Why do multiple circular references affect each other in a worksh.

I am trying to create a mileage tracker for service records, eg. a1=total
miles, b1=miles. I would like to enter in the new miles into b1 every time. I
found that a circular reference works for this but for only one entry and I
have many parts to keep track of. If at all possible I would like to be able
to make this work for each part and all on one worksheet. If other worksheets
are required for calculation purposes that is fine. Any help is appreciated.
0
jtblock (1)

Take a look at

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html

In article <3BCB94AA-A9B0-4107-BE70-9FB484765739@microsoft.com>,
 "jtblock" <jtblock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am trying to create a mileage tracker for service records, eg. a1=total
> miles, b1=miles. I would like to enter in the new miles into b1 every time. I
> found that a circular reference works for this but for only one entry and I
> have many parts to keep track of. If at all possible I would like to be able
> to make this work for each part and all on one worksheet. If other worksheets
> are required for calculation purposes that is fine. Any help is appreciated.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Mass change of same cell in multiple files??????
I have about 180 files that are price pages from a company we sell products from. The same cell in every file, Sheet 1 P1 is a factor that is used in formulas through out the files. I guess I am wondering if there are 1 of 2 solutions. 1) Can I mass change that P1 cell in all 180 files to be a different number instead of 1.0? or 2) Can I mass change any reference to that cell in any sheet to point to one cell that we can change anytime and only do 1 update for all 180 files? Thanks in advance Hi Jim You can do this with a macro http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm You can use a form...

Internet
-- Internet - Take Advantage of Multiple Windows When Surfing SUMMARY: Stop jumping back and forth between index pages by using several browser windows. Why use one web browser window when you can have multiple? If you have an adequate amount of memory, open up several web browsers to maximize your surfing experience. One great way to do this is via a start page. Select a page from where you would like to begin browsing, such as a table of contents or links page. Now, instead of left-clicking on links or entries to view other pages, right-click the links. From the pop-up menu that a...

Does GP allow for different Account Formats for multiple Companies
Hi All, I am setting up a new client that has 3 different companies. Two of them have the same GL framework. The third has a diffferent account framework. How can I change the account framework for the new company? Thanks for your help. -- TC If they are different databases simply go to Tools >> Setup>>Company >>Account Format. -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-8550 fax: 972-692-7472 "TC" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am sett...

Task w/ Multiple Resource
I have a task that requires two resources to work concurrently. It is a series of presentations that need to occur within a single span of five days. Both resources must be available to attend each and every presentation within that 5 day period. There is work that must be complete prior to presentations, therefore this task has a predecessor. It so happens that one of the resources that must perform the task is away on vacation when the predecessor finishes. Even though the vacation is entered as an exception in the calendar of the resource, MS Project still schedules the pr...

Multiple archive folder
I find in my folder list more instances of "Archive folder". Trying to remove with "Close Active Folders" command i get the following error "The operation failed. An object could not be found" Has anyone some ideas !!! In my outlook profile I have only one Archive Folder ! By Antonio ...

multiple-line
Hi, how I can specify working of fields so that it is posted multiple-line in a form MSCRM3.0 Thanck you. Hi Ahmed, If your field's data type is nvarchar and Format is Text or Text Area than it can be expanded on multiple lines. In customization of that form, in Field Properties of that field, on Formatting tab there is an option of Row Layout. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "ahmed" wrote: > Hi, > how I can specify working of fields so that it is ...

Categorizing multiple transactions
I downloaded my transactions and of course some had blank categories. I want to be able to somehow categorize the payee so I don't have to modify hundereds manually (there all the same category) and I also want these to be automatically recognized when new transactions of the same are downloaded. ...

Moving multiple messages #2
Whenever I attempt to move multiple messages in Outlook 2000 to a Personal folder, I always receive a message that says "Cant move the items. Some items could not be moved. They were either already moved or deleted, or access was denied." If I move them one at a time, it works, but moving even two messages gives me the error. It only happens when they have attachments ...

