when inserting a hyperlink the view is shortened with ././ at the beginning

when inserting a hyperink, the view is shortened at the beginning of th
path with ../../ and it can not be opened by another user. th
hyperlinks are to copies of email from a folder on a deskto

viewing two worksheets at once
Is it possible to view two different worksheets at the same time? Especially, how to do this if both are in the same workbook? I would like to compare related entries in two different worksheets, to update the one from the other. (The worksheets have different structures.) Menu windows>new window and then arrange and select to your liking -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:077c01c3af05$db8d3e70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to view two different worksheets at the > same time? Especially, how to...

Zoom in Report view
I have created a report that has a lot of stuff on it that I need to print out on a 8.5 x 11 paper, but on the screen I have to use such a small font that it is hard to read in Report View. It is ok in print preview because i can zoom in and magify the view in that mode, but I haven't been able to find any way to magnify the report view. Is there a way to do this (zoom in) in the report view? In a quick test, I can't see how to do this either. You can add the zoom button to the Quick Access Toolbar, but it's grayed out in Report view. You can add a command button to a rep...

Auto Insert Services Rendered into GP from SQL DB
We have a seperate SQL Server database where timesheets or items of work are captured when performed by someone in our organization. Currently a report is run against the SQL database and then someone manually enters in the transaction into GP. We want to automate this. Is there some program that mimics the manual entry whereby I can export the data from the SQL DB? ...

Setting for Calendar month view
I want Outlook's "Month View" to open with the top row showing last week, the second row showing the current week, and so on. Currently I: Swithc to Calendar {PgDn} {PgDn} {Today} {Up} {Dn} But there has to be a better way. Thanks Robert That is not possible with current versions of outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLET...

Capturing the Screen without Document View
Does anyone have any good links or code snippets to capture the screen is MSVC++ 6.0 This should get you started: http://www.codeproject.com/gdi/barry_s_screen_capture.asp ------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

How do I view & manage System Cleanup Folder?
Is the System Cleanup Folder a client-based, server-based entity, or something that may be accessed from both sides? Further, how do I get access to it via either Outlook or ESM? We're using Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2003. Thanks. You should be able to view it via the folder hierarchy in Outlook. On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:11:07 -0700, Cap'n Murphy <CapnMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is the System Cleanup Folder a client-based, server-based entity, or >something that may be accessed from both sides? Further, how do I get access >to it via either Outl...

Conditional Formatting with Hyperlinks
OK, I have a hyperlink on tab 1 to a form on tab 2. The hyperlink is in red. What I want to do is get the the color of the hyperlink to change when just one word or a date has been placed in the form in tab 2 and not have the HL change because it's been clicked on. Pleaseeeeeeeee HELP!!!! ...

Why cant I use hyperlinks from Outlook 2007 I'm Using Explorer 8
"this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". I have tried resetting my settings. Try the other suggestions listed here; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/242 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Paulmcg" <Paulmcg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C92B39...

DB viewing in older version
Dear everybody I know this might be impossible, but if it's not, would you please tell me I currently have Access 7.0 (95) installed on my machine, but would like to view DB's made in Access 97, 2000, 2002 and X My guess was that it might work with a newer Jet engine, but I don't know if Access supports it. Can anyone help me out on this one? I'd appreciate it John John, No, this is not possible. AFAIK, older versions of Access have never been able to open newer versions of Access. -- Cheryl Fischer Law/Sys Associates Houston, TX "John" <anonymous@discussi...

Public folder contact-error viewing calendar activities
Hi. We have several Contacts folders under Public folders, with people's tasks and calendars set to link to the Activities in these folders. This works ok apart from one user's calendar. Tasks works fine but if you go to the contact, Activities tab, the following message is displayed: "Outlook cannot display this view. The contacts folder could not be found." The calendar link is in place, and the permission is set to Editor (as is the Tasks folder). Can anyone help please? Alison wrote: > Hi. We have several Contacts folders under Public folders, with > people&...

Given Unknown error when trying to view certain folders
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I can log in and run entourage.Error does not cause restart or crash, but cannot view contents of certain folders. On 12/14/09 12:57 PM, in article 59baf056.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "JWooldridge@officeformac.com" <JWooldridge@officeformac.com> wrote: > I can log in and run entourage.Error does not cause restart or crash, but > cannot view contents of certain folders. The �unknown error� is most likely a system error and can indicate disk problems. Use Disk Utili...

hyperlinks #27
I want to put a hyperlink in a spreadsheet that will take me from that sheet to a "CHART" not a another sheet. how do I do it. Thanks Dave UK Hi! AFAIK, you can't get a hyperlink to address a chart sheet. You can get a command button to move you to that Chart using VBA. This lacks the RETURN capability, but you can put in your own return. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Hyperlink in Footer #2
Is this possible? If not, is there a way of changing the font when you assign a hyperlin to a group of words? I would like the keep the font bolded Arial bu when you assign a hyperlink to it, it switches automatically to norma and underline (so you know it's a hyperlink-- but I will know what i already). Is this possible? Finally, on an unrelated question, how do you get the forumla/type/tex bar to show up on the Toolbar? I can't see when I'm making correction what the text says very easily. I somehow lost this toolbar function. TIA -- sabunab -------------------------...

