where do office 2000 (including excel of course) service packs go

where do office 2000 (including excel of course) service
packs go. I don't know why they don't give you the option
of downloading and saving them before installing the
various program updates and service packs. This way
whenever I do a fresh reformat of my computer, i need to
spend hours getting all the updates again off of the
internet, where as if I could save thme, I would just have
to re-install. Any help would be appreciated
0
jvoortman (40)

Don't know about Office 2000......never used it, but Office Download center
offers you the choice of installing or saving to install file to disk.

I have Office XP SP2 and SP3 update files saved on my computer and on CD.

Try this URL.....all one line.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5C011C70-47D0-4306-9FA4-8E92D36332FE&displaylang=en

I just clicked download on Office 2000 SP3 and got the option to install or
save.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:41:33 -0700, "jvoortman" <jvoortman@canada.com> wrote:

>where do office 2000 (including excel of course) service
>packs go. I don't know why they don't give you the option
>of downloading and saving them before installing the
>various program updates and service packs. This way
>whenever I do a fresh reformat of my computer, i need to
>spend hours getting all the updates again off of the
>internet, where as if I could save thme, I would just have
>to re-install. Any help would be appreciated

0
Gord

Excel 2007 opens as a blank/gray screen
I have MS Windows XP, Prof Version 2002, sp3 and my problem is whenever I double click one of my Excel 2007 files, Excel opens as a blank/gray screen. I open many excel files each day and this is really frustrating. I've been looking around and searching for an answer online and I've found and tried two possible solutions: I clicked the Excel 2007 office button, Excel options, Advanced, and under General the box for 'ignore other aps' was unchecked - so that didn't work (I checked it and unchecked it again and no help). I also tried this: Start Run e...

Instant Search Pane Problem in Office 2007 Outlook
User on XP SP3 Recently updated user from Office 2003 to Office 2007. Once inside Outlook 2007, the User tries to do a Search of email from a certain user using the "Instant Search Pane" window and only receives Email from two days ago, nothing in the past, which indeed there is email from this "User" she is looking for. Tried REMOVING the Outlook Profile and creating it again and this did not work. Next Step was to Rename the Windows Profile Reboot device and Rebuild it again and this did not work. Had 3 different people log onto this system and the "Instant ...

Why when I go to sort does it automatically highlight from #1028?
I now have Microsoft 2003. When I go to data, then sort it always highlights from #1028 but I want to sort the whole chart. I can't manage to find the 'select all' button and surely I don't have to manually highlight the whole thing !! Ruth To quickly select the entire table, press Ctrl + * If the entire table isn't selected when you use this shortcut, perhaps there's a blank row somewhere in the table. Ruth wrote: > I now have Microsoft 2003. When I go to data, then sort it always highlights > from #1028 but I want to sort the whole chart. > > I ...

MS Outlook 2000 #3
On the outlook today screen, the customize outlook today button does not work at all. How do I fix this. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:4f1901c3e468$f7ac1ed0$a601280a@phx.gbl, danny wrote: > On the outlook today ...

Excel formula needed or how to
I have got a rota with E for Early, L for Late and N for Night. For one particular date, e.g. in C3 there is the date, and C4 to C8 ar the various E , L and N. Now on the other side I want see who is actually working E, L or N at quick glance and requires a formula to convert the E to the nam allocated to that person and can it be done in such a way to omit th person who is not doing the E from the column of names and avoid an blank rows. Attached is a brief example but there is about 35 staff on that. 4/7/04 5/7/04 6/7/04 John EL EL EL Paul L O L Charlie N N O Jennife O L N Charlene EL ...

Excel formula calculating between #'s
I am working on a bonus chart and this is what I am trying to do: If an employee keeps his register balances between -$10.00 thr +$10.00, they recieve 100 points. If they are out of that range the get 0 points. I have tried playing with "IF" formulas until I am blu in the face. Please help Thanks Mike Manic -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mike try something like =IF(AND(A1>=-10,A1<=10),100,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "manickmj >" <<manickmj.15ftz3@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:manickmj.1...

