When I filter data, sometimes I do not get row count retrived

When you are using auto filter on a worksheet and then you pick a valu
to filter, you get the list of rows that satisfy that criteria. Also
in the status bar, you get the number of rows retrived as a result o
this filter. Example you will get "3 of 25 rows found" or somethin
like that. Sometimes I do not get that message, I just get a messag
called filter mode. Why does this happen and how can I correct this?

Thank you

If your worksheet has any formulae on it they automatically calculat
after filtering thereby suppressing the message "3 of 25 rows".
suggest clicking Tools/Options/Calculation and switching it to manua
for the timebeing and your message will appear.

HTH

Seamu

Hi gansh_k,

See:

          http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

Regards,
Norman

"gansh_k >" <<gansh_k.1b8xez@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> When you are using auto filter on a worksheet and then you pick a value
> to filter, you get the list of rows that satisfy that criteria. Also,
> in the status bar, you get the number of rows retrived as a result of
> this filter. Example you will get "3 of 25 rows found" or something
> like that. Sometimes I do not get that message, I just get a message
> called filter mode. Why does this happen and how can I correct this?
>
> Thank you.
>

> ---

normanjones (1047)

format based on data from another cell
I want the names in column B of my spread sheet to highlight either red or yellow based on the value of the cell in column L, but with conditional formatting you can only format based on the value of the cell you are formatting, as far as i can tell. Hi Sanna conditional formatting can be used to do this, select the column B cells that you want the formatting to be applied to, ensure that the first selected cell is the first line visible at the top of the worksheet choose format / conditional formatting choose formula is type =$L2=x where row 2 is the first row in the selected column an...

auto generate emails from data stored in excel spreadsheet
Hi, Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an email which is stored in a worksheet either using excel macros or in conjuction with outlook. thanks in advance. Mark K Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Maybe this one http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#message -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "MarkK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:169b901c447f2$268f26b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an > email which is stored in a worksheet either us...

Merging data from two worksheets
I have two worksheets with lists on them. On worksheet A there are items we use, and charge code (which correspond to individual items); but there is no RMS code (a specific code we use for our system). On worksheet B there is a larger list of items, many of which are also on worksheet A. Worksheet B has a column with the same charge codes as are used in worksheet A, but worksheet B has the corresponding RMS codes. For example... On A: Item RMS Charge Code Stick (blank) 12345 Ball (blank) 54321 Bases (blank) 21543 On B: Item RMS Charge...

How set many row heighths = height of another row
Is there a nifty way to use paste special to copy a row and then select a bunch of other rows and set all of these selected row to the same height as the copied row? I need to do this for several rows on several sheets and first getting the height # of the source row, then setting heights of target row numerically is a pain. I appreciate your help, -John "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45F9935C-DCBB-4F20-9E58-371283CF72D7@microsoft.com... > Is there a nifty way to use paste special to copy a row and then select a > bunch o...

Extracting XML data to be used in XSLT HTML output
Ok: I have done small level Xml stuff and am just now starting to understand some of the plumbing involved. I've done a lot of .NET programming for SQL Server, but little for Xml data stores. I am currently just interested in using the .xsl file that I have being applied to a source .xml file through ASP classic. Here's what I have: XSL file ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- <?xml version="1.0" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output meth...

Extract and count unique entries in a list (Excel 2003)
I have a list of items (all text strings, but some rows are blank) in column A. I want to extract a list of all the unique text strings and to count how many occurrences there are of each one. I've had a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique but it doesn't quite do what I want. Any help would be gratefully received. Gavin Hi if this is a one-time operation try to use 'Data - filter - Advanced Filter' and check 'Unique entries' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "gavin" <no-one@home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag n...

where can i get templates for a "how-to" manual?
I have several users who are less conversant with Outlook than they would like to be and I do't have time to create a "how-to" manual from scratch. What they need to learn is how to archive their email and get it off my servers and onto their local machines. We are literally running out of space and some of the users have emails going back to 1998! "Paul Telesco" <Paul Telesco@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9CD40CCB-7606-49A5-9B36-0F83EEF1086F@microsoft.com... >I have several users who are less conversant with Outlook than they wou...