Pub 2000: insert Unicode by number
I wish to insert a couple of Unicode characters which do not appear i Publisher 2000's symbol list. Is this possible -- Andrew Bryan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Andrew Bryant's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=511 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=126125 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Andrew Bryant wrote: > I wish to insert a couple of Unicode characters which do not appear in > Publisher 2000's symbol list. Is this possible? Try (with NumLock on) Alt+(Uxxxx), where xxxx is...

Insert XML string into XML File: Part 2
Thanks to some good help from a previous post, I have been able to create well formed xml as part of a report logger app. However, I still have a small problem. When I add new xml to the log file, the new nodes are appended to the original file. What I really want is for the log file to grow as "report nodes" are added. Also, I am a bit concerned about performance, particularly as the file grows in size. I must write to an xml file (vs. a database) and am trying to understand the best way to do this. I prefer to not use "temp files" and would like to just modify the ...

Viewing and selecting files
I must be missing something. I think I have V11 of media player and it's suposed to be easy to use. I just want to simply view and select mp3's from a folder on my C drive and then burn to a cd as a data cd. I only want to see the files in a certain folder and not all the music files on my computer. This was very straight forward using Easy CD Creator. How is this done? It this possible? Thanks in advance. In WMP, press F3 and in the dialog that appears, add the folder containing the MP3's to the list and click OK. This will add the MP3's to the library. Then...

automatically insert system time in a cell
I have a s/sheet that needs to automatically have the system time inserted in a cell if the previous cell is blank. I have tried several things and have not had any joy. Any help offered would be welcome. You can use the select_change event on your sheet capture when a differenet cell has been selected. Keeping track of prior cell entries can be tracked with a phantom sheet to store prior values, if the prior value was null, then you can send the following command activecell.value = now http://ForPicks.com "PM" wrote: > I have a s/sheet that needs to automatically have...

How do I add .htm to every link in a worksheet? Multiple hyperlinks+targets
I have about 500 hyperlinks in my worksheets. An example of 1 of th links = "..dvd/1994/940602" As you can see, i forgot to use the file extension i wanted to link t (*.htm) Is there a way to edit 500 links by automatically adding .ht to each one with out me going the manual route. i "..dvd/1994/940602.htm" Also how do i change the "_parent" to "main" so all the links open i the main window, and not just a new page. When i have the page saved as html, i can go in find and replace i wordpad which easily changes the links (searched on "target =...

viewing publisher documents
How can I view a publisher document without publisher? While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Esther Feldman <Esther Feldman@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > How can I view a publisher document without publisher? a) With the Publisher Demo, available at Microsoft.com for the cost of shipping and handling. b) By getting the creator or sender of the file to convert it to PDF using a free application such as PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this me...

how to hide hyperlink text
Hi Mark, If you actually asked a question it would be easier to answer. You have a subject title and there is no question or explanation of what you actually want in the body of your posting. If you right click on the cell, edit hyperlink, in the upper right corner is tooltip button, you can enter a space there and you will come up with an empty tooltip. If you have nothing there it will revert to normal. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/d...

Hyperlinks in Excel #4
Using Excel 2000 is there a way to remove hyperlinks such that the background formatting is not also removed? I have a user who needs to remove hyperlinks from e-mail addresses, in a list, and when she does, all the formatting (font, borders, shading, etc.) is also removed. - Thanks. -- LPS I'm assuming that the user is running a macro that looks essentially like this: Selection.hyperlinks.delete If you really wanted, you could find out all the formatting for each of those cells, remove the hyperlink and then reapply the formatting. Myself? I'd just reapply the formatting tha...

I can't view my sent emails
After reconfiguring some options to correct some email problems last week, everything is working fine, except for one thing. I can't view any of the emails I've sent since last week. I can see everything before last week, but nothing since. Please help if you can. Thanks, Sean Hi, which problems did you have last week? Maybe you have deleted them -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de <skusmin@sbcglobal.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c5ed01c47a3e$6685c3e0$a501280a...

Insert rows in Excel Ledger problem
I am using a ledger for simple accounts, Date, Name, Service, Amount and Total. The far right column keeps a running total. I have however omitted some data and am trying to add rows in various places in date order. I can insert the rows no problem, however, the final right hand cell remains blank and will not update the total. I have tried the format painter which works for all cells but the last, the format bar is greyed out along with anything else I thought I could use to solve the problem. I have tried adding the data on the last row and dragging it up to where I want it but as ...

disable excel except to "view"
Hello folks! I have a protected excel file that I make available to several computers from our server, just to read. But I need even more protection: I want patrons to have access to read this file but NOT to be able to then click the "new" icon to go on and create any new excel files. Can I disable this? i.e. like an "excel viewer" only, not the ability to create further excel sheets, but on a computer that does have the excel program. (the computer also has Fortres, but if I include excel in it's list of prohibited programs, they can't view the file anymore). tha...

Hyperlinks in Outlook launch Lotus Notes
I have been using Lotus Notes as my primary e-mail program and am in the process of switching to Outlook 2002. When I lauch a hyperlink contained within an Outlook e-mail message, it tries to launch Notes and then gives and error that the NOTES.INI file can not be found in the current path. I do not want to uninstall Lotus Notes, as I need to be able to read old LN e-mails. How do I get Outlook to lauch Internet Explorer and not Lotus Notes on hyperlinks? My operating system is XP Pro. William Book If you are using the Microsoft Outlook 2002 Connector for Lotus Notes, you CANNOT r...