Outlook 2000; email display isssues
Very strange issue! Have 2 computers with same problem; when they click on a previously read email, their new email shows up. New email does not get received when clicking the Send/Receive button or as it normally should from the Exchange server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jennie McLean <jennifer.mclean@krause.com> wrote: > Have 2 computers with same problem; when they click on a previously > read email, their new email shows up. > > New email does not get received when clicking the Send/Receive button > or as it normally should from the Exchange server...

SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 inplace upgrade
Hi, I saw the "Upgrading Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 to Use a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database" white paper which discusses 2 scenarios...mine is even simpler...I have CRM, SQL and Reporting services all on the same Box... Has anybody run into any issues running an inplace upgrade for the SQL server 2000 & reporting services? I think it shouldnt cause any issues...but it would be nice if some body could share the experience... "S" wrote: > Hi, > > I saw the "Upgrading Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 to Use a Microsoft SQL > Server 2005 Databas...

Excel and outlook #5
excellent, thank -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26678 ...

Export to specific cells in Excel template from ACCESS
I am planning to export my access table to an excel template R19 to R50 and C1: C8. Is there a way to do this using VBA? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 I am no expert but dealing with current problem very similar and this link to article written by Doug Steele may be just the answer you are looking for. http://www.accessmvp.com/DJSteele/SmartAccess.html July 2005: Excelling automatically. This will download zip file explain sample db that shows code for multiple ways to intera...

Print copied Excel document including gridlines in Word?
Grid lines copied into WORD 2007 from an EXCEL 2007 document won't print. Can anyone help? "Gridlines" in Word tables (which is what you get if you just paste data from Excel) do not print. If you want printable lines, you have to apply borders; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Gridlines.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "captmarv" <captmarv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D76D5B1-059D-43BA-90C6-6C99340B648E@microsoft.com... > Grid lines co...

Excel files via FTP are read-only if spaces in the name
If I open a spreadsheet from an FTP site, and the spreadsheet has a space in the name, then Excel will always open the file as read-only. If I rename the file to exclude the space in the name, then Excel will open it and allow me to save any changes to the file. Any ideas what's happening? How can I open a file named "My Spreadsheet.xls" directly from an FTP site? Is this a known bug or a feature? Here are a few of the details: I'm using Excel 2002 (10.6501.6714) SP3 and the FTP site is using authenticated login, not anonymous. It's an IIS FTP server on Windows 2000. Th...

Translate excel formulae
Does anyone know if there exists a 'document' showing translation of excel formulae from English to French (e.g. =counta is =NBVAL)? -- Helen (English, but living in France) KeepItCool has a translator utility at: http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool/download.html Helen wrote: > > Does anyone know if there exists a 'document' showing translation of excel > formulae from English to French (e.g. =counta is =NBVAL)? > -- > Helen > (English, but living in France) -- Dave Peterson Thanks Dave, although I can't open their download without deactivating th...

Want Users Cursor To Always Go To Beginning Of Field
How can I ensure that when a user is navigating the fields in a form I created, and not simply hitting tab or enter, that their cursor will always go to the very beginning (far left) in a field? if they are using the mouse to click in a text box and you want to ensure the cursor starts at the beginning, then put this code in the On Click event of the text box: Me.Text0.SelStart = 0 ...

Can I uninstall office xp if I have installed office 2007?
I am getting updates from office xp that are cluttering my disc space, but I use office 2007. Can I uninstall these updates or are they needed by 2007 also? If you still have officexp installed, uninstall it "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83D189CF-EC33-4D49-B7CE-760EF1AB34E5@microsoft.com... >I am getting updates from office xp that are cluttering my disc space, but >I > use office 2007. Can I uninstall these updates or are they needed by 2007 > also? ...

Outlook 2000 Multiple Profiles #2
I set Outlook 2000 to prompt for profile (Corporate Workgroup option) as described in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 197272. Unfortunately, it does not consistently prompt. If I click on Tools>Services, the different profiles do not show up nor does the "show profiles" button. How do I fix this? Jeff Did Outlook completely close from the earlier session or is there still an outlook.exe process running (or mapi32.exe running for Outlook 2000)? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest v...