overflow data
When i input data into a cell, can i fix it so it doesn't overflow the adjacent but empty cell? Thanks. You could enter a space character in the adjacent cell, so it appears empty, but will stop the overflow. Barbara wrote: > When i input data into a cell, can i fix it so it doesn't > overflow the adjacent but empty cell? Thanks. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html thanks, Genius! :-) >-----Original Message----- >You could enter a space character in the adjacent cell, so it appears >empty, but will ...

external data not in a table
I have a worksheet originally created in excel2003 that gets external data from a db2 database. After migrating to excel2007 the external data in the worksheet is not in a table (clicking on a result cell does not make Table Tools appear). When creating a new database query I find that the results always get put in table. I don't want the results in a table. How do I make the results of a new query NOT be a table? And I don't want to break the link to the database since I update the results periodically. ...

How to Use Data Migration Pack
Hi All, i downloaded the DMF from Microsoft.com, i read the documents but i couldn't understand that, My exact Requirement is, i have to import 18000 Records to Product Catalog, what i have to do now, please give me guidelines to import Records, Thanks Thangadurai On Sep 8, 7:04 am, mukathangadu...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > i downloaded the DMF from Microsoft.com, > i read the documents but i couldn't understand that, > My exact Requirement is, i have to import 18000 Records to Product > Catalog, > what i have to do now, please give me guidelines to import Reco...

Stop getting spam from different address
Hello, I have Outlook 2003 and I am wondering "How can I stop getting other peoples e-mail address" I received e-mail address that does not belong to me for example info@comcast.net or other strange address. Is there a way to stop that using Outlook 2003 filters. If so how do I do it. Or do I need to buy a program that stops that? All I want is to received my e-mail using only my e-mail address. Any advice will be appreciate.Thank you. You can either set your Junk E-mail Filter to a higher level or configure a rule to move all messages that are not send to you direct...

How large can the MS Money software ITSELF get, over time? (plz re
I've been using MS Money for years. The last time I upgraded it was to Small Business v 2006 as I run a small business from my home office. I have my pers and bus financials on there since the 90's (not sure of very 1st transaction...). Features-wise, there's no reason for me to upgrade or change anything, and, I also on occasion need to view certain Reports which by nature need to include data from old now-closed bank and credit card accounts so I do not want to "archive" anything at all. But.. I'm wondering, how long can this go on? that is, entering financia...

Ignore a Blank Data Series in the Legend
Hi, I'm creating Pie Charts based on data from 10 data series fields. Some of the data fields are blank, and so I've managed to create data labels that only show on the Pie Chart if there is a value (otherwise the Chart was too hard to read due to lots of blank labels). However, if I show the Legend, the blank data series field still appear, so I have say, 4 labels with the correct data series names but 6 which are blank. Can I make the Legend ignore blank fields, and just show the 4 that have values? Thanks You can manually remove individual legend entries. Click on the lege...

Extract unique data
I am using excel 2003 I have a file like below Rate month GBP 1.46 FEB 2000 1.47 MAR 3000 1.47 APR 3500 1.48 MAY 1000 I want to create summary Rate FEB MAR APR MAY 1.46 2000 1.47 3000 3500 1.48 1000 I can use sumif function to return the total, however, how can I insert only the unique rate in the first column automatically. Thanks a lot ! eva cheng Hi, I suppose information is in sheet 1 columns A,B...

Filtering multiple matches
Hi, Help needed please on a filtering question. Have a table with several columns. Column B and column H have items in them. Need to filter/display only those items where there are mulitples. For example. B H Apples Oranges Peaches Pears Apples Oranges and so on Since Apples/Oranges occurs in the list two or more times, would like to keep them. As Peaches/Pears occurs only once, would like to eliminate it . In other words, any pair that occurs more than once must be kept; any pair that occurs only once must be discarded. Not quite sure what tools wo...

same numer/character at beginning of cells in row
I have to make a worksheet of products. I can copy the part numbers but need to have all the part numbers preceded by "2M" no quotation marks. example: starting number looks like this "el000c" need to have it look like this "3Bel000c". The information is being copied from several other sheets via cut and paste. Is it possible to paste the "el000c" number with the 3B already there and staying after pasting several cells at once? Thanks in advance regardless of the answer. Do you want to precede with "2M" or "3B"? Or is i...

