Where will I find Management Reports?

Can you tell me the best place to go for mangement reports for the
construction industry. Trading, Balance sheet and P & L.  I am using windows
xp. Thanks
0
spring (2)

spring wrote:
|| Can you tell me the best place to go for mangement reports for the
|| construction industry. Trading, Balance sheet and P & L.  I am using
|| windows xp. Thanks

If you have to ask this, do you know what you are doing with financial
reporting?

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

0
gordonbp11 (453)
3/19/2005 11:59:29 AM
If you need a formal balance sheet and P&L statement the business is
probably large enough to need an accountant or a tax preparer or some
such person(s).  They would be a good starting point.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <5858176C-9639-4A17-A13A-71972CEE4394@microsoft.com>,
spring@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Can you tell me the best place to go for mangement reports for the
> construction industry. Trading, Balance sheet and P & L.  I am using windows
> xp. Thanks

you could try going to the SEC web site and copying and pasting an existing
P&L into excel. though you would then need to create the formulas etc.

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

> If you need a formal balance sheet and P&L statement the business is
> probably large enough to need an accountant or a tax preparer or some
> such person(s).  They would be a good starting point.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Tushar Mehta
> www.tushar-mehta.com
> Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
> Custom MS Office productivity solutions
>
> In article <5858176C-9639-4A17-A13A-71972CEE4394@microsoft.com>,
> spring@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> > Can you tell me the best place to go for mangement reports for the
> > construction industry. Trading, Balance sheet and P & L.  I am using windows
> > xp. Thanks

0
Yasmin (12)

Creating a drop-ship invoice report in POP
Hello: I am attempting to create a drop-ship invoice report in POP. Where does GP pull the quantities received for any Purchasing Invoice Entry? Is it from the PO? Some other table? My report is using POP30300, POP30310, and POP30110. I'm able to get the list of drop-ship invoice line items, but they are sometimes duplicated. Once I remove the POP30110 table, the duplicates go away. I know this is something really obvious I am missing. Any assistance is appreciated. GP9 SP4. Thanks. -Joe There are no "quantities received" with drop-ship invoices, only...

Outlook will not start
Using Outlook 2002 When starting Outlook, the user receives the following error message: Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.4024.0 ModName: outlib.dll ModVer: 10.0.4219.0 Offset: 00037646 She logged onto another three W2K pc's with office XP but they are also giving the same error message. When logging onto a W2K PC with Office 97, this is okay. She last remembered clicking on a link in an email message before this started to happen. Any advise, would be much appreciated. ...

How to build an interface like File Manager?
Hi I'm beginner on MFC and want to build an interface like following: http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/ThumbsViewer.asp http://www.codeproject.com/vcpp/gdiplus/GdiPThumbnailsViewer.asp I try to modify first one to match my application but not good. When changing to thumbnail view, the performance is not good. I need the perfect preview performance like Windows File Manager using Thumb.db and support several file function- copy, move, paste, and so on. Does any professional enginner know how to do that? Or give me something help. Thanks a lot. ^.^ Hi, How about post your questions b...

Add lines or blanks to report
I am using a report to create a roster for attendees. The attendees are invited and loaded into the database prior to the course. The report has, in it's detail section, the following text boxes: 1. running sum 2. Attendee (control source: [qry_Attendees]![Attendee]) 3. Employee ID (control source: [qry_Attendees]![EE_ID]) 4. Signature (signed by attendee) The problem is that many times there are more attendees than were originally invited. How can I provide them space to sign the printed roster? I'd like to have the whole page filled with Attendee, EE_ID and Signature lines r...

publisher 2003 will not insert MS clipart
Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on running Setup to install converters, press F1. 1. Double-click My Computer. 2. On the View menu, click Options (or on the Tools menu, click Folder Options). 3. On the File Types tab, click WMF Windows Media File in the Registered File Types box, and then click Remove (or Delete). 4.When you are prompted to confirm the change, click Yes, and then click OK. 5.Double-click a WMF file in My Computer or Windows Explorer. When you are prompted for th...

will outlook 2000 work with windows xp pro?
subject line says it all. On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:36:20 GMT, "jojo" <cgv_2000*yourhat*@yahoo.com> wrote: >subject line says it all. I'm going to guess and say "Yes", because I once installed Word and Excel 2000 on XP. -- Steve M - unspam@houston.rrwax.com (remove wax for reply) "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear; not absence of fear." -- Mark Twain Yes indeed, it will - Note - best practices are to post a summary of your question in the subject line and details in the body of your message :-) jojo wrote: > su...

