Where has the data map tool gone to in Excel 2003?

Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel.
0
macray (1)

It's gone as of Exel 2002.
Here is MS's statement and a link to another program for map making.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346591033.aspx

tj

"macray" wrote:

> Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel.
0
tjtjjtjt (488)
3/5/2005 3:29:02 PM
If it still resides on the hard drive, you can use it from later Excel versions,
through the Insert Object dialog. But I think uninstallation is pretty good at
wiping it out. In my case, I have multiple versions of Excel installed on one
machine, so Excel 2003 uses the mapping routine that was installed by 2000.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

tjtjjtjt wrote:

> It's gone as of Exel 2002.
> Here is MS's statement and a link to another program for map making.
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346591033.aspx
>
> tj
>
> "macray" wrote:
>

>>Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel.

Macray

As has already been pointed out, if you can find it, it still works in later
versions however, for some time I have been using MapPoint which whilst a
cost add-on is far better than DataMap and worth the expense. It integrates
great with Excel and has far more mapping options and they look great in
presenting too.

You get the additional feature of AutoRoute journey planning too.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"macray" <macray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel.

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Excel not Access

MS Money 95 data files