When I select to insert a page break, it is not inserting.

I have a spreadsheet that is set up to print to fit on one page.  However,
when I try to insert a page break to split up that page, horizontally or
vertically, it is NOT inserting.  However, if I set up to print at 100% its
size, it's 16 pages long, page breaks will appear, but I don't want to break
up 16 pages.  Help!
0
cheriec1 (1)

Next time you're in file|page setup|page tab, set it to print 1 page wide by 1
page tall.

Ok your way out of the dialog.

Then go right back into that file|page setup|Page tab.

Note the "adjust to" percentage.

It's probably less than 100%.

Select the "adjust to" option and then see if your manual page break shows up.

(I think that sometimes I even reduce the percentage (slightly) to make it fit
pretty.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Inserting picture as a background
I inserted a picture as my background from my hard drive. Multiple images appeared in the document. I know that if you are working with a webpage it tiles so that the image appears on each page. But I am creating a brochure and only want 1 image. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have a solutionl. -- kbp When you use the Format >> background you will get tiling. Best to put an image on the Master Page and stretch it to fit. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Kimberley" <Kimberley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2123E93-DDEF-4...

adding cross-functional flowchart changes page-layout
i would like to add to a "landscape" page a stencil>flowchart>cross-functional flowchart shapes vertical. when adding it the page converse automatically to a "portrait" page, while it should remain "landscape" the same happens if I add cross-functional flowchart shapes horizontal to a "portrait" page. it changes into a "landscape" page. can I avoid this? thx, kjetil I can't think of a way to avoid having the page orientation switch to portrait when you drop the functional band shape out and pick vertical. Visio automatically cha...

Insert rows and fill formulas
I have just added this on a work sheet. It works OK when sheet is unprotected but when I protect the sheet it comes up error 400. If I select Insert row on protection box it will insert row but not formulas while protected. How can I get it to work while sheet is protected. I have also setup a botton on the taskbar to do this for me but it will only do it for the day I set it up in. When I save as for the next day it wont work on the new sheet. Your help will be appreciated Regards Chris I'm not an expert but I thought the whole idea of protecting the worksheet is so p...

How to insert a page break every 10 lines
Hi, I have been stumped on this one. I have been trying to write a macr for days on inserting a page break every 10 lines and haven't been abl to figure it out. I will have have to write a macro to insert a blan row every two lines. Thanks, Ev ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Eva, The following code will insert a page break every 10 rows. Change the values of StartRow and EndRow to meet your needs. Dim RowNdx As Long Dim StartRow As Long ...

selecting ranges
I have data in column A. I want to enter a value in column B down to the same number of rows that are non- blank in column A. Problem is that the amount of data varies and so does the number of rows. How do I do this? Hi Pam You can enter a value in b1 for example and double click on the down right corner of the cell b1 -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "pam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01bf01c3c4c7$c95e91e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have data in column A. I want to enter a value in > col...

ActiveX Property Page OK button
I would like to know how can I trap ActiveX Property Page OK button event ? I want to do some checking of property controls before user clicks on activex property page OK button..please help. Thanx Ashish ...

Clear Selection in a Clist. How?
Hi all; I've got a small problem: One of the Clist in a Dialog is a multiple selection List. When I click on abutton, several lines are selected in the Clist. No problem so far. But I need to clear the selection before click on another button, because, if I don't clear it, old lines and new lines are selected at the time. With no multiple selection CList, I can clear the selection with SetCurSel(-1), but with a multiple selection CList it doesn't work, neither SetSel(-1), because with this, all lines are selected. How can I clear all selections? Thanks a lot Dalton "D...

Can't insert column; keep receiving error message
I was updating a large spreadsheet and all of a sudden I was unable to insert columns. I kept getting an error message that said, "...unable to shift nonblank cells off worksheet." I tried everything from unhiding all columns and rows toreformatting all the comments to move and size with their relative cells. I also removed all the comments and I was still unable to insert a column. Does anyone have a solution Thank you >-----Original Message----- >I was updating a large spreadsheet and all of a sudden I was unable to insert columns. I kept getting an error message th...

