Where are macros stored?

Specifically, where are Macros stored? Is it in my C
drive?I've created some Macros, chosen them to be stored
in Personal macro workbook instead of the other choices,
and they are now arbitrarily stored in Personal.xls.
Is

Macros are stored in workbooks.

The next question is "where are workbooks stored?"

If you record a macro, you're given the option of what workbook to record into.
If you choose personal.xls, they'll go there.

If you choose, thisworkbook or new workbook, they'll go there.

(I always record a macro into a test workbook.  Then I can tweak it as much as I
want with no concern for damaging my personal.xl* file.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

"Denise" <denise@vrjohnson.com> wrote in message
> Specifically, where are Macros stored? Is it in my C
> drive?I've created some Macros, chosen them to be stored
> in Personal macro workbook instead of the other choices,
> and they are now arbitrarily stored in Personal.xls.
> Is

0
Don

Store.exe takes 95% of Physical RAM
Hi All, I have got Windows server 2000 SP4 with Exchange 2000 SP3, and recently installed Post sp3 Rollup for exchange. I have got 1.0 GB of RAM and store.exe takes 800 Mb of RAM, and it never releases it unless I reboot the server. DBA in Exchange is supposed to release some Memory when needed , but it never happens. I have got this problem with 4 Servers in different locations Can some one please help me on how to reduce the amount of memory store.exe takes.. Thanks. -- M.B "M.B" <MB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BE19B22-2C21-4D7E-8EDC-52D71...

Please help me with this customer 2 stores 1 in Usa and other outside
My customer has 2 stores 1 in USA and other in latin america he sale the same products but in latin america he use differnt tax rate and differnt currency and also the cost is more expensive becouse freight and dutties also in latin america the pos must run in spanish, the old rms support spanish but new version 1.3 not. ...

Macro Protection
Morning, I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. i'm on a unix box emulating Win NT Now here is the problem, I use several Excel spreadsheets that have macros on them (created them just to make my life easier) and every single day i have to go through the same process of opening the spreadsheet, changing the settings, then closing it and re-opening it to reset the macros that i use. Now apart doing the usual, going into the spreadsheet, turning off the protection and then using the sheet as normal is there another way of permanently turning this off so i don&...

Macro & Protected sheet
Hello everyone I have a sheet which is protected so that cells cannot be changed and formulas are hidden which works well. However I also have a macro on this sheet which I still want people to be able to use. (see below) I have seen some answers already but seem to be doing something wrong - what do I need to add to the below to have the macro only run but keep the actual cells locked/protected? Many thanks Sub Sort() ' ' Sort Macro ' Macro recorded 17/03/2010 by Lisa Senior ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+o ' Columns("A:A").Select ...

macros #13
Hi everyone, I am new to excel VB and macros..I need help with creation of a macr or macro's I have a few problems, the first of them is that my spreadsheet get its data from an external source (set to automatically refresh o open), I had managed to create a macro that populates my vlookup columns, that seems to run fine as long as it doesn't go over certai amount of lines(12,500), What I would really like is for it to jus populate down to the bottom of the data (which varies from day to day is there a command such as autofill, at the moment the macro remember how many lines I popu...

Macros #36
I tried recording a macro that inserts a row above the selected cell and then puts the word count in the cell above the selected cell. I want it to happen to whichever cell I select but when I run it, it always goes back and does it to the cell that I originally recorded it on. Im sure it is just something I am doing, but could some one help out??? CHris I got this when I recorded a macro: Christopher Anderson wrote: > > I tried recording a macro that inserts a row above the selected cell and then > puts the word count in the cell above the selected cell. I want it to happ...

Administrator
We need a Store Profile Manager in SO Administrator to quickly and eaisly switch from store to store. We have several clients who own multiple wineries and manage the database remotely. This sounds like a Headquarters solution but Headquarters will not work for them as they all sell completely different products, have different Merchant accounts and even do business very differently. For the people at the main office who need to run reports, create new items, modify prices or perform daily database functions. Switching between sites requires modifying the Administrator Configuration...