"temporary" menu item in Excel
Hello, In the Microsft-VB Help file is described how to add a "temporary" men item to a menu bar. However, the menu item does not disappear unti Excel is closed whereas I want to get rid of it when closing th workbook. Can anybody tell me how to achieve this? Thanks in advance -- Dutch7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Dutch76's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m82 View this thread: http://www.hightechtalks.com/t234476 You can use the workbook_beforeclose event to delete the menu item. Dutch76 wrote: > > Hello, > >...

Xfr excel data from Office 97 to Office XP
I have been working on an excel document, that I often carry home with me and use on my laptop. The file was created in Excel XP and my laptop runs excel version office 97. Using the file on both computers worked great until recently. The file is now 600KB and will no longer open on my laptop at home with the office 97 software. It works great at work only on the excel XP. I do not understand why all of a sudden I can no longer access this file at home. I could really use some help, does anybody have any ideas? ...

e-mail address converted to include single quotes
Occasionally when sending a new email or replying to an email the address is changed upon sending to include single quotes, ie. username@userdomain.com changes to 'username@userdomain.com'. When this happens the email is kicked back as undeliverable. here is what the kickback looks like, I had to substitute username into the actual email addresses. -----Original Message----- From: MAILER-DAEMON@vbbn.com [mailto:MAILER- DAEMON@vbbn.com] Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 9:16 AM To: username@pesenv.com Subject: Undeliverable mail: Document Delivery to 369 Pine Failed to deliver to ...

Retrieval data from MS 2000 outlook public folder
Dear Helpers, I am using MS 2000 outlook. My company stores all the products and service guidelines in the public folder located at outlook. Every week there are updates of products and service guidelines where I need to check for those guidelines to support the sales teams and back office. The structure is as follows: +Public Folder +Products Folder +Product 100 +Product 101 +Product 102……. +Services Folder +Service 100 +Service 101 +Service 102…… Each product or service is made into a new subfolder and there further subfolders when ...

Filtering Excel Data
Hi, I have just downloaded an excel file, which contains lottery number and the date they were drawn. I want to try and search the excel spreadsheet to see if my lotter numbers have ever come up before, but am unsure on how to go abou doing this. The data is in the form: Column A: Draw Date Column B: Ball 1 Column C: Ball 2 Column D: Ball 3 Column E: Ball 4 Column F: Ball 5 Column G: Ball 5 Column H: Bonus Ball Column I: Ball Set Column J: Machine It is only the draw date, main ball numbers and the bonus ball that i important. Can anyone help? TIA, Mik -- Message posted from http:/...

Microsoft Office 12
I downloaded the trial version for 30 days however, I can install the office 12 due to what I believe the error code 646 when I am trying to install updates on my system. This is becoming an issue becayse each month I am experiencing problems with installation of updates. Sonya wrote: > I downloaded the trial version for 30 days however, I can install > the office 12 due to what I believe the error code 646 when I am > trying to install updates on my system. This is becoming an issue > becayse each month I am experiencing problems with installation of > updates. ...

Exchange 2000 address books permissions problem
I have several exchange address books in all address books and global address books. My problem is thus - I want to hide certain address books from all users of a particular domain ie the Global Address Book from Doma in 1 users. I have tried denying to domain 1\ users as well as denying from domain 1\securitygroup - where the security group contains those users. I have also blocked inheritance on the test address book I wish to hide - Any ideas ???? ...

Manipulating an Excel 2002 file from VB6
Hello, I have developed a VB6 application that parses and breaks up a large Excel spreadsheet into many smal spreadsheets by keying on data in a particular column. It was developed and tested on a machine with Excel 2000, and it works well. However, since I wrote it the client's computers have all been updated to Office XP, and I am concerned about compatibility. I am using early binding and distributing the EXCEL9.OLB library file, putting it in the application folder, and so far the user have not had any problems after the Excel upgrade. Have any one run into a problem with a similar...

Hyperlink with a bookmark does not work in Office 2007
I have searched everywhere I could and cannot find a solution. Need to link to a document and bookmark. The document opens, but not at the bookmark (Word opens at the beginning, Excel opens on the tab where last saved). I use the format of Document.doc#Bookmark or Spreadsheet#NamedRange. Has anyone found a solution? -- Thanks, Andy ...