Insert file name in Excel
I want to insert the file name into a cel of my Excel Worksheet. I need this for document management issues with Microsoft Business Soltutions Axapta. I work with Microsoft Office Excel 2003. =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1)) +1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("[",CELL ("filename",A1))-1) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I want to insert the file name into a cel of my Excel Worksheet. >I need this for document management issues with Microsoft Business >Soltutions ...

Using a listbox selection to limit records in a form and report
I am trying to use a listbox of names to limit the results of a form to just those names. On a similar track, I want to use the selected names to limit a report. I have the listbox created and have added a button next to it to initiate the next step, but cannot figure out how to do it. Also, would like to (if possible) use multiple listboxs in the same way (ie, name and/or department). "dascooper" <dascooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1227B7CC-3345-4FDC-8EB0-94BEF46660FD@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use a listbox of names to limit the resu...

look up a selection of data
Hi I would like to transfer or look up data when keying in a reference number and bring up all the data regarding the ref number Eg Cell A1 = 101, B1 = John and C1 = january Cell A2 = 102, B2 = Mark and C2 = january Cell A3 = 103, B3 = Sam and C3 = February Cell A4 = 101, B4 = John and C4 = March Cell A5 = 101, B5 = John and C5 = June When I key in Ref 101 in a chosen cell (eg.A10) then the display should have all the details Cell A11 = John, B11 = January Cell A12 = John, B12 = March Cell A13 = John, B13 = June I assume A11, A12 and A13 should also have formulas to generate data but I c...

select and copy files
I have a table that has following fields: 1) account number 2)assiciated file name and 3) description of file 4) file path. Filenames are formatted as account number with 2 digit alphanumeric code following (i.e. 12345a2, 67890b1) table has approximately 300,000 records each associated with one of 130,000 unique account numbers. Goal is to select and copy to new destination only those files associated with a subset (approc 100,000) of 130,000 unique account numbers. Inversely, I could copy all 300,000 files then select and delete those associated with the 30,000 account numbers. any...

Is "Go To Page" the only way?
Hi there, I'm a 2007 Publisher newbie. I am used to the 2003 version & I really utilised the little pages you had at the bottom left of the screen to flick from page to page. I can't seem to find this option in 2007. I am currently changing pages via Edit/ Go to page.. which quite frankly is a PITA. Please someone tell me how to view my pages in a more user friendly way? Many thanks The sort option is missing from some Publisher 2007 applications. There is a registry fix here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs It is FAQ 6 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/...

How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel?
How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? Hi Select your first row and then hold down the Ctrl key while selecting the others. HTH Michael "Varun" wrote: > How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? "Varun" <Varun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? Just another angle to the post's interp .. (with emphasis on "randomly") Here's an example set-up to play with .. Assume we have 6 rows of data below in Sheet1's A1:C6: Data1 Text1 Desc1 Data2 Text2 Desc2 Data3 Text...

survey page
I am newto Access and am trying the following: I want to post a survey with option boxes. i would like the option boxes to be counted in a database so it can correlate the results. What is the best appraoch for this? Thank you for any help you can give me. Paul, NY On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:00:00 -0800, paulhthr <paulhthr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am newto Access and am trying the following: >I want to post a survey with option boxes. i would like the option boxes to >be counted in a database so it can correlate the results. >What is the best appraoch for this? &g...

Crm3 to Crm4: error on page when opening/closing contacts
OK, another similar to a lot of people, but I do not have a solution. I am presently testing in lab upgrading from CMR 3 to 4 and finds myself with a strange one. Anytime I open a contact, and this happens only with contacts, I get an "error on page" at the bottom of the browser window and once I close it, there is a "pop-up" to send information to Microsoft for the error which contains the following; 1.0 Expected ')' 75 /Orthofab/sfa/conts/edit.aspx /Orthofab/sfa/conts/ edit.aspx Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; FunWebProducts; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2....

Selection from list on main sheet from suplemental sheet in same w
Okay I am new to excell bar drawing little spreadsheets to do my own financing. I am currently setting up a sheet and need the users to be able to select from a list of options only and not input thier own text - does that make sense? also i ahve 12 names on the list and one master with all on - would like the data entered on to a names list to be automatically entered onto the master or vice versa which ever is easiest. sorry if this sounds jumbled but i am totally lost and this has to look really hot for work! regards Kelly - England You only need to ask in one place, Kelly. :) *****...

