When i save in excelit says document not saved

When i try and save in excel it won't let me, and it won't let me rename the
file and save it.
0
MW (19)

Is your file set to Read Only?

To change this, go into Windows Explorer, find the folder containing your
file, right click the filename and left click "Properties"

Now, remove the checkmark from "Read Only", go back into Excel and try again.

Hope this helps

Pete

Click on File, Save As, then click the "Tools" button at the top left of the
dialog box.

"MW" wrote:

> When i try and save in excel it won't let me, and it won't let me rename the
> file and save it.
0
PeterRooney (105)
3/3/2005 9:57:02 AM
MW

Are you on a network and message reads....

"file isn't accessible
unavailable volume or invalid password."

If so..........

Reports indicate the issue is caused by Windows XP update Q885250.

Uninstalling it appears to resolve the problem.

To uninstall Q885250 go to Control Panels>Add Remove and click on "Show
Updates".

Scroll to Q885250 and uninstall it.

If not the above............

Check out these threads on google.

http://snipurl.com/d7fr

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 01:27:01 -0800, "MW" <MW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When i try and save in excel it won't let me, and it won't let me rename the
>file and save it.

0
Gord

Attached Word Documents
I have a computer running Outlook 97. When the user send an attached Word 97 document, the document loses it's font when the receiver opens the file. Any ideas? Suggest you read about templates in Word "help" file. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Glenn Jones wrote: > I have a computer running Outlook 97. When the user send > an attached Word 97 document, the document loses it's font > when the receiver opens the file. > > Any ideas? ...

Security Role cannot be saved
Let's say I adjusted some users security role, and I save it. For some reason, I re-open the security role and I found out the security role was back in the original state. What's the reason? I've seen odd things with security,.....and if you read the IG, Microsoft "recommends" that you not change any of the original security roles, but rather make a copy and change that......... -Gary "Joe" <joselok@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%231ZWcvcmDHA.2536@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Let's say I adjusted some users security role, and I save it. For ...

files won't save to network drive
I have a user that when he tries to drag and drop e-mails to his archive our home directory he gets the error "error occurred that prevented the file H:\archive.pst from being saved" If I close outlook 2002 and start it again he is able to save but only for a short time then the problem recurs. When this is happening he cannot open any files on the network drive. ...

Save a new file with the name that is in cell "C7"
Here is what I want to do: Open up a template. Enter information. Click on save, and when the window shows up asking me to name the file, I want it to automatically use a file name with the value in cell C7. As an example, if cell C7 has "Milton 287-12", I want to automatically name the file"Milton 287-12" when I save for the first time. Is this possible? Thanks, Joe Hi, Lunker, Try pasting the following code into a macro sheet and running it with Alt-F8 Change the path to whatever you require between the quote in line 3 and "A1" to whatever cell you want...

Time Stamp of a Save As file Doesn't Change from Original
I use a few Excel worksheets as templates. I open them, edit them with new information, and use Save As and save them with new filenames. I've been doing this for a couple of years now and this has always worked great. About a month ago, I noticed that the date stamp and time stamp of the new files I create are always the same: 12/29/2003 9:27 PM. I can open one of the worksheets that has such a date/time stamp and save it as a different name, and it still will have that same date/time stamp. I think there must be some kind of corruption in the worksheet -- a kind of corruption that's ...

Can't save sent messages
I'm running Windows Live Mail on Windows 7, new computer for a month now. My 'sent' messages had been saved in the sent folder, as well as my deleted messages in the deleted folder. I wanted to save these both and manually delete what I wanted. This worked up until today, now no sent messages are showing in my folder, no deleted messages in delete folder and additional folders that I set up to store mail have also disappeared. Any ideas to help with this? Using a Live ID to sign on to Windows Live ? Are the Sent Items and Deleted items in the email account for t...

Invoice print settings don't save?
I have gone through the print setup and selected the printer and a template. The problem is the template I select doesn't stay selected into the next session. How can I get the default invoice template to change? I have this same problem. Has anybody been able to figure out how to change the "default" template that is used when an invoice is printed? I don't want to have to change the selected template every session. I am using Money 2005 Small Biz. Thanks, Justin "Jon R. Helms" wrote: > I have gone through the print setup and selected the > pri...

