Why are my columns and rows reversed when I open Excel

When I open my Excel spreadsheet the columns, rows and scroll bars are
reversed??  What's happened?
0
web1 (6)

Tools|options|International Tab
Uncheck that "view current sheet right-to-left"

--

Dave Peterson
0

Insert Rows Problem
cell a7:=IF(B7=0,"",MONTH(C7)&DAY(C7)) when i select b7:h7 and 'insert, shift rows down' the fromula changes in a7 to =IF(B8=0,"",MONTH(C8)&DAY(C8)) How con I do this without a change to a7? -- comotoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27292 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=474178 Try this: =IF(OFFSET(A7,0,1)=0,"",MONTH(OFFSET(A7,0,1))&DAY(OFFSET(A7,0,2))) an offset of 0,1...

TextImportWizard in Excel 2002 (XP)
My regional setting in "language for non-Unicode program" is set to HONG KONG SAR, I want import a text file with the registered symbols (R in a circle), In Excel 2003, I use Text Import Wizard and in step 1, I choose "UTF-8" in File Origin option, it success to import and display the registered symbol, but for Excel 2002, I can't find the "UTF-8" option in Text Import Wizard and the registerd symbols in Excel cannot be shown. why? (I can't use the replace function in Excel to solve this problem as a user requirement) ...

Excel Add-Ons For Charting
Is there an add-on for Excel that will draw contour plots? Hi, Have a look at fernando cinquegrani contour addin. http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html Cheers Andy John Schutkeker wrote: > Is there an add-on for Excel that will draw contour plots? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

A Word Macro to VLookup a Range in Excel
Hi, With a combination of VLOOKUP and MATCH formulas in Excel I'm able to grab a cell's value from a multi-row, multi-column range. But I can do this only from within Excel. The formulas look like these: =IF($H$4="",0,VLOOKUP($H$4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH(IF($I$4="","REG",$I$4),$A$1:$E$1,0),0)*IF($J$4="","1",$J$4)) and =IF(H4="",0,(VLOOKUP(H4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH("REG",$A$1:$E$1,0),0)-VLOOKUP(H4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH(IF(I4="","REG",I4),$A$1:$E$1,0),0))*IF(J4="","1",J4...

Lame Excel XP Startup Error
I'm having a problem with Excel on one of my users machines. Wheneve she opens Excel XP, Visual Basic opens and gives an error. I'v attached a picture showing the exact error. She can just hit OK an close VB, and everything in Excel appears to work okay. This reall isn't a big deal, it's just a PITA and she keeps bugging me about it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here is the error jpeg. Attachment filename: excel error.jpg Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?post...

when custom button is added to excel where is it stored??
If I add functionality to excel97 by clicking on tools and then customize,commands,then macros and then placing a macro icon on the tool bar, where is this change stored?? In later versions of excel it appears to be store in an xlb file but not in excel97. I do this in word and the change is saved in the normal.dot. Then I can copy that normal.dot to other p.c.'s and all of them will have the macro icon on the tool bar. That's what I'm trying to do in excel 97. Thanks do a WINDOWS find for *.xlb -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.co...

Outlook 2007: I've lost the little "flagging" column in the inbox...
.... you know the one you can click to flag for a reminder? I cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone tell me where I can get it back? Thanks! Carmen Did you click in the subject bar and then check your settings in "Customize Current views" - this is where you can add or delete your views Jerry "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" wrote: > .... you know the one you can click to flag for a reminder? > > I cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone tell me where I can get it back? > > Thanks! > > Carmen > > > Reset the view on that folder via Vi...

How do I set text to top of cell next to wrap text in Excel?
In the cell next to a wrap text cell, I want the text to appear at the top of the cell, not at the bottom. Ex. cell A1 is a title for that line and cell A2 is a specification for the title. The specification is much longer than the title so I use wrap text, but when the row height is elongated to show all the text, the title ends up even with the bottom of the spec. How can I make the title even with the top of the cell? Format-->Cell, Alignment tab. Set vertical alignment to top. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Carpenter Gary" <Carpenter Gary@discussio...

referencing different work sheets on opening
Hi All Here my problem, I have an excel spreadsheet with a couple of different sheets in it, what I need to be able to do if possible is have a way of open the document referencing different sheets from multiple shortcuts. Is this possible? Thanks If you are trying to open the documents that have been embedded in your spreadsheet, IE, formulas that use other spreadsheets - then go to Edit / Links / highlight the files that you want to open, then click on open. If you're looking for something else, try a diffrent explanation. HTH >-----Original Message----- >Hi All...

Copying charts to PPt from Excel
1. When I select my XY scatter chart that is located in the worksheet, and choose copy the chart automatically resizes. Why is this? (Using Office 2003) 2. When I copy and paste this as a picture into PowerPoint. the size of the graph is different from what it was when it left excel, and the fonts are different. I know how to resize the chart but one would think that when you copy something it would keeps it original size. Why is this? Problem solved now. Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170760 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;e...

Adding rows in linked spreadsheets
Hi. I am having an issue with 2 linked spreadsheets. I need to have th same data in both sheets...I linked them so i only have to enter dat in one of them to save time. Occasionally i need to insert a new row i the first sheet to keep similar items together. Is it possible to hav that new row (and the data i enter in it) automatically created in th second spreadsheet? At this time I have to create a new row and the link the cell in the second sheet manually every time. Is there quicker way? Thanks in advance.. -- Parce -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Unable to open subforms in Access
I am working with a access database that is located on a network drive. This database is a patient history list and when i double click on the patient's name it is supposed to show me the patient history but it doesnt. I have gone to the access options and changed the trust center settings to allow all macros to run but still can not get the database to work. Any Idea's? On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:54:02 -0800, bpalmeri <bpalmeri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am working with a access database that is located on a network drive. This >database is a patie...