Budget, reports and categories (2005 Money Business)
Here is another item that is throwing me off today. It does not seem to affect anything, but I'd like to know why certain categories are showing up. When I'm adding a category to my budget I have these categories that I have never seen before (because they were Auto in a previous version): 1. Automobile 2. Automobile: Car Payment 3. Automobile: Gasoline 4. Automobile: Maintenance When I select categories for Spending by Category Report: 1. Automobile (Business) 2. Automobile (Business): Depreciation In the Categories section: 1. Automobile (Business) ...

maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report access 2007
I am a CIS student at Sinclair Community College in Ohio. Can't find a answer to this question. What is the maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report? On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:41:00 -0800, Robin C. <Robin C.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: There is no maximum. In reality you may be limited to some system resources. -Tom. >I am a CIS student at Sinclair Community College in Ohio. >Can't find a answer to this question. > >What is the maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report? ...

Advanced Find
Is there a spot where you can set the advanced find to only pull up the names of Active contacts? This is version 1.2. Thanks ...

Find Last Yaer's Value
I have a query having two columns. Date Sales 01/01/07 xxx 03/02/07 xxx Now I want to add one more column: Date Sales Sales(Before 364 days) 01/01/07 xxx yyy 03/02/07 xxx yyy How can I do this? JB Perhaps by using a subquery SELECT T.Date, T.Sales, (SELECT Sum(Sales) FROM TheTable as T2 WHERE T2.Date Between DateAdd("d",-364,T.Date) and T.Date) as OldSales FROM TheTable as T Or by using the DSUM function Field: DSum("Sales","TheTableName","Date between #" & DateAdd("d",-364,TheTableName.Dat...

Using excel to manage event
Hello! I am an event manager currently working to set up a system that can handle the planning process of a sporting event. Background: I am one of three people left in the run for an event director job for one of the largest soccer clubs in Scandinavia. I received the following task for next interview: Next week I have to present an efficient management system, that can systematize the processes of planning, coordinating and managing the club's sporting event (soccer match). There are generally 20.000 people visiting the game, and there 600 people (including volunteers) workin...

Need spanish spell checker and thesaurus but cannot find my office
Hello, I have office professional 2002. Now I have started to learn Spanish and would like to use the Spanish support in Office. However, I cannot find my CD. What to do? Do you have any ideas? What language is your Office version? North American English contains Spanish support. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Frank asked: | Hello, I have office professional 2002. Now I have st...

Problems connecting Data Migration Manager to CRM
Hi, I am having problems connecting to our CRM server via the data migration tool. I type http://crm/ into my browser and the site loads perfectly from the server. The same URL does not work in the migration tool however. It simply says that the tool cannot connect to the CRM server and that it may be down. I tried again this morning and got the following error message: "Client found response content type of 'image/gif' but expected 'text/html'. The request failed with the error message: -- GIF89a The CRM server is running on a virtual Server...

Stock Variance REport at HQ
Hi there, I do a 501 then a 190 but this doesnt give me enough detail to work out how far out a store is in $$. Can anyone assist? IB ...

Can't find spreadsheet
I opened an Excel spreadsheet that I sent to myself via Outlook. I periodically saved it after making changes. Now I can't find it the updated spreadsheet but the original one. Look for a folder named "OLKE" somewhere in Documents and Settings, probably something like C:\Documents and Settings\UserXXX\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKE With some luck, your file should be there. Nikos Y. (nyannaco at in dot gr) >-----Original Message----- >I opened an Excel spreadsheet that I sent to myself via Outlook. I periodically saved it after making changes. Now I ...

Multiple detail areas in one report
We are creating a database which uses several forms to input data into a Master_Data table. There are several categories for the data ex: Full Service Driver, Trade Driver, Misc Receipts, Misc Payouts. I need a report that breaks these categories out in detail like so: Cashier Driver# Driver Name Full Service Checks Full Service Currency Full Service Coin Subtotal Cashier Driver# Driver Name Trade Checks Trade Currency Trade Coin ...