Word 2010: cannot save normal.dotm file?
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But if I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. You've posted to the Mac Word group, so there isn't much help available here on a Beta version for Windows. Tr...

Why can't I save Publisher files since an XP upgrade?
-- 89Q Radio Trial version? Maybe the time has run out. Are you saving to your hard drive? Can you open files? Do you get an error? What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Coy" <Coy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4666111-8322-43AA-BD05-A1E24D4D7C23@microsoft.com... > > -- > 89Q Radio Mary: I have used Publisher 2002 for a couple of years now. It was only recently (since an upgrade t...

Problem saving embedded .gif or .jpg (.bmp only option)
(Sorry for crosspost - also posted in "microsoft.public.outlook.general") I've seen this question posted a half dozen times, and I've yet to see a solution. Problem: When an animated .gif (ditto for .jpg) is embedded in the body of a message (Outlook 2002 (Windows XP (home) with Office XP 2002) - I'm NOT using Outlook Express), the ONLY option I have for saving the embedded .gif (or .jpg) is in .bmp format - no other option is available. (See attached screen print for clarification.) I have deleted all Temp Internet Folders & files; I have cleared Internet History...

Comments Wont Save (crtl+f10)
I am trying to save comments on workorders using ctrl+f10 i can type the comments and it appears i tender and save changes, however when i go back to the work order the comments are gone. I reallly need the comments to document what instruction the customer has provides and to document what has been done -- Thanks Ian Ian: It might be as simple as a setting. Using RMS? In Manager, go to File -> configuration -> Options -> POS Options "record Item comments" the default is not usually set to save them. Peter Johnson American Retail Supply MSFT Certified Partner...

viewing publisher documents
How can I view a publisher document without publisher? While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Esther Feldman <Esther Feldman@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > How can I view a publisher document without publisher? a) With the Publisher Demo, available at Microsoft.com for the cost of shipping and handling. b) By getting the creator or sender of the file to convert it to PDF using a free application such as PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this me...

Looking for documentation on PM Table Structures
I received a request for open payables by organization code (acct segment 1) today. When I looked in PM10100 I am not retrieving all the records that are included when an ATB is run. It appears that I am missing PMT transactions (only some) when I export the infomation to excel for analysis. The tables I am using are PM10100 PM Distribution Work Open (ignoring dates > today & = 1/1/1900), GL00100 for GL account information and PM00200 so that I have the vendor named for output. Any resources or recommendations would be greatly appreciated PM20000 has all open transactions. PM101...

Need help - Save as
In new Outlook 2003, when I highlight several e-mail in my Inbox & select File, Save As, it only saves the Headers of the e-mails & not the headers & the body - in my old Outlook 2000 it saved both - can any one tell me how to correct this? I have a program that read the Saved As file & processes the data in the e-mails & I can't find where to change any option to fix this... though I have read & read & read... thxs much !!! What format are the messages and are you using the old Ol97/2002 pst format or the new Unicode format? We're seeing issues ...

Save a Publisher ducument as .htm
I have a leaflet that I print using Publisher. It is in Booklet format with 4 pages (2 from, 2 back). I want to display all pages (1-4) as a webpage, but when I 'Save As' webpage/.htm only Page 1 is saved. How do I get the entire document saved? Thank. Mike Chances are you created the other pages, but didn't notice that they are in supporting folder that also contains all the graphics for your site. Generally, for reasons beyond the scope of your question, you do not do a 'Save As' to create a website using Pub 2003 and 2007. Instead do a 'Publish ...

Cannot Read Saved Document from Works From Other Computer
I am trying to save Microsoft Works documents from my one computer which has a Windows ME operating system onto a disc that I can open on another computer which has a Windows XP operating system. When I try to open the files, I get an error message stating that Works cannot open the file, that it may be in use by another application, the file format may not be supported by any of the installation converters, or the file may be corrupt. I have tried renaming the file but this doesn't work. The file extension is already a .wps one so I don't think there is any conflict with the...

