Where can I find a 'Goal Setting" template?

I am looking for a template which I can use for 'goal setting'.  There are
programs out there selling for $100. or more.  Is there one available on
excel?

Have you tried Excel's Goal Seek, or for more complex solutions, Solver?
Both are in the Tools Menu.

Peter

"msdixipeach" wrote:

> I am looking for a template which I can use for 'goal setting'.  There are
> programs out there selling for $100. or more.  Is there one available on
> excel?

Can outlook have two completely seperate users from same computer?
In Outlook I would like to have to completely seperate users so that each cannot access the others account information and also so that emails sent to my account cannot be opened through her account.... almost I guess as i had two different outlooks on my computer thank you In news:7A4A32AD-E398-4945-BA92-6B9D53F1ADD1@microsoft.com, Hayley <Hayley@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > In Outlook I would like to have to completely seperate users so that > each cannot access the others account information and also so that > emails sent to my account cannot be opened through he...

users can delete public folder calendar entries without permission
why would a user be able to delete a calender entry in exchange 2003 (Active Directory) public folder with permissions on that folder set to none in the delete section? any help would be greatly appreciated. shrp On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:23:15 -0700 (PDT), shrpshtr <shrpshtr@gmail.com> wrote: >why would a user be able to delete a calender entry in exchange 2003 >(Active Directory) public folder with permissions on that folder set >to none in the delete section? any help would be greatly appreciated. The short answer is that they wouldn't be able to do that. ...

Can i see my archive emails in the same folders as they were befor
I don't want to see my emails in a separate location. I want to be able to archive my emails but still be displayed [with a different color tint perhaps, indication that they are archived] in the same location. Imagine that I have the following structure: Customers -> Germany -->DHL -->ZDF -> France -->France Telecom -->Canal+ If i am looking for an email i don't want to look in two locations. [current and archive folder]. Is it possible ? "Johnny" <Johnny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:644549CE-D381-4331-...

Font set for reading plain text
I've set Courier as the font to read and compose plain text message. However, I don't have idea why my Outlook showed with Arial rather than Courier. The message was from Yahoo account. It seems no difference where messages came from. Can Outlook show plain text message with the font that I set? Thanks, Charles OL2003 SP2 on XP Pro SP2 ...

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3
In a1:a10 enter numbers such as 1,2,3.... In b1 type =a1^2+3 copy this down to B10 select a1:b10; click chart wizard; select XY chart done now play with values in A to get what you need best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72AB641-F882-4DAD-B0C3-322297A124FC@microsoft.com... > ...

Can't give access to new Test Company on GP10
I created an additional company on GP10 which I called TEST. Through SQL Server, I restored a backup file of our production database to test. Then I went into GP > User Access Setup, and tried to assign access to the TEST company to users, but it would not allow it. The message read, "The user could not be added to one or more databases." I created the new company as sa, and sa does have access to the TEST company. I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks! Have you tried going into SQL server and removing all the permissions from the Test database before going into...

How do I set up a half fold greeting card in Publisher?
I prefer to make by greeting cards and some other publications on a half fold card format. I have Publisher 2003 and have only been able to find quarter fold templates or samples both in the program and online. Does anyone have a template for a half fold card or know where I can get one for Publisher? I tried using the tent card template, but it is just too awkward to work looking at it sideways and figuring out the right way to make it print. Since the half fold greeting card format is available in much less sophisticated programs like PrintMaster, I assume it must be available so...

Setting Combobox Values
I have come across a strange error. I have a userform set up with 5 comboboxes. Each box has its item populated when you load the form based on the contents of a range on worksheet. I use the following code to update the combobox (ctl is th combobox to be populated): Dim i As Integer 'loop counter ctl.Clear PopulateReviewerList fileList With Worksheets("Reviewer Data") For i = 1 To ArrayMethods.Size(fileList) - 1 ctl.AddItem .Cells(fileList(i), 2).Value & " - " .Cells(fileList(i), 3).Value Next i End With Once the form is loaded, a second function sets the ...