Creating a macro to find duplicate names
I'm trying to locate all the duplicate names in a long list that I have. Is there a macro or something that I could use to tell Excel to do that? What I usually do is sort by name and then insert a temporary column and run a formula like this down it to mark the dups: =IF(B1=B2,"X","") -- Jim "Carter Devereaux" <CarterDevereaux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:452EE350-E2E4-4E24-A2B4-E7D483E85D4E@microsoft.com... | I'm trying to locate all the duplicate names in a long list that I have. Is | there a macro or something that I ...

Why no "disable" option in device manager?
I custimized an audio driver based on AC97 sample in WDK, but it does not expose "disable" in properties of my device in device manager. Is it because my driver missed anything, or how to make the option show up. Thanks -Gary Li a driver or ACPI can be indicating that the device is not disableable d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Gary Li" <garyli@verizon.net> wrote in message news:52F34F4D-26E0-4112-84E1-ED84205ED0DA@microsoft.com... > I custimized an audio driver based on AC97...

Crystal Reports 2008
Is it possible to pass parameters from .NET application to the dynamic SQL Command in the Crystal report based on the Ms Access 2008 database? If yes, how? If you are saying you have a source of data in an Access database (I'm not aware of a 2008 version of Access), and you want to get at .NET parameters, I'd think you'd get more help in one of the .NET newsgroups. Access doesn't care who looks at it's data, so the "how" in your situation may be more relevant to .NET or Crystal Reports. Good luck! Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP ...

Integration Manager 10 #5
I have a customer running IM 10.00.1134 w/GP 10.00.1061. When running a payables integration they get an error message on each transaction that says n error occurred. Contact your system administrator to verify data. It goes through each record and says no transaction integrated - howerver the batch does integrate. We have seen this with 2 customers on GP10. Is this a bug? ...

Rules: managing long contact list
I have a rule set up to recognize incoming emails from specific people (i.e., job recruiters I have an existing relationship with) and flag them for followup. It's working, but the "from" list has 16 names now, and it's getting awkward to add another name. Is there a better way to handle this? For example: I have contact records for these recruiters, tagged with a "jobhunt" category. Is it possible to recognize email from senders in a category? Or is there any other way to use a list of contacts external to the rule itself? Thanks... "...

Error when accessing HQ manager
my customer gets this error trying to access hq manager: Invalid object name '#Temp'. SELECT * FROM #Temp WHERE [Status] IN (0,1,2,3,4) I tried a solution provide in a KB article that addressed the problem for 1.2 and 1.3, but it did not seem to work for him. Please advise. I have that error too....but..I don't know if there are fix for that... the only thing working was .... type your user id and password....pause for 30 secs then press Enter. Good Luck "Retail Labs Tech" wrote: > my customer gets this error trying to access hq manager: > Invalid obje...

Advanced filtering in Excel to find records ending in xxx?
I checked the Help area and got lots of good information about using advanced filters in Excel. The question I still have is: How do you filter on a text field to find words ending in a letter or combination of letters? For example, I want a list of the records where a particular text field ends in the letters "en". I tried using "*en", but that also gives you words where the "en" appears in the middle of the word. try this in autofilter click custom equals *en this is wildcard find topmost cell must be column head. -------------- dtencza <dten...

Security & Reports
I did not mind the change from a list that could be selected from to your pre-fab for a company of 10,000 employees - Roles (sounds cool though - a buzz word these days?). However, since no reports actually print the report numbers listed in the create roles part of security, it is a real pain to try and put together things for companies that have employees that do multiple jobs. Printed reports, should reference the number assigned to them in the security section so that they can be identified. And, NO, the names do not match up either. ---------------- This post is a suggestion fo...

Need custom Report
Hi everyone ... I have this problem . I downloaded from somewhere a custom report xml. The thing is that when I have returns I am always short at the register. I tried detaild sales report, but It seems to me that it does not include sales taxes collected. Basicly I need a full report by registers and cashiers, including everything ... Like opening ammount was 200 , closing was 200 , and all the transactions total should be equal the total sales ammount in the report right ? So please help me with this little problem ... ...