values. Sub ChangeTextboxFillColor() TheActiveCell = ActiveCell.Address If ActiveSheet.Range("A1") >= 0 Then Acti...

word working with other tools
I would like to export about 10 sub or linked sql server reporting service 2008 reports to word and create a table of contents. From looking on the web site looks like my best option is to do this in word. If not, how would you accomplish this task using Word? What I use the document map feature to connect to word? If not what feature would I use? Hi, I have never experienced that task myself in word but it looks that it is possible to do. I found this website that helps you out creating a table of contents for several Word files. Let me know what you think: http://www....

Command to update data from one sheet to another
Is there a command to update data from one sheet to another when both sheets are located in two different places? I have a workbook that needs to be updated every three hours; the data is located in a work book in another drive. I was wondering if is even possible to create a button that when pressed updates the data automatically. I'm currently using office 2007. -- Regards YM you can create a button that will open the file on the other drive. Set your settings to update links and you should be ok. "Yitzhack" wrote: > Is there a command to update data from one...

Outlook Periodic Check [Exchange Server]
Hello, I use MS Outlook 2000 on Windows XP using a connection to an MS Exchange Server. Is there anyway I can set up my client to only exchange emails with the server on a periodic basis, or when I hit the Send/Receive button (like a POP account) or is this entirely dictated by the server? ...

Outlook dropped "Tools" from the menu
Ok, I fired up my Outlook the other day, and it somehow got some settings screwed up. As opposed to downloading messages, I have to click to download each message in order to read it. What's also strange is that in the standard text menu bar, the "Tools" menu has vanished, and there's no way to get it back. Is there a way to get my toolbars back or repair outlook easily? did you reset the toolbars? check the send and receive settings (Ctrl+Alt+S) - it sounds like it was changed to download only headers. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2...

how do i use one combo box to determine the content of a second combo box?
Hello, I have been trying for several days to figure out how to use one combo box to determine the content of a second combo box. I am creating a database listing equipment by manufacturer and model # I would like to create one combo box that gives a drop down list of manufacturers Then, based on the manufacturer chosen, I would like to have a second combo box which gives a drop down list of model #'s offered by the chosen manufacturer It seems like a fairly simple concept, but I have poured through the "using access 2003" guide with no luck Access version I'm using: 20...

Adding a logo to the Personal Information dialog box?
MS Publisher 2003 I want to add a logo to the Personal Information dialog box but the logo area is greyed out? Everything else in the Personal Information dialog box is available. -- Thanks in advance for your time. Pamela Edit a logo for a personal information set http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP030713481033.aspx?pid=CH062524721033 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Proicere" <Proicere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:020BB7AB-1676-4D8E-87BF-CB85F68D0A63@microsoft.com...

Spell check not working Outlook 2007
All of the settings say it is turned on but Outllok 2007 spell check is not working?? If you right click on the misspelled word, what menu do you see? If the signature menu, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/signatures.htm (also applies to 2007/2010) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST...

How to check how big should be static to fit given text?
I need to place some text into static control (using SetWindowText), sometimes it will be few words, but sometimes it will be few lines of text. I want to check how big should be static to fit given text. I want to set static size, and whole window size to fit this text into static. I need something like LineFromChar from CEdit. "Tomasz Pyra" <hellfire@spam.spam.spam> wrote in message news:dc2d0k$bpa$1@korweta.task.gda.pl... > I need to place some text into static control (using SetWindowText), > sometimes it will be few words, but sometimes it will be few lines of t...

keeping a sirname from wrapping onto another line
I need to keep a first name and sirname together on the same line, but the sirname is wrapping onto the next line. How do I keep them on the same line. Use a non-breaking space instead of a normal space. You can insert one by using CTRL+SHIFT+SPACE. Yves "rbp" <rbp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABB2D70A-0E0D-4BD9-A663-E62F79743834@microsoft.com... >I need to keep a first name and sirname together on the same line, but the > sirname is wrapping onto the next line. How do I keep them on the same > line. ...

Text Box to Enter Date
IF Text Box [tbA] is to have today's date entered into it , if Text Box [tbB] has any text entered into it......What code do I need for [tbA] in after update.......Thanks for any help,................Bob Oops figured it out sorry, If tbA.value = "" Or IsNull(tbA.value) Then tbA.value = Format(Now, "dd-mmm-yy") "Bob" <bob@the.races> wrote in message news:f2u99a$ob2$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > > > IF Text Box [tbA] is to have today's date entered into it , if Text Box > [tbB] has any text entered into it......What code do I need ...

No MDX syntax highlighting or Design Set tab in SSRS 2008
I'm a reporting services developer, and I've been resisting moving from SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2008 for two reasons. The first is that I write some pretty complex MDX reports and in SSRS 2008 there is no syntax highlighting. Furthmore, when I'm adding SSRS 2005 MDX reports, it throws everything into a big pile, and ruins my spacing, tabs, etc. I can't even do a Ctrl + A to select it All. Its just really disappointing that they took steps backward in their code editor from SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2008. Also, I'm not a really big fan of getting rid of the design tab. It&#...