Moving a line chart data point revises data table value in Excel '
I recall a capability I used with Excel years ago that enabled me to create a line chart from a data table, then move the plot points on the chart to "smooth" the line, and the source data chart value would change with the corresponding new plotted point. I'd like to use that capability with Excel 2007 but can't find to activate it. Any power users know how? Thanks! Ed Ed, Microsoft decided that users didn't need that feature. More than likely, they were tired of support calls asking why the values changed when one dragged a data point...... No really, they took i...

Protect Data, but allow sorting
Hello, In Excel 2003 is it possible to protect the data in a sheet, but to allow the data to be sorted? In the Protect Sheet command, it indicates that this facility exists, but when I try to do a sort it won't do it until the sheet is unprotected. Pete Make sure that there's an empty column between the range to be sorted and any "adjacent" data. If you have a locked cell butting up to the range to be sorted, excel yells! Pete Walburn wrote: > > Hello, > > In Excel 2003 is it possible to protect the data in a sheet, but to allow > the data to be so...

Advanced filter poor performance in Excel 2003
I have an advanced filter executed in VBA that worked great until upgrading to Excel 2003. When I put in criteria the first time, the filtering works fine, but when the criteria row is blanked out so that all rows are unhidden, it takes forever for that to happen. I suspect that every formula on the sheet is being recalculated. Is there a technical explanation for why this problem happens now? Is there a way to work around this without setting the sheet calculation option to manual? I've seen slow downs when filtering, but usually showing all the rows is quicker--well at...

Migrating data from SalesLogix to MSCRM?
Hi There, Has any one done migrating of data from SalesLogix to MSCRM? We are using Scribe to migrate data, but Scribe has to us that making use of Scribe adaptor would not make much difference since our version of SalesLogix is 5.x. So we are connecting to SaleLogix database using ODBC which is fine. We just want to know any one has been through this experience and give us some helpful information. In particular how we could bring across activites from SalesLogix to MSCRM, since we have limited knowledge of SalesLogix data structure. Regards, Kyaw The SLX data structure is reall...

Keep count of rows in Excel
I am trying to print row count on my output regardless of the size of the worksheet or the number of rows. Any ideas? Experiment with this; it may offer a solution. You can go into the print setup and have it print the value of this cell in the header or footer or whatever. =COUNTA(A5:A8) Counts the number of nonblank cells in the last 4 rows of the list (4) >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to print row count on my output regardless of >the size of the worksheet or the number of rows. Any >ideas? >. > ...

get a char array from a _variant_t
I'm doing a little server that recieves data from a socket. I use WinSock for this purpose and his method: GetData( _variant_t , type, length ); My problem is I'm not able to get a char array from this _variant_t. I'm able to get a CString with: m_WinSock.GetData( &data, type, length ); CString cs = data.bstrVal; But this not solves my problem because I send empty chars through sockets and CString detects this as a final of string, ignoring the next bytes. That's because I need a char array... With char c = data.cVal; I get the first char only... What should I do??? ...

Any Regular Expr Spam Filter plugin?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3207032629_2439641 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I do not like the way filtering rules work on MS Outlook clients. Having to give a rule with every way that V-I--A-G_R-A can be written is futile and it is slower to check one-at-a-time against a list of spam words. It would be better if users could also use regular expression patterns to represent an infinite range of prospective ways that c...

Columns to rows/ Rows to columns
How do I flip the format in a fully loaded worksheet? The data is there, but I would like to be able to reverse the column and row structure Thanks! ...

Insidious Plot to Normalize Data!! Bwahahaha!!
Hi folks! Sorry for the melodramatic introduction... Here's the thing: I've got a database that relies heavily on a non normalized table. The structure is like this: Order Number is the primary key and there are about 30 fields with information about the particular order that are filled in by Order Entry personnel. There are four fields (and related fields) for entering information about up to four different part numbers per order. I would like to normalize this table with a union query that John Spencer helped me develop so that I can split off the part numbers to anothe...