Multiple copies of a page
Hello, I have a report which needs to print two identical copies of each page and then a third largely-identical copy of some pages. What I have done is create a sub-report and add it three times to the report. Then in the Detail_Format event of the main report I make the third sub-report visible or invisible, depending on how many copies of the page we need. This is all working fine. The trouble I'm having is that, for the pages where we need three copies, the client wants certain fields on copy 3 to not be printed. I realize that I could create a separate sub-report to be used f...

Saving Outlook Calendar as Web Page
When I'm trying to save a personal calendar as a web page, there is a date/day mismatch after Jan 1, 2005. In other words, the correct Jan 1, 2005 falls on a Saturday, but when I save it as a webpage, Jan 1, 2005 falls on a Friday, and all the appointments are off by one day also. Anyone else seen this and what can I do?? Jim This is a well documented problem. I posted the same question on 9/17 at... http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/NewsGroups/default.mspx?query=2005&dg=microsoft.public.outlook&cat=exchange&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=C9163434-DE68...

How do I compensate for page creep in a small A5 booklet
Hi I'm using Publisher 2003 to produce a small (100 page) booklet, that will be printed 2 up double sided on A4 paper e.g. 25 sheets of paper, 4 pages per sheet. When printed the book is showing exhibitig what appears to be called, in the printing industry, page creep. That is that when folded the right hand edges of the inner pages protrude further than the right hand edges of the outer pages. The excess paper can obviously be trimmed off with a guillotine, but then the text on the pages will be closer to the right hand edge of the page, as above. I've searched Publishers Hel...

Publisher 2002
I'm creating an Employee Directory (130 employees total, 4 employees per page) and cannot get the merge to move to the next record. Since the 'Catalog Merge' function isn't an option in 2002, and the company isn't going to buy 2003, can anyone help me do this in Publisher? Thanks, Kate Divide the page into 4. Input this number into the page setup. (2.75 inches), click the "change copies per sheet", change the gaps and margins to zero. This will give you 4 entries per page. Only one entry will be on your screen. Setup your merge. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP htt...

How to insert 3 images into excel with aligning each positions?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to insert 3 images into excel with aligning each positions? Please see following code for detailed description. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myPic As Object Dim dblTop As Double Dim dblLeft As Double Dim dblHeight As Double Dim dblWidth As Double If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then On Error Resume Next Set myPic = ActiveSheet.Pictures(1) On Error GoTo 0 If Not myPic Is Nothing Then myPic.Delete If Range(&quo...

IE page size
I am using Windows XP with IE8. When I open IE, the page is a reduced size. I have to enlarge it to full size manually. Is there a way to make it open in the full window? Thanks "Drew" <drew@home.net> wrote in message news:umS968fwKHA.3764@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am using Windows XP with IE8. When I open IE, the page is a reduced >size. I have to enlarge it to full size manually. > > Is there a way to make it open in the full window? > > Thanks > Whichever shortcut you are using to launch the window, right click it and ...

select two option to one criteria
thanks for you help yesterday with a dsum just one quick question this code below ..... [cbMonth] & "' And [Revenue Stream Division] = 'Production'") how do i get it to select "Others" as well in [Revenue Stream Division] so something like [Revenue Stream Division] = 'Production' & 'other'") but that didn't work thanks ..... [cbMonth] & "' And ([Revenue Stream Division] = 'Production' Or [Revenue Stream Division] = 'Other')") "Alan" wrote: > >...

Count number of records on a report page
Hi All, My report has several grouping levels and works OK. I am OK with creating a text box to count the entire number of records in a report and in a group. But I've been asked to count the number of records printed on any given report page. How can I do this? I'm using version 2003. Thanks in advance TRY this. Add a control to the detail line to number the detail lines Name: txtLineCount Control Source: =1 Running Sum: OverAll Add a control to the page header Name: txtPageStart Control Source: =[txtLineCount] Add a control to the page footer Name: txtRecCount Control Sour...