How do I reset Windows Mail? Multiple emails keep downloading.
I bought a windows computer with vista and Windows Mail. I set up my email and now every email is downloading over and over again each time I hit send and receive. I am on my fifth set up emails and have over 57,000 emails in my "in" box. How can I reset Windows Mail to it's original (factory) setting....meaning bringing it back to brand new. Also, how do I download emails from my server only ONCE, and then only new emails from then on? Help please! On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 16:41:01 -0800, Renee Wood <Renee Wood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I bough...

a brand new query tool is out on beta, we need feedback, so you get a free copy #2
We at Nob Hill Software are working on a new query tool: http://www.nobhillsoft.com/MarieAlix.aspx?HeardVia=ptut You can read all about it on the above web page, but basically, its a very ambitious project to create what we call 'the query tool to end all query tools': everything you ever wanted, desired, dreamed about in a query tool, and then some. For that, we need people who will download it, use it, tell us what they think, what's good and what's not, and what they would like to see in the future. This program has been going on since winter 2009, and so far we've m...

Named range in a different sheet
Hi everyone! I want to create a range (A1, B1, C1, D1, ...), containing X cells in sheet1. I named it "Range". I want to paste the value of those range to another X cells in sheet2. I selected the X cells in sheet 2 and call it "Range2". I said Range2 is =Sheet1!Range. And it appears an error #VALUE! What am I doing wrong? These are the only named ranges I have. I know I can do it individually, but I want to do it all together... Thanks in advance, Bruno Pereira Try =Range -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) &q...

Transfer "Account Tools" Categories to Budget ; PID
I've set up elaborate expense categories/subcategories in the Banking tab under Account Tools/Categories & Payees. Is there a way to import this category structure automatically into a new advanced budget? I bought Money 2006/Deluxe at Walmart. When I tried to use the online support, they asked for a product ident. number, but when I went to Help/About MS Money, there was nothing but a serial number, which didn't work. Any ideas? Thanxalot! -- Rich Rosenberg ...

Help with Excel sheets
Hello. I need help with developing a formula for data extraction: Spreadsheet #1 contains student data which my IT dept. imports into a student intake database. Prior to import, however, I would like to extract test score information from a second spreadsheet. The common identifiers between the two spreadsheets are "Last Name" and "First Name" to identify the students. The columns I want to extract and place at the end of each student's data from sheet #2 to sheet #1 are "Total", "Written" and "Reading". I know this ...

check or uncheck a check box based on a cell value
IN EXCEL, I WANT TO HAVE A CHECK BOX CHECKED IF A DOLLAR AMOUNT IS ENTERED IN A CELL AND UNCHECKED IF THE CELL IS ZERO 1. Please, do not use all capitals, it's as if you are shouting! 2. If the cell with the $ amount is A1 then enter =A1<>0 in B1 (or any other empty cell) and give B1 as linked cell of the checkbox! -- Regards! Stefi „RTKCPA” ezt írta: > IN EXCEL, I WANT TO HAVE A CHECK BOX CHECKED IF A DOLLAR AMOUNT IS ENTERED IN > A CELL AND UNCHECKED IF THE CELL IS ZERO ...

After migrating user from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 emails have disappeared
After migrating a user from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003, many of her emails have disappeared. I remember reading somewhere that this is not an uncommon side effect of this migration. Can anyone tell me how to reverse this? Is there a setting somewhere? KingCronos <test2005@bgop.org.uk> wrote: > After migrating a user from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003, many of her > emails have disappeared. I remember reading somewhere that this is not > an uncommon side effect of this migration. Can anyone tell me how to > reverse this? Is there a setting somewhere? Migrating properly wi...

Duplicate record checking should be included with CRM
Duplicate record checking/auditing should be included with CRM. That seems to be one of the fundamental basics for keeping CRM data clean and at this time it's a 3rd party purchased add on. dph ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft...

Mail disappears from folders
Mail moved to my draft folder from my inbox is gone when I reenter Windows Live Mail....also, after creating a folder, such as Saved Mail, it also disappears, along with the mail that was in it, when I return to the mail program..... The folders I create along with any mail I put in those folders is gone when I return to my mail program....how can I fix this and is there anyway to retrieve that mail...??? I have a Toshiba Satelitte laptop with Windows 7 OS...... Check your views... WLM Menu/View/Show or Hide/Show all messages The Draft folder is best used by clicking on Fil...

Page Settings Tab
I'm modifying an existing flyer design to be commercially printed so I want to produce a press quality PDF. It's an A5 publication on an A4 sheet & I want to add crop marks but when I go to 'Print' and select 'Adobe PDF' as my printer and then choose 'Advanced Print Settings' there's no 'Page Settings' tab. Anyone got any ideas???? Do you have it setup so two A5 publications print on one page? Look at the properties of the AdobePDF printer, there are options. Have you installed the updates to Acrobat? If you have Acrobat 7, help, about shou...