Multiple Outlook 2003 instances launched
I'm running Outlook 2003 on my home machine to access my Verizon email account. It does not matter how I launch Outlook, from the Start Menu, from a Desktop shortcut, or from the Launch Bar, I always get multiple instances of Outlook running. Does anyone know what is going on here and how I can prevent the multiple launch? TIA Jim Outlook will only display one instance under normal circumstances. Did you perhaps in a previous session elect to open other folders in a new window? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Al...

Multiple tasks in sales process stage
I have a sales process with multiple tasks within a stage (4 - 6). Each of these tasks needs to be handled with the previous one being a prerequisite to completing the next. When I reschedule 1 of the tasks (say the first 1 in the list) then the others (task 2, 3 and 4) should be rescheduled accordingly, or at least I would think so. It seems as though upon changing stages all tasks are created and assigned a due date and are then left static. The only workaround here is to create a stage for each task in order to wait for a previous task to be completed before moving to the next task in th...

view the reference and not the value
Dear All, I am trying to bring in 5 sheets a value (text) from the first sheet. When i typing the equal (=) in the sheet2 i saw the reference and not the value. Any solution for that ? i am using the XP edition Thanks in advance Manos Hi 1. check that your target cell is not formated as 'Text'. change the format to 'General' and re-enter the formula 2. If this does not help goto 'Tools - Options - View' and uncheck 'Formulas' >-----Original Message----- >Dear All, > > >I am trying to bring in 5 sheets a value (text) from the >firs...

Find a multiple photos on a page template for Publisher?
Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple photos without recreating the page each time I print. Why not save your page you have created as a template? File, "save as", files of type, scroll down to Publisher template. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "srfaith" <srfaith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:157E95AB-1159-4889-B196-61E147E6E240@microsoft.com... > Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple > photos without recreating the page each time I print. ...

Importing data from multiple sources
I need to import data of members from two different sources, and then compare the data. Is there an easy way of doing this? -- Ted in Chicago You could import the data from the two sources, creating a table for each. Then, you can create a query that compares the data in the tables. "TedChicago" wrote: > I need to import data of members from two different sources, and then compare > the data. Is there an easy way of doing this? > -- > Ted in Chicago .... and as an alternative, you may be able to link to, rather than import, the data. You could ...

Charts Line Types for Multiple Data Series not Printing Properly
Hi, I would appreciate any advice anyone has on this printing problem I am having with data series line types. I have a bunch of charts that each have 5 data series on them (lines) Some are solid line types and others are either dotted or dashed so you can differentiate when printed in black and white. The problem is when I print they are all coming out as solid lines. The dots and the dashes are not spaced enough apart so they come out as one solid line. I have double check that I do in fact have the proper line type selected. I am using Excel 2000 Thanks!!! ...

How do I change the "and" to "or" with multiple Rules (and Alerts)
In Outlook you can configure rules in the "Rules and Alerts" Wizard by checking various options such as "from people or distribution list", "with specified words in the subject", etc. etc. When you check 2 or more of these , they are listed with "and" between each rule, but I need them to be listed with "or", how can I change that? Create separate rules. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.mso...

printing multiple newsletters
When printing an 11x17, folded newsletter and using mail merge in Publisher I encounter problems. There are 664 addresses in my merge list and I am required to press Enter 664 times to get all of them published. This happens on our old C2620. I agreed to upgrade the machine to a C5185i but with reservations as you can imagine. Still, we cannot mail merge our newsletter on the newest machine in Publisher. Ed Bennett's fix from KATMA does not seem to fix this problem. Any other suggestions? Thanks. Are you getting an error message? There are some problems with commercial CMYK merges ...