How to merge a worksheet in mail merge on Excel 2000?
I have a database of names and addresses in an excel workbook. No, I inherited from my predessor. My problem is how do I choose a particular worksheet to merge instead of (merging) printing the entire workbook? Is there a hidden button somewhere during the process of setting up the merging? Your help is greatly appreciated. Tina Sjoblom Bring the workbook with you honey and I'll show you when I get home <bg> -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Tina Sjoblom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:483D84BE-A301-4375-A47E-DCBFCC2D43AD@microsoft.c...

Keyboard shortcut to open links
Hello, I was wondering if there's a keyboard shortcut to open up a link in Excel. I know that you can change the Edit Directly in cell property so that when you double click it opens the link but is there a method using the shortcut to do this? Thank you in advance ...

Outlook Express cannot open
Hello, My OE worked without a hitch a few hours ago. Now, when I try to open OE, the following message appears: "OE could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. OE may be installed incorrectly." Can anyone tell me what happened and how to fix the problem? Thank you Michelle Hi michelle, please read this article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;232480 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "michelle" <anonymous@discu...

Static Export to Excel has disappeared!
A have the opposit problem than the questions I found here. When I push the Export to Excel button on a grid, the Static Worksheet selection is not there. I have Redeployed my production environment to a development server using the redeployment tool and it works fine there. Any suggestions? Thanks in advanced, Costas ...

Invert Column and Row Headings
Is there any way possible that by selecting the whole worksheet, I can automatically make the row headings my column headings and vice versa without retyping? ...

Excell Newbie
I was struggling with a time sheet issue when I found this helpfu forum. I used advice from one post that told me to use this formula =D2-A2-(C2-B2). I'm using regular time, not military. The formul works just fine except that I need to get a daily total and a total fo the pay period. I used the sum function to get the total hours, but fo some reason, and I'm thinking it MUST be a formatting error, the tota becomes less as the days add up. What on earth am I doing wrong?? Thanks for any help. Vik -- Viki Mason Viki, I assume that you are running into the fact that when XL reache...

Splitting column into alternative numbers
I have a problem; I have in column A numbers 1 to 10 What i want to do is to split the column so that in alternative numbers appear in column B & C. example Column B Column C 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Simply saying B1=A1 & C1=A3 does not work as it does not flow down in the alternative manner. Thank you in advance DD One way: B1: =INDEX(A:A,(ROW()-1)*2+1) C1: =INDEX(A:A,ROW()*2) In article <4BAA262C-0585-4479-B969-ABEEB67DAA5D@microsof...

color formatting of partial text of a cell in excel in bulk
i want to make a cell with multicolor text......... how to do it in bulk(e.g as we do it in replace all) If the text displayed in the cell is the result of a formula in that cell, you cannot have more than one color. If your data is a pure text entry, you can have multi-colored text, but you will need to use a macro to do more than one cell at a time. If your cell entries are second condition (pure text), then give us more information about what you want to do. Rick "chetan" <nishuu.chetan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8c6b5711-0808-4f53-8462-94b08d180d91@z16g2000...

opening attachments #9
I am unable to open any attachments in outlook 2000. I get an error message saying that the file is not associated and i must go to my computer to pick a program to open the attachment. When i follow the instructions, i don't have the option to open any program. Could this be a memory problem? Any suggestions? ...

Report Manger in Excel 2003
Report Manager for Excel 2003 is not available on the Microsoft site. Will Report Manager for Excel 2002 (XP) work? TIA =Mac= Hi for me the Excel 2002 report manager works in Excel 2003. Though i've seen posts which indicated problems with that. Just try it :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mac wrote: > Report Manager for Excel 2003 is not available on the > Microsoft site. Will Report Manager for Excel 2002 (XP) > work? > > TIA > > =Mac= Mac Probably. Have you tried it? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 19 May 2004 07:00:43 -0700, "Mac&qu...

"Funcres.xla is already open" warning...
Good morning I receive the following message everytime I start the application: FUNCRES.XLA is already open. Reopening will cause any changes you made to be discarded. Do you want to reopen FUNCRES.XLA? Is easy click on "no" not to reopen it or yes to modify it... but is a little annoyance that I would like to fix and have it defaulted to "no". Is there any way to stop the message or make excel autoselect "no"???? HELP!!! Leo. I try this first (from Debra Dalgleish's site): http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen If that didn't help, ...

Row and Column Totals on a Report
I created a report with fields that I would like to have row totals and column totals. For Example: Date field1 field2 field3 xxxxx 7/1 1 5 8 14 7/2 4 10 2 16 5 15 10 30 Please Help. As a side question...how do I change my display name?????? I figured it out....Thanks "Summing multiple fields on a form" wrote: > I created a report with fields that I would like to have row totals and > column totals. For Example: > Date field1 field2 field3 xxxxx > 7/1 1 5...

Calling a Macro from multiple places in Excel sheet
I am using Excel 2003. I have a worksheet with multiple pictures in it. When any of the pictures are clicked, a macro is called. I cannot figure out how to determine which picture was clicked to call the macro. Any help would be appreciated. I apologize if this is a question from VBA101. I'm kinda slow. :) Hi, Parent.Caller will give the name of the picture that called the macro Mike "Robert Reid" wrote: > I am using Excel 2003. I have a worksheet with multiple pictures in it. When > any of the pictures are clicked, a macro is called. I cannot fi...