Cannot delete a macro
I have inherited an old workbook that has a macro that no longer works. I believe that it was intended to open other linked workbooks. I want to delete the macro, but in the macro dialog window, I am unable to. The delete button is unavailable. If I try to run it, edit it, step into it, I get the message "Reference is not valid." How can I delete this macro? View the code of the book. Find the macro and select the code. Delete the appropriate code. "Jeff B" wrote: > I have inherited an old workbook that has a macro that no longer works. I > believe t...

Moved Entourage mailbox across stores, now data is in the edb not stm
We have the problem where after we have moved a load of Entourage mailxes to a different store, the data has been from the .stm database into the .edb. Then, when the clients open Entourage in the morning it kills Exchange trying to convert from MAPI to MIME. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329067 Does anyone know if there's a decent fix/workaround for this yet? I'm going to move all of the Mac mailboxes on to their own store tonight. When you do a move mailbox, all items are fully promoted to the edb. As the user access items content conversion will take place and the size of ...

information store does nto start : MSExchangeIS (3196) -255 error
Dear All, We had a power cut and our exchange server 5.5 has been affected. Since then we cannot start the IS service. We have an error saying MSExchangeIS (3196) -255 in the event viewer under ESE97. I tried to rename the pub.edb and restart the service but this did not help. It has not even recreated the pub.edb. I wondered before doing a restore of the information store database if we could do something else. Thanks for your precious input on this. Regards Olivier ...

Mounting pub1.edb in another information store to retreive a public folder
Hello all, I've got a client who mysteriously "lost" a public folder. Everything else about exchange is just fine but my bet is someone deleted the public folder by accident and either didn't know it or won't fess up to it. Regardless, I've got a pub1.edb and .stm and just need to get that one folder out and back into the real public folder store. So far I've been able to create another folder store, dismount its database, replace its .edb and .stm with mine, run some eseutil commands from a kb to make everything happy and then remount the store. I can now s...

Formula and macro
I'm creating a macro that will import a text file, then insert a column and then insert a formula in that new column. I only want the formul inserted in only the rows that have data in column a,b,c. Problem i that the import file will vary in sizes. One time it migh have 10, th another time it might have 100. I can't just do regular copy, becaus I'm also inserting subtotals (with summary at bottom) and the summarr appears below the last copied cell. SO if I was to copy the formul down to row 100, but there is only 10 rows of data in my import file the summary would appear 90 ro...

macro to insert rows between sets of records
I have data that looks like this: name class title joe class1 assistant mary class1 assistant zelda class1 assistant al class1 professor ben class1 professor cleo class1 professor dan class1 professor alice class2 student barb class2 student claire class2 student ...and so on the spreadsheet goes. What I want to do is create a macr that will insert 2 blank lines between each 'title' group and insert line above the groupings with the title on it.. so that the resultin spread sheet looks like: name class title assistant joe class1 as...

Macro to find, replace.
I extract a list into a .txt file and then open in excel.The list contents are from a dynamic source, but contain certain text items that are constant. I want to be able to prompt for the word and then find the next instance of that word in Row D, then navigate three cells left and one cell down and then paste a formula. I need to loop through this until the end of instances of the given word in column D. Currently I have got as far as follows: - Range("A1").Select Cells.Find(What:="directory", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, _ LookAt:=xlPart, Searc...

Select Cells Macro
I don't like to take my hands off the keyboard, even to reach for the cursor pad. So I have four macros: Up, Down, Right, and Left assigned to Ctrl-k, Ctrl-i, Ctrl-l, and Ctrl-j. I'd like to be able to select cells the same way, the equivalent of Shift-Up, Shift-Down, Shift-Right, and Shift-Left. When I record a macro to do Shift-Right for example, and assign it to Ctrl-Shift-l, all it will do is select one cell to the right plus the initial cell. I want it to continue to select to the right if I press Ctrl-Shift-l again: Sub SelRight() ' ' SelRight Macro '...

Macro Help 03-15-10
I am very new to Macro's but am hoping you can simplify your response I have a sheet that contains certain data types in specific columns For example Column A = Date B= Name C=Description D=Cheque# E= Account # (Debits) F = Debit amount G = Account # (Credits) H= Credit Amount I need to write a Marco that will look at this source sheet row by row and transfer the information to a different sheet with predefined columns Results Sheet Column D = Account# (from Columns E and G above) Column E = Amount (from columns F and H above (Note: Debits are positive, bu...