Multiple Instances of Manager Program
Greetings I have a situation where it might become necessary to have multiple people running the SO Manager program at the same time. Doing edits and changes primarily. Has anyone run up against any performance/stability issues under such circumstances. Does this cause any instability problems with the POS frontend also operating at the same time? The reason I mention this is that we did some experimentation with having an MS Access forms app try and edit some data in the Customer table and it would cause the frontend to crash if we were operating on the same record. We we...

migrating multiple companies into one
We have multiple companies and are exploring the possibilities of bringing them into one company. Any suggestions? We would like to specifically bring all inventory databases into one database so we can make cost changes only once. Thanks kel 2 things: GOOD LUCK make a full backup of your entire gp environment and simulate a test environment to do it in first. "Kelly Porter" wrote: > We have multiple companies and are exploring the possibilities of bringing > them into one company. Any suggestions? > > We would like to specifically bring all inventory data...

Mailing multiple reports
I have developed a db to track employee certification. One report shows the certificates and training for an individual employee. I would like to be able to mail each employee a copy of this report so that she/he can verify certificate status, either through e-mail or via interoffice mail (hard copy) since some employees don't have easy access to e-mail. The report is set up with a main report for certification and a sub report showing training classes attended to support certificate renewal. I plan on sending such reports out at least annually, perhaps twice per year. I o...

When I try to add an additional email account to my Outlook Exprees, it downloads the same folders as the first email account. How can I retain each email account with seperate folders if they are all under the same identity. Also, the email passwords refuse to be saved even when entered and click the sva epassword box. Anhy thoughts. Paul ...

Multiple Accounts in Outlook 2007
I know I can set up multiple accounts in Outlook 2007 - I've done it. By multiple accounts I mean I get and send mail from/to different mail servers (not exchange - generally pop servers) where each has it's own inbound/outbound servers. My problem is that I create the first one and the folder structure is setup with this structure myfirstmailserver folder inbox trash otherfolders If I add another mail server it uses an inbox or let's me create a folder to use for an inbox under myfirstmailserve rfolder and I want to start a new hierarchy as this. myfirstmailserver fold...

Outlook 2003 receives multiple copies of the same email
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, I access my email from home and work as I work from home on a regular basis. I leave a copy of my emails on the server so that I can retrieve them at work and at home. Since my upgrade at home I Outlook has been retrieving the same emails over and over from one of the servers. This however does not happen at work. A similar problem was discussed in this group yet now answer was posted. I am completely stumped. Thank you schmozz Are you using POP3 to access from both locations? Thanks, Chris McCrady, MCSE, MCT, CCNA chris@tailfeathers.com "schmozz...

Calculate the total overlapping time of multiple tasks, excluding non-working times
I am developing a tracking calculator for an overall process. Within the overall process, there are 3 steps which are completed. These steps can be completed independently from one another, but can also (sometimes) overlap. I am trying to determine the total time for the overall process (from beginning to end), without counting the duplicated times where the steps are running parallel to one another, or times when some steps may be completed and are waiting for another to start. I have outlined the basic design of the worksheet below, with times in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm format. S...

How get Multiple seperate accounts?
I had to do a major re install of everything. I have several accounts that I use Outlook for. It used to be each time I would start Outlook, it would ask me which account to use. It would save a .pst for that account uniquely. Now it just opens and downloads all email to inbox from every account and it setup for. How can I set up Outlook so that it can have several account and asks which account to use for a session? I say in help something to do with XP user accounts but I want one XP user to have several OUtlook accounts. Any help on this frustrating situtation greatly appreciated. ...

Delete multiple Payees at once?
Is there any way to delete multiple payees at once, I have literally hundreds of inactive payees. In microsoft.public.money, Kevin McCarty wrote: >Is there any way to delete multiple payees at once, I have literally >hundreds of inactive payees. > For a different problem, MacroMaker http://members.ij.net/anthonymathews/MacroMaker.htm turned out to be useful for me. Not only could I program a single key to do the action, but I could specify how many times it would repeat. I would make a copy of the file first in case you don't like the result. If you want a simple answer, t...