when i open a excel doc , it open muiltple page not related?

Hi all,
When i double click on a excel doc, muiltiple excel file pop up together.
What could be the possible reasons...

Sometimes one of these works:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Outlook crashes before opening with error MSSchedule+
Cannot open Outlook, it comes up with the statemment "unable to switch to Microsoft Schedule+ as your primary calendar. when you hit ok, Outlook tries to load then it crashes with a Microsoft Error box. end of story. HELP! thanks. ...

Line graphs; excel 2007
I have a simple line graph - and I'd like to shade in the area btwn the two lines only (not the whole background of the graph). Any suggestions? Apply Fill Color Between Lines in a Chart http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ MK09 wrote: > I have a simple line graph - and I'd like to shade in the area btwn the two > lines only (not the whole background of the graph). Any suggestions? ...

Outlook Web Access: Error on Page
The basic version of OWA works fine (other than frustrations with selecting email addresses from GAL and contacts folder when composing an email; suggestions on that are welcome), but the Premier version only half-works on some machines. Messages can be displayed, but clicking any "button" to show the address book, reply to, create, or forward email, etc, all create an "Error on page" message in the status bar. I've experienced no other java errors on other pages/sites. Does OWA require or prefer Microsoft VM over Sun's Java, or does ActiveX require any special c...

Excel 97 #11
How can I change a spreadsheet , so that it opens on sheet 1 every tim someone goes into it , when working on the spreadsheet, it will ope the last page that a save was done on. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Your 1st question. Save at the sheet desired or use an auto_open macro in a regular module or a workbook_open event in the ThisWorkbook module that uses sheets("yoursheetname").select -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "EADesktop >" <<EADesktop.163m60@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:EADesktop.163m6...

Is is me? Or is Excel 2007 Charting Lame?
Maybe I'm missing something. If so, let me know. The process of creating a chart is unintuitive and cumbersome. A big step backwards from 2003. The manual says to just select your data and insert the chart. What I find is that 95% of the time, I have to re-do the data selection. If I highlight two columns and insert the graph, Excel thinks both columns are two different series instead of x and y axis. I create two columns, label one of them "X", one of them "Y". Put some numbers below that. Now insert an XY chart. One would think that it could figure out "...

Adding a column in Excel 2007
Have a column with letters in it. Want to sum up how many of one letter I have in the column. What is a formula to do this please To count the number of cells that equal X =countif(a:a,"X") To count the number of cells that have at least one X in them: =countif(a:a,"*X*") nip wrote: > > Have a column with letters in it. Want to sum up how many of one > letter I have in the column. What is a formula to do this please -- Dave Peterson On Dec 10, 10:44=A0am, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote: > To count the number of cells that eq...

excel process in the background
I'm trying to find a way of updating the excel spreadsheet without the excel application coming up on the users PC. We are getting input from the WEB and using that input to run a model and capture the data in an excel spreadsheet. Then manipulate the spreadsheet and create a summary Word document that will be emailed to the user. Then the user will be emailed with the summary data from the excel document. The thing is that this will be running on some server and I don't want the excel spreadsheet or application to actually come up on the PC. How can I suppress the applicati...

Shared use of excel work books
Hi, Can anyone tell me "if I have an excel workbook (with multiple worksheets that report to the first worksheet) on a shared drive whether it can be set up for multiple users to access it and use it at the same time?" These users will be accessing their single worksheet to update it periodically with the first worksheet being the project leaders sheet where he gets to see all the other worksheets on his one sheet. -- Ian Hi Ian, You can do this by selcting "shareworkbook" from the tools menu and checking the 'allow changes by more than one use'. Beware th...

EXCEL 2003
hi Im performing Logical boolean operations using MS Excel. The only problem is that its displaying result set as "TRUE/FALSE" and I want to have the result in binary. Is there a way to convert that text "TRUE" into digit "1"? please tell me ASAP. thank "imfaizzi" <imfaizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to convert that text "TRUE" into digit "1"? =--(A1>A2) returns 1 for TRUE and 0 for FALSE. Similarly for =1*(A1>A2) "imfaizzi" <imfaizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Microsoft Excel ASC II Text Files
How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of file in order to import to another program such as "MaiList & AddressBook" Hi Bill try saving as 'CSV' file in the Save As dialog. This is a comma separated text (ASCII) file HTH Frank Bill Cadwallader wrote: > How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of > file in order to import to another program such > as "MaiList & AddressBook" ...

excel #136
I have files in quantrum pro and would like to open them in excel. But they won't popen I'm not familiar with Quantrum Pro. What does it do? "Liz R" wrote: > I have files in quantrum pro and would like to open them in excel. But they > won't popen ...

Can't open spreadsheet from website
I can't open an Excel 2000 document in IE6. An Excel window opens but the spreadsheet won't display. The document contains several worksheets and one contains a textbox (which might be a problem). I need to be able to view, from this website, 22 worksheets per catagory with 4 catagories total. Help!!! ...