How to use comma separated inputs in macro
Hello I have strange requirement. I have a column with hundreds of entries in it. There is one other columns associated eith it. For an example consider that following are the entries in column A and B Column A Column B PI03590 bar ZT05693 % PIC098734 N TT09823 C Now I have to provide one userform input box to user. The user will enter entries separated by comma (or any other character). I have to filter entres in column B as per these input...

Information store #8
If I restore information dtore from my backup tape will it retore all the mail boxes? and their emails. Yes it will restore all mailboxes at the time of backup. If you need individual emails or mailboxes use the Recovery Storage Group. Nue "ngwa83" <ngwa83@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2856FCF-8405-47B2-BF56-DD0461848070@microsoft.com... > If I restore information dtore from my backup tape will it retore all the > mail boxes? and their emails. ...

storing emails in personal vs. archive folder?
Pros and Cons of storing email in personal folders vs. archive folders? They are both Personal Folders, one is simply named Archive (By default) And depending on version of Outllook there maybe size limitations to the Personal Folders, which also would apply to any Archive "david" <david@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF7AEAEF-7BCA-4D9A-A479-A7847EDCF1AE@microsoft.com... > Pros and Cons of storing email in personal folders vs. archive folders? "david" <david@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF7AEAEF-7BCA-4D9A-A479-A7...

Outlook 2007 Iris MapiMessage Store / Plus program comparison.
My office has loaded Beta 2007 with Outlook and the Business Contact Manager as well as Accounting 2006 onto 5 computers for varoius personnel to asses. This was after we downloaded it at my home and it worked great. However, at my office it has been random at best and with 2 computers it has been like watching a train wreak and we were forced to wipe drives just to get it off and reinstall our original software. However, we love the potental and it smokes the competition (we think) so we are going to push on, nowing we are using Beta programs so I know there are going to be problems....

Macro on Quick Access
I have been successful dozens of times by adding macros to my Quick Access Toolbar. This time, however, I'm having a problem. The macro I created ("convert") is a merging of two other macros ("convertinstructions" and "convertbenchbook"). I deleted the previous icon from the toolbar and added the new "convert" macro icon. When I clicked on it, a message box came up with the words "Microsoft Visual Basic" at the top and just a red circle with a white X in the middle, with two options to click "OK" and "Help&quo...

Launch Macro
Excel 2000... Hi, I'm trying to get a VBA macro to launch when I double click on a worksheet icon somewhere on my desktop. This macro should launch no matter what workbook I open... The macro does or does not have to launch if I open a workbook from within excel. Is an ADD-in the only way to go? Also, I have quite a bit of experience with add-ins for MS Project (2000/2002) but the only thing that seems to be the same between project and excel add-ins is the company name - am I confused? Thanks, Mark Do you mean you want a macro to start when ever you start excel? Or do you mean yo...

Macro to update charts without editing source data manually
Is there a macro I can create that will update a chart automaticall when I add extra data, without having to reselect the new range of th source data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Jon Peltier has instructions for creating dynamic charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html sray < wrote: > Is there a macro I can create that will update a chart automatically > when I add extra data, without having to reselect the new range of the > source data? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Transferring Macros
I was wondering if there was an easy way to transfer a bunch of macros to 5 other computers? Any help would be great, thanks! Hi Mike Save a file with the macro's as a Add-in and distribute that one http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;156942&Product=xlw How to Create an Add-in File in Microsoft Excel 97 Or import the module's (or copy the macro's) in the personal.xls file on each machine -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:aace01c47963$57d3d480$a401280a@p...

Macro to print to PDF
How do I get a macro to stop for input from the user ? I want the user to be able to click on a button, to print a soreadsheet to a pdf file (using PDF995). The macro must stop for the user to enter the file name, and then continue. Thanks, Rob Lepper Sat, 14 Apr 2007 20:09:54 +1000 from OM <OM@youknowwhere.com>: > How do I get a macro to stop for input from the user ? I want the user to be > able to click on a button, to print a soreadsheet to a pdf file (using > PDF995). The macro must stop for the user to enter the file name, and then > continue. Look in VBA he...