Saving in Excel 2000
Hello Guys: Does anybody knows if there is a way to save automatically when yo exit an excel worksheet without having to acknowledge the Save dialog? THANK -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Add this code to ThisWorkbook code module Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Save End Sub -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Macaco >" <<Macaco.17w6k8@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Macaco.17w6k8@excelforum-nospam...

file save as word 2003 xp pro
Scenario I open a document called test.doc and make a change. I use the file save as option and call the file test.doc. It doesn't prompt me to overwrite the existing test.doc shouldn't it?? I belive it did in earlier versions?? No - if you open a document and use SaveAs to save it with the same name you won't get a prompt. If you use SaveAs to save it with a different existing name, you will. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site...

Error when sending pub 2003 document as an email
we have a document that we have been sending as an email in publisher 2003 for some time, by using the SEND AS EMAIL> SEND THIS PAGE AS A MESSAGE. This has worked fine for some time, but now something has happened to the document that when you click the send button in outlook you get a message that publisher has encountered an error and needs to close. Outlook then freezes and has to be cntrl-alt-del to kill it off. this happens with the same document on multiple computers, whereas the same computers can complete the task using a newly created document. Anyone seen this before? detai...

Need Parser that can read attributes of XML document...
Hello guys, I am looking for a parser in PHP that can return all the attributes of XML entities. I know how to read the XML Entities, but I have got a problem with reading attributes. So I will appreciate if you could give a parser that can return all the Entities and Attributes of respective entities as an array. For e.g.: <?xml version="1.0" ?> <Controller> <NumberOfBoards>5</NumberOfBoards> <NumberOfKeypads>1</NumberOfKeypads> <QueueMode>N</QueueMode> <EntranceDelay on="5" off="5" /> <Limits minLength=&...

Publisher can't Save
We have a PC with a 2 gig hard drive (C) and a 20 gig hard drive (D). We installed Publisher on the bigger drive, since C only had about 100 meg free. We are having a problem trying to save to D, it tells us the drive is full but there are 11 gig available. I am thinking that the Undo support may be automatically saving the file to C as changes are made and it gets filled up; when we try to save Publisher to D it gets confused. We have the same error message trying to save the 36K file to a blank 1.4 meg floppy as A. We are running Publisher 2002 pretty much as it came out of the box. I d...

Error when trying to open saved Publisher 2000 files
I've been using Publisher 2000 for a couple of years. In recent weeks, I have been unable to open saved files. I get "Mspub has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL. Mspub will now close" error message, and it closes Publisher. I just todsay downloaded updates to Office 2000. The only thing that has changed since I was unable to open these saved files is that I have been diligently doing virus scans, spyware scans, and ad-aware scans. Can anyone help me? -- Thanking you once again for your help. Some articles to ponder OFF2000: Invalid Page Fault in Kernel32.dll Clicking...

Saving Toolbar settings
I am running OL2003. When I open my Inbox and arrange my toolbars the way that I like them, I'd like them to stay that way the next time that I open OL. Instead the defaults load and I'm back to the orginal configuration. Any ideas how to "save" the Toolbar settings? Randy Randy, I'm not sure whether this will make a difference or not. But are you doing this with Administrator privialages? Like I said, not sure whether it will make any difference at all but it's something to try. regards, Ash. Thanks for your response. Yes, I am logged on with Adminis...

Documents in Multiple Monitors
Excel and Powerpoint (even in Office 2007) make it ludicrously hard (impossible?) to view two documents on multiple monitors. Even seeing them side by side is unintuitive (compared to Word). Will this be finally addressed in Office 2007? It wasn't as of the last beta I tried. -- -C. Moya www.cmoya.com I'm able to do it with my multiple monitor setup. What problems are you having? How are you trying to do it? Craig CMM wrote: > Excel and Powerpoint (even in Office 2007) make it ludicrously hard > (impossible?) to view two documents on multiple monitors. Even seeing ...

Word document titles
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC When I download and open a Word document from my internet email account, Word documents open with a generic "Document 1" title instead of the actual name of the document as sent to me. If I open a document that was saved to my desktop, it opens with its actual title name. It's a seriously bad idea to open anything from within your email. You short-circuit the system protection and risk getting taken out by Internet Nasties. It sounds as though the file you are downloading is a Template (a file of type...