Excel worksheet merge
Hello all, I have searched google, but to no avail. Here goes. I have one set of excel worksheets (one is an exact link to the other) that I copied four times for a total of five. I moved the 1st worksheet of each to an individual folder. So what I am left with are the 5 link worksheets. Can I merge the links together? I have an Access db that I will use to process the info. I have linked the links to an Access db and it works. Except I have 5 dbs instead of the one that I really need. The fields are the same in all linked dbs. My question is- should or can I merge before access and i...

Printing from a Master page
I am trying to print a document and the text area is overprinted in black. Anyone know how to correct that? Might think about a printer driver update. Is this only happening on one publication? What version Publisher? Not sure I understand what is happening. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sherlynn" <sherLynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6169A241-2AE6-4DD7-A932-E5432A55C777@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a document and the text area is overprinted in black. > Anyone...

Excel Services Publish
I have a 64 bit client (Windows Server 2008) and my colleague has Windows 7 64 bit client. We are trying to publish an Excel 2007 document to MOSS, which is running under https, and is sitting on a 64 bit operating system. We keep getting the "File Not Saved" error when we try to publish from our clients. However, a 3rd colleague has Windows XP 32 bit and can publish the same exact Excel files just fine up to the very same MOSS location we tried on the 64 bit clients. Can someone from MSFT confirm that this is an issue with 64 bit clients? Can you present a solut...

Excel pivot tbl
Brand new laptop w/Windows XP. Has Office 97 installed (first), than complete install of Office XP(second). Than install of PTSfull.exe (pivot table services that come w/ sql server analysis services service pack 2). Go to data manu - PivotTable and Pivot Chart report - External data source/Pivot table - Get Data - OLAP cubes - new data source - select an olap provider for the database you want to access - blank dropdown (no Microsoft OLEDB Provider for OLAP Services or Microsoft OLEDB Provider for OLAP Services 8.0). Tried removing Office 97 & Office XP than installing PTS - sa...

cannot open attachments when sent to a group
Hi, has anyone had the following problem, and any hints on how to fix? I have a user who sends a word document to 12 people (in 12 different locations/businesses) 10 of them can open the document - 2 cannot. If the document is sent to the 2 seperately (not as part of a group e-mail) they CAN open it. Does anyone have a solution? Many thanks Paul ...

Date formatting in Excel #2
How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. Hi When no year is typed, excel would assume it is the current year. You would ahve to type the full date (including 2004) for it to display as Oct 2004. Use Format - cells - date and then select the particular format you want from the options there. >-----Original Message----- >How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I >type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. >. > ...

deleting pages in publisher 2002
When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. K. On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:39:35 +0000, KLeDrew wrote (in article <CA87F080-CAF5-4A38-956C-FDF8896CA92A@microsoft.com>): > When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes > instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" > delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. > > ...

retaining fonts when placing excel worksheet into pagemaker?
I am currently placing excel worksheets into Pagemaker software. I am having particular trouble with retaining the fonts in the text cells. When it appears in pagemaker the spacing is wierd and the numbers eg.(12/8) are crammed together. I used excel 2003. I am not a pagemaker wizard soooooooooo please help. Cindy I think PageMaker will let you Edit-->Paste special-->as a picture, won't it? Sorry, it's been a long time... ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "parrydise" <parrydise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Templates Excel XP
Where can I find templates to download to Excel XP. I'm looking for templates for both business and personal use http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "sfrich1" <sfrich1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7C932BB-3DE7-440C-B4E0-511EC8527F07@microsoft.com... > Where can I find templates to download to Excel XP. I'm looking for > templates for both business and personal use If you forget the address in the future, go to Excel's menu, and select Help | Microsoft Office Onl...

Excel macros page breaks but not on row 1 and column value in footer
Hi, I have seen some posts that are similar, but no one seems to have the problem that I am having. I will post my macro in this, for anyone that is interested. My users get a csv file every month, and we have to clean it up. This macro does that. My last issues are this: 1) having the spreadsheet create page breaks whenever the value in column B changes. Below is just that code. Code: col = 2 LastRw = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For X = 2 To LastRw If Cells(X, col) <> Cells(X - 1, col) And Cells(X, col) <> Range("B1") Then ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks...

When Excel Opens it Starts with Book2
Anyone know why excel would open to book2 and not book1. Hi Tracey! This means that a file with the Book1 name has already been saved. Find it using Start > Search > For Files and Folders Check the contents and either rename or delete. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. ...

Does Pocket Excel run VBAs?
I have desktop spreadsheets with VBAs - would they work in a Pocket PC/Pocket Excel environment? Hi F Chuck! Sorry but Pocket Excel does not support VBA. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "F Chuck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076601c3c44f$78706c40$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have desktop spreadsheets with VBAs - would they work > in a Pocket PC/Pocket Excel environment? ...

in what order should i place multiple brochure pages?
i am wondering in what order should i lay out my pages in my brochure so it will print correctly . . . I would use one of the brochure templates, create, print it out and edit to my liking. -- Don Vancouver, USA "critic" <critic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB2EA24A-EC9F-44EB-AB02-209FF66A1F77@microsoft.com... >i am wondering in what order should i lay out my pages in my brochure so it > will print correctly . . . ...