How can a set an alarm in Excel?
I don't know if this is possible, but I figured I would ask: I have a spreadsheet that I work with that shows the schedules of my students; each different place my student goes has its own row, so a student may have many rows if they have many activities. currently, i auto filter the day column to the current day so i can see what students have activities on that day, and when/where they are. i was wondering if i could set an alarm on the column labeled 'start time' that would pop a window up when any value in that cell matched the system time... is this possible?? thanks, -...

how to find which button in a group is checked...
Hi, I have a group of radio buttons (ID_R1, ID_R2, ..etc). I want to know which button is checked. This can be done easily if there is a dialog integer member variable associated with ID_R1 set in the dialog function DoDataExchange(). But could someone show me how to simplify the other often used approach to achieve the same purpose shown below? CButton *p = (CButton*) pDlg->GetDlgItem(IDC_R1); if (p->GetCheck() != 1) { // check through all the buttons p = (CButton*) pDlg->GetDlgItem(IDC_R2); if (p->GetCheck() != 1) { } ... }...

Error can't Find File
Hi, I have a macro that opens a file and pulls any outstanding tasks from the previous day. I have a problem when it is a new month because the previous month's file is called MyFileMarch2010. The macro now looks for MyFileApril2010. How do I capture the error and look for the previous month's file if it is the first business day of the month? Any help or suggestions is appreciated. -- Thank you Dave As ALWAYS, post YOUR code for comments if day(date)=1 then do this else do that end if -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguill...

How do i set up a budget with self totalling column
I have made a basic budget with columns Date, Money in, Money out, Balance what I want to know is if there is a way for me to put a formula in the Balance column which will recognise if there is a number in the in r out column and if it is in the IN to add it to te previous balance and if it is in the OUT to minus it from the previus balance Thanks I hope someone can help Kristie I also have a buget with the same basic column as you do. Here is what you need to do. At the very top of the balance column, put a BAL FORWARD. This amount can be zero, but can also be equal to the last bala...

Attaching existing templates
Please could someone explain to me how existing templates for invoices and quotes could be atttached or used in CRM? I know that there is someway that this can be achieved but I am unsure how? Thanks Mark Braithwaite ...

Why does Outlook display text in yellow? How can i change it?
When pasting text into an e-mail, it appears in pale yellow. Sometimes, parts of meesages from others are also yellow. How can I prevent this? Are you using stationery by any chance? -- Kathleen Orland "Wise Dog" <Wise Dog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D2FBAF7-2B2B-4C66-AE33-B2CA5A51B821@microsoft.com... > When pasting text into an e-mail, it appears in pale yellow. Sometimes, > parts of meesages from others are also yellow. How can I prevent this? ...

Can't paste text to a document because of macros
When I open a document in Word 07, and try to copy text to it it, I get a message that macros are disabled and to go to help for instructions. Instructions say to close the doc. and reopen with macros enabled. BUT it doesn't say HOW to do that. And, why is this happening all of a sudden and everytime I open a doc.? If this happens with all documents in Word, it's probably being caused by poorly designed code in an add-in (or in the Normal template). Did you install something recently? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "leslie7" <leslie7@discus...

Can you offer a solution
I need to use an emailed form that can be populated and then the inf extracted into a particular format on one overall .csv file. Can macro type add in be used for the extraction?Any input as to the bes and easiest method of doing this would. be great. Sorry I am new a this. many thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

OWA can be use and sometimes could not
Hi to proffesionals I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA partly time. Why does this happen? Regards, B.Majidi In news:u2YBFh8NHHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, Babak Majidi <b_majidi@yahoo.co.uk> typed: > Hi to proffesionals > I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. > Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA > partly time. > Why does this happen? > > Regards, > B.Majidi It's impossible to say with so little information - you h...

Runtime error 429: Activex Component Can't create object
Dear helpers, Kindly guide me to resolve my vista related problem. I am running .exe file on Vista ultimate but it giving run time error "429: Activex Component Can't create object". The exe file works well on XP. May be it's a scripting error .... kindly advise what to do ro resolve it. Regards, Hina Naz -- Hina Naz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hina Naz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226902.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1342465.htm http://forums.techarena.i...

how can i hide my dialog when the dialog initilizes
i want to hide my dialog when the dialog initilizes.i add this line in the function Mydialog::InitDialog() ,ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) but it cause a exceptaion.what should i do thanks I have found a way . Like this: if (m_bFlg) { ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); m_bFlg = false; } add it into OnPaint(). May be there someother way, let's find it. "cyperus" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5FCB642-9078-441A-AF18-53091688E8FA@microsoft.com... > i want to hide my dialog when the dialog initilizes.i add this line in the function Mydialog::InitDialog(...

Can I Stop Users Attaching Files
Hi all Users are circumventing our documentation control by attaching drawing image files to emails. These files are in a folder to which they have only read-only access. Is it possible to stop users attaching the contents of certain folders or certain file types to emails? TIA Phil Sorry, forgot the important stuff in my frustration: Win2003 Server Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 clients Standard MS client server active directory controlled network Phil most AV solutions have the ability to block sending/receiving of certain file types... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "TheScullster...

how can i copy formula?
hi, please help! my problem was i create a formula that gets the total sum from another workbook. i want to copy the formula and past to another cell but the only thing must change is the name of the workbook. example. i want to paste the formula of A1 to B1 and so on which autoamtically link to another workbook. Workbook1. sheet1 A1=sum of workbook2 B1=sum of workbook3 C1=sum of workbook4 Hi Into A1 enter the formula like ="_=SUM('C:\My Documents\[Workbook" & COLUMN()+1 & ".xls]Sheet1'!A1:A100)" Copy the formula to right. Select all formulas, copy ...

can you add a day counter for a colum and row
trying to add a day counter so I can see how long an item has been in stock. It would need to be able to use 1 coloum and each row in that colum. Hi Depends how you have your data set up, but assuming date into stock is column A =IF(A1="","",TODAY()-A1) Format>Cell>Number>General Copy down as required -- Regards Roger Govier "poohgld" <poohgld@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31454DD6-A5C5-40E3-A0E8-9F3827E73551@microsoft.com... > trying to add a day counter so I can see how long an item has been in > stock. > It wo...

how can I clear an apostrophy in front of number in excel
I know how to change formats - however I have a formatted cell for a 100 + rows that appear to have an apostrophy as a lead. While I don't see it, I am concluding that because changing formats to general or text is not removing the green box in corner and is not allowing me to do a vlookup using this column of info. try copying an unused empty cell. Select your data & edit/paste special, click Values & Add. "KCESS" <KCESS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7DF4106-9C51-4FEF-9C9A-A4E95BB1FBE8@microsoft.com... > I know how to change formats - h...

can't change the data type or field size
I am creating/editing updating fields in table design. I am trying to change the field size of the first field. But getting message.. 'You can't change the data type or field size of this field, it is part of on or more relationships. I deleted the relationship and still get the message. Can I screw anything up if I delete any other relationships. Or does access re-connect all relationships on demand. Thanks for any replies. On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 17:12:01 -0800, Steve Stad <SteveStad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am creating/editing updating field...

template class operator friend functions
This is a MIME message --=_Turnpike_LdoN4xAq3LZ$MyPn= Content-Type: text/plain;charset=us-ascii;format=flowed Hello, I am still having problems with operator friend functions in class templates and I have created a small code fragment to demonstrate the problem. You can either just read it or better still add it to your existing MFC project and compile it and have a look at the errors for yourself. With the first template (which has only one 'class' parameter) there are no problems. But with the second template (which has an additional 'int' parameter) the code genera...